AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-04, 01:39   Link #501
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

...Is this just animation quality sake or is Raki's armor scratch-less? *All but his left arm's shoulder plate. And the only wound i see is on his forehead. Perhaps he didn't fight but Pricilla dragged him off just before the kittens scratched him.. But still, where is the shoulder plate?
Old 2009-10-04, 01:43   Link #502
Galatea33
the opposing wind

Send a message via Yahoo to Galatea33
Ahhh the english is out

* Read da sig and do it! Cos' Ophelia says sO
Old 2009-10-04, 01:44   Link #503
HegemonKhan
Banned

alright.... when did cynthia lose her pants... or did she never have pants on, and i failed to notice...(time to go back to chapters 95, 94, 93 maybe....)
Old 2009-10-04, 01:50   Link #504
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I like the idea of Priscilla regaining strength through feeding and attacking Raciella thinking that the parasites will stop functioning if she kills her, but I would like it better if Priscilla somehow beats Raciella only to find that the parasites are still functioning. The Luciella wannabes stop functioning on their own after a certain time, but I doubt the parasites do if they take over another living organism like Beth. I doubt Beth is going to die because she "runs out of energy" because unlike the wannabes, Beth has her own life energy and not a limited supply taken from a certain source.
Old 2009-10-04, 01:52   Link #505
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
alright.... when did cynthia lose her pants... or did she never have pants on, and i failed to notice...(time to go back to chapters 95, 94, 93 maybe....)

You mean this?
Old 2009-10-04, 01:56   Link #506
HegemonKhan
Banned

ya... is this during agatha ?
------------------------------------------

also, on the side of the last page, it talks about if anyone can destroy the source (the destroyer)

so i presume this is foreshadowing that the next chapter will have some one attacking the destroyer itself...

either priscilla or clare or both ........
----------------------------------------------------

also, i got a feeling that something is going to happen to dae'sama traveling back to the Organization alone... i think he's gonna encounter some one or a group of others.....

just got a feeling.... that going alone cuz he's (dae'sama=ghoul MIB) afraid of being with raki, should raki awaken, is gonna have bad results for him (dae'sama=ghoul MIB) ...
Old 2009-10-04, 02:00   Link #507
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
yuppers
Old 2009-10-04, 02:03   Link #508
HegemonKhan
Banned

wow..... you know a manga is good....

if i'm so focused on the manga and story itself... that i hadn't ever noticed cynthia in "panties" !!!

(the "panties" could be a bit more thin in the back though.... or cynthia could have fleshier cheeks...oh well, i shouldn't be complaining... and i like the pantless attire too. it should be adopted by all the female claymores!!!)

lol
Old 2009-10-04, 02:21   Link #509
Gooral
Banned

Sorry if what I post has already been said. I would have to read 9 pages of post to know that + the time it would take to write what I want to write there would be next 9 pages.

As someone mentioned before, it's strange that MiB knew about Raciella's state of mind. What's more (I believe it wasn't mentioned yet) they somehow know that immobile Raciella's projectiles (I would say "dead" if they were living creatures) are the same as dead AB.

Also, while reading cnet's translation this fragment caught my attention:
Cynthia: Right after being exposed to that monstrous youki back there... // ...it's a little difficult to make subtle judgements...
We're talking about Beth here, potential Abyssal. Even if we assume that she has been weakened by the parasite and that she was at 0% youki release it's still amazing IMO how vast the gap is between Raciella and even most powerful claymores.

And another thing:
gernot's translation:
So in case we don’t cut them to pieces they can easily run rampage for half a day...
Does that mean they were fighting them for half a day? Because I can't see how could they say such a thing otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
You're wrong; you're very wrong. You overestimate Priscilla, make her too powerful. Sure Prissy is Amazing, but she is not so amazing that she can swat away dozens, a hundred, hundreds of spears moving at high speed, ones that could be at close proximity to Raki, ones that where Raki could between her and the projectile. Don't let your love for the character blind you. Let's slow down and think about this.
Why dozens or hundreds of spears? She would only have to deflect the ones directed at Raki and because she would stand beside him at the same time she would protect herself. She could also flee with him to the safe place. The only problems would be Raki himself (he might have rushed to help other people but I assume Priscilla could keep up with him) and Priscilla's retardness (maybe she went to killing mode and abandoned Raki). Anyway, I agree that she must have been the one that killed all those people. I wonder if she ate parasites too.
As for projectiles, Riful was definitely able to avoid them but was too occupied with Alicia. Also Clare and co. (Yuma and Cynthia too) somehow weren't injured even though pales were all around them (and Riful was hit by such huge objects, not small projectiles). Partially it's because they're much much smaller than Riful and are harder to hit. Priscilla and Raki aren't giants either so I can't see your point. Deneve was hit at point blank range, she couldn't be closer to parasites than she was. And what's most important Clare managed to save Helen even though parasite already sent projectiles towards Helen. Even if we assume that she sensed sth like this beforehand and rushed towards Helen before parasite attacked it was still quite a feat. In one frame we see Helen only and that kitty is releasing projectiles, at the next Deneve is shouting "don't let them hit you" (so most probably Clare wasn't beside her then, otherwise she wouldn't shout or at least not sth like that) and in the next we can see Clare standing between Helen and projectiles deflecting/destroying every one of them. So Clare in the time Deneve needed to say the words "This is bad, don't get hit by that! It'll feed of off you" wasn't standing beside Helen yet but projectiles were already in motion and Clare still managed to save her. So either Clare is faster than Priscilla and Riful or these projectiles aren't that fast. The wrong one is you Gangsta.
Old 2009-10-04, 02:31   Link #510
Ghostfriendly

Looks like the Org have themselves an atomic bomb analogue....

Really thought Raki and Clare would meet up, but too cruel....now she'll have to attack the Org directly to get him back, once all these creatures are dealt with.

I can see Alicia joining up with Riful, Beth getting killed, and someone heroically sacrificing themselves to take out the twin monster before it expends itself.
Old 2009-10-04, 02:46   Link #511
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

You mean this?
Two words : Nice ass.

This chapter hardly expands much, to me it is just artwork. I guess we have to wait till the next chapter before anything really materializes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-10-04, 02:49   Link #512
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This chapter hardly expands much, to me it is just artwork. I guess we have to wait till the next chapter before anything really materializes.
Personally, I'm kinda disappointed with chapter 96 :/
Old 2009-10-04, 02:54   Link #513
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I thought Priscilla was with Raki? Where did she go?
Old 2009-10-04, 02:55   Link #514
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

@Cyclone:

I could be wrong about something that I said earlier, depending on translation and interpretation. So I wonder if you could translate something, especially the bold part. Here is Gernot's translation:

Quote:
自我もなく…
No ego…

肉の欲求も 生への執着すらない…
No fleshly desires, nor even attachment to life…
ただまわりにあるものを破壊し尽くし
Just something that completely destroys the things around it
命あるものを蝕み…やがて滅びるもの…か
eats into anything that is alive, and at length is destroyed, huh?
すばらしいな
Magnificent!
In CNet's translation he says self awareness instead of Ego. Anyway, this is Daah-eh saying it. If we get into Psychology, the consciousness is part of the Ego. If it is just self awareness, then there still could be consciousness, just not how normal human beings know it. Obviously though Raceilla is making decisions though they may be more like a computer deciding to launch more projectiles and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Why dozens or hundreds of spears? She would only have to deflect the ones directed at Raki and because she would stand beside him at the same time she would protect herself. She could also flee with him to the safe place. The only problems would be Raki himself (he might have rushed to help other people but I assume Priscilla could keep up with him) and Priscilla's retardness (maybe she went to killing mode and abandoned Raki). Anyway, I agree that she must have been the one that killed all those people. I wonder if she ate parasites too.
As for projectiles, Riful was definitely able to avoid them but was too occupied with Alicia. Also Clare and co. (Yuma and Cynthia too) somehow weren't injured even though pales were all around them (and Riful was hit by such huge objects, not small projectiles). Partially it's because they're much much smaller than Riful and are harder to hit. Priscilla and Raki aren't giants either so I can't see your point. Deneve was hit at point blank range, she couldn't be closer to parasites than she was. And what's most important Clare managed to save Helen even though parasite already sent projectiles towards Helen. Even if we assume that she sensed sth like this beforehand and rushed towards Helen before parasite attacked it was still quite a feat. In one frame we see Helen only and that kitty is releasing projectiles, at the next Deneve is shouting "don't let them hit you" (so most probably Clare wasn't beside her then, otherwise she wouldn't shout or at least not sth like that) and in the next we can see Clare standing between Helen and projectiles deflecting/destroying every one of them. So Clare in the time Deneve needed to say the words "This is bad, don't get hit by that! It'll feed of off you" wasn't standing beside Helen yet but projectiles were already in motion and Clare still managed to save her. So either Clare is faster than Priscilla and Riful or these projectiles aren't that fast. The wrong one is you Gangsta.
Gooral how can I be wrong if the end results speak for themselves? You guys are arguing with what has already happen. Raki has two spears sticking out of his arm, so obviously Priscilla wasn't able to protect him, despite being awesome. You guys aren't really debating with me; you guys are telling Yagi that he is wrong and that you somehow know more of what Priscilla is capable of than he does. End results speak for themselves, thank you. Also you argument relies on the assumption that she would stand by him during the whole encounter, from start to finish, despite her having no prior knowledge of the spears. I think it is far more likely that either or both Raki and/or Priscilla rushed off to fight one of the kitties. So I think it is far more likely that there is a distance between them. The more kitties you destroy, the more spears will fly, and Prissy is more than capable of killing several at one time. As for using Clare as an example of why Priscilla should be able to block any and all spears directed at Raki, well, we don't really know how fast Priscilla is, you are using presumptions. On the other hand, Clare is the master of the quick sword, who has recently got a power up in that field. It is entirely possible that Clare is faster at deflecting things than AB Priscilla. It is entirely possible that Rigaldo is faster at defelcting things than AB Priscilla and that Clare is faster than him. Priscilla most certainly didn't dodge Isley's attacks. But again, to reiterate the point, you are arguing with end results. Raki has two spears in his arms, thus Priscilla wasn't able to protect him, end of story.
Old 2009-10-04, 03:00   Link #515
straferd
Toushi

And why did she abandon Raki? Wouldn't it be funny if we see her speared like Beth in the next chapter?
Old 2009-10-04, 03:04   Link #516
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
And why did she abandon Raki? Wouldn't it be funny if we see her speared like Beth in the next chapter?
1) She is heading towards Raciella to attack her.
2) She has lost it after battling the kitties, and is somewhere in a confused state in her little girl form, sobbing about Raki.
3) When she changed into her Awakened Form, the one horned monster returned.
4) She got speared and is now moaning somewhere on the ground.
Old 2009-10-04, 03:07   Link #517
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
2) She has lost it after battling the kitties, and is somewhere in a confused state in her little girl form, sobbing about Raki.
All of these sound probable

I hope on #1, so we get some good one horned monster action vs Raciella

MAAAN I have to wait ANOTHER month for next release?!
Old 2009-10-04, 03:58   Link #518
greyhame6

Quote:

You mean this?
i must be going blind.... cant believe i missed that.
just finished reading chapter; wondering bout a few points:

how powerful are the higher mib's when compared to claymores? what r they doing to themselves if their goal is to create a perfect weapon? or is their goal to be the perfect weapon?

catbeth seems pretty strong but how long can she last? will she be like other spawns and die out in half a day (or longer considering she has a lot more yoki) or will she last until someone kills her?

destroyer seems rdy for another attack already. only option for every1 in the vicinity atm is to either attack the destroyer directly or run away. if attacking then how would they go about doing it? can they do it? if running then where would they run to? off the island finally?

what happened in the village with raki? where did priscilla go? or is she still nearby?

final request: pls dont let cynthia die just yet....her ass is too good to disappear so soon
Old 2009-10-04, 03:58   Link #519
Seska

Quote:
1) Can be a Possibility too. That Riful lost it, after She saw Raki get injured, and go on Rampage."You Hurt Raki, i go Crush you!"
2) With the Black Heats Org Sensors around them? I doubt they would not sense her. Or Riful is still hiding nearby with super Cloak Yoki Hide mode.
3) See 1) And for that she need the Village as an Power Up

But i am curios what happen to both, After the Black Blade Cat have done to the Ground.. She was even not finish her own Words, so they got it by Surprise. My Idea is that Beth somehow finished transferring Alicia back to Human (or at last to an not Awakened State anymore) and transfered her Own Mind to Alica. Well it can be a Both Way connection. They are Twins = equal Force Numbers (So the Org has two No. 1)

We don't should forget Riful, She sees an Powerful "Awakened" in front of her. She is in a weaken state. Her Pal is out of Fighting. I think Riful will taken care of Alicia, and i don't mind in Killing her... She knows that Secret of Awakend and Control.

The unknown Surprises are: What happened to Precillia? Where is Beth Parasite going? Will it run out of Energy? or is this Parasite leaching Beth Yoki unlimited? (The Parasite could be leaching with 98% of Beth Yoki, because not her entire body is consumed into the Parasite one). But if they said "she is beyond saving...." at last let Alicia bring Peace to Beth
Why is Rakis Parasite not out of Energy? Good question here... Humans don't have Yoki. So the Parasites must have already consumed their own Energy long ago...Is he fighting against an Awakend state?

Will there be a New Parasite Wave? or are the 3 of them able to counter it? (I doubt it) So will Claymore glide into One Piece Manga Action? (Please no)

So many Question, and hope for some good answers

Thanks for reading this little Wall of Text
Old 2009-10-04, 04:10   Link #520
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Seska, about (2) you forget that Prissy specialty is naturally hiding her Yoki. That is why she was the ideal Claymore to fight Teresa, who used yoki flow to predict moves. Even the current eye stood right next to Prissy and was unable to sense her, until Priscilla let her as a warning. It is entirely possible that if 2) happens that Clare would meat Priscilla and think she is a normal human girl and take her in.
Closed Thread