AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-06, 13:58   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Death Note - Requests for new threads

Since the Death Note forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Death Note thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2006-10-06, 14:18   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

How 'bout we put a request thread for avies and siggies? You know, for people who want one?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-08, 09:34   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

//nevermind

Last edited by felix; 2006-10-08 at 10:59.
Old 2006-10-11, 08:46   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How about a "Death Note" thread...
A thread were people would post victims and humoros ways of death...

Ex: "George Bush, death by killer terorist lolis"
Old 2006-10-11, 08:53   Link #5
Shay
Monarch Programmer

deleted....V

Last edited by Shay; 2006-10-14 at 10:36.
Old 2006-10-17, 16:19   Link #6
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I wouldnt mind seeing a poll asking if any of us found the death note and knew what it could do would we use it
Old 2006-10-19, 15:33   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing a poll asking if any of us found the death note and knew what it could do would we use it
I wouldn't mind either

However, most likely, the Mods won't allow such a poll because :
  1. It's a 1 line generator ("I voted yes.." "I voted no..")
  2. Judging from the "reaction" from my suggestion above, the possible reasoning behind votes is likely to be situated in a "gray zone".
Old 2006-10-19, 16:13   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
However, most likely, the Mods won't allow such a poll because :
  1. It's a 1 line generator ("I voted yes.." "I voted no..")
That's about the reason plus the fact it wouldn't exactly generate serious suggestions or discussion.
Old 2006-10-20, 15:30   Link #9
breed

I only watched the anime so far (ep. 3) and thought about an interesting aspect: Since you can write down times, you can write dates as well, right? why doesnt Light write his own name and let the death be on his 111th birthday cause of sugar-shock or something? then the shinigami-eye-trade-thingy wouldnt be a thread anymore, right? or if the timespan would be halfed just say 200th birthday... even then he has enough time to live. and he can be assured, that he wont get the death-sentence, since he allready knows how he dies. any failures in this thought? discuss!

(can you guys please make my own thread with this? thx)
Old 2006-10-20, 23:34   Link #10
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
I only watched the anime so far (ep. 3) and thought about an interesting aspect: Since you can write down times, you can write dates as well, right? why doesnt Light write his own name and let the death be on his 111th birthday cause of sugar-shock or something? then the shinigami-eye-trade-thingy wouldnt be a thread anymore, right? or if the timespan would be halfed just say 200th birthday... even then he has enough time to live. and he can be assured, that he wont get the death-sentence, since he allready knows how he dies. any failures in this thought? discuss!

(can you guys please make my own thread with this? thx)
If you read the Q&A thread or at least the first volume of the manga, you should be able to see why something like this wouldn't really be possible...
Old 2006-10-20, 23:50   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, merely understanding the nature of the shinigami eyes proves that it isn't possible. I haven't seen episode 3 yet and I don't remember how much is told how quickly, so in case something about the shinigami's eyes wasn't revealed in episode 3, I'm putting the reason in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:

And anyway, there really isn't enough to discuss about it, to be worth an entire thread of discussion.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-21, 00:11   Link #12
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Actually, merely understanding the nature of the shinigami eyes proves that it isn't possible. I haven't seen episode 3 yet and I don't remember how much is told how quickly, so in case something about the shinigami's eyes wasn't revealed in episode 3, I'm putting the reason in a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:

And anyway, there really isn't enough to discuss about it, to be worth an entire thread of discussion.
Bah, a pox (in the nicest way of course ) on you NSW! I had thought out a much longer response than that...but you summed it up well just using the point about the Shinigami eyes. There's another side to this which further debunks it, but since it probably won't be revealed until episode 4, I won't mention it.
Old 2006-10-30, 13:22   Link #13
ThisIsDream

Hi admin, please make a thread call " There are no Good or evil, Right or wrong in Death Note" or something like that. Then I will post my opinion in that forum .

Thank you.
Old 2006-10-30, 23:16   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually I've been thinking about the need for a thread like this. I'll go ahead and create that thread already. I'm just a little worried about the possibility of this thread bursting into flame.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-03, 22:56   Link #15
ThisIsDream

Yo NoSanninWa, thx for making such a post ^^. u see even in episode thread or manga thread. People are talking about moral issue, so such a thread is a "neeD".

Just a suggestion, I want a thread discuss about the author

小畑健 - who draw the manga

大場鶇- Also a manga and also he is the original author who create this Death note's story, but no one know his real "identity" Which I found quite interesting. L was a character which base on himself. And many rumors...
Old 2006-11-13, 10:08   Link #16
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
I saw this on another forum, but it called for a lot of interesting convo.

The thread was a debating the philosophies of both Light and L, about whether or not criminals should be killed? Who's philosphy was right?

It's another morals thread, but I think that it might bring up a good debate among the posters.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:21   Link #17
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki View Post
The thread was a debating the philosophies of both Light and L, about whether or not criminals should be killed? Who's philosphy was right?
What's wrong with raising this topic in the existing Moral thread?
Old 2006-11-14, 00:43   Link #18
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
What's wrong with raising this topic in the existing Moral thread?
I guess that it's no big deal. We can just have ONE thread that would deal with all that that will end up spanning over 20+ pages once we get deeper into the series. Then the topic would just, eventually get lost, since new people into the dicussion will just glaze over it eventually.

Just thought I suggest a thread.
Old 2006-11-15, 11:09   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Is it alright to have a thread for manga readers to talk about the anime.. as in future plot, and next episode talk? It could be labeled with a huge spoiler if you want. If its not allowed - then i understand.
Old 2006-11-15, 11:28   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Is it alright to have a thread for manga readers to talk about the anime.. as in future plot, and next episode talk? It could be labeled with a huge spoiler if you want. If its not allowed - then i understand.
Do you mean something along the lines of the speculation and theories threads we have in the Kanon forum?

If you are not familiar with this, we have two threads in the Kanon forum
Kanon - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Kanonites only)
This thread is for those who have seen the first Kanon series and / or have played the game. Unmarked spoilers for the new series are allowed based on the earlier 2002 series and the game.
Kanon - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers)
This thread is for first time Kanon viewers, so it should be spoiler free.
I take it you are asking for a Death Note Spoilers & Speculation thread for those who have read the manga and want to discuss how the anime may or may not follow the manga along with personal theories and such like. Clearly not for the anime-only viewers since it would contain unmarked spoilers.

And if required, we could have a separate Death Note Speculation & Theories thread for the anime-only viewers where no spoilers are allowed.
Closed Thread