AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-13, 23:17   Link #881
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

On Dark Matter

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailEmperor View Post
Back at England, the civic conflict was resolved/over, right? Touma wouldn't be going to Russia if that wasn't the case. And what of New Light? Lessar supposedly survived, but what about Floris?

And Vent, conflict within God's Right Seat? She went to go protect Sasha or something? Then she's against Fiamma.
Yeah, England arc is completly finished, but we have no idea who'll be siding with Touma in his trip to Russia.

As for Vent, she did approach Sasha on her own, but it is too early to tell what is her motive.

Quote:
Just wondering, which side do you prefer, shmaster? Between magic and science, I mean. And in your opinion, which side are the advantage/upper hand if magic and science clashed on a full scale? Eiwas may be a higher existence than Huze=Kazakiri as an artificial Angel, but the magic side still have Saints, Power of God and angels of their own, don't they?
Personally, I like science side a lot more. The action is a lot more tense on that side. And if the two side is going ot have their war now right at this point. Neither side would win, as both side lack the killer hand to defeat each other. Magic side cannot do anything to Huze=Kazakiri, the artificial angel just neutralize all magic what so ever. But she cannot leave the Academy City, which means she can't attack the magcians directly. Fianma's Holy Right, being something comparable to Imagine Breaker might be able to make difference, but it is so incomplete right now to matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and lastly I hope frog face will do something with mugino. Her looks are definitely bad news. Bring back the old mugino!!!!!! and also I didn't expect hamatsura to trigger a flag with a level 5. Does this mean level 0 attract level 5?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-13, 23:32   Link #882
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
That is an understatement.

Spoiler:
damn, I can't even imagine what accelerator did to him. He must have enjoyed every last bit of it

Quote:
Accelerator is just messed up. Even he redeemed himself with LO. His way of doing things is just plain old sicko. I would gladly face touma's superman fist than some wacko accelerato
I was worried that accelerator would 'soften up' after meeting with LO. Oh boy he proved me wrong, First those hound guys and now Kakine. Next Fianma? I kinda doubt that...

Quote:
Alister actually use the "dark leagcy" from Heaven Canceller to bring Mugino and Dark Matter back. Hints at Heaven Canceller was an immoral physican once?
So Mugino and Kakine are basically dead, but then brought back by Alister?

And about Accelerators Crutch modification. Is really some sort of cannon?
Old 2009-11-14, 01:12   Link #883
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
So Mugino and Kakine are basically dead, but then brought back by Alister?

And about Accelerators Crutch modification. Is really some sort of cannon?
Mugino might still be alive when Alister retrived her, but Kakine... yeah....

As for the crutch....
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-14, 06:49   Link #884
tsunade666

so we got a psychopath combined with 007. What agent psycho?

and I think mugino is still alive. Being yandere to a certain lvl 0. And help him leave the academy city. Its impossible to do if she is dead and doesn't have any emotions anymore. So she's most likely alive but her looks still are ugly. She would sell well for Halloween.
Old 2009-11-14, 07:57   Link #885
LastResolve

so darkmatter abillity is similiar to FMA's alchemy he can change materials into something with equal valuable thats good and confusing xD
Old 2009-11-14, 08:06   Link #886
Plant42

For the origin of Aiwass.
He's a celestial being that was mentioned in Liber Legis(aka The Book of the Law) wrote by the real world Aleister Crowley in 1904(and of course both the book and Crowley himself were in the novel).

As for the thing about Horus and Osiris that he mention.
It was mentioned in The Book of the Law that history is broken down into a series of Aeons, each with its own dominant concept of divinity and its own "formula" of redemption and advancement. According to author and occultist Aleister Crowley, the founder of the religious philosophy of Thelema, the last three Aeons have been (1) the Aeon of Isis, (2) the Aeon of Osiris, and (3) the current Aeon of Horus which began in 1904 with the writing of Liber AL vel Legis .

Judging from what Aiwass said in the novel we can assume that
Aeon of Horus - Aiwass
Aeon of Osiris - Accelerator
Aeon of Isis - Kagine
Old 2009-11-14, 08:33   Link #887
tsunade666

so what's aiwass? a esper because the 2 are espers. and what his the number 0? accelertaor 1 and kakine 2?

and where did you learn this? mr google or the novel itself tells the story behind it?

Though its still confusing even with that explanation. I mean what's the connection between them? and why compare? are they related in some ways?
Old 2009-11-14, 08:44   Link #888
Plant42

Quote:
so what's aiwass? a esper because the 2 are espers. and what his the number 0? accelertaor 1 and kakine 2?

and where did you learn this? mr google or the novel itself tells the story behind it?

Though its still confusing even with that explanation. I mean what's the connection between them? and why compare? are they related in some ways?
In fact both Kagine and Accelerator's power are the special kind that can't be assorted as any type of esper power unlike the other level 5(especailly Accel's pair of black wings), so there must be something special and that's why both of them were necessary for Aleister's plan.

For Aiwass's origin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiwass
Old 2009-11-14, 13:10   Link #889
LastResolve

Quote:
(especailly Accel's pair of black wings)
lool new attack that hasnt been shown in anime/manga? plx tell me about it xD
Old 2009-11-14, 17:20   Link #890
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Aiwass in real life is Alister Crowley's guardian angel, messanger of Baal (who is the brother of Ra) according to Thelema cult. Plant42's link has better details.

Eiwas in the novel... we are still not sure. He requires Huze=Kazakiri and the AIM field to exist, but unlike Huze=Kazakiri, he is not a beig originated from AIM, but merely use AIM to enter this world. But Aiwass cannot be a being from magic side either as the alien world of magic cannot enter the alien would of AIM. So yeah, we areally have no idea on what he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
For the origin of Aiwass.
He's a celestial being that was mentioned in Liber Legis(aka The Book of the Law) wrote by the real world Aleister Crowley in 1904(and of course both the book and Crowley himself were in the novel).
Assuming the author is indeed writing the story according to the real Liber AL vel Legis, I think it is safe to assume it is Eiwas' idea to destroy Christinaity? Crowley in real life claimed that he wrote Book of Law through the oracle of Aiwass, in other words that Aiwass is the real author of the book. If we copy and paste that into the novel, perhaps it is Eiwas who is the one that wants Christinaity gone. Could the true purpose of the plan is to remove the Christian god so Ra can enter the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
so darkmatter abillity is similiar to FMA's alchemy he can change materials into something with equal valuable thats good and confusing xD
No, FMA alchemy does not overwrite the law of nature, and Dark Matter can create as well not just exchange (nor does what he ecxchnages have to be equal value).

And Accelerator's Black Wing is the awkened form of his power when he directly donwload the function of AIM Field into himself.
Spoiler:

Wait, if we go by the above logic...
Aeon of Horus=Actual angels and gods (Eiwas, Huze=Kazakiri, Gabriel)
Aeon of Osiris=Who are on their way to become angels and gods (Accelerator, Fianma, Oleyrus, probably Touma?)
Aeon of Isis=Those who have power that resembles angel and gods (Lv.5s, Saints)
Old 2009-11-14, 20:18   Link #891
sasuke706

You're being rather helpful, shmaster. Quick question myself pertaining to volume 19:

Spoiler for Saiai:

Last edited by sasuke706; 2009-11-14 at 21:56.
Old 2009-11-14, 21:18   Link #892
Used Can

I'd like to know about those pics as well. Hell, now that's one daring lady.

Anyway, was the whole issue about Index going Demi-god ever brought up again, or did it die after Stiyl mentioned that? Now that you guys are bringing god-level beings into discussion, I just remembered that. But, all the same, Index never seems to get any big role.
Old 2009-11-14, 21:56   Link #893
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Wait, if we go by the above logic...

Aeon of Osiris=Who are on their way to become angels and gods (Accelerator, Fianma, Oleyrus, probably Touma?)
What if... we change a thing....

La persona superiore a Dio(The person higher than God, like you said a time ago). Maybe Kamijo Touma?? or the Deus-ex-machina-boy Hamazura Shiage??
Aeon of Osiris=Who are on their way to become angels and gods (Accelerator, Fianma, Oleyrus)

Yeah... when I think about that tittle makes me wonder a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
You're being rather helpful, shmaster. Quick question myself pertaining to volume 19:

Spoiler for Saiai:
Saia flashing Shiage and next Saia being save by Accelerator???? I wonder who Saia is going to have a crush, Shiage making a harem for him?? or.... eh.... I don't know how to say it... Accelerator!!!!?????? That would be interesting both of them have some resemblances between their powers
Where did you got those scans :3???? Do you have the others???

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-11-14 at 22:35.
Old 2009-11-14, 21:59   Link #894
BlueDo

It hit me slow, but I'm kinda surprised at Mugino.
Why she didn't get her eye and shoulder treated is beyond me.
Old 2009-11-14, 23:02   Link #895
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Saia flashing Shiage and next Saia being save by Accelerator???? I wonder who Saia is going to have a crush, Shiage making a harem for him?? or.... eh.... I don't know how to say it... Accelerator!!!!?????? That would be interesting both of them have some resemblances between their powers
Where did you got those scans :3???? Do you have the others???
Accelerator? Don't see him.

Scans from an Image Board, have one other:
Spoiler for Bunny Girl:

Spoiler for Hamazura "harem":

Last edited by sasuke706; 2009-11-14 at 23:14.
Old 2009-11-14, 23:15   Link #896
Miraluka
Banned

Looks like that is the favorite pose of Shiage .... he likes the dojikos huh??
Old 2009-11-15, 00:43   Link #897
tsunade666

who is shiage?

With all the god class here. Its just keep hitting my head that touma will just punch their faces.

And I don't still get what's aiwass goal or what so ever. The relationships of Egyptian gods in the story. Pertaining that they are the enemy of Christianity. I was reading the link that's been given but horus,isis and osiris all died out after the start of Christianity. They are just been forgotten and left scribbled on the walls . And if the enemy is the magicians which ask for the guidance of gods. I still don't get it. I mean those 3 are also gods. It will be good if the enemy is just pertaining to Christianity as the main enemy and main target of Crowley............ PRETTY messed up in my brain.

And I've been noticing it but why was kazakiri = huze? whats a huze?

And I could say that saints and lvl 5's only rivals the angels but not the gods. Maybe if they are lvl 6's. And who's this gabriel? I know a archangel gaby but who's this gaby? another angel?

I'm trying to find scans for vol 19 on the net. But no luck yet. Mostly are fake and its hard to locate one that's right.

Who's the girl that's flashing all of her treasure in front of that lvl 0? AND Rikou................. I've got to admit. She is VERY brave girl. In the picture of volume 15. They only show the upper level of the Item members. And in other pictures. Their haven't been a close up picture to even start to notice. That's she the most daring and brave girl I ever saw. I wish we got to see those kinds of girls on one of this days.

and about index being demi god. I think its rather demon lord or something like that. But that's if she wield her john's pen. In john's pen mode she can use magic. In her current state she's just a dead weight of books.

and is it just me but every time I see. Rikou it reminds me of a certain game that I played before...... she reminds me of aeka of YUMEMIRUKUSURI.

And accelerator making a harem.............. or Saia.............. I don't know. He is a big psycho and a lolicon to add it up. And he likes more mature girls both in body and mental terms. But maybe not. He doesn't even mind have girls running naked in the house.

And finally I want to know too. Why was Rikou in the hospital and why was Saia injecting good ideas in her head? a bunny girl......................... first an angel then a fairy. after that on another lvl 0 we got a bunny girl.
Old 2009-11-15, 00:53   Link #898
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Saiai.... I'll just say this.... she actually calculated how short she her dress is and the the angles on where her underwear can and can't be see. This is all done in purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Anyway, was the whole issue about Index going Demi-god ever brought up again, or did it die after Stiyl mentioned that? Now that you guys are bringing god-level beings into discussion, I just remembered that. But, all the same, Index never seems to get any big role.
Well, Index DO have the materials to become the god of magic, but can she actually utilize it is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
La persona superiore a Dio(The person higher than God, like you said a time ago). Maybe Kamijo Touma?? or the Deus-ex-machina-boy Hamazura Shiage??
Aeon of Osiris=Who are on their way to become angels and gods (Accelerator, Fianma, Oleyrus)
I agree with that, but I don't think Touma is there yet. Like Terra said, Imagine Breaker is not at its full power and still recovering. Alister also commented that Imagine Breaker still have room for growth. So I think it is safer to place Touma as an Aeon of Osiris right now. But yeah, 19 volumes already, Touma really should be getting his "grand awakening" like Accelerator did.

And for the Eiwas vs. Accelerator fight
Spoiler:

To Tsunade:

Shiage is Hamatzura. His full name is Hamatzura Shiage.

As for Kazakiri, Huze=Kazakiri is how she's called when she got turned into an Artifical Angel. She is known as Kazakiri Hyuka in her normal state, Huze=Kazakiri in angelic state.

Also, you give Lv.5 and saints too much credits, they most certainly do not "rival" the angels. They might have similiar power, but absolutely cannot match them.

And Gabriel? That's the angel that entered Sasha's body. You can tell by the name "God is my Strength". You can also tell her being Gabriel when she used Shinriku, the god's wraith that purged Sodom and Gomorrah, and in actual biblical lore, Sodom and Gomorrah were purged by Gabriel.

And Rikou is in hospital because she overused her power in vol.15.
And leave Saiai be, she is just like that. But who come up with the idea to pair her up with Accelerator??

Last edited by shmaster; 2009-11-15 at 01:24.
Old 2009-11-15, 01:29   Link #899
tsunade666

Quote:
S
And Rikou is in hospital because she overused her power in vol.15.
And leave Saiai be, she is just like that. But who come up with the idea to pair her up with Accelerator??
The sinner is wilfri he gives the most out of this world idea
I mean just imagine it. Saiai and Accelerator........ not
Old 2009-11-15, 01:34   Link #900
Used Can

So, saints aren't that of a big deal? For some reason, I've always thought they were quite fearsome.

Anyway, I wonder if Accelerator will take an even more active role now. He seems to be getting more and more relevant as the story progresses.

Crowley seems to have most things planned, right? I wonder if Index going out of control is within the scope of his plans. I think it'd be interesting if it's not, but another person has that much planned. I think having a hidden mastermind could be quite a twist (sure, quite clichéd, but I think it could make this story even more interesting). That, and I think giving Index an interesting role for once would be nice.

As for Tōma going to Russia, I hope Kaori and Itsuwa go with him. Both of them put up quite good battles in vol. 17.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen