AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-26, 09:30   Link #1601
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

But would Kallen really die for the sake of Zero? I mean we saw her willing about to die in episode 6 so I guess its not so farfetch'd
And episode 2, I guess, where she was prepared to sacrifie herself to stop Rolo...
But for several reasons, I doubt this scenario won't happen - if it does, then not before at the end...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:37   Link #1602
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
And episode 2, I guess, where she was prepared to sacrifie herself to stop Rolo...
But for several reasons, I doubt this scenario won't happen - if it does, then not before at the end...
Your tone implies to me that you actually meant "I doubt this scenario will happen", rather than "won't". Very... interesting.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:44   Link #1603
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Your tone implies to me that you actually meant "I doubt this scenario will happen", rather than "won't". Very... interesting.
I don't want it to happen, but you never know with the storywritters....
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 09:45   Link #1604
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
after he gave her that whole "i will save you" speech she actually looked happy
the fact that she was taken prisoner didnt seem to matter that much anymore just becouse of his reaction to it
i do think she would be ready to die for him
but he also told her not to do anything stupid so its not likely she'll try to kill herself
why should she
he did promise to save her
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 10:07   Link #1605
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
after he gave her that whole "i will save you" speech she actually looked happy
the fact that she was taken prisoner didnt seem to matter that much anymore just becouse of his reaction to it
i do think she would be ready to die for him
but he also told her not to do anything stupid so its not likely she'll try to kill herself
why should she
he did promise to save her
It's surprising what hope can do to people. Mix it with 'love' (don't quote me on this, I don't want to be eaten by zombie pandas) and you can have a resolve of steel even in the worst situations. Look at Suzaku when he was trying to get himself killed, Euphie woke him up with her declaration and off he went to cloud nine... for two episodes.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 10:48   Link #1606
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It's surprising what hope can do to people. Mix it with 'love' (don't quote me on this, I don't want to be eaten by zombie pandas) and you can have a resolve of steel even in the worst situations. Look at Suzaku when he was trying to get himself killed, Euphie woke him up with her declaration and off he went to cloud nine... for two episodes.
that was nice
right until ep 23
just thinking about it makes me a sad panda

lets hope thats not the case here
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 10:52   Link #1607
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
that was nice
right until ep 23
just thinking about it makes me a sad panda

lets hope thats not the case here
Well, season 2 has been a lot more "hopeful" in several aspects than season 1 - and i'd like them to continue this, really...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:25   Link #1608
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 35
My point was given her personality it's highly unlikely she would cave in under torture. If she did think she was about to crack or they were going to drug it out of her she'd kill herself first.

To me the torture or drugging is unlikely(even though it would probably happen IRL). I just said that to illustrate her loyalty.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:25   Link #1609
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, season 2 has been a lot more "hopeful" in several aspects than season 1 - and i'd like them to continue this, really...
I seriously doubt we will get any more happy ending type arcs, except maybe Kallen's rescue. From here on I see a dark road coming....the only question is who will the doom axe or axes fall on this time? My guess is Shirley and Gino. I'm not sure if even Code Geass has the guts to kill a loli.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:26   Link #1610
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
season 2 mirrors alot of the stuff that happend in season 1
the first 4 ep's in both include
lulu getting geass
lulu leads the knights to victry until an unknown KMF fucks it up but he still manages to kill area 11 gov
lulu dealing with a school mate who has a secret id
lulu pulling off a prison break
then you have a lost battle
a grand plan in ep 8
a new KMF in ep 10 (name of KMF is in the ep name)
a giant battle in ep 11

so far the seasons are too much alike for me to be optimistic

edit: and whatever happens to kallen next ep will seal the question of whether or not suzaku really is lost to the dark side (she has some lines next ep)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:28   Link #1611
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ah. And we'll have Carline Le Britannia, the violence lover, ordering a massacre in Turn 22...or another Geass slip-up.

Though, with Carline's tendencies...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:29   Link #1612
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
season 2 mirrors alot of the stuff that happend in season 1
the first 4 ep's in both include
lulu getting geass
lulu leads the knights to victry until an unknown KMF fucks it up but he still manages to kill area 11 gov
lulu dealing with a school mate who has a secret id
lulu pulling off a prison break
then you have a lost battle
a grand plan in ep 8
a new KMF in ep 10 (name of KMF is in the ep name)
a giant battle in ep 11

so far the seasons are too much alike for me to be optimistic
Except any time he failed in S1 he suceeded or at least stalemated in R2. And Suzaku lost alot.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:30   Link #1613
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Ah. And we'll have Carline Le Britannia, the violence lover, ordering a massacre in Turn 22...or another Geass slip-up.

Though, with Carline's tendencies...


who's this Carline
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:30   Link #1614
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Ah. And we'll have Carline Le Britannia, the violence lover, ordering a massacre in Turn 22...or another Geass slip-up.

Though, with Carline's tendencies...
True, I'm looking forward to her debut also.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:32   Link #1615
ZeroForever
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: all and none
new character

spoiled princess who there have been mini previews in magazines about, she's apparently into violence and hates nunally. You can find pics if you look around.
__________________
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:32   Link #1616
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
who's this Carline
Fifth princess of the Britannian royal family. She was revealed in old spoilers a while back, a girl who derives pleasure from war and violence, and hates pacifism. She dislikes Nunnally because of her peaceful stance, as well.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:33   Link #1617
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
The talk about "following him to the end" and "taking a bullet" for him are used by the writers to illustrate her loyalty towards Lelouch. She swears her life to him when she only knows him as Zero and does it again when she knows Zero is Lelouch. SHe also steps in front of Nina as she lunges towards Zero. This is shown to demonstate her "love" and "loyalty" towards Lelouch. She cares for him unconditionally, I guess. It's epic romance type stuff.

As for the KoR business, I don't she'll end up with him. Again, she is not yet publically know as Zero's love or girlfriend. The pair just barely recognizes their feelings for each other. It's too early in the series to exploit the relationship with a brainwashing story arc.

The dress, it's obvious she can't be in her flight suit all the time. She was probably picked up by her family and given a dress to wear.

There will probably be a cover story to explain her involvement with Zero. How could a girl born to the Statdfelt clan become involved with these people? Easy. . . "she was kidnapped and fell under effects of Stockholm syndrome." Her family will try to "straighten her out."

In Brittania, she'll probably be portrayed as a "Patty Hearst." In the US, a wealthy heiress was kidnapped by a domestic terrorist group and she ultimately joined their caue and became a terrorist herself. I think the writers may go that direction. She'll be released to her family and she'll be publicly depcited as a bored rich girl that got kidnapped by charismatic terrorist leader and was seduced into the movement.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:35   Link #1618
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
new character

spoiled princess who there have been mini previews in magazines about, she's apparently into violence and hates nunally. You can find pics if you look around.
Probably a big euphie fangirl then after ep 22+23 then.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:37   Link #1619
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The talk about "following him to the end" and "taking a bullet" for him are used by the writers to illustrate her loyalty towards Lelouch. She swears her life to him when she only knows him as Zero and does it again when she knows Zero is Lelouch. SHe also steps in front of Nina as she lunges towards Zero. This is shown to demonstate her "love" and "loyalty" towards Lelouch. She cares for him unconditionally, I guess. It's epic romance type stuff.

As for the KoR business, I don't she'll end up with him. Again, she is not yet publically know as Zero's love or girlfriend. The pair just barely recognizes their feelings for each other. It's too early in the series to exploit the relationship with a brainwashing story arc.

The dress, it's obvious she can't be in her flight suit all the time. She was probably picked up by her family and given a dress to wear.

There will probably be a cover story to explain her involvement with Zero. How could a girl born to the Statdfelt clan become involved with these people? Easy. . . "she was kidnapped and fell under effects of Stockholm syndrome." Her family will try to "straighten her out."

if that happens then this anime might change its name to
zero mensou no musume (The Daughter of zero Faces)

edit: and while i really do hope that her loyalty to him leads to a relationship between the two there is another way this could turn out
she could end up being his battle butler (a follower who serves due to personal loyalty to the master and not out of either money or a goal they seek to gain)
some might argue she already is
hope it doesnt end up that way
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 11:42   Link #1620
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy
I seriously doubt we will get any more happy ending type arcs, except maybe Kallen's rescue. From here on I see a dark road coming....the only question is who will the doom axe or axes fall on this time? My guess is Shirley and Gino. I'm not sure if even Code Geass has the guts to kill a loli.
I wasn't exactly implying that; I was merely stating that season 2 tries to be a bit more positive in soem regards - especailly on Lelouch's side it would seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord
As for the KoR business, I don't she'll end up with him. Again, she is not yet publically know as Zero's love or girlfriend. The pair just barely recognizes their feelings for each other. It's too early in the series to exploit the relationship with a brainwashing story arc.

The dress, it's obvious she can't be in her flight suit all the time. She was probably picked up by her family and given a dress to wear.

There will probably be a cover story to explain her involvement with Zero. How could a girl born to the Statdfelt clan become involved with these people? Easy. . . "she was kidnapped and fell under effects of Stockholm syndrome." Her family will try to "straighten her out."
I'm hoping that this is it as well. I can't help but feel somewhat pessimistic though...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.