AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 01:38   Link #61
arkxkra
全力全開

omg, he sneak into marina room, tat was a pros skill, .
Old 2008-01-14, 05:51   Link #62
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Well, it just seems a bith hypocritical of Setsuna to first scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name, and then himself giving out his name to Marina. Of course, one could explain as some kind of Seiei's talent to judge people or on some cosmic connection they share, but both arguments seem just weak to me... But hey, he's just 16, right?
The scolding was one thing. And his name was his own to give, wasn't it? It's not like they could track him down anyways.

We're only human, being hypocrites at the best of times and assholes somewhere down the middle. I think Setsuna is illustrating that aspect of human nature rather well. Surely you can't always be honest when it comes to criticizing yourself. Take this argument for an example. I can call you a jerk while you can claim you're just playing the Devil's Advocate. You can call me ignorant while I can claim that I'm just speculating about Setsuna's character. It's all based on where you're looking from, really.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 06:44   Link #63
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

A'right, Setsuna may be illustrating this human aspect. But it still does not change that in this particular case, he seemed to be hypocritical. As for him giving out his name, it is not like he has an absolute right to decide. He is a part of a larger organization, goddammit. He is not like SEED Destiny's FAITH (silly thing, btw) and cannot just run around, deciding everything by himself.

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-01-14 at 07:09.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:25   Link #64
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
A'right, Setsuna may be illustrating this human aspect. But it still does not change that in this particular case, he seemed to be hypocritical. As for him giving out his name, it is not like he has an absolute right to decide. He is a part of a larger organization, goddammit. He is not like SEED Destiny's FAITH (silly thing, btw) and cannot just run around, deciding everything by himself.
I see your point. Thing is, his mother referred to him as something else other than the name he told Marina. It just seems somewhat unlikely that he's being straightforward and not screwing with her now that you think about it. You can also look in terms that he no longer holds his name an important information that he has to step on (No one in the Meister crew seems to really have a real family. They're mostly either dead or isn't introduced yet).

FAITH is more like an independent unit that acts directly under Durandal (AKA Durandal's lapdog/tool/bitch. And, yes, it is silly.). CB is something completely different (secret society thing, etc.). If anyone seems to be CB's leader, it's Veda.
Old 2008-01-14, 10:11   Link #65
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Just to make it clear: By no means I tried to state that FAITH is analogous to CB in ANY way I just mentioned this SEED Destiny organization because its members were given great freedom in their judgement. Unlike CB Meisters, I think, as they HAVE to listen to orders or else they shall be incarcerated just like Hallelujah.

Quote:
see your point. Thing is, his mother referred to him as something else other than the name he told Marina. It just seems somewhat unlikely that he's being straightforward and not screwing with her now that you think about it. You can also look in terms that he no longer holds his name an important information that he has to step on
Well, then I see no reason why he should EVER be so tight about the name secrecy. His scolding of Hallelujah was just plain unfair then. There could be many explanations. But all of them just don't seem strong enough to question the fact that Setsuna turned out to be a hypocrite In this case, this "human error" factor makes the character less likable to me, rather than make me feel more attached to him.
Old 2008-01-14, 12:18   Link #66
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:

Well, then I see no reason why he should EVER be so tight about the name secrecy. His scolding of Hallelujah was just plain unfair then. There could be many explanations. But all of them just don't seem strong enough to question the fact that Setsuna turned out to be a hypocrite In this case, this "human error" factor makes the character less likable to me, rather than make me feel more attached to him.
So I guess you would feel more attached to characters who make no mistakes and in the long run act like emotionless robots, am I right?
Old 2008-01-14, 12:22   Link #67
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So I guess you would feel more attached to characters who make no mistakes and in the long run act like emotionless robots, am I right?
Wrong conclusion. I feel attached to characters that do not leave to me an impression of being hypocritical. Ignorant maybe. But never hypocritical.
Old 2008-01-15, 06:34   Link #68
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Wrong conclusion. I feel attached to characters that do not leave to me an impression of being hypocritical. Ignorant maybe. But never hypocritical.
I got the same impression from reading your post, really. You must be a Heero fan. The preference fits the description.

*Throws salt at you*
Old 2008-01-15, 07:54   Link #69
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NominalBeast View Post
I got the same impression from reading your post, really. You must be a Heero fan. The preference fits the description.

*Throws salt at you*
Haha. I'm a Dearka, Shinn and Kira fan. Actually, I'm a fan of pretty much every positive character in SEED

And my favorite character in Gundam 00 is Lockon Stratos and my least favorite so far is Tieria Erde. Hence you may see that I rather like kind or/and emotional characters whilst "heartless bastards" type really doesn't appeal to me at all

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-01-15 at 08:21.
Old 2008-01-20, 05:15   Link #70
Julao

did setsuna went into marina's room just to ask one question, or he just wanted

to see her before the ensuing battle between CB and the "UNION, HRL & AEU"

alliance begins.

If so, then she made marina really worried about him.........hehehe XD

Last edited by Julao; 2008-01-20 at 05:56. Reason: grammar error
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 05:59   Link #71
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Haha. I'm a Dearka, Shinn and Kira fan. Actually, I'm a fan of pretty much every positive character in SEED

And my favorite character in Gundam 00 is Lockon Stratos and my least favorite so far is Tieria Erde. Hence you may see that I rather like kind or/and emotional characters whilst "heartless bastards" type really doesn't appeal to me at all
Yeah, but Setsuna is Heero, Lockon is Duo, Allelujah is Trowa, and Tieria is both Quatre and Wufei.

So you should like Tieria too, because deep down inside, we know he's actually a quite a sweetheart, but only when his Gundam is naked.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 06:48   Link #72
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
did setsuna went into marina's room just to ask one question, or he just wanted

to see her before the ensuing battle between CB and the "UNION, HRL & AEU"

alliance begins.

If so, then she made marina really worried about him.........hehehe XD
Even if that may not be what his reason was for, I'm taking that as a reason since they are slowly becoming my 2nd OTP after SasuSaku that is...
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 16:44   Link #73
musicalcroc

When did Setsuna scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name? I thought he told Allelujah not to talk about the weakness of Ptolemaios?
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 18:32   Link #74
FireChick

Quote:
When did Setsuna scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name? I thought he told Allelujah not to talk about the weakness of Ptolemaios?
No, I think that was Tieria that did that.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 18:45   Link #75
Terra

It was Setsuna. Teiria had already left to return to the Ptolemy by that point.
Old 2008-01-21, 20:34   Link #76
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
Even if that may not be what his reason was for, I'm taking that as a reason since they are slowly becoming my 2nd OTP after SasuSaku that is...
after watching ep 15, I'm rooting for Setsuna/Nena even though I haven't seen Nena outside from character art. don't really like Setsuna/Marina because of age difference, and I like Nena's design from what I've seen
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 20:54   Link #77
Papaya
Sup

Neena's gonna be the one that ignites his spark, Marina's going to be the one that takes him forever.

See Kira with Fllay and Lacus.
Old 2008-02-04, 11:11   Link #78
Julao

first setsuna, now neena........I wonder how Marina is going to react when she

finds out about neena....?????
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:12   Link #79
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Neena's gonna be the one that ignites his spark, Marina's going to be the one that takes him forever.

See Kira with Fllay and Lacus.
Fllay didn't have a gundam and she was loved by Kira.
This doesn't happen here: Setsuna is disgusted by Neena, not to mention he consider her an enemy, not a "fellow Gundam Meinster".
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:46   Link #80
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Fllay didn't have a gundam and she was loved by Kira.
This doesn't happen here: Setsuna is disgusted by Neena, not to mention he consider her an enemy, not a "fellow Gundam Meinster".
Yeah, well Neena's name is Neena, and Fllay's name is Fllay.

There are going to be differences, but if prior Gundam series are any indication, this is probably going to happen. The predictable writing is just SCREAMING it.