AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-05, 14:49   Link #1
Sizaki

My Girlfriend is a Zombie

Spoiler for Illustration (Which I suspect are actually pillows for 'lonely men'):

My Girlfriend is a Zombie, 我的女友是丧尸

Raw: http://www.qidian.com/Book/2872920.aspx
Author: Dark Lychee - 黑暗荔枝

Description
Quote:
When the disaster really broke out, Ling Mo knew that the kinds of zombies depicted in doomsday movies would, in fact, be totally different from in reality.

Normally, the most important thing to do during the end of the world is to survive, but when Ling Mo picked up his girlfriend from an abandoned bus, the trajectory of his life has been completely moved to a direction beyond his control.

The reason for all this is very simple. His girlfriend, mutated…
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/m...d-is-a-zombie/

Translation site: http://www.noodletowntranslated.com/

Spoiler for FAQ:
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 15:33   Link #2
Houraisan Kaguya
月の姫

Yay~ Finally a decent Z novel *rofl*

Anyone have spoilers about:
Spoiler for infected Shana?:

Spoiler for the dead of the ungrateful bastard?:
Houraisan Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 15:37   Link #3
Sizaki

Looking at how this is going. I guess his harem will consist of zombie girls. Shana being the one with the school uniform. Ye Lian (childhood friend/girlfriend) the one with white clothing and nodachi sword. The blonde one has yet to appear for me.
Old 2016-07-05, 16:00   Link #4
Houraisan Kaguya
月の姫

So, for the time being, all heroines should be considered Z Girls?

If you know and if it's alright to ask:
Spoiler for questions:

TY for anwering
Houraisan Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 16:13   Link #5
Sizaki

Tbh I haven't looked into the raws so I'm as clueless as you.
Spoiler for Questions:

Spoiler for Other questions:

Last edited by Sizaki; 2016-07-05 at 16:41.
Old 2016-07-06, 02:32   Link #6
pervypig

For a Chinese story, why are the characters so Jap looking, with a katana, and somehow named with Chinese names?
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 03:11   Link #7
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
For a Chinese story, why are the characters so Jap looking, with a katana, and somehow named with Chinese names?
I'm more curious at what would be more Chinese looking, past a certain point in time they all intersect.

Are you sure it's a Katana?

The koreans and chinese have their own thing, with similar shape, although the chinese abandoned it for other forms, due to their various ores/minerals available. The japanese popularized the shape, and have less types of minerals due to being an island nation, so less forms to play around with. The koreans have their own thing going with similar shape.
Old 2016-07-06, 03:40   Link #8
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
I'm more curious at what would be more Chinese looking, past a certain point in time they all intersect.

Are you sure it's a Katana?

The koreans and chinese have their own thing, with similar shape, although the chinese abandoned it for other forms, due to their various ores/minerals available. The japanese popularized the shape, and have less types of minerals due to being an island nation, so less forms to play around with. The koreans have their own thing going with similar shape.
I'm pretty sure tat's a katana, since the length of it is too far off from any traditional Chinese Martial Arts sword weapons. Amongst the Chinese Martial Arts, Dao (simply translates to blade/sabre) is their most popular slashing sword weapon. Jian (straight sword) is straight, double-edged but far thinner and shorter than the Japanese Katana. I know this cos I tried to learn Chinese MA for fun during my job stint in China.

Though I agree that past a certain pt, most north Asian cultures intersect, particular in philosophies and cuisines.
Old 2016-07-06, 04:04   Link #9
Sizaki

Just google Nodachi and you'll find the sword she's holding. It's like a long katana.

Edit: And yes, nodachi is a japanese sword. No idea why a chinese girl would have one.
Old 2016-07-06, 04:29   Link #10
Waxman

Why would Morpheus have one in the Matrix movies? Why would Blade hunt vampires with one? Why did Bruce Willis had one in Pulp Fiction? I believe even Highlander had one right? I would be more curious if she had a rapier.
You can't give a girl an axe or a chainsaw to fight zombies after all.
Speaking of fighting, does someone else appear to have similiar abilities to the MCs? Or any other weird ability?
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 05:44   Link #11
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Why would Morpheus have one in the Matrix movies? Why would Blade hunt vampires with one? Why did Bruce Willis had one in Pulp Fiction? I believe even Highlander had one right? I would be more curious if she had a rapier.
Speaking of fighting, does someone else appear to have similiar abilities to the MCs? Or any other weird ability?
Katanas are cool looking, but when it comes to Jap (or Asian-looking) high-school girl, anything from rocket launchers to massive iron ball and chain are fair game. I mean you even see it for real in Kill Bill.
Old 2016-07-06, 06:08   Link #12
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
You sure?
Spoiler for pictures:
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-08, 18:18   Link #13
Yoburi

My god this novel is good BUT DAMN Ye Lian the first zombie girl the one in white dress in the pictures isn`t the MC grifirend AT ALL!

First of all they were just chieldhood friends that only live next door while the MC is a nerd guy with no education she was in university and is smoking hot and even kind to the point of going to the MC to make a meal to him to help him since his parents are dead BUT there is no way she was in love with him i not even sure if she have a boyfriend herself.

So i very curious to see what happend when she gets her sanity back the MC trully loves and respects her so he won`t do anything improper but can he earn her love too even after saving her.

So my Girfriend is a zombie is nothing but a lie he wish she was his GF the title should be MY Zombie is smoking hot so i want her to be my girfriend lol.

Also MC gets stronger when his zombie kills and eats the brain of another like summoner in a RPG and that makes him control more zombies so i guess thats makes him kinda of a necromancer with 0 spells.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 02:27   Link #14
Sizaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
My god this novel is good BUT DAMN Ye Lian the first zombie girl the one in white dress in the pictures isn`t the MC grifirend AT ALL!

First of all they were just chieldhood friends that only live next door while the MC is a nerd guy with no education she was in university and is smoking hot and even kind to the point of going to the MC to make a meal to him to help him since his parents are dead BUT there is no way she was in love with him i not even sure if she have a boyfriend herself.

So i very curious to see what happend when she gets her sanity back the MC trully loves and respects her so he won`t do anything improper but can he earn her love too even after saving her.

So my Girfriend is a zombie is nothing but a lie he wish she was his GF the title should be MY Zombie is smoking hot so i want her to be my girfriend lol.

Also MC gets stronger when his zombie kills and eats the brain of another like summoner in a RPG and that makes him control more zombies so i guess thats makes him kinda of a necromancer with 0 spells.
The title is more or less pointing towards the future. There's plenty of titles out there that doesn't really make any sense until later. For example, Berserk, it only made sense after chapter 200 or something.
Old 2016-07-09, 02:49   Link #15
Rasty

There are also many titles that make sense only till chapter 10 or so, and there is even more titles that never make sense... (for example Date a Live... what does that even mean?)
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 07:13   Link #16
pervypig

Then there are those titles that tells you more than what you need to know like: "There's no way my little sister is this cute", which screams incest for what is introduced to be the worst possible attitude problem sibling since Louis coined the term 'tsundere'.
Old 2020-02-24, 20:24   Link #17
Pierre

I like this, but how are you going to have the MC yuri ntr'd by one of his harem members with another member?
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-24, 21:24   Link #18
Greenish Growth

So the English translation is up to chapter 375 eh? It's moving right along.

I got up to chapter 505 a long time ago and then stopped.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 07:52   Link #19
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

The manga is already to where MC went snu snu with Ye Lian and Shana.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 15:47   Link #20
VooXoo

Shana regained a personality fast but it was different from her true self, in the recent manhua chapters she said to have recovered her memories but her personality is the new one, a pity, I liked the serious class prez aura she had.
I wonder if the MC power even makes the Zombie servants love him, impossible to check with his girlfriend but Shana change was big.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mature, romance, true harem, zombie apocalypse