AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 07:54   Link #10741
[HearT]

hahah! obvious promotion for the anime was obvious! But it was an awesome way to promote it I thought xD and it brought back a lot of cool characters I thought they'd never focus on again
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 07:56   Link #10742
defki

Hanten looks awesome, period.

But this whole "I love you Shiranui" and "we could be best friends Medaka" is terrible. I don't know but it feels so forced and sudden. It's not believeble.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 10:20   Link #10743
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Hanten looks awesome, period.

But this whole "I love you Shiranui" and "we could be best friends Medaka" is terrible. I don't know but it feels so forced and sudden. It's not believeble.
You just don't believe in the power of friendship..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 10:55   Link #10744
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
You just don't believe in the power of friendship..
You've got me there.
Old 2012-10-04, 11:13   Link #10745
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I was waiting for Hanten to finally assume an important role in the story and here, I got my wish.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 11:35   Link #10746
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I was waiting for Hanten to finally assume an important role in the story and here, I got my wish.
Me too. I was getting worried that my favourite character was nothing more than decoration.
Old 2012-10-04, 12:02   Link #10747
Wolfenstein

I, for one, am a firm believer that promotion/propaganda should not interfere with the story. I thought that whole act, which consumed several pages, was completely uneeded.

There were better characters positioned to save the day than Oudo/13P.

And if not, the theory of Oudo being a Shiranui double was still better.

~~~~

But I also think this interaction with Shiranui/Medaka is awful. Perhaps, too awful?

Seems like it's deliberately awful, if you catch my drift. The fact is; Hansode is also playing a part right now.

~~~~~

Don't know about the rest of you, but Hanten looks classy.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 13:18   Link #10748
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm pretty certain we're going to get an arc centered around the Thirteen Party, now that the main characters are essentially out of commission.
It would seem REALLY cheap if Hanten'in could just wave his hand and heal that-which-cannot-be-healed, so we'll probably see Oudo and co. go on some sort of Dragonball-gathering adventure like I suggested a couple of pages ago.
They're at the right level of power for challenges to actually matter, too.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:25   Link #10749
DawnEmperor

Lol, sometimes it feels like Naze is two different characters(oh look it's the student council vice president...no wait it's the mummy remodeler), not just in appearance but in disposition. Guess it just depends on her actual role in the story...it's been a long while since they actually were the "13 party". Munakata, Naze, and Oudo seemed to be the best suited as independent characters.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:45   Link #10750
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It would seem REALLY cheap if Hanten'in could just wave his hand and heal that-which-cannot-be-healed
But shouldn't he be able to? I mean unless Nishio trolled us shouldn't he be able to at least create a skill that can heal that which cannot be healed as cheap as that is?
Old 2012-10-04, 14:47   Link #10751
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Lol, sometimes it feels like Naze is two different characters(oh look it's the student council vice president...no wait it's the mummy remodeler), not just in appearance but in disposition.
Isn't that exactly the point though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
I mean unless Nishio trolled us shouldn't he be able to at least create a skill that can heal that which cannot be healed as cheap as that is?
You can't heal Iihiko's damage with a Skill, they already said that. They need something better than a Skill, which is why I'm (jokingly) saying "Dragonballs".
Old 2012-10-04, 15:11   Link #10752
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
You need to have power level of 9000 to take on Iihiko now, the manga has done some serious trolling but this is just annoying.
Old 2012-10-04, 15:16   Link #10753
orangejuicetang

I did find it kind of funny that Naze went back to her mummy mask outfit.

By the way, here's a complete baseless, wild, random, off the top of my head speculation/thought I just had: What if Shiranui's new role was to be Zen's shadow?

No idea why, no real reason to support it, just a random idea that popped in to try to justify why Shiranui's acting more friendly to Medaka

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:54   Link #10754
DawnEmperor

Hmm...is it possible to interpret Shiranui's frustrations to show her being Not So Different? Zenkichi and Shiranui have both devoted their lives to serving Medaka, one by choice the other by role. Zenkichi was most people's link to Medaka, but Shiranui was the link Zenkichi had to be grounded himself. She periodically tests his will, and makes him and Medaka better people(or at least, that's the intent). Of course, they're probably not gonna focus on that since Zenkichi's down for the count.

Btw, it seems Hiroshi Kamiya made into the Medaka Box anime as MUNAKATA! Looks like he's made the jump from the vomic(albeit as a different character)
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 16:27   Link #10755
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
You need to have power level of 9000 to take on Iihiko now, the manga has done some serious trolling but this is just annoying.
Two things about him I think are worth noting: a) he seems to require a "weapon" in order to attack people, and b) he is not omniscient. He can be caught by surprise.
Defeating him is possible, it would just take strategy rather than brute force.
Old 2012-10-04, 16:42   Link #10756
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Two things about him I think are worth noting: a) he seems to require a "weapon" in order to attack people, and b) he is not omniscient. He can be caught by surprise.
Defeating him is possible, it would just take strategy rather than brute force.
You are right about those two points but he did beat Ajimu many times before in the past and he defeated Ajimu in the present.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:07   Link #10757
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Christ someone put this arc to rest already.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 19:57   Link #10758
Wolfenstein

I'll just bear with it. Imo, it's leading to a twist with Shiranui. As I said, I'm not buying any of the ridiculous emotions she's displaying.

I believe we'll have the tiny black-hearted minus, who cares for nobody(except for maybe one person) and only thinks of the job back some day.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 20:33   Link #10759
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Christ someone put this arc to rest already.
I'm enjoying it more now; we're starting to get into some interesting things and as long as the three leads stay broken it could go into some equally interesting directions.
It could be FAR worse; the Front Six could actually have defeated Iihiko.
Old 2012-10-04, 22:58   Link #10760
willx
Nyaaan~~

I feel like I enjoy this manga more when I'm hung over .. because the ridiculousness doesn't quite seem so silly .. I kid, but sometimes I can't believe how much Nisio trolls us..

I dub this "The Power of Friendship" arc. I'm repeating myself, but I said it before.. more and more people are going to appear to help, Class Plus 13, Class Minus 13, all those people in the stands during the election.. People will all remember Shiranui and come help her and Zenkichi will make some speech like: "Even Kumagawa can't make our friendship nothing! Can't make all your bonds with all those friends nothing!" -- That is how Iihiko will be defeated!

willx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council