AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 11:01   Link #2761
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
um why did the hollow choose to bite her instead of turning her into ribbons like the fodder shinigami?
He was hungry for some human :P. Still she should have a chuck of her bitten off. so how does she seem fine when they first met? or does this happen after they saw each other on that rainy night? What I would like to know is why didn't Aizen carry on the poject and who was the shinigami that he used.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:29   Link #2762
SDM

So would this hollow losing an arm have any connection to ichigo`s bankai. Maybe the cut off arm was saved and can be turned into a new sword for ichigo.
SDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:32   Link #2763
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

How can she catch a hollow with bare hands??? and using that head-shot?!
omg.. that's badass indeed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:41   Link #2764
Richocet
Lover of Purity

For a second when Isshin put his hand in front of his face before blowing fire, I thought that he had a mask as well and I thought WTF Kubo lol
But looks like Masaki is where Ichigo got his badass-during-fights genes from
Old 2013-04-03, 12:07   Link #2765
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
For a second when Isshin put his hand in front of his face before blowing fire, I thought that he had a mask as well and I thought WTF Kubo lol
haha, me too! it was the same pose. also, now that we have a better understanding of the timeline here, where was isshin during the 'turn back the pendulum arc'? he was the only captain missing at the time
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 12:46   Link #2766
Langus
Optimus Prime

GD Masaki! Great end to the chapter.

Looks like I was right about "White" being created from a shinigami. Question now is whose soul he/she was based on. Obviously I was wrong about my Kaien guess, but who else could it be hmmmm....
Old 2013-04-03, 13:16   Link #2767
JustRob

Ofcourse, what a plot twist. Ofcourse Aizen steals another one of Kisuke's inventions. Honestly, does that guy have any creative mind at all?
Old 2013-04-03, 14:14   Link #2768
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Looks like I was right about "White" being created from a shinigami. Question now is whose soul he/she was based on. Obviously I was wrong about my Kaien guess, but who else could it be hmmmm....
logically, it should be a notable and strong shinigami, but i dont think we have seen anyone who could fit that bill who isn't around anymore. the old 6th squad captain i assume retired into the central 46 chamber or just retired. so that doesn't really leave anyone aside from a new character. maybe one of the defeated kenpachis?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:14   Link #2769
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Ofcourse, what a plot twist. Ofcourse Aizen steals another one of Kisuke's inventions. Honestly, does that guy have any creative mind at all?
WEll he did make shinigami/hollows hybrids.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:15   Link #2770
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's weird that against Aizen, Isshin didn't use his zanpakuto but he was strong as hell but according to Aizen he needs the bankai to take down that Hollow.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:33   Link #2771
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

As cool as it is, I saw ichigo's mom being a bad ass a mile away. They would a caught hell if they made her a oorihime.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:49   Link #2772
Eragon
Still Alive

And now I know why Ichigo seemed cool in the very beginning of the series.

That stunt was so totally awesome that I can forgive Kubo somewhat for the Unohana debacle.

And why did Tousen get so many lines and not Gin?!! "Whitey" really? really? He deserves to be Ceroed on principle

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-04-04 at 14:10.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:58   Link #2773
ChampDream
Alive

it was cool how Ichigo's mom was all badass! so I guess after that Aizen begin to take interest in her and the quincies
Old 2013-04-03, 16:50   Link #2774
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think the Kaien incident happened after the isshin one since rukia doesn't know who isshin is. also, we pretty much know what happened to kaien. he was absorbed by that hollow in SS, which in turn was absorbed by espada #9 whose name is impossible to remember. something like aaronaro but i refuse to look it up since it's ridiculous =)
Aaroniero Arurueri. It was so ridiculous I had to remember it.
Old 2013-04-03, 16:51   Link #2775
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Too bad that the coolest female this show has had so far winds up being Aizen's fodder.

I like Masaki!
Old 2013-04-03, 17:58   Link #2776
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It's weird that against Aizen, Isshin didn't use his zanpakuto but he was strong as hell but according to Aizen he needs the bankai to take down that Hollow.
It seems explainable to me. It's obviously a modified hollow designed to be a step above the norm afterall. So here's the first possibility:
-If Isshin is under the effect of a Gentei Reiin (which would hold back 80% of his power), Aizen probably felt that his creation should be at least strong enough to best an injured captain running on 20% power that can't even use bankai anymore.
Now here's the 2nd possibility
-The hollow is based off Aizen's own soul. So if Isshin isn't under the effect of a Gentei Reiin, he'd still have a difficult time fighting what could very well be a Vasto Lorde level hollow (based on a formidable shinigami) in his current condition.

What I find interesting about this chapter is that it more or less confirms at this point that Ichigo's conception was indeed nothing more than an amazingly fortunate coincidence for Aizen. Because lets face it--this whole trial is not going according to plan. That's to say, he didn't plan for a captain to show up. He didn't plan for that hollow to be defeated. And he certainty didn't plan for a female Quincy to be the one responsible for that.

For all intents and purposes, this experiment should be a complete failure. But for whatever reason, Aizen clearly sees wonderful new possibilities arise the moment something goes wrong.

My prediction--this hollow was created based on Aizen's own soul and spiritual energy (thus explaining his high expectations for the hollows performance). So through this whole debacle, Masaki will inadvertently take on both traces of this hollows soul and Aizen's which will then be passed onto Ichigo in time. Of course, the bit about Aizen being the shinigami this hollow was created after is a bit of a stretch. But I like the prospect of Ichigo's soul possibly having a tiny bit of Aizen in it as it would provide further evidence to support his inherent potential and rate of growth.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 18:16   Link #2777
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

That one scene solidified Masaki's awesome in my mind forever.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 19:32   Link #2778
Deathscyther

Wow, Ichigo's mom is badass!

Hmm, the reason why Ōetsu didn't allow Ichigo to pass the test is getting clearer. He said the reason was because Ichigo's not a real shinigami, but just a human without a Zanpakuto. Basically a shinigami is the soul of a dead person wielding a Zanpakuto. Apparently, when a Shinigami joins the Gotei 13, he/she is given a nameless Zanpakutō, an Asauchi (we've seen people who got it through other ways though: Ichigo and Kenpachi), which he/she carries around at all times, which in turn imprints the essence of his/her soul in the Asauchi, creating his/her own Zanpakutō. Since Ichigo isn't dead, but is able to wield an Asauchi, he's been dubbed a substitute shinigami. But this isn't the reason why Ōetsu says that he's not a real shinigami. What matters is that Ichigo didn't imprint the essence of his soul in his Asauchi.

Ichigo's soul is made out of a lot of different elements. He's been fighting with all kinds of inherited powers, but can we say that he has been fighting with his own? Some examples:
Spoiler for examples:

We've seen Human Ichigo, then Shinigami Ichigo, then Hollow Ichigo, then Fullbringer Ichigo and now we'll probably see Quincy Ichigo. In order to create his own real Zanpakuto he'll probably have to combine all these parts of his soul/power and imprint these into his Asauchi. The reason why he can't do that now is because he doesn't even know about /understand parts of his own soul. That's why he has to go back to his roots first. He has already learned that his father was a shinigami and he also knows how he got his fullbring powers, but he doesn't know much about the others (Hollow and Quincy) yet. He'll probably go back to his 'rainy world' and maybe meet his mother there. Zangetsu and Whitey will probably be there too.

I also wonder who the shinigami that was used to create 'Whitey' was. Zangetsu? And Ichigo's Asauchi took his shape somehow? The Asauchi at Ōetsu's place, who were fighting Ichigo and Renji, were all faceless after all. So they probably change shape according to the soul of the user. It might be a random shinigami 'kidnapped' by Aizen and co too though..:P
Old 2013-04-03, 20:09   Link #2779
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm more and more starting to doubt Masaki was killed, especially the way we were told. She didn't even need equipment to fight; unless that schoolgirl outfit somehow counts, though she doesn't even have the gloves.
Old 2013-04-03, 22:19   Link #2780
ImperialFlameGod8190

at this point bleach has become a joke sorry to say it was good but like with naruto its become so ridiculous its not funny plus again everything points back to aizen and honestly it seems like this whole quincy arc is designed to answer all the questions people may have had.
But another interesting question arises in all this. How has isshin been hiding his spiritual energy this whole time I mean rukia had been in his house all this time and clearly met his dad how did she not sense him and also how come rangiku didn't sense her old captains power once she came to see ichigo and persuade him to stay
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter