AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-31, 01:08   Link #1081
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
LOL the audience will be quite low this way... it would have been more logic to do some prequel thingy in Christmas and now starting with the true show.
Who cares about something already seen? Not to mention you can see whenever you like just by downloading it from Internet?
I don't know. It just feels right to start things off that way to me. Most American TV shows do that when they are in need of serious catch-up. I do share the discontent that we're basically waiting another week.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 13:25   Link #1082
ipernorris

Anyway I asked some pages ago if that monster thing is a "mobile armor" or an organic being, can someone answer please?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 14:03   Link #1083
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
LOL the audience will be quite low this way... it would have been more logic to do some prequel thingy in Christmas and now starting with the true show.
Who cares about something already seen? Not to mention you can see whenever you like just by downloading it from Internet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't know. It just feels right to start things off that way to me. Most American TV shows do that when they are in need of serious catch-up. I do share the discontent that we're basically waiting another week.
Besides, it won't be the same footage. That's why the preview was labeled as "director's cut".
Old 2008-03-31, 14:54   Link #1084
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Am I the only one looking forward to spotting the differences?
korrrrraaaaa! you trying to pick a fight?! eeehh??!!

six times? pffft.

talk to me when you get to the double digits, bouzo.

Quote:
Anyway I asked some pages ago if that monster thing is a "mobile armor" or an organic being, can someone answer please?

It's neither, it's a digital being that has invade this reality, oh snap! its the ANTI-SPIRAL!!!!

*put shades on/cross armed Valkyrie shadow behind a UN SPACY Flag*

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO??!!!?! - which is what i want to say.

The answer is we don't know.

could be a cyborg, a fusion of biological and machine. It could be a exoskeleton suit for a creature like that, it could be a piloted mecha with a weak pilot creature, it could be just a robot.

We don't know.

the only clue we have right now, is that it looks like it mimics some sort of biological creature, and that some of it's weapons such as the missile decoy pods look organic in nature.
Old 2008-03-31, 20:42   Link #1085
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hey, Kaoishin, thanks for the suggestion. I watched the preview of the first ep (maybe the real broadcast version will be a little different) and liked it. The fighting isn't my thing, but it seemed pretty well done, with some good animation.

And there were some possible relationsips happening. Endou Aya's character (Sheryl) was striking; Aya did a nice job with her. And the same for Lanka (Ranka?), the young girl: I thought she was an interesting combination of forward and shy, and I thought the young seiyuu (Nakajima Megumi, 18) debuting with the role was strong. I liked the way Alto's character was portrayed, too, mostly thanks to the script and animation, but also thanks to Nakamura Yuuichi (Tomoya in Clannad).

Anyway, here are links to Nakajima Megumi's website and blog, and here is a photo (left):

Just for good measure, here is a link to Endou Aya's blog, and her photo is in the middle above. She's 28, and after getting her big break as Miyuki in Lucky Star, this year she has three starring roles: this one, Lena in My-Otome 0~S.ifr~, and Angie in the new Angelique series. (She was also Imari in Inukami, Rukina in Kiss Dum, and Kinue Crossroad in Gundam00).

And I've added a photo of Nakamura Yuuichi. He was Abe in Ookiku Furikabutte, and Graham Aker in Gundam00, as well as Tomoya. He's also 28. Here are his website, and his agency site.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:50   Link #1086
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Am I the only one looking forward to spotting the differences? Heck I've seen the first episode 6 times already why not one more time!
Hopefully they won't be that obvious, even after six viewings.
Old 2008-03-31, 21:09   Link #1087
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hopefully they won't be that obvious, even after six viewings.
Well we will see, this will be the first MF analysis of the Director's skill.

While I hope to see some new scenes, im quite confident that we won't see too much difference in the interpretation of the action.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2008-03-31 at 21:20.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 00:19   Link #1088
Westlo
Lets be reality

I would be over double digits if the second half wasn't so much better than the first... I've seen the second half of episode 1 about 20 times Onizuka
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:37   Link #1089
diablo12

second insert song "What's about my star" 1 min sample came out few days ago, I love it very much. Do anybody know "starring May'n" refer to who? The girl play the music part of Sheryl Nome?
diablo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 11:02   Link #1090
Westlo
Lets be reality

May'n is the Japanese j pop singer they have hired to do all the Sheryl tracks and yeah I really like that 1 min sample of "What's about my star".

Btw Macross Frontier OST 1 dated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.gabrielarobin.com
The Macross Frontier OST 1 entitled “Frontier NOW” is now available for preorders through Amazon Japan.

Details:
Release Date: June 4, 2008
Price: Y3045 (approx. 30.52 USD)
Lanca Lee instead of Ranka Lee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.gabrielarobin.com
By the way, as an aside, Ranka Lee’s name is officially romanized as “Lanca Lee”. This information comes from Tokyo Anime Fair t-shirts with English text on them.
And the cover for the Diamond Crevasse/Don’t Be Late CD Single

New avatar time!
Old 2008-04-01, 12:30   Link #1091
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Brilliant news about the first OST release --- it's always good news when the soundtrack information appears before the airing of the first episode. Just have to wait for it to appear on CDjapan before i can preorder.

Gotta wonder what the first press gift will be.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:35   Link #1092
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Excellent news about the OST.

Sheryl is looking rather delicious as well, the nails are quite diva-ish.
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 15:39   Link #1093
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

sheryl reminds me of that blonde singer from Macross 7, you know the other Galaxy Network star?

forgot her name....
Old 2008-04-02, 01:31   Link #1094
Westlo
Lets be reality

Correct me if I'm wrong (with a link to it!) but there hasn't been a leak of Diamond Crevasse yet right? Guess this is what I'm looking forward to the most tomorrow!
Old 2008-04-02, 20:57   Link #1095
orion

Did TBS show episode 1 a day ahead of schedule?
Old 2008-04-02, 21:25   Link #1096
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I don't think so. It might be someone grabbing the Deculture Edition of Ep 1 and putting it out.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 21:41   Link #1097
orion

Yeah, it does say "Deculture edition" at the end after I played it.
Old 2008-04-03, 00:01   Link #1098
Dandruff
Flakey

Wow, I really loved the pilot, couldn't take my eyes off the eye candy visuals. Felt like such a nerd for catching the all references to the past Macross tv series and the OVAS/movies, but it was all sweeeet. Lookin' forward for more which will be quite soon, haha.

Just a little something I noticed, don't know if it was already mentioned in this thread but whatever xP

Spoiler:

Destination Satelight, haha.
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 00:08   Link #1099
harmonious

Do I need to watch the previous Macross series to understand Frontier?
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 00:30   Link #1100
Westlo
Lets be reality

No you do not.

Tags
action, romance