AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-31, 17:53   Link #21
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

Same here. If it had english subtitles I would probably pay for the native discs. I get asked at least once a week (not the same people but it does average out) if the next episode is out yet. The only one that gets asked after that much would be Petopeto (among the adults).

One thing to note: most of the people who REALLY enjoy Kamichu ARE adults or in the adult range of taste and thus are more prone to complain about quality than the average anime leech. I think that's why so many groups have tried so hard to make releases that hold up to the standard that Kamichu can represent. A slightly bad encoding (marring the great visuals), a minor translation mistake (changing the feel and meaning), things like this are much more painful for a show like this than for one of the more popular ones.

It's one thing to release a good fansub. The problem is this series makes even the fansubbers want to do better than "good". Kind of hard to fault them for that. Especially considering that most of us are only able to help them by looking real hard at the screen and hoping that the next episodes will appear on the listing. (At least that's all I can do. My total grasp of Japanese is ALMOST as good as Les Nesmans--WKRP in Cincinnati-- grasp of Spanish. If you are old enough to know what I am talking about, go to bed now! You have bingo in the morning.)
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 05:47   Link #22
mj_mjohnson
Anything but Cliche

Smile

I'm glad to hear that Kayle. I was concerned that it was falling off the radar entirely as I hadn't seen any recent activity, especially since shows with schoolgirl-maid-magicalgirl romantic action comedies seem to be coming out at an amazing rate in comparison.

It also seems to me to not be the typical fare that North American companies jump out and license, since it's deeply steeped in Japanese culture (which is one of the main reasons why I've grown to love the show).

So here's "gambatte kudasai" well-wish, and I'll do my best to promote the show within my local anime circles.
mj_mjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 06:04   Link #23
NeoSam

Covers of DVDs: (6 of 8)

Moe~ covers :P

DVDs 7 and 8:

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-03-04 at 15:42.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 14:24   Link #24
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stxopher
One thing to note: most of the people who REALLY enjoy Kamichu ARE adults or in the adult range of taste and thus are more prone to complain about quality than the average anime leech.
It seems that they are mainly men who are married with children (excuse the pun). The added production quality is sure appreciated. In fact, what hooked me to the show is the opening where Yurie's classmates scooted their chair over to converse. A simple event, but animated oh so painstakingly detailed you can even feel the ruffles in the skirts and the strain on the desk as an elbow is laid on top of it.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 14:54   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Stxopher and DaFool both hit on points that ring true for me ... the care in the sound engineering and the animation, the treatment of smalltown shinto, just the whole freaking atmosphere .... nice call on this appealing to married guys with kids ... this show is certainly easy to share with just about any one with a clue.
Old 2006-01-03, 19:08   Link #26
DeuceTrick

A group calling itself "Chuchuchuu" has subbed Episode 6.

I don't know if it's kosher to tell you where, so I won't. And these guys don't seem to be out to make any friends, since they haven't subbed any of the previous episodes. But there you go-- it's news.
DeuceTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:23   Link #27
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTrick

I don't know if it's kosher to tell you where, so I won't. And these guys don't seem to be out to make any friends, since they haven't subbed any of the previous episodes. But there you go-- it's news.
Want even better news then, IItrans just came out the the dvd issue of my favourite episode [number 4 ). It's Team Happiness and the Pink Tentacle Alien of Moe.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:25   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:

I believe that this episode is subbed from the DVD version, based on it's legth of 24:43 which should be 1:20 longer than the TV version.

As for where to find it? Try looking at www.AnimeSuki.com and you'll see the answer.

Does anyone have a website or irc information about Chuchuchuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Want even better news then, IItrans just came out the the dvd issue of my favourite episode [number 4 ). It's Team Happiness and the Pink Tentacle Alien of Moe.
Where is it? I don't see it on their usual site. Have they not put it up yet?

Edit: Oh. Are you referring to the episode 4 on that site with all the licensed anime? That isn't from DVD. It is just a new torrent for the same TV version episode 4 that has been out for ages.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 21:40   Link #29
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Edit: Oh. Are you referring to the episode 4 on that site with all the licensed anime? That isn't from DVD. It is just a new torrent for the same TV version episode 4 that has been out for ages.

Opps (remove foot from mouth). Anyway, looks like I'll have to see what this new group has done with the show.

I forgot, was episode 6 the one where Yurie had the "out of body" experiance?
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 22:19   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Damn.. ya'll went and got me all excited that perhaps iitran's DVD 4 sub was out...

((I suspect this is one of those that'll never see the light of R1 ..... sigh))
Old 2006-01-03, 23:32   Link #31
eean

Quote:

Heh, they're making friends of me. I don't see why fansubbers feel the need to sub episodes which already have quality fansubs available (certainly the case with Kamichu).

Though I am having trouble with the x264. Erm I'll go find that one decoding thread.
eean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 23:46   Link #32
molitar

Quote:
Heh, they're making friends of me. I don't see why fansubbers feel the need to sub episodes which already have quality fansubs available (certainly the case with Kamichu).
I have to say I agree. Why sub what has already been subbed in good quality? Rather have some new episodes than repeats of an already subbed episodes UNLESS the original subs were bad.. Since that isn't the case with Kamichu glad to see an episode 6 finally. Now I just need to demux the mkv file so I can change the subs to centered. Seems they goofed and have subs right justified and not centered.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 00:16   Link #33
Kayle

Eps 4 and 5 have not been released from dvd sources yet...
Kayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 00:42   Link #34
arias

I just picked up on Kamichu after reading this thread.

One of the most "Ghibli-like" anime, from what I've seen of the first episode. This is in terms of the sheer amount of work put into the subtlety of the animation.. emotions and mannerisms are immaculately animated. I likes. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes...
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 00:47   Link #35
DeuceTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eean

Though I am having trouble with the x264. Erm I'll go find that one decoding thread.
Well, yes, we leechers are quite happy. I'm still going to follow IIchan's work, though, since they're so consistently stellar.

I had trouble too-- all you need is fddshow, or whatever that's called. It's under the playback help link on the main page.
Old 2006-01-04, 00:49   Link #36
DeuceTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
This is in terms of the sheer amount of work put into the subtlety of the animation.. emotions and mannerisms are immaculately animated. I likes. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes...
Oh, yeah... In the first episode, when Matsuri says "Hitosubashi Yurie-san!" I was all O_O. Honestly never seen that amount of attention before.
Old 2006-01-04, 01:52   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eean
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
I have to say I agree. Why sub what has already been subbed in good quality? Rather have some new episodes than repeats of an already subbed episodes UNLESS the original subs were bad..
What both of you fail to understand is that iichan is subbing episodes that DO NOT have good subs available. iichan is re-subbing these episodes because the TV versions lack scenes. If you haven't seen the DVD versions that iichan is still doing, then you haven't seen the entire episodes. In the case of Kamichu, DVD version doesn't just mean video quality -- it means another minute and a half of animation.

Kamichu episodes 4-5 still do NOT have a good fansub. I'm looking forward to seeing the iichan version.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 02:32   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

According to the iichan site, #4 (dvd) is being cleaned up for release (holidays and all). Seriously, as good as the tv versions were, these dvd versions are much better.

It clinches buying these puppies when they get R1 released for me.... maybe R2 if they wait too long.

((I can't figure out why the 'chu' group started with DVD #6 unless they weren't paying enough attention to notice the #4 and #5 torrents were of the tv versions. ... not really fond of jump ahead stuff but eh, maybe they're practicing - I'll stick with iichan))
Old 2006-01-04, 03:05   Link #39
Rob

Send a message via ICQ to Rob
Well, I can't say what "Chuchuchuu" is thinking, but as far as episodes 4 and 5 go... I've already watched the first HDTV version, I'm going to watch IIchan's DVD versions, and I'm (hopefully) going to watch the DVDs I buy if Kamichu becomes licensed. While I appreciate IIchan's work and consider that their version of the series will probably be the best, I haven't seen a new episode of Kamichu for 4 months! I need my fix!!
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 03:41   Link #40
Kerooooo
e-pen0r detector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
According to the iichan site, #4 (dvd) is being cleaned up for release (holidays and all). Seriously, as good as the tv versions were, these dvd versions are much better.

It clinches buying these puppies when they get R1 released for me.... maybe R2 if they wait too long.

((I can't figure out why the 'chu' group started with DVD #6 unless they weren't paying enough attention to notice the #4 and #5 torrents were of the tv versions. ... not really fond of jump ahead stuff but eh, maybe they're practicing - I'll stick with iichan))
The pope said : "download everything Kamichu! and thus there will be worldpeace."
/me downloads like a mindless pope-zombie
Kerooooo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slice of life