AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 14:31   Link #9121
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
AFAIK Akari is a noble(I believe it was mentioned in a chapter but I can't recall which chapter) which explains why Nikaido uses the "sama" title when referring to Akari.

I don't think the other demons would be making fun of Elsie if she's also a noble.
Probably an earned title like the retainers of feudal Japan. Elsie hardly looks like a noble, or behaves like one.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 14:33   Link #9122
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Probably an earned title like the retainers of feudal Japan. Elsie hardly looks like a noble, or behaves like one.
She doesn't have to. If she is part of a noble family, then they would have treated her like one because of her name alone.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 15:56   Link #9123
ReddyRedWolf

As long as we going for Wild Mass Guessing Elsee or LC is really Lucifer lord of hell without her memories.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 16:15   Link #9124
kagato3

Nothing stated that Akari was really nobility. The author did state she was the same type of person as Kiema if she is Elsie's sister it may explain why she is focused on Kiema as he reminds her of her sister. Given how Elsie described her as being a demon among demons she likely commands a lot of respect. The fact that the author did make a point to reinforce Elsie never saw Akari makes it highly suspect that she is someone that Elsie could identify.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 16:21   Link #9125
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura Hana View Post
WTF?! explain ...
Look at Kanon's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Nothing stated that Akari was really nobility. The author did state she was the same type of person as Kiema if she is Elsie's sister it may explain why she is focused on Kiema as he reminds her of her sister. Given how Elsie described her as being a demon among demons she likely commands a lot of respect. The fact that the author did make a point to reinforce Elsie never saw Akari makes it highly suspect that she is someone that Elsie could identify.
Exactly
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 17:11   Link #9126
MartianMage

Quote:
Like I said it was never explicitly stated but with Nikaido's comment about Roman Holiday and the honorifics she uses it somehow implies that Akari might be royalty.

And please don't argue that Elsie uses "sama" for Keima too. Elsie's usage for "sama" is way different from Nikaido's.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 17:46   Link #9127
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Like I said it was never explicitly stated but with Nikaido's comment about Roman Holiday and the honorifics she uses it somehow implies that Akari might be royalty.

And please don't argue that Elsie uses "sama" for Keima too. Elsie's usage for "sama" is way different from Nikaido's.
Adding to this, Akari seems to have the Scythe of Testament which is stated to be awarded to the best student or a demon of a noble birth in the Hell. And Haqua's scythe is the first to be given to a non-nobility demon which implies that the scythe on Akari is her proof of nobility even without being stated.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:19   Link #9128
kagato3

Quote:

No, she used dono while high in respect is not commonly used for royalty anymore that would be sama ,oujo , oujosama or hime.

while-dono denotes high status on the part of the person being addressed, it does not imply lower status on the part of the speaker, unlike-sama. It thus serves as a face-saving way for high-ranking characters to address others of high rank. Today, it's considered slightly less respectful than-sama due to the lack of self-humbling.

NoirX
not sure where you got she has the Scythe it's not shown anywhere in the main story or omake.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-11-17 at 21:14.
Old 2013-11-17, 22:07   Link #9129
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
NoirX
not sure where you got she has the Scythe it's not shown anywhere in the main story or omake.
Chapter 187, pg 17-18, Akari is clearly holding a Scythe of Testament, albeit a used one with one of the notches broken.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 22:55   Link #9130
Candyshark

Wow. If it is truely Nikaido then Keima scores more player points by having older woman calling him onii-chan~. /applaud. Now I'm even more stocked to see Keima to go back to his present self.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 00:27   Link #9131
Manic
real men love pink

Yeah if really does turn out to be her, which i dunno why it wouldnt be, its gonna be a cool scene to see how she reacts to him once he knows who she really is. Will she cut the tsun and go completely dere, or will she still act cold. Cant wait
Old 2013-11-18, 01:07   Link #9132
MartianMage

Quote:
No, she used dono while high in respect is not commonly used for royalty anymore that would be sama ,oujo , oujosama or hime.

while-dono denotes high status on the part of the person being addressed, it does not imply lower status on the part of the speaker, unlike-sama. It thus serves as a face-saving way for high-ranking characters to address others of high rank. Today, it's considered slightly less respectful than-sama due to the lack of self-humbling.

NoirX
I have no idea about the original japanese text according to the wiki she uses -sama and not -dono.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2013-11-18, 01:51   Link #9133
Asakura Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Bait and switch theory. What if the little girl isn't Elsee but her big sister. Rimuel/Akari and Elsee conveniently miss each other.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wild Mass Guessing predicts it is Miyako.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

wow... i really like your guess about miyako.. just like nikaido, she's not just a background character...

and look at that, how will the band react to that considering all of them, except elsie, is conquered by him.. and they love him back.. xD
Asakura Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 02:01   Link #9134
MartianMage

@NoirX and trenton_dawn

Nice observation there. I totally missed that scythe. =x
Old 2013-11-18, 12:17   Link #9135
kagato3

Can someone point me to where it said Haqua's scythe is the first to be given to a non noble demon. I have not been able to find it.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:39   Link #9136
MartianMage

Quote:
Can someone point me to where it said Haqua's scythe is the first to be given to a non noble demon. I have not been able to find it.
ch161 page 10

recalling all these small details is tough =x
Old 2013-11-18, 12:41   Link #9137
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura Hana View Post
wow... i really like your guess about miyako.. just like nikaido, she's not just a background character...

and look at that, how will the band react to that considering all of them, except elsie, is conquered by him.. and they love him back.. xD
Keima is definitely tempting fate saying he wont save Miyako if it ever comes.

Oh as long we are going for Wild Mass Guessing I heard an interesting one that the reason why Urara's grandpa is not aging is that the Shiratori are a family of Monobails. Holy Crystal Albatross his previous manga alien names after birds. Oh the irony. Mappy and bullies being previous characters there during middle school indicates a shared universe.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-11-18 at 13:00.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 13:07   Link #9138
kagato3

Quote:
ch161 page 10

recalling all these small details is tough =x
They only say "good families" not nobility. There is some indication Elsie's family may be well off as she could live in the dorms while Haqua could not.
Old 2013-11-18, 13:08   Link #9139
MartianMage

Well this possibility just occurred to me... Akari might be from a former noble family. Former... stripped of it's status... hence the damaged scythe of testament. Following this possibility she received the scythe before the family is stripped of it's status thus Haqua is still the first non nobility demon to receive the scythe. With this possibility Akari can logically be Elsie's big sister.

Kinda complicated so probably not it lol.

Quote:
They only say "good families" not nobility. There is some indication Elsie's family may be well off as she could live in the dorms while Haqua could not.
eh that's already just mincing words... after all when Dokurou Skull already explained that you just can't receive the scythe with just the best grades alone... are you going to argue that they would make a big deal out of Haqua's accomplishment if their meaning of "good family" simply means "well off families?"
Old 2013-11-18, 14:02   Link #9140
kagato3

Quote:
Well this possibility just occurred to me... Akari might be from a former noble family. Former... stripped of it's status... hence the damaged scythe of testament. Following this possibility she received the scythe before the family is stripped of it's status thus Haqua is still the first non nobility demon to receive the scythe. With this possibility Akari can logically be Elsie's big sister.

Kinda complicated so probably not it lol.

eh that's already just mincing words... after all when Dokurou Skull already explained that you just can't receive the scythe with just the best grades alone... are you going to argue that they would make a big deal out of Haqua's accomplishment if their meaning of "good family" simply means "well off families?"
Given she states she got it without horns, money, or connections that is exactly what is happening.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen