AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 12:58   Link #621
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Actually, Alicia might stay in a partially awakened state, giving Riful what she wants, a being that is slightly less powerful than her.
she can't be partially awakened
she was, because of the soul link with beth
at the moment, where the soul link broke she went fully awakened

and ... damn! why is Raki getting caught by these stupid monks xD
where's Priscilla!?
She ran away or want?!
can't be that she died and Raki survived, u know^^

and I was hoping for Raki and Clare to have a nice reunion :0
^^
Old 2009-10-05, 13:05   Link #622
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Again, what says that a partially awakened state can be a permanent state. Sure we know that Clare almost awakened in her partially awakened state. However, Beth was trying to return stabilize Alicia form. It is entirely possible that while Beth was unable to return Alicia to being human that she stabilized Alicia form, leaving the human consciousness or possibly even the awakened consciousness in charge of a partially awakened body. Don't limit yourself by being close minded and assuming something is impossible, just because you know of one case where a partially awakened almost awakened.
Old 2009-10-05, 13:15   Link #623
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Anyway, does anyone here think that Raki's ability to slow the effects of the parasite is the same ability that stopped Clare from awakening? Raki is no ordinary human, just like Clare was no ordinary human. Maybe there is something in his Ki that slows down and stops things such as awakenings.
Old 2009-10-05, 13:20   Link #624
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Anyway, does anyone here think that Raki's ability to slow the effects of the parasite is the same ability that stopped Clare from awakening? Raki is no ordinary human, just like Clare was no ordinary human. Maybe there is something in his Ki that slows down and stops things such as awakenings.
Well, @Gangsta, I always said that there was more to that boy than meets the eye. But you guys wouldn't believe me. And now here's living proof of that. But the most important ? on my mind right now is, where the hell is Prissy?
Old 2009-10-05, 13:37   Link #625
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Well, @Gangsta, I always said that there was more to that boy than meets the eye. But you guys wouldn't believe me. And now here's living proof of that. But the most important ? on my mind right now is, where the hell is Prissy?
It wouldn't be me who wouldn't have believed you, if I heard you make the claim. Despite not being a Raki fan, I have said all along that he is no ordinary human being, that there is something special about him. I pretty much thought Raki had some weird quality to him since he stopped Clare's Awakening.
Old 2009-10-05, 13:50   Link #626
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
maybe he swallowed youma blood while traveling with Clare and became one eighth yoma or something lol

yeah i want to know where Priscilla went, too
in the scene before, she pushed away Raki but the very next scene, she disappeared

maybe we can hope that she's going to rescue Raki so that he won't get lead away to the organisations

ah wait a moment
the destroyers in rakis shoulder
they started to awaken, am I right?
they only awake if they can suck an specific amount of youki out of the hit body, ain't it?

a proof that Raki's not normal?!
Old 2009-10-05, 13:56   Link #627
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Nah, from earlier chapters it sounds like the spears can use any living creature to get more energy. Then there is also the theory that yoma actually convert Ki to Yoki.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:00   Link #628
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

No, it is said in 95 that they can feed on any living being.
Targets with actual yoki would be to few to make this strategy work.

I think the comment from "deformed supermonk" rules out "ki", or willpower as a reason why it doesn't quite work on Raki. My guess is, that it is because of Pris doing.. something to him. Maybe she's still around somehow.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:02   Link #629
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Raki is definitely human imho. It's what makes him so unique in the first place. However, I wouldn't put it past him that he has the sort of Spiritual Energy that is able to counter Youki. That's why he's so strong now, and the reason why despite how good he smells, neither Isley nor Priscilla took a bite out of him, especially Isley since he wasn't quite as unstable is Priscilla is. Couple that with the blessed Sword of Rabona, and he could be a lot more.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:05   Link #630
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Just because you are human doesn't mean you don't have some special ability though. Clare also was no ordinary human being. She was able to feel Priscilla's yoki as a child, before she became a Claymore, while when Helen and Deneve explained while they were in the town where Isley was at, sending waves upon waves of yoki out, that people extra sensative to being able to yoki, would feel uncomfortable, but not sense it the way a Claymore does.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:15   Link #631
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Just because you are human doesn't mean you don't have some special ability though. Clare also was no ordinary human being. She was able to feel Priscilla's yoki as a child, before she became a Claymore, while when Helen and Deneve explained while they were in the town where Isley was at, sending waves upon waves of yoki out, that people extra sensative to being able to yoki, would feel uncomfortable, but not sense it the way a Claymore does.
Notice that both Clare and Raki were abused or always in the presence of Yoma since they were children. I'm tempted to believe that if they are children, people who are forced to stay around Yoma for extended periods of time develop a certain ability that can counter them. Clare thus developed the ability to sense them if they were either close or very powerful (Priscilla). Raki probably developed another sort of ability to counter Youki in some way, probably like an anti-Youki barrier. It's a wild theory though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't true.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:16   Link #632
SagaraSouske

Clare's case is different from Alicia. The half awakening fab 4 uses are before transformation. When Clare did go 4 limb transformation, she was not able to maintain it more then a short time and only pulled back with Jean's help. Alicia only manages full body transformation due to soul link. Once soul link is gone, Alicia would not be able to maintain full body AB form. She would most likely fully awaken right there unless Alicia somehow maintain full awakened form and still maintain her claymore self without soul link. This would be the holy grail for Clare to reach but I doubt Alicia is capable of.

The reason Raki is resisting the change from the parasite is will power, same reason for fab 4 to half awaken and come back.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:20   Link #633
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
I think that Raki's ability to slow the parasites is because he's Raki. And I don't mean this in a "Raki has plot immunity" type way - although that's true as well.

Who was the last person Raphaela interacted with prior to awakening? Who did Raphaela give all of her memories too? And who does that person love most in the world?

We already know that there was cross-contamination between Clare and Raphaela. Sure, Raph's conscious was apparently destroyed when she awoke, and supposedly nothing but despair remains in the shell, but I doubt that that is actually the case.

So, my theory is that whatever bit of Raph/Clare still remains within the destroyer is also present in the spears and that bit recognizes Raki. This strikes me as plausible and consistent with the way Yagi constructs his plots (see: Ophelia) without the need to posit any heretofore unseen special ability on Raki's part. Further, positing said ability strikes me as highly inconsistent with Yagi's past style.
Old 2009-10-05, 15:19   Link #634
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Notice that both Clare and Raki were abused or always in the presence of Yoma since they were children. I'm tempted to believe that if they are children, people who are forced to stay around Yoma for extended periods of time develop a certain ability that can counter them. Clare thus developed the ability to sense them if they were either close or very powerful (Priscilla). Raki probably developed another sort of ability to counter Youki in some way, probably like an anti-Youki barrier. It's a wild theory though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't true.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
The reason Raki is resisting the change from the parasite is will power, same reason for fab 4 to half awaken and come back.
Perhaps Raki is more then we see at the moment. You know, he hugged Clare at the Critical Moment. Claire's Willpower got an "Power up Boost". So she overthrow the Awakened state... Perhaps Raki has his little hands in this play? Or some reaction if both of them "Combine"? But that only knows Yagi...
Old 2009-10-05, 15:21   Link #635
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

That is a very good theory, Aimless.

If this is true, the organisation might have a hard time figuring out what's going on. This leaves the question where Pris has gone. For several years she was attached to Raki and now she suddenly ran off?
Maybe she lost it and is on her way to the central battle zone?

By the way, does anyone in the organization know about Clare+Raki? Rubel for example, will he recognize him?
Old 2009-10-05, 15:23   Link #636
HegemonKhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea33 View Post
Perhaps you mean Raquel, the long haired one with half body remained.
ya that's it... i actually got a list of all the characters, but was too lazy to look up who it was.

also, i'm cautious of putting down a name, since i always get the jean n co (witches maw tortured claymores) confused with the eva n co (claymores killed off by isley's army before the 24 army of claymores is sent to the north)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

the ALREADY dead claymore in witches maw (as you see jean pole rammed and katea awaken only to be smashed to pieces) is never identified/named.

and raquel is allowed to leave by riful as a dying messenger.... lol

i like riful's "diplomacy" !!!! *grins*
Old 2009-10-05, 15:23   Link #637
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
By the way, does anyone in the organization know about Clare+Raki? Rubel for example, will he recognize him?
Well, at last Rubel knows about them... (at Start) But what if he don't told this to the Org?
Old 2009-10-05, 15:32   Link #638
HegemonKhan
Banned

well dae'sama n his retrieval unit doesn't know who raki is, however we don't know about the other black coats, if rubel informed them or was forced to inform them about raki n clare....

if lune / renee ever gets back to the Organization, she could inform them too about raki's connection to priscilla and clare..... giving the Organization the realization they got the best hostage.... or the worst hostage..... raki as a hostage could very well have a fatal outcome for the Organization..... there's no way the Organization could survive the WRATH OF CLARE AND PRISCILLA !!!! raki is one human you don't mess with.....because of who his girl friends are... hehe
--------------------------------------------------------------------

just realized some thing:

priscilla cares about raki......

if priscilla wanted/needed to awaken,

she'd have to be NO WHERE NEAR raki..... awakened priscilla has quite an appetite for humans.... (as seen in the chapter "73-74" extra scene ?-i forgot which now. where priscilla is walking around in the north without clothes eating all the humans of 4 entire villages before isley decides its "intolerable" and sends first rigald to confront priscilla... and than himself)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

i'll repeat an idea about alicia and beth that i put in the previous post, in this post as well since it seemed to have gotten missed:

possibly....beth could have transfered herself (her conscious, soul, whatever) over to alicia..... !!!!

beth could be now "inside" alicia's body. using alicia to maybe save or kill her now headless feline rider projectile-destroyer body.....and saved riful in order for her to help out...

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-10-05 at 15:47.
Old 2009-10-05, 15:55   Link #639
SagaraSouske

Well I think "strong will" is a trait Yagi uses for many of the important characters. The fact the whole awakening process is filled with ecstasy, temptation and desire will weed out those who turn in to AB. Clare do have a strong will, Raki became a focus for her to utilize it against awakening, same as Jean being her focus during the limb awakening. Miria had her hatred for the Org/Ophelia as her focus. Jean had Clare as a focus. I am sure Galatea would be able to half awaken and pull back as well as long as someone serve to remind her the importance of staying human. I think this trait will be the key in the triumph of human over yoma/AB/Org. It won't matter if Clare or Raki's bodies are hybridized or transformes at some point. It's their heart and mind that makes them human.
Old 2009-10-05, 16:01   Link #640
HegemonKhan
Banned

yes, "strong will" is massively popular and not just in anime/manga.

anime/manga:

naruto and his "believe it" = human will power
bleach and ichigo's "resolve" = human will power
claymore's resistance to becoming inhuman yomas = human will power

movies:

star wars and luke-anakin's resistance to the dark side = human will power
LotR=the hobbits resistance to sauron and his evil-darkness= "human"/hobbit will power (lol)

religions:

christianity's resistance or message of resistance to temptation/sins and its stories/accounts about such incidents =human will power

real life:

all the real life stories about human determination or never giving up = human will power

sports:

a losing team struggles and keeps on fighting and ends up winning instead of losing = human will power

military/war:

soldiers continue to fight and possibly live and/or win despite gruesome injuries = human will power

concluding summary:

human will power/perserverance/determination/struggle/never giving up is revered and glorified universally in the entire human species

Last edited by HegemonKhan; 2009-10-05 at 16:16.
Closed Thread