AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-07, 18:35   Link #4321
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

You just made me realize I/we/translatorperson(s) completely missed the very, very first line that comes right at the start of the video.

Woops.
Old 2013-04-08, 10:34   Link #4322
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post
I main Erika, and I'll tell you right away, there's no way a character with a double jump, sword normals and such a fast 2b and overhead is going to be bad lol.

Personally, I think the worst character is Ange. Everything she does, another character can do better. And her normals are so bad.
yeah, but she is an amazing partner.
Old 2013-04-08, 10:38   Link #4323
Solkiskey

I think it depends on the character. In my opinon, her best partner is Ronove, because Ronove gets damage easily with his metasuper even if it's off a stun. Characters with lower damage output such as Battler and Erika shouldn't be paired up with Ange.
Old 2013-04-08, 11:17   Link #4324
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Black Battler sure is, uh... rapey.

Apparently whatever witches created him think he was the culprit for the sheer sexual thrill of it.

That or Ougon's writers really misinterpreted amplifying all of Battler's bad traits and assumed "likes to playfully try to grope a girl" becomes "enjoys beating women, and also threatens to rape people, including old women and his own sister and also several men."
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2013-04-08, 16:26   Link #4325
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

Be glad he doesn't say anything "rapey" about Maria, that would up the creepy factor by a fair percentage, don't you think?

Also, I find it amusing how much Shannon swoons over him despite his "rape everything that moves" attitude.
Old 2013-04-08, 16:53   Link #4326
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjamsjam View Post
Be glad he doesn't say anything "rapey" about Maria, that would up the creepy factor by a fair percentage, don't you think?

Also, I find it amusing how much Shannon swoons over him despite his "rape everything that moves" attitude.
The thing is I don't really find it creepy so much as... comically dark in a overblown way. I get that he's an over-the-top characterization of Battler as a villain, but he goes so far beyond the pale that it just ends up being more funny-sad than scary.

"I'm the killer for no reason! And I want to bone everyone! And I'm so slick and cool and unemotional!"

I mean as mockery of the concept of a Battler culprit I get being over the top, but on an individual level it would've been nice if he had more quotes like the ones where he taunts people for incompetence or shoots to the heart of their existence and mocks it and less of "lol I'm going to smash your face in, then possibly rape it." Save the domination metaphors for Beatrice, since that stuff was actually canon.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2013-04-08, 17:42   Link #4327
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
Kinda related to the translations topic at hand.

This video got magically translated to full, go and check it out.

Awesome. All in all it's rather interesting. How Shannon seems to swoon over him, how he somehow seems to have an interest in her and sort of deresponsabilize her (don't answer, you were just following me... yeah, there's absolutely nothing wrong in this, Battler, nothing...), how he knows she's Sayo and how he seems aware he has hurt her and takes the blame for this (although he complains she's unfeeling when she says to curse her he said she's the one who should curse him).

It's also interesting he said Shannon came to fulfil the promise they made that day, as if from his perspective Shannon also had to hold a part of the bargain (from Shannon's perspective it was just Battler who had to come back and take her away).

Actually I find quite interesting his chatting with Kanon.

Okay, so, if one skips the lines in which he's trying to molest people he can also say some interesting stuffs.

Eva too as she said her role was to suppress Battler.

Just wondering... is there a problem with my pc or the very first sentence wasn't translated?

Quote:

I think he sort of did when he said:

Do not worry, I will not kill Maria. Instead of you, I will raise her with utmost care...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The thing is I don't really find it creepy so much as... comically dark in a overblown way. I get that he's an over-the-top characterization of Battler as a villain, but he goes so far beyond the pale that it just ends up being more funny-sad than scary.

"I'm the killer for no reason! And I want to bone everyone! And I'm so slick and cool and unemotional!"

I mean as mockery of the concept of a Battler culprit I get being over the top, but on an individual level it would've been nice if he had more quotes like the ones where he taunts people for incompetence or shoots to the heart of their existence and mocks it and less of "lol I'm going to smash your face in, then possibly rape it." Save the domination metaphors for Beatrice, since that stuff was actually canon.
Though is voice here and there seems to broke, as if he's actually not so unfeeling and he seems to dislike himself 'I'll lock you tight. In order to not have another trash like me to be born!' and there are some sentences that might hint at him feeling something... though maybe it's just an impression.

He seems more a piece Battler that after being forced into the culprit's role turned mad than someone that started as evil but maybe that's just me.
Old 2013-04-08, 18:19   Link #4328
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Just wondering... is there a problem with my pc or the very first sentence wasn't translated?
Wasn't translated, nope, completely forgot about that one amidst all the other lines.
I already sent a message to Tsukiko Mikihara, hoping he/she doesn't mind doing that one last bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
He seems more a piece Battler that after being forced into the culprit's role turned mad than someone that started as evil but maybe that's just me.
If that's the case, maybe everything he says to the ones he meets is him trying to provoke them into killing him?

...Of course that doesn't justify all the things he says when he defeats them.
Old 2013-04-08, 19:17   Link #4329
jjblue1

Quote:
Wasn't translated, nope, completely forgot about that one amidst all the other lines.
I already sent a message to Tsukiko Mikihara, hoping he/she doesn't mind doing that one last bit.
Oh, okay, thanks!

Quote:
If that's the case, maybe everything he says to the ones he meets is him trying to provoke them into killing him?

...Of course that doesn't justify all the things he says when he defeats them.
Well, it can be, he seems to hum... play the part of the bad guy in an excessive manner. That or since he's forced into that situation he is sort of brainwashing himself and them into him being a monster.
Old 2013-04-08, 20:50   Link #4330
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
You just made me realize I/we/translatorperson(s) completely missed the very, very first line that comes right at the start of the video.

Woops.

"眠りを覚ますのは。。。お前かい?"

"Are you the one who awakened me?"

I briefly considered trying to work the elipsis into the English version, but decided against it because I'm a pretty lazy guy
Old 2013-04-08, 21:09   Link #4331
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
"眠りを覚ますのは。。。お前かい?"

"Are you the one who awakened me?"

I briefly considered trying to work the elipsis into the English version, but decided against it because I'm a pretty lazy guy
Would it be satisfactory if I went with "The one who awakened me... is you?" good sir/madam?
Old 2013-04-08, 21:17   Link #4332
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Yeah, that sounds good, though I would say 'was you' rather than 'is you.'
Old 2013-04-08, 21:23   Link #4333
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

Oh right, yeah, of course.
My brain functions are at a bare minimum at this time of night, hoho.

Thank you kindly for your assistance with this finishing touch.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:31   Link #4334
Solkiskey

If you guys wanted matches, here's one hour of them! I know the sound is kinda weird, and the volume goes down suddenly around five minutes in. Sorry for that.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:23   Link #4335
Solkiskey

Ohey. Just played sets with another guy that's way better than me. Better upload it!

Old 2013-04-10, 01:31   Link #4336
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post

It's clear that they're being racist, of course ''Black'' Battler would act that way.
Old 2013-04-10, 03:33   Link #4337
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
It's clear that they're being racist, of course ''Black'' Battler would act that way.
Would ''Afro American'' Battler do it for you, then?
Old 2013-04-10, 06:34   Link #4338
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
Would ''Afro American'' Battler do it for you, then?
But then you'd be calling him American while he's clearly Japanese!
I'm pretty sure that would count as a form of discrimination in some circles.
Old 2013-04-10, 08:25   Link #4339
Walterion

Quote:
But then you'd be calling him American while he's clearly Japanese!
I'm pretty sure that would count as a form of discrimination in some circles.
Clearly it's FATFAT's fault.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:20   Link #4340
Sjamsjam
Weirdo

Has anyone ever figured out how to force certain opponents to appear in Arcade?
I've messed around with like a billion values in Cheat Engine (A bunch of which produced amusing results) but I can't seem to nail it.
Closed Thread