AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 17:27   Link #6581
UsagiTenpura
Artist

It is not a "when they cry".

Although a "when they cry 5" is not impossible, it doesn't seem to figure in Ryuukishi's plans for now.
If anything, it's probably better both for him and us to be 100% over Umineko before making/reading the next when they cry.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 18:19   Link #6582
TW25

Quote:
It just seems silly making a "When They Cry" series with 2 loosely connected games with similar themes. If there was a third one, perhaps using some characters from both, it might make the series seem more solid as a "whole".
When They Cry is not meant to be a series in that sense. It's more along the lines of "a series of works" rather than a "a series of parts of a whole".
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 18:59   Link #6583
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Come, let us depart. Take the dancing Spider Lily’s hand. Welcome to this cruel yet beautiful world, the world of the spider lilies….
Problem, Beatrice?

Lol, Hiban really sounds like it's said the same was as a ''when they cry'' series, try saying it out loud.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 19:38   Link #6584
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
It just seems silly making a "When They Cry" series with 2 loosely connected games with similar themes. If there was a third one, perhaps using some characters from both, it might make the series seem more solid as a "whole".
Best to think of it like Final Fantasy, same series name, yet are loosely to not connected
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 04:31   Link #6585
ndqanh_vn

Is the artist for the Higanbana still Ryukishi? (Damn he did improve)
I read the manga chapter and...don't quite like it (it feels like it's trying to be as disgusting and "dark" as possible without any sane or sympathetic viewpoint).
Anyways, I think I should start to learn Japanese now...
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 06:58   Link #6586
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni OP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwGtQYdKos

Reminds me of the Higurashi Matsuri and Kizuna openings.

And to ndqanh, the artist is still Ryukishi.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 07:09   Link #6587
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
*o* That was amazing and I definitely agree on it seeming like Higurashi Matsuri/Kizuna! Do we have a name/artist for this song yet?

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 08:21   Link #6588
CrimsonMoonMist

What happened to that Tsubasa translation project that was getting talked about earlier?
was it ever completed? Hate asking something i could search up, but there's kind of a lot of pages in this thread.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 09:48   Link #6589
Acinem
Furudo Erik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
What happened to that Tsubasa translation project that was getting talked about earlier?
was it ever completed? Hate asking something i could search up, but there's kind of a lot of pages in this thread.
there is tsubara translation, all except of 3 tips. It is not done by WH but it is reliable. link sorry.. it is somewhere is this topic but where ...

"Because of love, you end up seeing thing that don't even exist" - Erika Furudo
"Sympathy is evil liquor that proud are most fond of" - Dlanor A. Knox
"I am the cruelest witch in the world and I'll make any opponent of mine surrender without fail" - Frederica Bernkastel
Acinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:05   Link #6590
moldy_tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
Found it with a single Google search.

It's in the page 300
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:56   Link #6591
CrimsonMoonMist

Thanks,
Glad i don't have to look through all those pages.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 21:42   Link #6592
Roseweave

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
Best to think of it like Final Fantasy, same series name, yet are loosely to not connected
That works when there's a whole series of games. I mean, imagine if you had just Final Fantasy 1, and 7 with it's slight Cyberpunkness. It would seem kind of weird wouldn't i? But when you have loads of different games with different ideas, but with common themes, 7 seems more like a "Final Fantasy" game.

You can't do it with just 2 games, it's silly. 2 games isn't enough for common trends to emerge.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 22:07   Link #6593
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
You can't do it with just 2 games, it's silly. 2 games isn't enough for common trends to emerge.
Final Fantasy did it back when it was Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2. It has to start somewhere.
Old 2011-07-10, 03:35   Link #6594
cereal_killerxx

So, 20-30 hours each with 8 arcs in all. So around 160-240 hours to read the whole thing. O_O I'm beginning to wonder if I have the time to read this.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 08:52   Link #6595
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
So, 20-30 hours each with 8 arcs in all. So around 160-240 hours to read the whole thing. O_O I'm beginning to wonder if I have the time to read this.
I think those numbers are a bit exaggerated. I'd be surprised if someone needed more than 120 hours to read the whole thing, even for a non-native Japanese/English speaker. Someone who's reading Umineko in his native language should probably be able to read all eight Episodes in under 100 hours.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 16:30   Link #6596
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
I think those numbers are a bit exaggerated. I'd be surprised if someone needed more than 120 hours to read the whole thing, even for a non-native Japanese/English speaker. Someone who's reading Umineko in his native language should probably be able to read all eight Episodes in under 100 hours.
Yeah, I'm a pretty slow reader, or I'm remembering wrong lol. It's definitely 10~20 hours per episode then?
Old 2011-07-10, 17:29   Link #6597
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Yeah, I see a couple characteristic Google Translate-isms in there. Guess I'll take crack at it.
Cool, thanks for the translation! It makes a lot more sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
I'm confused, is Higanbana a "When they Cry" game?
It's not a WTC game. Ryukishi07 wanted to take a break from the series. This game will be a series of short stories that focus more on horror than mystery, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Don't worry, just read a bit each day and it'll soon fly by… I read an hour each day, and it's fine.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 19:59   Link #6598
UsagiTenpura
Artist

I guess it depends on the type of reading. Think 10 hours or so is what any given arc took me to finish, or less, the first time.

And whenever a WH translation came out some people posted they had just finished it the same day it came out, so it can probably go faster.

Rereading them while taking note of everything, taking various screenshots or copy quote for reference, and constantly stop to try to make sense of what you got so far, can take you probably up to 20-30 hours per arc I guess.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 21:21   Link #6599
cronnoponno

I conveniently had some good free time when I started reading Umineko, usually at about 5 in the afternoon when I get off work, I read Umineko till about 12?(REALLY ADDICTED TO IT), I read about 1 episode a day, including the tea party and the ???'s.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 22:43   Link #6600
Roseweave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post
Yeah, I'm a pretty slow reader, or I'm remembering wrong lol. It's definitely 10~20 hours per episode then?
No way would it take 20 hours to read an episode, even for a slower reader. I'm pretty sure you could clear one in 6 if you were reading quickly.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation