AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-29, 21:20   Link #3621
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
The entire volume was released by us. Just do a google search for Zeonic|Scanlations.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 22:18   Link #3622
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The entire volume was released by us. Just do a google search for Zeonic|Scanlations.
Is there any translation of Frozen Teardrops that goes beyon the prologue?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 06:51   Link #3623
Miss Yuy

Execuse me there is nothing in zeonic scanlation but only a prologue
Miss Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 08:01   Link #3624
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Yuy View Post
Execuse me there is nothing in zeonic scanlation but only a prologue
I believe Decon was talking about The Glory of Losers Manga, the first volume of that is released.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:06   Link #3625
Eeni

Quote:
Thank you Deacon, I can now read the last chapter in English. I did miss it ^_^

EDIT: Ummm... Just as a heads-up, the vol.1 file on Zeonic seems to be missing the last few pages of chapter 6. At least compared to the download from earlier in this thread.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-10-30 at 15:42. Reason: Still trying to figure things out...
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 22:14   Link #3626
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Thank you Deacon, I can now read the last chapter in English. I did miss it ^_^

EDIT: Ummm... Just as a heads-up, the vol.1 file on Zeonic seems to be missing the last few pages of chapter 6. At least compared to the download from earlier in this thread.
Nope, that's how it ended. Volume 2 picks up with the last few pages of that chapter. Why on Earth they hacked it up like that is beyond me. :/

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-10-31, 16:22   Link #3627
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Got my copy of Gundam Ace today:

Episode.14 A Banquet for Pleiades (Chapter.03)

The Gundams converge on the New Edwards base. Marshall Noventa is still in the middle of his speech, urging the Alliance military members that disarmament is the key to stopping the situation at hand. Treize gives Lady Une the go ahead to commence "Operation Pleiades".

- The first attack is launched at the Siberian Space Port base in northern Eurasia.
- Izumi Tarnoff begins his attack on the Melbourne base in Australia.
- Solak Delbrück begins his attack on the Somalian front in Africa.
- Alex and Muller begin their attack with Solak.

Operation Pleiades: whose objective is to completely dissolve the United Earth Sphere Alliance in one stroke. With the Alliance Forces chief of staff gathering at the New Edwards base on the west coast of North America, there was a deficiency in the chain of command at various principle military bases and as such were attacked by OZ's elite units in synchronized, simultaneous attacks. It should be pointed out that the mastermind of this operation was Colonel Une, who meticulously prepared for it. Furthermore, it is believed that while the Gundams were an unanticipated anomaly during the execution stage, their gathering at the New Edwards base is a factor that led to the success of this operation.

Anywho, Quatre is fighting and finds out that their location was fake... there are no Taurus mobile suits present.

Treize, meanwhile, evacuates Noventa and what not on their shuttle. Sitting on the tarmac, Noventa opens up a channel to the pilots and says to them that they have no intention of fighting them. Quatre manages to get everyone to cease fire at the moment. The chapter ends with Heero arriving with his sights set on the shuttle carrying Noventa...

It's interesting to see that Vice Foreign Minister Darlian is still alive...

Old 2011-10-31, 19:26   Link #3628
Tendou Souji

No Frozen Teardrop this month?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 20:41   Link #3629
Eeni

Quote:
Nope, that's how it ended. Volume 2 picks up with the last few pages of that chapter. Why on Earth they hacked it up like that is beyond me. :/
That is indeed strange... Regardless, Asagi's art is worth ogling at.

Quote:
It's interesting to see that Vice Foreign Minister Darlian is still alive...
Really? Has he actually appeared anywhere as of yet (I just barely caught up in the threads... so I guess I might have missed it)? I could assume that he might get some screen-time with some sort of speech directed at the pilots in the next few chapters. He could be developed into a more important character... but if he sticks around, it'll probably take Releena a while to start her political stage.

Going another way: I'm still not clear on this, is Duo actually a ligit priest or is he still using "Father Maxwell" as some sort of a cover?

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2011-11-01, 00:54   Link #3630
Aldaeus

Quote:
Going another way: I'm still not clear on this, is Duo actually a ligit priest or is he still using "Father Maxwell" as some sort of a cover?
Duo is not a Legit priest, he is a bounty hunter who uses being a priest as a cover.
Old 2011-11-01, 05:51   Link #3631
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I'm not even sure if it's a cover or just a nickname. I mean, if you're posing as a priest drinking, gambling and womanizing will blow your cover pretty quick. Nevermind the shotgun.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 18:02   Link #3632
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I'm not even sure if it's a cover or just a nickname. I mean, if you're posing as a priest drinking, gambling and womanizing will blow your cover pretty quick. Nevermind the shotgun.
LOL! A shotgun!? Well that isn't inconspicuous at all! Where is he hiding that thing? So.... Zechs left his little girl with a womanizing drunkard instead of getting her to her mother himself and Noin didn't flip? GENIUS! I guess this isn't the worst parenting shown so far in this series.

Old 2011-11-02, 18:07   Link #3633
susyia

are you sure that's is true? womanizer???? i don't remember any part of this novel that show this or mention something like that
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 21:01   Link #3634
Eeni

I'm just going off what Ikuze said (probably just added humor [I approve])... I missed out on the "womanizing" part as well. But seeing as how this story is going I wouldn't put it past it to make Duo a womanizer.

Anywho, there was an earlier post from some pages back as to "What do you think the GundamW characters are doing 10 years later" and I instantly thought of this:
Spoiler for Where are they 10 years later?:

Old 2011-11-03, 07:36   Link #3635
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
are you sure that's is true? womanizer???? i don't remember any part of this novel that show this or mention something like that
That's all going back to the meeting between Duo, Noin, and Relena. Duo's description's of the two make him sound rather "Flirtatious" and or having Dirty thoughts... Describing Noin's lips as "Alluring" in the process.
Old 2011-11-03, 10:46   Link #3636
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

While Aldaeus has a good point, I was actually referring to Hilde telling Duo that she thought Jr. is his and that he probably had him with "one of his women" and that's how he supposedly just showed up one day at the orphanage.

I tried to dig up the AS page in which this was mentioned but I see that it hadn't been mentioned at all. This bit of info still shows up in the gundam wikia (as for me knowing, it was likely among the stuff my buddy told me). Though in the wikia it says prostitutes instead of women.
I'm not sure on that one, I mean, would a guy like Duo really need to pay? *looks at the number of his fans* He seems plenty popular to me. But anyway, from what I remember he also promised Hilde he'd swear off "alcohol, smoking and women" if she married him and there was something about cutting his braid off, too. Considering this and the way he describes women, it's not far-fetched an assumption to make that FT Duo is ...highly interested in (the other) sex. xD

Quote:
LOL! A shotgun!? Well that isn't inconspicuous at all! Where is he hiding that thing? So.... Zechs left his little girl with a womanizing drunkard instead of getting her to her mother himself and Noin didn't flip? GENIUS! I guess this isn't the worst parenting shown so far in this series.
I want to say he hid it in his coat but I honestly don't remember if there was a coat or if it was hidden at all. It's been too long. Sorry.
As for Zechs' actions not being the worst display of parenting yet, maybe you wanna rethink that statement? Remember, the first thing Duo did after being entrusted with Naina was to pass out drunk. In front of her. xD
Here's the post that translated that bit. Right now I find the scene in which Zechs and his daughter part pretty hilarious because although Naina's reluctance to part from her father is supposed to be an emotional display of parent-child love, it's also kinda natural that she would go "daddy, don't leave me!" with her new caretaker out cold. xD
Old 2011-11-03, 14:56   Link #3637
susyia

I don't understand

Quote:
I'm just going off what Ikuze said (probably just added humor [I approve])... I missed out on the "womanizing" part as well. But seeing as how this story is going I wouldn't put it past it to make Duo a womanizer.

Anywho, there was an earlier post from some pages back as to "What do you think the GundamW characters are doing 10 years later" and I instantly thought of this:
Spoiler for Where are they 10 years later?:
Hey this adress is wrong or i don't understand what that means..........
Old 2011-11-03, 15:05   Link #3638
susyia

Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
That's all going back to the meeting between Duo, Noin, and Relena. Duo's description's of the two make him sound rather "Flirtatious" and or having Dirty thoughts... Describing Noin's lips as "Alluring" in the process.
No i didn't made this comment based on that ... duo's comment is not pervert ou dirty... he just observe things and make a comment just that .. his a man not a robot ..... i think duo is the most human guy in the show he shows fear to die... anger... he laugh... makes jokes.... he has his traumas but that does not make him a person who hides his toughts or emotions........
Old 2011-11-03, 15:14   Link #3639
susyia

duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
While Aldaeus has a good point, I was actually referring to Hilde telling Duo that she thought Jr. is his and that he probably had him with "one of his women" and that's how he supposedly just showed up one day at the orphanage.

I tried to dig up the AS page in which this was mentioned but I see that it hadn't been mentioned at all. This bit of info still shows up in the gundam wikia (as for me knowing, it was likely among the stuff my buddy told me). Though in the wikia it says prostitutes instead of women.
I'm not sure on that one, I mean, would a guy like Duo really need to pay? *looks at the number of his fans* He seems plenty popular to me. But anyway, from what I remember he also promised Hilde he'd swear off "alcohol, smoking and women" if she married him and there was something about cutting his braid off, too. Considering this and the way he describes women, it's not far-fetched an assumption to make that FT Duo is ...highly interested in (the other) sex. xD

I want to say he hid it in his coat but I honestly don't remember if there was a coat or if it was hidden at all. It's been too long. Sorry.
As for Zechs' actions not being the worst display of parenting yet, maybe you wanna rethink that statement? Remember, the first thing Duo did after being entrusted with Naina was to pass out drunk. In front of her. xD
Here's the post that translated that bit. Right now I find the scene in which Zechs and his daughter part pretty hilarious because although Naina's reluctance to part from her father is supposed to be an emotional display of parent-child love, it's also kinda natural that she would go "daddy, don't leave me!" with her new caretaker out cold. xD
I'm sad why the autor makes duo like that.... i agree with you that duo has a higer interest in girls than the ohtre pilots...... well at least in the dub version calling relena in my country "gatinha" ( baby) but i think the autor has something against him... why he is the only character end or begin like that??
Old 2011-11-03, 16:53   Link #3640
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

susyia, there is an edit button you might want to consider using. Rather than posting three times in a row you should merge all of your posts by editing your first. That way you'll avoid aggravating people in the thread. I think it's even in the forum rules?
Anyway. Concerning your question, I guess it could be how Sumizawa views Americans (FT Duo could totally star in any action film if you ask me). Or maybe a Duo cosplayer ran over Sumizawa's dog. Who knows.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
I agree with you that duo has a higher interest in girls than the other pilots...... well at least in the dub version calling relena in my country "gatinha" ( baby)
Duo being most interested in girls among the pilots? Nah~ Quatre was totally flirting with his entire Cinq school. It's only logical; he's a rich Arab, the school is full of girls, of course he'd have a harem. (I'm kidding)
But the "Duo calling Relena babe" joke is getting pretty old now. Especially when I hear him call her even in Blind Target "Relena-ojousan". If that translates as babe, I'll eat my keyboard.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-11-04 at 05:12. Reason: forgot a letter

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing