AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 20:05   Link #1541
Ickarium

Actually, small sample sizes are only usable if certain circumstances are true. It's far more complicated than you seem to think. This is basic statistics.

To change the topic, one thing I did not like is how anticlimactic the final battle was. They also didn't give enough details on /what/ Kojou was doing to turn the island to mist. They said it, but they didn't really show it past vague hints, I'd have liked more details on that. Seems pretty important turning an /entire island/ into mist.

On the other hand, I did like the appearance of Natsuki's guardian. A golden knight is /awesome/. I really want more details on Natsuki in the future.
Old 2014-02-21, 20:20   Link #1542
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I mean I like this anime enough to keep watching but it's still only registering in my mind as a poor man's TAMNI/NT. Too many similarities to NT.9 to be a coincidence, I mean come on, the timing is too perfect. XD
have you watch higurashi and umineko? those have animes and games WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before NT happen.

NT 9 isn't really that original it just happen that kamachi knows what his doing

heck, if you saw the comparison. NT 9 looks a lot like Umineko with a crossover of eternal sorcerer Touma.

Quote:
First of all I know that this is based on a LN and that this was obviously out before NT.9, common sense much... wait what am I saying this is the internet.

Moving along I'm just stating things that are similar in both series, also NT did a hell of a lot better job of expanding and explaining in each of it's arcs than this seems to be doing.

and Yes He is the weakest Vampire ever, just because people say he can do it doesn't make it otherwise, let's see so far how many enemies has he defeated without anyone's help?, better yet how many enemies has he himself defeated without Himeragi interrupting or giving the final blow? For a vampire that's supposed to be the strongest he spends a lot of time on the floor. and come on what about the coincidence that every pokem.. familiar he summons is always one that seems to have the exact power need to stop the enemy?

I don't hate this anime in fact that i'm still watching says a lot but that doesn't mean i'm not going to point out things that stick out like a sore thumb that bother me and while I may be biased and like TAMI/NT comparing them isn't instantly a bad thing.

On another note which of the two got serialized as a LN first, TAMNI/NT or StB?
If you know that StB happens before NT 9 then why rant about?

and the anime is a poor excuse of making profit.

Don't assume that Kujou is the weakest vampire ever.

Heck he is one of the most OP vampire EVER.

He will put a great fight against the true ancestor or death apostle ancestor from type moon or different series.

I will just say this that

KOJOU SO FAR HAVEN'T EVEN UNLEASH A TINY BIT OF THE REAL POWER OF HIS KENJUU.

Kojou as himself might be weak because he just become vampire and hasn't had experience yet and its not like he know how to fight or always out to fight someone. He is inexperience.

But that doesn't change his a vampire and his strength and speed alone is insane just like other vampire. I think your forgetting the first arc or the second arc where Kujou has super strength and he can also jump HIGH and LONG DISTANCE.

He is superhuman in any sense.

its just that the opponents are broken too and has way to counter him which is awesome!!!!

because REALLY! a broken main character that curb stomps the opponent is boring -_- sorry tatsuya but .... really as much as I like mahouka, its just boring watching you streamroll and mayuki go gagaga with her onii-sama.

And lets not talk about the kenjuu where practically broken each if Kojou really wanted them to be.

Your forgetting that when paper noise said that if he wants to destroy the island. yes, he can.

And he turn the whole island into mist -_-

The power of the kenjuu are all being hold back because he doesn't want to destroy the island and its surrounding. His actually being mindful of his way of fighting.

And unlike campione where the knights and magic users are boring where they accept that the campione are the only one who can kill gods and stand against them.

Here in Strike The Blood. No matter how broken you can be or how strong you are. There are ways to bring you down.

Which is why I like it.

The same can be said for Index.

Power levels and broken characters that can win on their own without even a scratch or problems are boring for me -_-
Old 2014-02-21, 20:26   Link #1543
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Wow! An hostile invasion of spammers? And to boot they are totally hitting every term that exists in informal fallacies.

Last edited by Ougon; 2014-02-22 at 10:19. Reason: typo
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 20:34   Link #1544
BW95
Banned

Quote:
First of all I know that this is based on a LN and that this was obviously out before NT.9, common sense much... wait what am I saying this is the internet.

Moving along I'm just stating things that are similar in both series, also NT did a hell of a lot better job of expanding and explaining in each of it's arcs than this seems to be doing.

and Yes He is the weakest Vampire ever, just because people say he can do it doesn't make it otherwise, let's see so far how many enemies has he defeated without anyone's help?, better yet how many enemies has he himself defeated without Himeragi interrupting or giving the final blow? For a vampire that's supposed to be the strongest he spends a lot of time on the floor. and come on what about the coincidence that every pokem.. familiar he summons is always one that seems to have the exact power need to stop the enemy?

I don't hate this anime in fact that i'm still watching says a lot but that doesn't mean i'm not going to point out things that stick out like a sore thumb that bother me and while I may be biased and like TAMI/NT comparing them isn't instantly a bad thing.

On another note which of the two got serialized as a LN first, TAMNI/NT or StB?
It's not a matter of being weak. He simply didn't have the necessary ability to resolve the situation. The main problem is that he's too damn friggin' strong. Although he couldn't have really beaten Astarte without Himeragi breaking the barrier. He could have probably beaten Nalakuvera if he didn't mind destroying the entire island and he was trying really hard not to feed Kanon to Al-Meisa-Mercury, but he lacked the ability to free her.

In the first and second arcs, it didn't really matter which one he summoned. He didn't really need Regulus Aurum specifically to beat Rudolph and any Kenjuu besides Regulus Aurum would have done in the second arc.

Index, of course.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 21:05   Link #1545
zero7090

what is NT9?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 21:08   Link #1546
Tenzen12

New Testament (Part II of To Aru Majutsu no index novels) volume 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Actually, small sample sizes are only usable if certain circumstances are true. It's far more complicated than you seem to think. This is basic statistics. .
If you know that much about statistic, you should know there is ALWAYS room for inaccuracy. If you are realy intend toss anything you dislike with such excuse, you looking down on whole branch of science. We might have only sample to work with, but said sample is real, if you want say it's inacurate, burden of proof is on your side.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-02-21 at 21:20.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 21:48   Link #1547
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
>_> the episode.... as always. I feel that the studio is just creating it and animating without making an effort at all. Norin still looks better T_T

The mist turtle turn into lobster or crab... lol

the plot for this arc reminds me of NT 9 and Himeragi's spear reminds me of fantasy killer/ imagine breaker though I wonder if Imagine breaker's real form will be indeed a spear. Though Himeragi's spear is man made right? the same for Sayaka's sword.
i just remember....imagine breaker did come in all shape and form in the past as ollerus and othinus have said..cave, sword, etc so a spear is not a scretch

plus they also sorta say the world is made by someone? so othinus is here and made the world?so this Stb world here is one of the previous world? before being made as tamni world
Old 2014-02-21, 22:01   Link #1548
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
have you watch higurashi and umineko? those have animes and games WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before NT happen.

NT 9 isn't really that original it just happen that kamachi knows what his doing

heck, if you saw the comparison. NT 9 looks a lot like Umineko with a crossover of eternal sorcerer Touma.
Yes I started watching those seemed interesting but in the end they couldn't keep me interested enough to keep watching.

I never said TAMNI/NT was original just that it does it a hell of a lot better than the vast majority of anime/LN/Manga, while giving you a lot of insight into it's characters to boot.

[QUOTE=If you know that StB happens before NT 9 then why rant about?

and the anime is a poor excuse of making profit. [/QUOTE]

They all are.

[QUOTE=Don't assume that Kujou is the weakest vampire ever.

Heck he is one of the most OP vampire EVER.

He will put a great fight against the true ancestor or death apostle ancestor from type moon or different series.

I will just say this that

KOJOU SO FAR HAVEN'T EVEN UNLEASH A TINY BIT OF THE REAL POWER OF HIS KENJUU.

Kojou as himself might be weak because he just become vampire and hasn't had experience yet and its not like he know how to fight or always out to fight someone. He is inexperience.

But that doesn't change his a vampire and his strength and speed alone is insane just like other vampire. I think your forgetting the first arc or the second arc where Kujou has super strength and he can also jump HIGH and LONG DISTANCE.

He is superhuman in any sense.

its just that the opponents are broken too and has way to counter him which is awesome!!!!

because REALLY! a broken main character that curb stomps the opponent is boring -_- sorry tatsuya but .... really as much as I like mahouka, its just boring watching you streamroll and mayuki go gagaga with her onii-sama.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they keep mentioning he's the most powerful vampire but he doesn't show it, all I ever see is him on the floor not moving and letting the enemies attack almost kill him until someone (i.e. Himeragi ) stops the attack and makes him look weak, every, damn, arc. If he's so strong why not do something, hell evade the attack, that's the minimum of what he has to do, either way he's immortal, so Himeragi ''protecting him'' is kinda dumb.

And yes as much as I want to like Mahouka, Tatsuya is too strong for my taste, he just steam rolls everything and the whole Miyuki thing got tired the first few volumes, Erika is still the best girl in there, imo.

[QUOTE=And lets not talk about the kenjuu where practically broken each if Kojou really wanted them to be.

Your forgetting that when paper noise said that if he wants to destroy the island. yes, he can.

And he turn the whole island into mist -_-

The power of the kenjuu are all being hold back because he doesn't want to destroy the island and its surrounding. His actually being mindful of his way of fighting.[/QUOTE]

Wow, he turned the island into mist, what a coincidence that the stab had already activated the familiar that was exactly needed for this predicament, by chance.

Which you seem to forget he only used three familiars, once (I think), each after getting better and drinking blood and he was already tired after just that one attack, how is that ''holding back to not destroy the island''?

[QUOTE=And unlike campione where the knights and magic users are boring where they accept that the campione are the only one who can kill gods and stand against them.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree about Campione, but you have to realize that there are similarities to that LN/Anime and this one also.

[QUOTE=Here in Strike The Blood. No matter how broken you can be or how strong you are. There are ways to bring you down.

Which is why I like it.

The same can be said for Index.

Power levels and broken characters that can win on their own without even a scratch or problems are boring for me -_-[/QUOTE]

Yes and in this anime is Kuujou distracts the enemies and Himeragi attacks them, with the exact same magic, everytime, hell I think she has the same move in almost every fight, jump, say a frase so long it's a wonder she's still in the air still at the end of it and stab, enemy defeated.

I kinda agree on OP character's not my favorite, unless they are done right, which fails most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
It's not a matter of being weak. He simply didn't have the necessary ability to resolve the situation. The main problem is that he's too damn friggin' strong. Although he couldn't have really beaten Astarte without Himeragi breaking the barrier. He could have probably beaten Nalakuvera if he didn't mind destroying the entire island and he was trying really hard not to feed Kanon to Al-Meisa-Mercury, but he lacked the ability to free her.

In the first and second arcs, it didn't really matter which one he summoned. He didn't really need Regulus Aurum specifically to beat Rudolph and any Kenjuu besides Regulus Aurum would have done in the second arc.
To me it's a mess, let me give you an answer using your example, in his fight with Astarte you say he needed Himeragi to destroy the barrier, but didn't he unlock a familiar that can destroy barriers and pretty much anything judging from what we've seen, you know, the third familiar La Folia unlocked, if he had used that there would be no need for Himeragi.

[QUOTE=Index, of course.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Like i've been saying I like this show, but I can't help nitpicking stuff that I know have been done better in other shows/LN than they were here, where they could have been handled a lot better.
Old 2014-02-21, 22:07   Link #1549
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
i just remember....imagine breaker did come in all shape and form in the past as ollerus and othinus have said..cave, sword, etc so a spear is not a scretch

plus they also sorta say the world is made by someone? so othinus is here and made the world?so this Stb world here is one of the previous world? before being made as tamni world
I smell a cross-over, and let's throw in Mahoukaverse a well, Tatsuya and Kuujou need the Touman to put them in their place for being too OP.
Old 2014-02-21, 22:23   Link #1550
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Woohoo! Natsuki-chan is back in business!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeragi
No, Senpai. This is OUR fight.
Goddammit, Himeragi. Just let the bastard fight on his own for once. Geez. This line makes me cringe so much.

Must resist urge to make NT9 comparison. Must resist urge to beat the dead horse....meh. Index did it better.
So, Strike the Blood's world is actually a new phase added to the world of Index. That explains all of the parallels. XP
Old 2014-02-21, 22:38   Link #1551
Freeter
beyond

This show is all kinds of stupid and yet I can't stop grinning like a schoolgirl when I watch it. Even Himeragi's infamous catchphrase has grown on me.

I really hope this gets another season.
Old 2014-02-21, 22:45   Link #1552
BW95
Banned

Quote:
To me it's a mess, let me give you an answer using your example, in his fight with Astarte you say he needed Himeragi to destroy the barrier, but didn't he unlock a familiar that can destroy barriers and pretty much anything judging from what we've seen, you know, the third familiar La Folia unlocked, if he had used that there would be no need for Himeragi.

Thanks.

Like i've been saying I like this show, but I can't help nitpicking stuff that I know have been done better in other shows/LN than they were here, where they could have been handled a lot better.
It's arguable whether #3 could've broken through Sekkarou, but if you're right then this point contradicts you're previous complaint about how Kojou always seems to draw the right Kenjuu as the situation demands.
Old 2014-02-21, 22:50   Link #1553
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
It's arguable whether #3 could've broken through Sekkarou, but id you're right then this point contradicts you're previous complaint since this would then be a prime example of Kojou not bringing out the right kenjuu for the situation.
True it's a contradiction, i'll admit it, but considering that they need something to unlock to stop the pseudo-angel, also I think the author used Regulus to ''showcase how badass his powers are'' sadly i'm not too impressed and I wish I was.

Last edited by Reality_Breaker; 2014-02-21 at 23:04.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 22:56   Link #1554
BW95
Banned

If this ever gets a second season, I seriously hope that it'll get a better budget. These scenes were all sloppy.
Old 2014-02-22, 01:06   Link #1555
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
latest stuff
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-22, 01:50   Link #1556
tsunade666

Quote:

Yes, they keep mentioning he's the most powerful vampire but he doesn't show it, all I ever see is him on the floor not moving and letting the enemies attack almost kill him until someone (i.e. Himeragi ) stops the attack and makes him look weak, every, damn, arc. If he's so strong why not do something, hell evade the attack, that's the minimum of what he has to do, either way he's immortal, so Himeragi ''protecting him'' is kinda dumb.

And yes as much as I want to like Mahouka, Tatsuya is too strong for my taste, he just steam rolls everything and the whole Miyuki thing got tired the first few volumes, Erika is still the best girl in there, imo.
Ah, No. Mayumi is the best girl

As for him looking weak. Well the opponents aren't your standard opponents to begin with and just like I said. He isn't like someone that used to fighting. His a normal high school student thrown into being vampire. I won't say he is normal because his family is a bunch of researchers or at least her mother is... right? but he is not used to fighting.

If you compare him to Himeragi which was brought up from being a child as a weapon by simba.org. Then its like comparing a child to an adult.

Even if Kojou is monstrously strong if he didn't know how to use it properly. Then its useless. It doesn't help that he is not training them or actively trying to learn them.

And back to opponents being strong.

let see.

First arc. An ordinary kid that happens to be 4th progenitor vs the axe wielding believer. He pummel him down with brute strength though the axe wielder is better with his weapon and an armor that gives him divine protection. Astarte has magic eating barrier and magic negating barrier. wow. against him for a first fight sounds bad for him. If you look at the damage done by a wild regulus arum compared to a controlled one. Then you can guess that he can level down the whole field if he let it wild but he is controlling on where to attack it.

Arc two is against a swarm of self regenerating machines that has ability to self update itself with protection from what damage it before.

Arc 3 is against an angel. He ended up tearing the space to actually drag her down into the same plane. And this battle involve different dimensions and more complex magic than what was shown in the anime.

arc 4 is the witch that is apparently a othinus wannabe. She invoke IB on the whole island making other unable to use any form of magic bad enemy type of enemy. Plus she can also place dimensional barrier. Unless you can control space and time. You won't hurt her.

All his opponent are strong on their own. So making him look weak isn't that bad. Specially if you consider that he isn't really someone used to fighting.

Quote:

Wow, he turned the island into mist, what a coincidence that the stab had already activated the familiar that was exactly needed for this predicament, by chance.

Which you seem to forget he only used three familiars, once (I think), each after getting better and drinking blood and he was already tired after just that one attack, how is that ''holding back to not destroy the island''?
He is just lucky or its protagonist plot armor kicking. His kenjuu are activating itself to protect him. Which is not unbelievable if you look at the first arc where when he is in danger. Regulus arum went wild and tried to attack astarte and mr glasses priest.

He is tired because he got stab by sekaro and his maintaning the mist turtle the whole time ON THE WHOLE ISLAND while summoning the dragon to sever all the dimension to finally caught Aya. then summon the stag to go against the recreated inmates and summon the lion to shock the demon.

He summons all the kenjuu while maintaining one all the time.

That is one incredible feat. Because one Kenjuu is already a mass of huge magical energy and he is expelling it all the time with one kenjuu protecting the whole island while fighting against a broken opponent.

And you ask why he is tired?

Quote:
I totally agree about Campione, but you have to realize that there are similarities to that LN/Anime and this one also.
Yes that true -_- like the stupid fan service. In campione we got the kissing and now the biting. Stupid fan service everywhere. There are also other similarities but the same can be said to the others

Yes and in this anime is Kuujou distracts the enemies and Himeragi attacks them, with the exact same magic, everytime, hell I think she has the same move in almost every fight, jump, say a frase so long it's a wonder she's still in the air still at the end of it and stab, enemy defeated.

Like i've been saying I like this show, but I can't help nitpicking stuff that I know have been done better in other shows/LN than they were here, where they could have been handled a lot better.[/QUOTE]

its getting repetitive. I know. I'm also irritated with Kujou and Yukina's catch phrase that this is my fight! No senpai. this is our fight -_- but its catchphrase >_> the same can be said for such misfortune -_-

there are certain faults on the story that we can't help nitpick like me with blatant use of fan service which throws the whole focus out of whack.

But the whole fighting of Kojou with the help of the girls isn't really bad. He is not a fighter to begin with. Plus he is doing everything he can to control it which was said also a lot of times. Like when Sayaka was scolding Kojou on second arc. When they tried to escape the sinking float. Kojou tried to hold back the damage but it literally blast all the floor above them so they can get out.

Holding back the kenjuu is a lot more problem than what you think.

First. The kenjuu did obey him but its power is so immense that its hard to control it. Its like stopping a broken dam with the palm of your hands. He can order it around but he needs all his concentration to direct the place where it only needs to damage or else. Everything will be destroyed.

Plus with the first arc. If Kojou unlocks the dragon instead of the lion then everything is solve..... well suck it up as the plot progression or the authors whim. But like I said. Even if with the lion only. Kojou can forcefully win but there would be casualty.

If Kojou just go and drink some blood like a real vampire he is. He probably won't have much problem on controlling his kenjuu or he already had a whole 12 sets of kenjuu but he isn't.

Like I said. he is just a normal high school student. OR TRYING to be one.
Old 2014-02-22, 07:07   Link #1557
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Goddammit, Himeragi. Just let the bastard fight on his own for once. Geez. This line makes me cringe so much.
I think the last time she didn't say that was the fourth arc. But yeah, it's getting pretty old and annoying... Also, Yukina should have kissed Kojou instead of being angry!

But judging what I've saw on Ep. 19, I guess that guy named Itogami will be the main focus on the next arc.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 09:18   Link #1558
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, me neither. I do have preferences for certain girls, but unless I have a particular point which I dislike about them (mainly behaviour) I am not hostile towards them. It's perfectly possible to be fond of multiple characters while liking one best. I don't need to bash another character for the one I like best to be the best.

Well, this show has multiple references you can misconstruct as sexual. I mean, that entire first part with Kojou, Sayaka and Yuuma was like that. I laughed when Yuuma said that they should begin what Sayaka and Kojou were about to do, only with the three of them this time.
Koko is a terrible character she made me quit the show, lol , but yeah some people will like that Haruhi look-a-like the most. So it's just all opinions, she's just not a "fun" character, a very "by-the-numbers" Tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't think it's sad. This arc brought up an interesting point. What exactly is Himeragi? Is she really human?
mm.... Don't really care at this point, when's the next sexy time with Kirasaka?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 10:25   Link #1559
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Comparing the, arguably, best volume of To aru with an anime adaption that is known for screwing the plot? Yeah, someone just won the award for being fair.

Also, it's pretty obvious that someone is using blatant sophistry in here. Though, I don't know if he is doing it unintentionally, or if he is just trying too hard to troll around.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:53   Link #1560
AceTrigger

Episode 20-23 will probably cover the entire Vol.6. I'm just curious on what they'll do with the last episode?
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires