AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 20:33   Link #381
Marion
The Great Dine

I want to say: 'he didn't know, he just had a feeling' but I could be completely off.
Old 2009-07-06, 20:39   Link #382
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What Rudolf said is not necessarily to be interpreteted literally. Kyrie for example doesn't seem to think Rudolf is actually expecting to die. Since a while ago he was talking about a family talk, it is possible that that "killed" was a figurative way to say "I'm going to attract a lot of hate for the things I'm going to say".

Of course it is also possible that Rudolf knew the murders will start, but considering the whole situation imho it's kinda unrealistic that he would state that in such way. If he really was expecting to die, if he really was expecting the serial murder, then wouldn't he start the family talk before it was too late?

Old 2009-07-06, 20:54   Link #383
Magicberyl

Also, i'm pretty sure that
Spoiler for This suspicious room:
Old 2009-07-06, 21:46   Link #384
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I don't think putting Episode 4 spoilers in here (even if tagged) is proper.
Old 2009-07-06, 22:04   Link #385
Marion
The Great Dine

This is the EP 1 thread, that means you only talk about EP 1 :V If you want to discuss that I'm pretty sure you need to take it to the EP 4 thread~
Old 2009-07-06, 22:33   Link #386
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Well he asked an open ended question and I tagged it as episode 4 spoilers, made it clear it was speculation, but I'll go ahead and delete it.
Old 2009-07-09, 21:13   Link #387
Tomoya-kun
Live the life you love
*Author

Ok, from what I know so far, I think I have a....somewhat decent theory.

Spoiler for theory:

Just some thoughts.

Little Busters!
Old 2009-07-13, 17:32   Link #388
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Uhm. Hi guys. I've been a lurker for about a year now, but I've (I think anyway!) just finished EP1 and wanted to talk and ask questions, so I figured I'd sign up and be brave, heh.

It was really great - I really enjoyed it. Especially toward the end.
However, would it be alright for me to ask a question?
How do I know that the game is truly finished? I don't want to state where I'm up to in case of spoilers...so if someone is willing to answer my question, please let me know! (I'd like to know so I can start hunting where to get EP2 from if I have - I'm hooked, haha. XD)
Old 2009-07-13, 17:44   Link #389
unconfirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii Kei View Post
Uhm. Hi guys. I've been a lurker for about a year now, but I've (I think anyway!) just finished EP1 and wanted to talk and ask questions, so I figured I'd sign up and be brave, heh.

It was really great - I really enjoyed it. Especially toward the end.
However, would it be alright for me to ask a question?
How do I know that the game is truly finished? I don't want to state where I'm up to in case of spoilers...so if someone is willing to answer my question, please let me know! (I'd like to know so I can start hunting where to get EP2 from if I have - I'm hooked, haha. XD)
You know you're done with Ep 1 when the background picture in the starting menu changes and Ep 2 is unlocked.
Old 2009-07-14, 06:44   Link #390
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconfirmed View Post
You know you're done with Ep 1 when the background picture in the starting menu changes and Ep 2 is unlocked.
The background picture has changed into a sunset image, but I don't see EP2 unlocked...

Spoiler for Just being careful....:
Old 2009-07-14, 06:58   Link #391
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii Kei View Post
The background picture has changed into a sunset image, but I don't see EP2 unlocked...

Spoiler for Just being careful....:
Spoiler for post Episode 1:
Old 2009-07-14, 07:33   Link #392
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Spoiler for post Episode 1:
Oh..I see. ;___;'' It looks as though I'll have to hunt down EP2, then.
Thank you very much for helping me out!
Old 2009-07-14, 07:51   Link #393
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I suggest getting EP4 since it contains all episodes released so far.
Old 2009-07-14, 08:07   Link #394
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I suggest getting EP4 since it contains all episodes released so far.
Ah...? I can't afford it just yet, though. xD And the places I've been are showing it's mostly out of stock for now.
I guess I'll just have to wait. ;___;'
Old 2009-07-14, 09:31   Link #395
June 1983

I just bought it from HimeyaShop recently, it's in stock there. Their shipping is expensive, though. http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...ducts_id/11978

It's going to be really hard to just find Episode 2 because I think most places will say it's discontinued.
Old 2009-07-14, 10:08   Link #396
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Mm, that's where I was looking from getting it from. I did have a look round for EP 2 and 3 seperately but its like you said - most places didn't sell them anymore. Oh well... I'm big fan of this series - as well as Higurashi, so I don't mind waiting and saving my money up a bit until I can afford it. :3
Old 2009-07-14, 10:41   Link #397
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You don't need 2 and 3 separately, every episode contains also the previous ones, so if you buy ep.4 you will have all the episodes released thus far.

Old 2009-07-14, 12:31   Link #398
ferthepoet

Hey just finished episode 1 last night but havenīt gone through the tea parties yet, but I have some thoughts to share

Am I the only one who is bugged by some of the things of option the characters failed to consider

For example they keep referring to the a human culprit within the 18 or a 19th person who should be the witch and just sometimes consider the possiblity of a 19th human person involved... however they failed to consider other options such as a witch within the 18 or one of the 18 working along an accomplice being this the 19th person.

They think a ltoa bout closed rooms but they failed to consider the possiblity of the assasin being there before the lock.... specially in the case of Eva and Hideyoshi, it is very possible that the culprit put the chain in the door after he came in and maybe found a place to hide (closet, under the bed, ect) when they were checking the room then left afterwards.....

Also they failed to poder the chance that one of the servantas who were not supposed to be on duty managed to get somehow in the island.... since they would not the mansion so well they are able to go through the mansion undetected, this is possible if the boat captain is in cahoots with then
Old 2009-07-14, 14:36   Link #399
ferthepoet

I think it is important to analyze who are the characters thar are POV during the first chapter vs. those who arenīt, altough, Iīm not saying the culprit has necessarily need to be one of the Non POV characters, I guess its a fair assumption that at least some of the Non Pov characters are those that know too much for the writer to let us inside their mind for episode 1 we have:

POV characters:

Nanjo
Battler
George
Shannon
Natsuhi
Eva
Kanon
Rosa

Non Pov characters:

Maria
Jessica