Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-30, 12:52   Link #3381
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Roman gladiators didn't always (or often) fight to the death. Training gladiators is expensive.

(Though I suppose they also sent death row convicts into the arena, possibly with gladiator gear.)
only criminals were sent to fight to the Death.

Most Gladiators even slaves were treated pretty well. The fight is more along the line of the WWE wrestling then a real fight to death.
Old 2014-08-30, 14:23   Link #3382
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Roman gladiators didn't always (or often) fight to the death. Training gladiators is expensive.

(Though I suppose they also sent death row convicts into the arena, possibly with gladiator gear.)
well, it depend on a few things like the age( republic/empire )or the public.

the first fights were fight to death, with a lot of different fighter(slaves,prisoner,criminal). it was just a group of people killing each other for the bloodlust of the spectators(add here some festivity, ceremony)

with the time, gladiators became a symbol/business , so it preferable preserve a few individual, its for the show after all !

its true that a gladiator training is a expensive business, but like always this only affect to certain groups(schools), the rest of the fighter are meat-bags(someone need to lose )

of course, the dead matches are present in all the ages, it was a way to gain "fame/money"

Quote:
only criminals were sent to fight to the Death.
not quite true, only a few criminals were received in the area,.. it also depend on the crime..there are a lot of option like....death in the market plaza, blindness, lash, etc..
Old 2014-09-03, 02:59   Link #3383
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Chapter is out and I gotta say, this is probably the first Magi chapter that I try to finish asap....It's just so weird seeing everyboy talked to the fetus and worshiped it. I feel like I want to punch Ugo in the face for telling that white lie. Has he learn nothing from Solomon's mistake ? And I feel kinda bad for the Djinn, they have to give up their real body and stay in that form forever, they should have the right to know the truth.

And in the end, I think Ugo still screw up, I think he actually give Al-Thamen a chance to come back with the new world he's constructing.
Old 2014-09-03, 03:17   Link #3384
hamazura
whatever

meanwhile origin dragons and red lions dont give a f at all
Old 2014-09-03, 08:26   Link #3385
Bogart
Banned

How are Al Tharem responsible for poverty and wars?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 08:45   Link #3386
Redhazard
Desert Man

Ugo, did you just leave Aladdin as an embryo for 1000 years?

You're the worst babysitter ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Well, they messed up Balbadd pretty bad.

I mean, it's not like they are the only cause of it, but Black Rukh is easier to get when people are being all hateful and miserable.

Really, they should have just told people Solomon's story. That would have gotten everyone going, "Screw Solomon!"
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 09:00   Link #3387
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Aren't the Fanalis the Red Lions? Or is my memory failing me here?
Old 2014-09-03, 09:14   Link #3388
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Aren't the Fanalis the Red Lions? Or is my memory failing me here?
you are not wrong.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 09:16   Link #3389
Kazu-kun

So, in the end, Ugo is the god of the new world. Heck, his world doesn't even completely adhere to Solomon's will, even if it's influenced by it. This is truly Ugo's world.

Another interesting thing to note is that the rukh inside Aladdin, what makes him a magi, isn't Solomon's but Sheba's, so he's her proxy, not his. Though he's actually no one's proxy. He's his own person, and ultimately will follow his own heart more than Solomon's will or Ugu's designs or whatever.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-09-03 at 09:27.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 09:33   Link #3390
Slayerx

This last chapter is pretty much the only chapter i Actually wanted to read out of this entire flashback. Info on what this world is, all its secrets and origins. The rest of it has been a rather boring slog... Really, never was able to get attached to any of the characters at all, so seeing them go though tragedy and such just came off as a big "Meh". The flashback wasn't long enough to give the characters enough development for me to care about them, and it was so long that without that development the story was just kind of boring... really i think Solomon's story would have been better off as a spin-off manga, like Sinbad's story, rather than squeezed into a single arc like this. Sounds like its finally over and we can get back to the main story.
Old 2014-09-03, 10:03   Link #3391
dazo

yeah....this is bs chapter --- i loved it

is ugo worst than arba?

the dude is playing with the world(and he cheat!! ) *he used the "how do you turn this on" code ....vroom vroom *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
they are so badass that they begin to reach the limit of badassery......and are pushing it hard!

Quote:
corruption....using the kou empire power they buy other country leaders, in that way they can control foreign countries...but the kou empire isnt a bad country per se.

Quote:
So, in the end, Ugo is the god of the new world. Heck, his world doesn't even completely adhere to Solomon's will, even if it's influenced by it. This is truly Ugo's world.

and, his "rules" are just...when this dude become such a manipulator, silly djins

Quote:
Another interesting thing to note is that the rukh inside Aladdin, what makes him a magi, isn't Solomon's but Sheba's, so he's her proxy, not his. Though he's actually no one's proxy. He's his own person, and ultimately will follow his own heart more than Solomon's will or Ugu's designs or whatever.
the interesting thing is how aladdin appear in this chapter(that dark side...that hate to his destine...)...and how many information he have in his head.....

hehe, he is going to follow his heart that was raised by ugo....as the .."savior" *king of existence*

the next chap is aladdin desire...i expect a real desire and not a bs(morality correct, "lets be friend") answer

Last edited by dazo; 2014-09-03 at 10:21.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 10:11   Link #3392
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

After reading this chapter it made me want to go back and re-read all of Aladdin's interactions with the Djinn (Amon, Paimon and Zagan at least) and...it's actually quite interesting how the author played them out.
The first two, they had a little silent conversation with Ugo (no doubt where he informs them of who Aladdin is but to keep quiet about his heritage) and you can see that their reactions and the way they spoke to Aladdin was filled with respect because he isn't just a Magi, he's the son of Sheba and Solomon. Sure, Djinn respect Magi in general but you can see Paimon and Amon have a moment where they react in shock, possibly when they realize who Aladdin is.
Well played Ohtaka-sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
the next chap is aladdin desire...i expect a real desire and not a bs(morality correct, "lets be friend") answer
We already know what his wish was, it's in the start of the manga (more or less). He did wish for Ugo to be his friend.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 10:15   Link #3393
dazo

Quote:
We already know what his wish was, it's in the start of the manga (more or less). He did wish for Ugo to be his friend.
really.. i forgot....but now that you say it....yes...i remember something like that.
Old 2014-09-03, 10:16   Link #3394
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had totally forgotten about the Torran tribe. Makes sense that they were the original magicians/humans of Alma Torran. Now, every secrets have been revealed. We can finally go back to the present. I'm very curious to find out how the various parties have reacted to this story.
Old 2014-09-03, 10:18   Link #3395
hamazura
whatever

solomon is not this world's creator and god. its ugo! damn it solomon takes all credit

and all secret has been revealed, i hope it wont be just world vs al-thamen bullshit like naruto. its so boring. there are still so much to explore.
Old 2014-09-03, 10:30   Link #3396
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
he is going to follow his heart that was raised by ugo....as the .."savior" *king of existence*
I don't think Aladdin will ever become king. That's what Ugo would have wanted, no doubt, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Aladdin wants. Besides, despite Aladdin's awesome heritage, I think the one who can really change the world is Alibaba, and Aladdin probably can tell, if only unconsciously. There's a reason he chose him as his king candidate after all.
Old 2014-09-03, 11:02   Link #3397
Raviel

I wonder what Mor's true Red Lion/Fanalis form looks like and speaking of the Red Lions, I wonder why they end up taking human forms the further away from their homeland they get.

Also, I'm calling it now, somehow some way, we will eventually get a "Southern Continent" arc because I'm sure at least one King Candidate will want to meet the Origin Dragon.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 11:04   Link #3398
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think Aladdin will ever become king. That's what Ugo would have wanted, no doubt, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Aladdin wants. Besides, despite Aladdin's awesome heritage, I think the one who can really change the world is Alibaba, and Aladdin probably can tell, if only unconsciously. There's a reason he chose him as his king candidate after all.
If Ugo wanted Aladdin to be king, he wouldn't have made him a Magi.

Okay, so instead of asking how Al Tharem are responsible, why wouldn't there be any poverty or war in the new world? How exactly was this supposed to be achieved? Nothing I've noticed from the series would indicate anything like a perfect world of plenty where everyone is content.

Is it the fact that Solomon's will pervades the world? Wouldn't that mean that rather than free will, basically everyone is being controlled by Solomon to either cooperate, work hard, and not steal from one another? What happened to that free will?

Al Tharem might employ discrepancies in personal wealth and ideologies to spurn people to hatred and violence, but doesn't it seem like those things would still exist in the world even without them?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 11:15   Link #3399
Raviel

Quote:

Okay, so instead of asking how Al Tharem are responsible, why wouldn't there be any poverty or war in the new world? How exactly was this supposed to be achieved? Nothing I've noticed from the series would indicate anything like a perfect world of plenty where everyone is content.

Is it the fact that Solomon's will pervades the world? Wouldn't that mean that rather than free will, basically everyone is being controlled by Solomon to either cooperate, work hard, and not steal from one another? What happened to that free will?

Al Tharem might employ discrepancies in personal wealth and ideologies to spurn people to hatred and violence, but doesn't it seem like those things would still exist in the world even without them?
I think that is where King of the new world is suppose to come in....

Anyway, I think whatever plans Ugo had for the new world is now a moot point considering he's basically entrusted everything to Aladdin already.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 11:29   Link #3400
Kazu-kun

Quote:
He didn't make him a magi because he wanted to. Aladdin already had the nature of a magi thanks to Sheba.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen