AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 05:39   Link #561
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

It'll have 12 episodes only.
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 21:17   Link #562
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I was wondering where this series thread went and lo and behold it got a sub-forum. Awesome! It's well-deserved! This series just continues to please me.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 22:12   Link #563
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

finally single for OP came out~!!! waited so long... god i love the OP.. it's so good haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
AWWW r u serious? but is there goin to 2nd season *like how ZnT is* or it's not decided yet?
Old 2008-10-29, 15:51   Link #564
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I just watched the first episode last night and loved it. I'm quite captivated by Nagi, beautiful character design. I have nothing but praise for the animation quality, direction and voice acting. It's all excellent in every respect.

I'm wondering about something, though... the puns in the translation and how well they come across. I watched the [Tree-Subs & SHiN-gx] version first and after seeing the notes at the end about lack of translators and missed puns (and not continuing the project) I looked for a different one.

I watched that first episode again with the [Eien no Anime] version and felt it came across better. One expample that stands out is when Jin is asking Nagi questions.

In the SHiN version she says, "I'm the one who should be asking questions," while in the EnA version she says, "That's my line," which feels more fitting to what Nagi's personality seems to be shaping up to be than the other translation.

So, I'm curious if anyone has a preference. I'd like to enjoy the show to it's fullest extent and the way something like puns and witty lines comes across is important in that regard. I see now that SHiN is working with Genjo-Subs. I prefer to get all of a series from the same fansub group when that's possible.
Old 2008-10-29, 16:05   Link #565
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

EnA has a good track record of being "true to the spirit of the dialog" while not falling into the localization trap of playing too fast and loose with what was said. If you're watching Japanese people do Japanese things, its rather silly to grind all the Japanese aspects out of it by extreme localization. Pretty much any series that I've watched that EnA has done has ended up as my "archive" version. I don't know if the team members are the same as they've been in past series though...

Japanese puns are exceptionally difficult to convey without torturing the dialog. "fresh offering" ... If they're explicitly called out as puns like Nagi does, I'd forgive most groups if they put a footnote about the pun in the subtitles.
Old 2008-10-29, 16:20   Link #566
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Japanese puns are exceptionally difficult to convey without torturing the dialog. "fresh offering" ... If they're explicitly called out as puns like Nagi does, I'd forgive most groups if they put a footnote about the pun in the subtitles.
I would much rather have extra footnotes than tortured dialogue.

I'll stick with EnA. Thanks, Vexx.
Old 2008-10-29, 17:15   Link #567
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
finally single for OP came out~!!! waited so long... god i love the OP.. it's so good haha.

AWWW r u serious? but is there goin to 2nd season *like how ZnT is* or it's not decided yet?

Based from what we have seen, there's a huge chance that it will have a second season. There's no way they can com up with any kind of conclusion with a mere 1x ep for this show anyway.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 23:49   Link #568
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
So... I hear that this Jin guy can fight pretty well. Is this true?

Last edited by frubam; 2008-11-05 at 00:37.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:38   Link #569
Penpa

So will Jin marry Nagi or his child hood friend or Nagi sisters? I like to know that part cause it seems like Jin has taken a liking and probably more to Nagi. I seem to go a harem show but seems to imply more would happen??? Maybe I am just reading to far into the animation?? So I am guess there will definitly be second or third season ... not bad as this seems like hit so far...hopefully they keep it going...

Last edited by Penpa; 2008-11-08 at 11:42. Reason: revise
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 03:17   Link #570
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penpa View Post
So will Jin marry Nagi or his child hood friend or Nagi sisters? I like to know that part cause it seems like Jin has taken a liking and probably more to Nagi. I seem to go a harem show but seems to imply more would happen??? Maybe I am just reading to far into the animation?? So I am guess there will definitly be second or third season ... not bad as this seems like hit so far...hopefully they keep it going...
And the answer is: no one knows because the anime, the manga, and anything else is still ongoing.
Old 2008-11-12, 04:04   Link #571
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
So im considering watching this....but what exactly "type" of show is it? harem...comedy? romantic comedy?

also Fan-service? how much is there? Im not a big fan of TONS of fanservice, but if it's tastefully done (and funny) then i dont mind. but ya know......all the boob gags and stuff do get old if it's thrown in there (aka like code geass threw in random crotch shots lulz)

But ya? so....worth watching tho? ^^ assuming theirs not TON of fan-service
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 04:38   Link #572
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

It's a romantic comedy. While there is some sexually based humor, there's no blatant fan service at all. It's hard to say at this point where the romantic side of things is going. But it is funny, and very well produced. Definitely worth giving it a try.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:41   Link #573
Cinocard

Seriously, i would love this series to go into more light-hearted, slice of life direction, but after seeing some "serious" stuff happen in the manga, i'm a little disappointed. This is one of the rare time i want the anime to part the direction with original manga, which may open up chance for more seasons.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 02:58   Link #574
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Ya know, I really dig Takako's character design. It's gorgeous. I haven't been so aesthetically pleased since the design of Miyuki Kobayakawa.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 15:35   Link #575
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I was just thinking, I have been watching Ayako's subs so far because they come out long before all the others and I've not had any particular issues with them, but I wondered if I'm missing anything - is it worth getting hold of any other versions to rewatch any episodes? I like the fact Ayako are doing AVIs too, since unlike h264/mkv I can watch them on any computer including my pocket player.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 09:19   Link #576
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
There would be 13 episodes and... I wonder how will it end????

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3958/Kannagi
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 00:19   Link #577
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Sankaku has now posted a fan's architectural drawing showing the layout of Jin's house in exquisite detail.

This follows the posting of photos of the real originals of various places in the show, including Nagi's shrine.

Here is the original Japanese site.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 06:26   Link #578
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I've noticed that a couple of the Ayako episodes are repeats. Is this true with the other groups?
Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 23:27   Link #579
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I would much rather have extra footnotes than tortured dialogue.

I'll stick with EnA. Thanks, Vexx.
I'd take both because the tortured dialogue can be funny...and I am a grammar sadist/machoist.... >>

Ep 13 will probly have him hunting for nagi and they either will return as freidns or she will vanish to show up in season 2 because she changed her mind :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:58   Link #580
Argent

Saw ep 13 just now. It's going to be a hard wait for the second season, I think, I'm missing it already. This has been a marvelous show and it hits me in a spot most anime doesn't touch, it's like Anime Comfort Food - sit back, watch, and smile.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen