AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-01, 19:55   Link #1
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Um...Magical girl games?

Hii....I haven't been in this forum for a pretty long time, but I bet no one noticed...hehe

So, here's a weird topic: magical girl (video) games. Is there such thing? I've just heard of Final Fantasy X-2, and the MKR RPG, but pretty much, nothing else. So, anyone have anything? Hehe, thankss....see you!!
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 03:04   Link #2
Alcy
Left! Right! Seven! Cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Hii....I haven't been in this forum for a pretty long time, but I bet no one noticed...hehe

So, here's a weird topic: magical girl (video) games. Is there such thing? I've just heard of Final Fantasy X-2, and the MKR RPG, but pretty much, nothing else. So, anyone have anything? Hehe, thankss....see you!!
There are a lot of them...

-Mahou no Princess Minky Momo (FC)
-MKR (there were a ton of games in the series-SNES, Saturn, two GB and two GG, all were different games)
-Sailor Moon (too many to count, most were really good though...I can think of offhand a multitude of SFC games, an arcade cabinet, a Game Gear game, a Saturn game...)
-Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, 3 GBA games (two DDR-style, one party game...the DDR style ones are really addicting)

I'm sure there are more than that, but it's late and I can't think very well...
Alcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 03:49   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Magical Twirler Angel Rabbie is *technically* a mahou shoujo *game*. It's a spinoff of Angelic Serenade and eventually spawned a spinoff OVA. There's really nothing much to do in the game though. It essentially consists of you reading a short story, like a fairy tale and for each short story, you'll have a baton-twirling sequence where you have to twirl correctly to pass onto the next part of the story. Quite boring, but cute nonetheless.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 19:35   Link #4
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Thanks! but, do you by any chance know of any that are in America? I know MKR and Rabbie are in/will be in the US, but is there by any chance, anything other than that in the US? I dunno...anything...hehe...thanks
Old 2004-11-02, 20:38   Link #5
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

I think Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for the PS1 could fit the description. I only saw it briefly at a cousins place, so I don't know what the overall goal of the game is. I seem to remember some singing and stuff, and I think you could choose between hearing the singing in English or the original Japanese... Maybe. I can't remember well anymore. It seemed to have some kind of magic in it, at the main character was a girl.

Well, it seemed more mahou shoujo than FFX-2 does, at least.
Old 2004-11-02, 20:50   Link #6
Alcy

US, probably not many. After all, most games in the US are aimed at a male audience.

By the way, only one of the MKR games was given a US release (Saturn), but the translation was heavily edited (they tried to make it appeal to an older audience than it was originally targetted to). I was so glad I found a list of all the things they changed after I got my Saturn-I bought the import version instead. I've played all of the MKR games so far except for the Saturn one, since it's not here yet.

Also, there is an unofficial English translation of the SFC/SNES MKR RPG (as well as the SFC/SNES Sailor Moon RPG, and many others), if you're interested.
Old 2004-11-03, 03:25   Link #7
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
I think Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for the PS1 could fit the description. I only saw it briefly at a cousins place, so I don't know what the overall goal of the game is. I seem to remember some singing and stuff, and I think you could choose between hearing the singing in English or the original Japanese... Maybe. I can't remember well anymore. It seemed to have some kind of magic in it, at the main character was a girl.

Well, it seemed more mahou shoujo than FFX-2 does, at least.
Rhapsody is cute, about a girl who uses her magic trumpet to control puppets and dolls into doing the actual fighting. She can also summon giant desserts with which to attack her opponents. It was part of a series of strategy games in Japan known as Marl's Kingdom, which eventually spawned La Pucelle, Disgaia, and Phantom Brave.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 12:49   Link #8
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Cool! Though Rhapsody is pretty hard to find, I'll still try my best to get my hands on it, and on a Playstation at that...hehe. Well, does anyone know any for the Nintendo systems, like Gamecube or GBA? thanks....I just say that too much...
Old 2004-11-08, 01:45   Link #9
Alcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Cool! Though Rhapsody is pretty hard to find, I'll still try my best to get my hands on it, and on a Playstation at that...hehe. Well, does anyone know any for the Nintendo systems, like Gamecube or GBA? thanks....I just say that too much...
Just the Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch series, which I mentioned before (GBA). They're imports only, but GBA has no regional lockout. It's also possible, since the series was licensed, that the games may be someday, too.
Old 2004-11-26, 12:10   Link #10
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Hmm....thanks...but, are there any other things for any Nintendo systems? Released in America, specifically. Please respond soon....someone, I'm pretty desperate, actually. Heh... Thanks. Oh, and, Happy Thanksgiving, I guess. I'm so weird.......
Old 2004-11-30, 19:39   Link #11
jeferino

yo i beat that game already in 3 weeks.I had a good plot so you should get it it is pretty trust me and it actualyy ends not lie the other ones.Get cheats if you want from mofunzone.com.
jeferino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 19:39   Link #12
Aquillion

Another game that might fit that description is Madou Monogatari, an old SNES game with a translation patch available from AGTP. It's a sort of RPG where you play as Arle, the (sort of) main character from the Puyo-Puyo games, who in this game is just about to graduate from Kindergarden at the magic school. However, before she can graduate she needs a 'final exam ticket', and she can't find one anywhere! So she decides to collect these mystical gems that will grant you any wish, and use her wish to get a ticket to the final exam.

...yeah. It's a kind of wierd game, but it's very funny.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 03:20   Link #13
hooliganj
Team Player

Why doesn't she just wish that she's already passed the test? Silly Magical Girls.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote