AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-24, 01:13   Link #4401
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
B-but I want my DEEN-style season 2... ;-;
I'd have to agree. If there is to be a season 2, I'd want DEEN to animate it, just because I've gotten used to their character designs (and a change in studio may also mean a change in voice cast in which case NO JUST NO). Just, y'know...let's make sure we string Chiaki Kon up in the streets and not let her anywhere near the potential Chiru adaptation, and find a director who is actually competent...

Though in the end, it's probably still best if there's no season 2 at all. I'm undecided.
Old 2009-12-24, 01:17   Link #4402
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I dont get all the DEEN-bashing when the problem is clearly Chiaki Kon.
Old 2009-12-24, 01:20   Link #4403
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

If the change of the director will change the quality, then I'm all for it.
I take back any of my DEEN bashing comments and I'm willing to give them another chance with a new director. If they choose Chiaki Kon again though then I'll be very disappointed.

Old 2009-12-24, 01:56   Link #4404
Marion
The Great Dine

DEEN in general has never been a very good animation company in terms of what they've done. They've had very few successful series.

Chikai Kon isn't the only director that works there after all
Old 2009-12-24, 02:14   Link #4405
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really don't think a change in director is going to improve things in regards to cuts, since 26 episodes for Chiru is most likely the best case scenario. I really don't think any director would've kept in goat kun for instance.. I also think the first arc would've had to been rushed period for the sake of the rest.. though a change in director probably would've saved the finales for arcs 2 and 4 from being so rushed..

Alot of blame has to go to Toshifumi Kawase as well, who did series composition.
Old 2009-12-24, 07:53   Link #4406
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
I dont get all the DEEN-bashing when the problem is clearly Chiaki Kon.
Really... when I think that Deen is the same studio that made Jigoku Shoujo... I just can't explain it... probably it's just a budget issue.

Old 2009-12-24, 11:03   Link #4407
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Really... when I think that Deen is the same studio that made Jigoku Shoujo... I just can't explain it... probably it's just a budget issue.
It's a staff issue.
Old 2009-12-24, 16:15   Link #4408
Nontype
CONTRACTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I really don't think a change in director is going to improve things in regards to cuts, since 26 episodes for Chiru is most likely the best case scenario. I really don't think any director would've kept in goat kun for instance.. I also think the first arc would've had to been rushed period for the sake of the rest.. though a change in director probably would've saved the finales for arcs 2 and 4 from being so rushed..

Alot of blame has to go to Toshifumi Kawase as well, who did series composition.
So who chose what to cut/keep? The director or Series composer?

If they're going to focus the series almost entirely on Beatrice and Battler, they should at least get the relationship right. It's like they consciously chose to cut a lot of the important nuances that lead up to "My golden witch!" and cut that too.
Old 2009-12-24, 16:17   Link #4409
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nontype View Post
So who chose what to cut/keep? The director or Series composer?

If they're going to focus the series almost entirely on Beatrice and Battler, they should at least get the relationship right. It's like they consciously chose to cut a lot of the important nuances that lead up to "My golden witch!" and cut that too.
I would cut both tbh, and yeah for a series that focused on them two way to not even nail their relationship...
Old 2009-12-24, 19:03   Link #4410
Ronove

Maybe the staff is a Umineko fan also? They would HAVE to read the 30-Hour-Per-Arc Visual Novel right? I suppose they took their ideas from some idiot who sped-read it or read online spoilers. Not to mention, taking notes on key plots and putting it in a 26 (~630minute) series.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:19   Link #4411
MarthX

If they animate Chiru, I'm sure a lot of anime only watchers will be complaining how Battler suddenly cares for Beatrice. The anime did a bad job of showing how he feels about her. Anime Battler is stuck in angry mode.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:29   Link #4412
Zann

I decided, since I started out as an anime watcher, to read the novels after the season finale. That way, I'd actually like the anime adaption instead of just find flaw after flaw. It's like saying. "Hey, I know they only gave you five dollars, but I expected a coke, pizza, a laptop and a Wii and all you got was me was a pizza!?"

Now that the anime is over, I can read the novels and get the best of both experiences.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:41   Link #4413
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Just nitpicking, but I think 30 hours per novel is a bit hyperbolic, considering I finished each one in a single not-all-day sitting o.O;
Old 2009-12-24, 20:00   Link #4414
MarthX

Episode 1 is about 8 hours
Episode 2 is about 8 hours
Episode 3 is about 10 hours
Episode 4 is about 14 hours
Old 2009-12-24, 20:47   Link #4415
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
If they animate Chiru, I'm sure a lot of anime only watchers will be complaining how Battler suddenly cares for Beatrice. The anime did a bad job of showing how he feels about her. Anime Battler is stuck in angry mode.
haters gonna hate

Well not many people thought Battler would actually have feelings for Beato, especially after his rage mode in EP 4. But then again without love it cannot be seen and etc etc
Old 2009-12-24, 21:09   Link #4416
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If they animate Chiru, I really want to know how they are going to do the ???? party because they digged their own grave like no time.
Some missing reds are basically the twist used for Ep5, so it will just make no sense whatsoever.

Beyond the decrepencies between the character relationship, it is the mystery and clues that got totally endangered by the first season.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:11   Link #4417
Marion
The Great Dine

If they do end up animating Chiru, because of maybe a contract with Ryukishi or something, then maybe Ryukishi will write up an anime extra arc. Although I don't know what they would include in an extra arc - unlike Higurashi there is a VERY little chance of anyone coming out alive. Eva is the only known case to us and what happened afterward was explained through Ange.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:15   Link #4418
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The extra arc doesn't work with Umineko, simply because it would be simply a rehash if you want the same red.
And suffice to say, considering Beato's state, it is unlikely that you will learn this red in any other way.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:33   Link #4419
June 1983

Someone on MyAnimeList suggested SHAFT as a studio that might make a good Umineko adaptation. They've had some budget problems lately as I understand it, but oh my. When I thought about it, it was kind of too awesome to contemplate.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:35   Link #4420
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is all about tastes, but if it is with Shinbou or a style of the same kind, count me out.
Seriously, Umineko has a lot of genres blending together, it doesn't need flashy and totally random static color screen and random papercut/IRL pictures mixed within.

Umineko has a lot of noise already with the magic scene and unreliable narrator + blue and red. So adding that kind of noise just makes the thing totally nonsensical.