AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-04, 18:06   Link #341
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Last chapter I started really liking Cassandra, but after seeing her awakened form I have mixed feelings (which are feelings most recent chapters give me as a whole). Where in the world is her mobility? Why does she have the design of some low level awakened one? How did Isley, Priscilla, Riful, and Luciela all end up with menacing, fighter type forms? Why does Cassandra look like a better version of the awakened being Ophelia defeated? Sure, it goes with her technique, but honestly, I'm getting the feeling that her unawakened form would beat her new form in a fight if that were even possible. She's still beating the crap out of everyone currently, which is awesome, but it just doesn't look like it should work.

I guess the thing that worries me about it most is how I feel she has been easily outdone already. From the looks of it, she is more of a fortress type awakened one, for lack of a better word. She sits in one spot and attacks things. Well, the Destroyer already takes the prize for that category. How can she possibly live up to that with the way things are going?

Edit: After thinking more about it, there is really no need to complain yet. In fact, so far the speed of her multiple heads could have been threatening to the abyssal ones (only problem is Miria being able to deflect one). We'll just have to wait and see how she manages to fight in future chapters.

Last edited by SpiritOfGray; 2011-11-04 at 18:37.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:11   Link #342
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Does this mean we get to see Clare again!? Yagi, you tease.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:13   Link #343
Demon6666

So it appears as if Priscilla's bits are responsible for Roxanne's regeneration. Perhaps she 'synchronised' with it and in a sense is now almost indestructible? I wonder how this will play out.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:16   Link #344
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
So it appears as if Priscilla's bits are responsible for Roxanne's regeneration. I wonder how this will play out.
Roxanne will be Priscilla 2.0 not as strong but with twice the mental problems.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:22   Link #345
Demon6666

Roxanne (Priscilla 2.0) has a very strange personality. Not only strange, but in a way she is sort of retarded. I mean, she didn't know about her regeneration, yet she laughed her head off when she saw Cassandra and was attacked by her. Why would anyone laugh like a maniac when your enemy is stronger than yourself? was she planning on dying or???
Old 2011-11-04, 18:26   Link #346
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Roxanne (Priscilla 2.0) has a very strange personality. Not only strange, but in a way she is sort of retarded. I mean, she didn't know about her regeneration, yet she laughed her head off when she saw Cassandra and was attacked by her. Why would anyone laugh like a maniac when your enemy is stronger than yourself? was she planning on dying or???
No she's just powered by the Awesome energy of Insanity.

Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; 2011-11-04 at 18:32. Reason: changed amazing to Awesome!
Old 2011-11-04, 18:27   Link #347
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Why would anyone laugh like a maniac when your enemy is stronger than yourself? was she planning on dying or???
When you are a complete psychopath you can laugh at pain and death because neither of those things matter to you. You can brutally torture or kill someone without feeling anything. Roxanne was laughing at Cassandra even after she had taken of her arm because Roxanne is a crazy evil bitch.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-04, 18:38   Link #348
Lendial

whose left arm was he talking about?
Old 2011-11-04, 18:38   Link #349
claremore

It looks like next chapter is the blob. So sudden, i really thought we first had to get an update with the other ghosts before even approaching it. i guess we can assume tabitha made a bad choice in the path back in 112? because how are they not there yet no one has even sensed them or anything, maybe they all died.

Lendial, Dae was referring to priscilla's arm that he used in his experiment
Old 2011-11-04, 18:51   Link #350
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
It looks like next chapter is the blob. So sudden, i really thought we first had to get an update with the other ghosts before even approaching it. i guess we can assume tabitha made a bad choice in the path back in 112? because how are they not there yet no one has even sensed them or anything, maybe they all died.
If that's the case, then all those wishing for Deneve and Helen to die might have gotten their wish.

But seriously, if they did all manage to die, you'd have to wonder wtf was responsible. It's not as if Priscilla already popped out of the blob behind the scenes and snuffed all of them on her way to retrieve her arm - which she already regenerated several times over by now. Silly Dae.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:52   Link #351
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

I got to thinking here...

Am I crazy or shouldn't Miria have been able to detect that Hysteria's youki wasn't dead, being right next to her? Of course there was a lot of interference on the battlefield and she's not the best sensor, but she was right next to and focused on Hysteria. And she should know better than most that severe wounds don't always guarantee death. It'd be pretty strange if the forced awakening process involved even a temporary disappearance of the youki signature.

I read some comments about how Miria should have cut off or trampled Hysteria's head instead of just leaving her lying there like that, which should have sealed the deal. That made sense, as I doubt even Priscilla's arm could resurrect a headless Claymore. Then it got me thinking about the abovementioned. At least as far as I can interpret the panels, Miria thought Hysteria was dead and showed no intention of going back to put on the finishing touch after reattaching her hands.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:55   Link #352
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
I got to thinking here...

That made sense, as I doubt even Priscilla's arm could resurrect a headless Claymore. Then it got me thinking about the abovementioned. .
Her arm brought 3 dead claymores back to life...how much of a stretch would a headless one be? I think it really didn't matter if they were killed or not; the awakenings were inevitable.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:56   Link #353
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
I read some comments about how Miria should have cut off or trampled Hysteria's head instead of just leaving her lying there like that, which should have sealed the deal.
Miria's got too much respect for her to mess with hysteria's "corpse" in retrospect that was most likely a bad move.

Lol looks like the MIBS aren't the only ones who suck at dealing with "Dead" bodies.

Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; 2011-11-04 at 19:03. Reason: grammer?
Old 2011-11-04, 19:01   Link #354
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Now, Malak is explaining it that Hysteria lowered her guard. Well, it's hard to refute if we take into account Teresa's example. The difference however between these two cases is that Miria and Hysteria were of comparable class, in fact Hysteria had an advantage. But here, Hysteria did not slow down (contrary to Teresa who suppressed her youki while facing an opponent who was faster than her at 0%), on the contrary. It looked that Miria slowed down since we didn't see her distorted face. So WTF?
Also, Miria was so powerful that after all this constant youki release she could easily attach her right arm. She even knows telekinesis since I don't see how she could put it in the right position with her teeth...
I also hated this chapter but I've been hating Claymore for a while now, and have continued to read and buy it because I'm a glutton for punishment.

But I don't necessarily see the Teresa development as contradictory. I've always considered Teresa's death as Claymore's first major inconsistency. Teresa being the best demon aura predictor, it shouldn't have mattered that Teresa returned to her suppressed mode. She can still read, predict, anticipate the flow of demon aura and yet we are to accept that a Priss who was experiencing her awakening event and overflowing with demon aura could surprise Teresa who couldn't really be said to have been unguarded with her Claymore in her hands and armed with her predictive yoki reading with a sneak attack. It happened because the author needed to kill Teresa.

Likewise, Miria performed the most incredible oral feat (I'd love to see what she can do on her knees) because, well it's not really clear to me why a failed death blow was necessary to induce an awakening event but whatever, Hysteria needed to get hurt to awaken.

It's stupid how people don't really die anymore. We've got 3 once dead former number ones who were resurrected, then 2 suffer what appear to be fatal injuries and yet they still manage to awaken. Looks like we fans of Teresa, Irene, Jean, Flora, Isley, and Riful can still look forward to their returns.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:05   Link #355
Nixl

Actually, I think the 3 undead Claymores only indicate that Priscilla's flesh can make zombies. By zombie, I mean it in the real sense that they are undead. Resurrection does not really seem to fit anymore and I think even Dae states they are not truly alive.

Still, I can tell that Roxanne is going to die soon and I actually really enjoyed her shenanigans. It was a good break from the MarySuemore at least for a while.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:13   Link #356
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I don't see that there's much of a distinction in what Dae said about the three. They are distined to awaken, but we also know this to be true of every warrior ever created, and that by design. It's that they do remember who they were that is the proof that they are again alive, however flawed their new bodies may be.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:14   Link #357
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
Her arm brought 3 dead claymores back to life...how much of a stretch would a headless one be? I think it really didn't matter if they were killed or not; the awakenings were inevitable.
It wouldn't be much of a stretch given how far things are already stretched, but beheading preventing it would also be perfectly reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Miria's got too much respect for her to mess with hysteria's "corpse" in retrospect that was most likely a bad move.
That's irrelevant though if she didn't even think it was necessary at all.

Quote:
Lol looks like the MIBS aren't the only ones who suck at dealing with "Dead" bodies.
I know, and it's a double joke with Miria.

Last edited by yononaka; 2011-11-07 at 17:42. Reason: getting rep for this made me notice the typos...
Old 2011-11-04, 19:15   Link #358
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
whose left arm was he talking about?
Priscilla's. She put her left arm in Raki's back so the... Destroyer's (forgot the name since it's been so long ) rods wouldn't take him over.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:16   Link #359
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I don't see that there's much of a distinction in what Dae said about the three. They are distined to awaken, but we also know this to be true of every warrior ever created, and that by design. It's that they do remember who they were that is the proof that they are again alive, however flawed their new bodies may be.
I do not know, I kind have a personal distinction between resurrection and zombies-like revival. With resurrection I always think dragon ball/dragon ball z character revivals. However, the way Hysteria died, but proceeded to get right back up makes me think of it more like zombies. That and, all of Cassandra's old wounds opened up, which seemed like that they are not truly healed or living in a sense. I guess, the way I see it is that if the bodies are imperfect then it is not full resurrection at least in the sense that I think of resurrection.

They do have their memories, but I still think they are in the category of undead.
Old 2011-11-04, 19:17   Link #360
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Miria still can attack Hysteria. She seems to be awakening rather slowly right now and Miria could do another super phantom and kill Hysteria while she is still a little disoriented from the sword in her throat.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Closed Thread