AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-05-22, 15:12   Link #4221
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Both teams were even. Valerie was out and Rias was helpless. Strada was left alone facing Fenrir and Gogmegog. It's true that Gogmegog alone is no match for Strada but teamed up with Fenrir would've made a huge difference. Gogmegog was hit with a missed attack because he didn't see it coming as he was too busy repairing himself. However Gogmegog was fully repaired and on guard. Gogmegog and Fenrir would've overwhelmed Strada. In fact Fenrir by himself would've given Strada a hard time.

So think of it this way. You have Strada by himself fighting 80% Fenrir and Gogmegog with an exhausted Rias behind him that couldn't even move. Strada fighting both Fenrir and Gogmegog while at the same time protecting Rias would put Strada in a dire situation. With Strada gone Fenrir could sweep the rest of Rias team.

@Darksider555 Koneko was way on the other side of the field and didn't know Rias dire situation and even if she did it would've taken her a while to get there.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:19   Link #4222
TheWu8128
Hero In Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Space
It would have been Strada and Gasper it never said he couldn't still fight. Also Strada took out Gog pretty easily I don't see that changing even if he on guard.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:21   Link #4223
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Both teams were even. Valerie was out and Rias was helpless. Strada was left alone facing Fenrir and Gogmegog. It's true that Gogmegog alone is no match for Strada but teamed up with Fenrir would've made a huge difference. Gogmegog was hit with a missed attack because he didn't see it coming as he was too busy repairing himself. However Gogmegog was fully repaired and on guard. Gogmegog and Fenrir would've overwhelmed Strada. In fact Fenrir by himself would've given Strada a hard time.

So think of it this way. You have Strada by himself fighting 80% Fenrir and Gogmegog with an exhausted Rias behind him that couldn't even move. Strada fighting both Fenrir and Gogmegog while at the same time protecting Rias would put Strada in a dire situation. With Strada gone Fenrir could sweep the rest of Rias team.
Gog was repairing himself because pre-restoration Strada shattered him with his fist, though

He wasn't going to be a factor.

So Fenrir was going to be alone in a sealed state against someone who can casually break EJOD armor. Hardly a desperate battle for Strada.

And again, literally every other battle except possibly Lint's was in favor of Rias' team. The only one that went south was Rias', and that was due to her form being an experimental technique they'd never used in combat before.

That one fight, especially in the given context, does not change that Vali's team as a whole was being overwhelmed.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:24   Link #4224
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
It would have been Strada and Gasper it never said he couldn't still fight. Also Strada took out Gog pretty easily I don't see that changing even if he on guard.
Gasper wouldn't have been able to do much. You also have to take into account that Fenrir could go 100% which would give him back his top 10 class power. The fact remains Strada would've been taken out. And again, I know Gogmegog alone is no match for Strada but with Fenrir being the main threat Strada's full attention would be on him. Gasper would've went down by Gogmegog as he's trying to protect Rias. In turn Fenrir and Gogmegog comes out victorious and they sweep the rest of Rias team.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:31   Link #4225
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Gasper wouldn't have been able to do much. You also have to take into account that Fenrir could go 100% which would give him back his top 10 class power. The fact remains Strada would've been taken out. And again, I know Gogmegog alone is no match for Strada but with Fenrir being the main threat Strada's full attention would be on him. Gasper would've went down by Gogmegog as he's trying to protect Rias. In turn Fenrir and Gogmegog comes out victorious and they sweep the rest of Rias team.
All Strada has to do is swipe once in its general direction and it's done, so no, not really. And Gasper still has timestop. He could easily freeze Fenrir in place for a moment while Strada craters Gog and then there we go.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:37   Link #4226
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Gog was repairing himself because pre-restoration Strada shattered him with his fist, though

He wasn't going to be a factor.

So Fenrir was going to be alone in a sealed state against someone who can casually break EJOD armor. Hardly a desperate battle for Strada.

And again, literally every other battle except possibly Lint's was in favor of Rias' team. The only one that went south was Rias', and that was due to her form being an experimental technique they'd never used in combat before.

That one fight, especially in the given context, does not change that Vali's team as a whole was being overwhelmed.
Are you saying Strada can beat 80% Fenrir? Strada breaking Vali's armor is no big deal since Vali can constantly repair it. Strada would have a struggle just by Fenrir alone.

Lint's battle wasn't the only one even. Akeno did take on 2 people but there's nothing proving she was winning or about to win. Fenrir was fighting 2 people as well (Rias and Gasper) and we knew the outcome would've been in Fenrir's favor. Rias was too exhausted and Gasper by himself is no threat to Fenrir. So let's see

Bikou vs Kiba = Kiba winning but still ongoing

Strada vs Arthur = Strada won

Crom vs Vali = evenly matched

Lint vs Sha Wujing = evenly matched

Akeno vs La Fay and Zhu Bajie = evenly matched

Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper = Fenrir won

Valerie vs Gogmegog = Gogmegog won

Koneko vs Kuroka = Koneko won.

Also do you think Gasper could've held Fenrir? Gasper alone isn't God Class so his time stop is likely to be weaker.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:43   Link #4227
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Are you saying Strada can beat 80% Fenrir? Strada breaking Vali's armor is no big deal since Vali can constantly repair it. Strada would have a struggle just by Fenrir alone.

Lint's battle wasn't the only one even. Akeno did take on 2 people but there's nothing proving she was winning or about to win. Fenrir was fighting 2 people as well (Rias and Gasper) and we knew the outcome would've been in Fenrir's favor. Rias was too exhausted and Gasper by himself is no threat to Fenrir. So let's see

Bikou vs Kiba = Kiba winning but still ongoing

Strada vs Arthur = Strada won

Crom vs Vali = evenly matched

Lint vs Sha Wujing = evenly matched

Akeno vs La Fay and Zhu Bajie = evenly matched

Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper = Fenrir won

Valerie vs Gogmegog = Gogmegog won

Koneko vs Kuroka = Koneko won.
Hah.

Bikou vs Kiba = Kiba winning handily

Strada vs Arthur = Strada won

Crom vs Vali = Crom had Vali on the defensive

Lint vs Sha Wujing = evenly matched before Lint used her BxB

Akeno vs La Fay and Zhu Bajie = evenly matched despite a numerical advantage

Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper = Rias ran out of power

Valerie vs Gogmegog = was not a fight, Valerie is a non-combatant

Koneko vs Kuroka = Koneko won.

Seriously, what?

Should I put Strada vs Bikou, Gog, Vali, and Fenrir were he ground them into the dirt?

Nothing but the Fenrir match was in Vali's favor, and that was in Rias' favor until she ran out of power. Fenrir was covered in blood and she was untouched.

And again, full power Fenrir was held down by a weaker version of the armor Strada broke with his fist.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 15:46   Link #4228
TheWu8128
Hero In Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Gasper wouldn't have been able to do much. You also have to take into account that Fenrir could go 100% which would give him back his top 10 class power. The fact remains Strada would've been taken out. And again, I know Gogmegog alone is no match for Strada but with Fenrir being the main threat Strada's full attention would be on him. Gasper would've went down by Gogmegog as he's trying to protect Rias. In turn Fenrir and Gogmegog comes out victorious and they sweep the rest of Rias team.
I disagree I can definity see Gasper holding out with the darkness and timestop powers seem like your downplaying Gasper. All Gasper would have to do is stall Fenrir and let Strada take out Gogmegog with "one punch" and they can tag team Fenrir
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 16:13   Link #4229
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Hah.

Bikou vs Kiba = Kiba winning handily

Strada vs Arthur = Strada won

Crom vs Vali = Crom had Vali on the defensive

Lint vs Sha Wujing = evenly matched before Lint used her BxB

Akeno vs La Fay and Zhu Bajie = evenly matched despite a numerical advantage

Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper = Rias ran out of power

Valerie vs Gogmegog = was not a fight, Valerie is a non-combatant

Koneko vs Kuroka = Koneko won.

Seriously, what?

Should I put Strada vs Bikou, Gog, Vali, and Fenrir were he ground them into the dirt?

Nothing but the Fenrir match was in Vali's favor, and that was in Rias' favor until she ran out of power. Fenrir was covered in blood and she was untouched.

And again, full power Fenrir was held down by a weaker version of the armor Strada broke with his fist.
Bikou vs Kiba = Kiba was winning but did he retire Bikou?

Crom vs Vali = Vali was giving Crom just as much damage and they both were going back and forth so they were evenly match.


Lint vs Sha Wujing = Lint used BxB and yet she still couldn't retire Sha Wujing? Why not? How do you you she was winning? Was there anything stated that Lint was pressuring She Wujing?

Akeno vs Le Fay and Zhu Bajie = still evenly matched. In fact Zhu Bajie was doing fine on his own.

Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper = Rias exhausted and Gasper is no threat to Fenrir which means Fenrir won.

Arthur lost to Strada from being exhausted but it still counts as Strada's victory right?

Valerie vs Gogmegog = taking out the healer is an important factor.

Strada had his way with a "nerfed" Fenrir, Vali (holding back), Gogmegog, and Bikou. With Arthur just standing there watching when he could've jumped in.

Of course Rias was untouched but it doesn't matter because anyone can be winning a battle but winning the war is what matters. Fact remains is no matter how well Rias fought, her defeat was inevitable for using a prototype incomplete form that she was forced to use. Yes, Fenrir was wounded but was he weakened or lack any stamina to continue fighting? Crom's body was a bloody mess but did that slow him down?

Last I checked Vali needed Arthur to use Excalibur's Ruler.

@TheWu8128 Huh? Gasper and Rias couldn't even handle "nerf" Fenrir and Fenrir was able to slash off Gasper's arm. You think Gasper is anything to 80% Fenrir when he couldn't do anything to "nerfed" Fenrir?
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 16:36   Link #4230
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Bikou vs Kiba = Kiba was winning but did he retire Bikou?
He was winning by a large margin. That's what overwhelm means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Crom vs Vali = Vali was giving Crom just as much damage and they both were going back and forth so they were evenly match.
Vali spent the whole fight backpedaling and trying and failing to gain distance to regroup. He managed to wound Crom by blasting him with Lucifers Aura at maximum power, and then was immediately paid by a punch that had him puking blood. He was on the defensive the entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Lint vs Sha Wujing = Lint used BxB and yet she still couldn't retire Sha Wujing? Why not? How do you you she was winning? Was there anything stated that Lint was pressuring She Wujing?
Lint was even with her before breaking out the BxB. That's more than enough to assume it tilted towards her after that much of a power boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Akeno vs Le Fay and Zhu Bajie = still evenly matched. In fact Zhu Bajie was doing fine on his own.
Zhu did nothing but soak up damage. And Akeno was fighting two to one and still going even, which makes it an advantage to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper = Rias exhausted and Gasper is no threat to Fenrir which means Fenrir won.
Again, this is their only victory, and it had nothing to do with anything Fenrir himself actually did. Rias couldn't maintain the form despite having the advantage in actual battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Arthur lost to Strada from being exhausted but it still counts as Strada's victory right?
Strada exhausted Arthur by smacking him around every time they clashed. Rias grew exhausted from maintaining the form. Not remotely the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Valerie vs Gogmegog = taking out the healer is an important factor.
Again, literally not a fight. There was no competition between the players here and Valerie is a non-combatant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Strada had his way with a "nerfed" Fenrir, Vali (holding back), Gogmegog, and Bikou. With Arthur just standing there watching when he could've jumped in.
EJOD does not constitute holding back, you're the one trying to say Gog would somehow matter, and Arthur wouldn't have made a difference considering how easily Strada dominated him. Like, he stopped their fight to let Arthur rest and lecture him about his weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Of course Rias was untouched but it doesn't matter because anyone can win a battle but winning the war is what matters. Fact remains is no matter how well Rias fought, her defeat was inevitable for using a prototype incomplete form that she was forced to use. Yes, Fenrir was wounded but was he weakened or lack any stamina to continue fighting? Crom's body was a bloody mess but did that slow him down?
Crom was dealing far more damage than he took, Fenrir wasn't dealing any at all. In fact Fenrir was desperately dodging her attacks because he saw them as dangerous. And this is the only fight in Vali's favor at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Last I checked Vali needed Arthur to use Excalibur's Ruler.
They used Ruler while restraining him. Ruler was used to place their control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
@TheWu8128 Huh? Gasper and Rias couldn't even handle "nerf" Fenrir and Fenrir was able to slash off Gasper's arm. You think Gasper is anything to 80% Fenrir when he couldn't do anything to "nerfed" Fenrir?
Which did nothing. Rias and Gasper only transformed when Fenrir did because he wasn't getting anywhere.

And we see Balor view freeze Fenrir multiple times, why are you suddenly assuming it wouldn't work?

So again, summing up here...

matches Rias' team won or was going to win: Koneko vs Kuroka, Strada vs Arthur, Kiba vs Bikou

matches Rias had the advantage in: Crom vs Vali, Akeno vs Le Fay and Zhu

matches that were even: Lint vs Sha (?)

matches Vali's team had the advantage in: Rias and Gasper vs Fenrir

And the last was only because of the weakness of the form, Fenrir couldn't actually do anything to Balor Princess

Vali's team was outmatched and pulled off the win by exploiting a weakness of the other team.

They still won, but it was an uphill battle they spent the majority of getting beaten.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:11   Link #4231
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I think I've had this discussion about five times over the last few days both here and other places, so I think I'm going to bow out now.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:12   Link #4232
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He was winning by a large margin. That's what overwhelm means.



Vali spent the whole fight backpedaling and trying and failing to gain distance to regroup. He managed to wound Crom by blasting him with Lucifers Aura at maximum power, and then was immediately paid by a punch that had him puking blood. He was on the defensive the entire time.



Lint was even with her before breaking out the BxB. That's more than enough to assume it tilted towards her after that much of a power boost.



Zhu did nothing but soak up damage. And Akeno was fighting two to one and still going even, which makes it an advantage to her.



Again, this is their only victory, and it had nothing to do with anything Fenrir himself actually did. Rias couldn't maintain the form despite having the advantage in actual battle



Strada exhausted Arthur by smacking him around every time they clashed. Rias grew exhausted from maintaining the form. Not remotely the same.



Again, literally not a fight. There was no competition between the players here and Valerie is a non-combatant.



EJOD does not constitute holding back, you're the one trying to say Gog would somehow matter, and Arthur wouldn't have made a difference considering how easily Strada dominated him. Like, he stopped their fight to let Arthur rest and lecture him about his weaknesses.



Crom was dealing far more damage than he took, Fenrir wasn't dealing any at all. In fact Fenrir was desperately dodging her attacks because he saw them as dangerous. And this is the only fight in Vali's favor at all.



They used Ruler while restraining him. Ruler was used to place their control.



Which did nothing. Rias and Gasper only transformed when Fenrir did because he wasn't getting anywhere.

And we see Balor view freeze Fenrir multiple times, why are you suddenly assuming it wouldn't work?

So again, summing up here...

matches Rias' team won or was going to win: Koneko vs Kuroka, Strada vs Arthur, Kiba vs Bikou

matches Rias had the advantage in: Crom vs Vali, Akeno vs Le Fay and Zhu

matches that were even: Lint vs Sha (?)

matches Vali's team had the advantage in: Rias and Gasper vs Fenrir

And the last was only because of the weakness of the form, Fenrir couldn't actually do anything to Balor Princess

Vali's team was outmatched and pulled off the win by exploiting a weakness of the other team.

They still won, but it was an uphill battle they spent the majority of getting beaten.
They went back and forth each time. Did Crom get more hits than Vali? No. Did Vali get more hits then Crom? No. Did Vali show any signs of being exhausted? No. Was Crom a bloody mess just like Vali? Yes, could they both kept going after Rias surrender? Yes. You're nitpicking things that are irrelevant. They both were evenly match. Crom had the edge in power and defense while Vali had the edge in skill, speed and technique. Neither one could gain an edge over the other.

If Lint was evenly matched in base then her BxB should've retired Sha Wujing in no time but despite that, nothing waa shown or stated Lint was winning. Most of the match was off screen. If anything Lint was most likely forced to use BxB to match Sha Wujing. Despite Lint going BxB she could not retire Sha Wujing in the entire match.

Damage that was making him stronger. He really didn't need La Fey's help. All La Fey did was use defensive spells from the looks of it. Akeno was not winning at all. Battle was even.

If Rias uses that form against "nerf" Fenrir do you think she could've retired him before she exhausted herself? I think she could but because this was 80% Fenrir, the battle was hard for Rias. Again, winning the battle don't mean winning the war. So it doesn't matter.

Both were too exhausted to fight anymore and couldn't beat their opponent. Same outcome.

Doesn't matter, she is still part of that team and her healing makes her a potential threat.

If Vali was not using DxD L then he was holding back. Considering that Arthur alone kept Strada occupied for most of the match then I'm sure he would've made a huge difference. Considering his use slashes from space to target blind spots. Strada chose to stop and talk of his own accord. Arthur didn't ask him to do that and was on guard waiting while Strada was running his mouth. Unlike Vali, Fenrir, Bikou and Gogmegog, Strada couldn't land any strikes on Arthur. All his attacks were either blocked or dodged. Arthur lost due to exhuasted and it took Strada most of the match to do it. All that was confirmed.

It's only your assumption that Crom delt far more damage than he took. We know It's confirmed that his whole body was a bloody mess just like Vali's. Did Fenrir win? Yes? Okay so who cares.

Matches that Vali team won. Gogmegog vs Valerie, Fenrir vs Rias and Gasper

Matches that Rias team won. Strada vs Arthur and Koneko vs Kuroka

Matches that were even. Akeno vs La Fey, Crom vs Vali and Zhu Bajie and Lint vs Sha Wujing

Matches that were winning but still ongoing Kiba vs Bikou.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:22   Link #4233
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Again, go read the Vali fight. He spends the entire time on the defensive. He manages one attack that makes Crom bleed while he's puking blood.

And you're still ignoring the fact Strada literally stood back and let Arthur rest in the middle of their fight. It was not an even contest.

Again there was only a single match in which Vali's team had any kind of advantage, and that was due to exploiting a weakness.

Also, you keep pointing out Gig vs Valerie like it was a fight. It wasn't. She literally has no combat capability and did nothing during the match.

Vali's team was losing the fight until Rias ran out of power. You have to literally rewrite the battle to get around that. Just stop.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:30   Link #4234
Lucidrago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
How were they losing if Rias was the one who couldn't go on anymore? You do know how Rating Games, or better yet, how chess works right?

Again if Vali's team was so much weaker then why was Kuroka the only one that retired? Doesn't look weak to me. The teams were basically equal.

Vali and Fenrir can take on Strada and Crom. Arthur is still a better swordsman than Kiba. Kuroka and Koneko were basically evenly matched. And the rest of their team members are pretty much on par with each other. So I have no idea where You're getting this idea that Rias' team was stronger than Vali's.

And again how was Issei's team stronger than Dulio's?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:46   Link #4235
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Again, go read the Vali fight. He spends the entire time on the defensive. He manages one attack that makes Crom bleed while he's puking blood.

And you're still ignoring the fact Strada literally stood back and let Arthur rest in the middle of their fight. It was not an even contest.

Again there was only a single match in which Vali's team had any kind of advantage, and that was due to exploiting a weakness.

Also, you keep pointing out Gig vs Valerie like it was a fight. It wasn't.

Vali's team was losing the fight until Rias ran out of power. You have to literally rewrite the battle to get around that. Just stop.
It's because I read the fight that I know they were evenly matched. Vali was shedding blood just like Crom was. Neither one could get an edge over the other. Crom himself admitted that he would be in danger if he took too many of Vali's attacks and he took ALOT of attacks. Crom had to rely on intuition to get a hit in because Vali was too fast for him to see and he couldn't even dodge Vali's attacks. He couldn't use his strong fire breath since Vali could nullify it. Crom had to gets some hits on Vali at the expense of constantly taking damage. So yes, the fight shows they were evenly matched.

Are you going to ignore the fact that Arthur didn't ask him to do that? Why should Strada give Arthur time to rest? Arthur was waiting for him. Did Strada get any strikes on Arthur? No. Arthur lost due to being exhausted. That was confirmed. If Strada dominated Arthur easily as you claim then it wouldn't have taken him most of the match to beat him. He would've retired Arthur in no time.

Vali's team lost Kuroka and Rias team lost Valerie. Arthur was exhausted and Rias was exhausted. Everyone else was still fighting evenly matched with only Kiba having the upper hand in his fight.

In the end both teams were evenly matched with Fenrir making the difference. At this point You're just steady repeating yourself. You have nothing new to add to this discussion.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 17:48   Link #4236
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
How were they losing if Rias was the one who couldn't go on anymore? You do know how Rating Games, or better yet, how chess works right?

Again if Vali's team was so much weaker then why was Kuroka the only one that retired? Doesn't look weak to me. The teams were basically equal.

Vali and Fenrir can take on Strada and Crom. Arthur is still a better swordsman than Kiba. Kuroka and Koneko were basically evenly matched. And the rest of their team members are pretty much on par with each other. So I have no idea where You're getting this idea that Rias' team was stronger than Vali's.

And again how was Issei's team stronger than Dulio's?
Oh good, you again.

Seriously, this has been done a dozen times already and it always ends the same. You try and argue they were equal, the disparity between the individual battles is pointed out, you try to use Rias' fight to ignore everything else, the fact that Rias' basically beat herself and Fenrir was unable to touch her is pointed out, you start rewriting the battles to make it look like maybe Vali's team wasn't losing most of the fights, the actual text is pointed out, you reset to the beginning.

Rias lost due to an exploited weakness, and only that. Her team was not losing a single battle before then, had the upper hand or outright victory in at least three, and was even at worst in all the others. Then Vali's team exploited an opening and pulled out a win.

The writer couldn't rub your face in it any harder if he tried, so stop trying to dance around what actually happened. No is saying Vali's team was weak, but they were being overwhelmed until that single fight turned south.

Issei could have blasted the entire team down with DxD, that's how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
It's because I read the fight that I know they were evenly matched. Vali was shedding blood just like Crom was. Neither one could get an edge over the other. Crom himself admitted that he would be in danger if he took too many of Vali's attacks and he took ALOT of attacks. Crom had to rely on intuition to get a hit in because Vali was too fast for him to see and he couldn't even dodge Vali's attacks. He couldn't use his strong fire breath since Vali could nullify it. Crom had to gets some hits on Vali at the expense of constantly taking damage. So yes, the fight shows they were evenly matched.

Are you going to ignore the fact that Arthur didn't ask him to do that? Why should Strada give Arthur time to rest? Arthur was waiting for him. Did Strada get any strikes on Arthur? No. Arthur lost due to being exhausted. That was confirmed. If Strada dominated Arthur easily as you claim then it wouldn't have taken him most of the match to beat him. He would've retired Arthur in no time.

Vali's team lost Kuroka and Rias team lost Valerie. Arthur was exhausted and Rias was exhausted. Everyone else was still fighting evenly matched with only Kiba having the upper hand in his fight.

In the end both teams were evenly matched with Fenrir making the difference. At this point You're just steady repeating yourself. You have nothing new to add to this discussion.
Uh huh.

So to remind you, this is how the Crom v Vali fight plays out after DxD is activated.
  • Vali charges, lands a hit, and is countered so hard he gets stunned
  • He uses his Lucifer's aura, Crom pushes through it while bleeding, Crom shatters Vali's armor and causes him to puke blood
  • Crom breathes fire, Vali manages to block the first shot with Compression Divider
  • Vali tries to gain distance with Half Dimension, Crom powers through it and shatters his armor again
  • Vali blows them both up and finally gains some distance

Yes, that looks like an even battle. Not at all one combatant on the defensive and trying to retreat.

Speaking of Arthur...

Quote:
Arthur used Collbrande to block the attacks, but he was forced to kneel down every time he blocked an attack. Although he did his best to stand back up and escape from a bad situation, he still continued to be overwhelmed underneath His Eminence’s frightening power.
Oh look. Overwhelmed.

And then followed by...

Quote:
Amidst the fierce clash of blades, Arthur suddenly jumped back and pulled away. His Eminence said

[You are indeed an excellent swordsman. I can’t help but admire the fact that you’re a rare talent. —But, there are a few technical immaturities that can be seen from time to time.]

Arthur didn’t speak, and simply continued to breathe heavily. It seemed like Arthur would be the first to run out of stamina this time. His Eminence continued

[After relying only on your own talents over the countless battlefields that you’ve traversed, your technique has been tainted by a slight sense of vanity. —Although there are a few effective techniques, it is impossible to break my Durandal.]

Arthur smiled with irony.

[…When you say that, I have nothing to say in return.]
Then Arthur tries an aura wave, which Strada disperses and keeps lecturing

Quote:
[Listen closely, children. Even before I became a teenager, I vowed in my heart that I would become a warrior of the Church. I kept praying, I kept thinking, and I kept on training day after day without interruption. O Lord. Please grant this fist of mine divine mercy. Endure, endure, endure, endure…there was not a day of slack as I continued to train for many hours every single day. Even when I went into seclusion, I didn’t neglect anything at all.]

His Eminence gripped the cross hanging in front of his chest as he continued

[When you acquire the spirit to believe that a miracle will occur without doubt, when you have an unshakable and just heart, and a persistently trained body, that is when your fist will be filled with mercy.]

His Eminence’s power was not caused by a miracle; rather, his power caused a miracle. That was what I understood in that moment. Arthur’s face was covered in sweat, and his chest heaved with every rough breath as he said

[Perhaps I’ll lose…but even so, please allow me to fight until the final moment. I will hold on as a miracle could be born in an instant, and that is because I am a man who fights alongside the Hakuryuukou.]

His Eminence showed a fearless smile as he accepted Arthur’s invitation—.

[Yes, that is correct. Resignation is what kills a warrior.]

His Eminence maintained the upper hand as they continued to fight.
Yeah, Strada is really having a hard time here.

And again, Rias' team was winning or had won at least three individual fights, and was at worst even in all the others.

The only exception was Rias' own battle, and that was closer to her defeating herself.
__________________

Last edited by XFire; 2018-05-22 at 18:01.
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 18:32   Link #4237
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
@Xfire I like how you just proved my point. Crom had to constantly take Vali's attacks to get hits in and what did Crom say about those Attacks?

"You’re truly fast. Even the quality of your aura has changed. Even I’ll be in danger if I keep taking direct hits.”

Could Crom do anything about it?

"You can attack me. So doesn’t that mean you can see me?”

“No, I can’t see. I can’t even block or evade your aura.”

Crom could only get any hits in at the expense of tanking those dangerous attacks. What was the result?

"His fist smashed Vali’s helmet and singed the six wings on his right side. With clear resolution, Vali unleashed a blast of demonic energy directly at Crom’s abdomen! After a violent explosion occurred, Vali flew back and augmented their distance. As the explosion cleared, he saw Crom’s body covered and dripping in blood!"

So yes, both Vali and Crom heavy damage to each other and were evenly matched. And how did the match end?

"On the display, both Vali and Crom were completely battered,"


I never said Strada had a hard time but again did Arthur get any strikes in? No. How did Arthur lose?

"Xenovia looked over to the screen which Arthur was on. Arthur had collapsed on the road, and it seemed as though he was unable to get up. His stamina had already been completely exhausted. It looked like he couldn’t even move a finger anymore. Arthur had actually become physically exhausted"

And again it took him most of the match. If wasn't held up by Arthur for such a lengthy battle then he would've arrived much sooner to assist Rias before she became exhausted

In the end both teams were evenly matched with Fenrir taking the match for the team.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 18:40   Link #4238
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
@Xfire I like how you just proved my point. Crom had to constantly take Vali's attacks to get hits in and what did Crom say about those Attacks?

"Youíre truly fast. Even the quality of your aura has changed. Even Iíll be in danger if I keep taking direct hits.Ē

Could Crom do anything about it?

"You can attack me. So doesnít that mean you can see me?Ē

ďNo, I canít see. I canít even block or evade your aura.Ē

Crom could only get any hits in at the expense of tanking those dangerous attacks. What was the result?

"His fist smashed Valiís helmet and singed the six wings on his right side. With clear resolution, Vali unleashed a blast of demonic energy directly at Cromís abdomen! After a violent explosion occurred, Vali flew back and augmented their distance. As the explosion cleared, he saw Cromís body covered and dripping in blood!"

So yes, both Vali and Crom heavy damage to each other and were evenly matched. And how did the match end?

"On the display, both Vali and Crom were completely battered,"


I never said Strada had a hard time but again did Arthur get any strikes in? No. How did Arthur lose?

"Xenovia looked over to the screen which Arthur was on. Arthur had collapsed on the road, and it seemed as though he was unable to get up. His stamina had already been completely exhausted. It looked like he couldnít even move a finger anymore. Arthur had actually become physically exhausted"

In the end both teams were evenly matched with Fenrir taking the match for the team.
Nice try.

Quote:
Glowing with the brilliance of Luciferís aura, Vali disappeared from that spot with godlike speed. The abnormal speed was beyond perception, and it was probably difficult to keep track of his presence as well. However, Crom didnít waver as he thrust his fist out as if it were only natural. Don! A blunt sound emanated from his fist as Vali was hit! Unexpectedly, Crom didnít use his eyes to keep track of Vali, and he didnít seem to have detected Valiís presence either. After a moment of hesitation, Vali immediately recomposed himself, and moved at a godlike speed once again. This time, he unleashed the aura of Lucifer at a velocity that couldnít be perceived with the naked eye! Crom took a direct hit from the aura of Lucifer and was forced to stop. An explosion occurred at his body, and his blood sprayed out in every direction, but even so, he was still able to move his fists to aim for Vali! Don! óCromís punch hit Vali who had descended from above, shattering the armour at his abdomen!

ďGuha!Ē

Underneath his helmet, Vali spat out a mouthful of blood. Vali immediately prepared to lengthen their distance, but Crom didnít hesitate to shorten the distance between them so that he could punch him again!
Crom had no trouble countering Vali, and bleeding on the surface is significantly less than puking blood.

You want me to quote the rest of the segment where Crom smashes through everything Vali throws at him while Vali continuously tries and fails to get away?

Also, the author literally says Strada was overwhelming Arthur, he stops to lecture him so Arthur can rest, and when Arthur tries to attack him he casually overpowers it and goes right back to his lecture while Arthur tries to suck in air.

Yes, very even.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 18:51   Link #4239
Blazor 98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Nice try.



Crom had no trouble countering Vali, and bleeding on the surface is significantly less than puking blood.

You want me to quote the rest of the segment where Crom smashes through everything Vali throws at him while Vali continuously tries and fails to get away?

Also, the author literally says Strada was overwhelming Arthur, he stops to lecture him so Arthur can rest, and when Arthur tries to attack him he casually overpowers it and goes right back to his lecture while Arthur tries to suck in air.

Yes, very even.
Of course Crom able to hit him. Again, he had to rely on intuition because Vali's was too fast.

"No, I canít see. I canít even block or evade your aura.Ē

ďThen, how are you able to hit me?Ē

Crom replied as if it were only natural

"Intuition.Ē

Thus proving my point and he constantly had to tanked Vali's attacks. You can post all you want. I know Crom gave hits to Vali just like Vali was able to give hits to Crom with demonic blast and as shown Crom's entire body was a bloody mess and both fighters were battered. So they were evenly matched.

Of course Strada was overwhelming him because Strada has more raw power than Arthur. And again Strada chose to run his mouth of his own accord. He didn't have to nor did Arthur ask him to. Arthur was just there waiting. And despite what you say the fact remains that Arthur lost due to exhaustion. Strada did not get any strikes in. Strada was held up for most of the match.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 18:53   Link #4240
syzorst
syzorst
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis
@Xfire
@Blazor 98

Guys, both of you have been going at it all this time. Can you both just agree to disagree? Both Vali and Rias played a good match. Rias team did well even though they lost. Can you both just leave it at that?
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.