AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD BorN - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 7.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 7.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-06-06, 13:20   Link #21
Chichiryuushintei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I've stayed away but now u got me involved big mistake.

So tell me first off what do u think vol 5 vol 6 and vol 7 tried to prove and tell me if you think the anime proved them

By the way nobody else get involved in this conversation its between me and this person
I ask right back at you, how any of the changes made any real difference of continuity from the source material.

This is the internet. If I want to get into a discussion, I can.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:20   Link #22
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
here lemme clear things up so i dont make an ass of myself. i havent read the novels

"rearrange all u want as long as we get the point of what the 3 novels were trying to prove" this statement i made was a general statement. if this adaption gets the point of what the three novels are trying to prove them i feel like im not left out of the source material. i never said that "this adaption IS doing that."

please dont be intimidating i was just adding on to the statement Chichiryuushintei posted. im well aware u know more about the dxd series more than me so go easy on me.
I'm in a good mood so fine then we'll end this discussion and the topic however i will make a warning in the future.

by making the statement you did you already made an ass out of yourself. because here's the difference between you and Chichi

You only understand THAT we "source material fags" are complaining. What you fail to understand is WHY we are complaining. Without reading the material you have no right to give us grief about complaining because u dont understand the problem. Chichi understands why we are complaining he just disagrees with it though i get the sense Chichi is also the type who as long as he gets to see what he wants he doesnt really care about anything else.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:22   Link #23
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I ask right back at you, how any of the changes made any real difference of continuity from the source material.

This is the internet. If I want to get into a discussion, I can.

Chichi i'm going to send my response to you via PM.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:26   Link #24
Relthenar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
of course the source material is flawed. I'm a huge DxD fanboy who has been reading the LN for years, and there are flaws in it.
I think this is going to be a case of where we will just have to disagree. I Also have been reading DxD for years. And I don't think the material is "flawed" at all. I have been writing stories for years and it isn't flawed. Granted things don't always go as smoothly as the reader wants it to, but that is not a flaw, but rather how the author wants it or as he has put it out. (those kind of things are supposed to be caught and fixed by the editor).

Also, like I said it was never in your face, but the trauma caused by Reynare is always there in the story. It is subtle in most cases, but it is always there. I recognized it right from the start. It just was never blatant. And to be honest, subtle reminders make the final resolution that much stronger. To always have it in your face, when it comes time to resolve it, most people are so sick of it. The anime by putting so blatant in your face makes it more tiring and stupid then something that makes sense.
Relthenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:26   Link #25
Kirihara_R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
hahaha , Rias getting swayed by her emotions by seeing Asia and Isse getting along with each other , whats more what is that clone guy doing there? .. is that their way of fixing the flaws of the Ln .. ? .. ok fine lets just accept that..
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:27   Link #26
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Im Lost
Will be honest, the autoNTR made the chapter for me(I remembered one doujin of DxD with the same plot of another Issei). It was good, wanna see how it goes from now on.
inb4, more Rias NTR doujins
__________________
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:27   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
God, this is going to be a miserable week in this forum.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:29   Link #28
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
God, this is going to be a miserable week in this forum.
We have two more besides this one so its gonna be a fun last 3 weeks.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:32   Link #29
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Will be honest, the autoNTR made the chapter for me(I remembered one doujin of DxD with the same plot of another Issei). It was good, wanna see how it goes from now on.
inb4, more Rias NTR doujins
This episode just basically made the idea of the MC ntr'ing himself.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:32   Link #30
Chichiryuushintei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
I think this is going to be a case of where we will just have to disagree. I Also have been reading DxD for years. And I don't think the material is "flawed" at all. I have been writing stories for years and it isn't flawed. Granted things don't always go as smoothly as the reader wants it to, but that is not a flaw, but rather how the author wants it or as he has put it out. (those kind of things are supposed to be caught and fixed by the editor).

Also, like I said it was never in your face, but the trauma caused by Reynare is always there in the story. It is subtle in most cases, but it is always there. I recognized it right from the start. It just was never blatant. And to be honest, subtle reminders make the final resolution that much stronger. To always have it in your face, when it comes time to resolve it, most people are so sick of it. The anime by putting so blatant in your face makes it more tiring and stupid then something that makes sense.
Yeah, sure, because Loki being retarded enough to retreat when he's winning in the LN version of the first fight is not a flaw. I can even say a few more if you want me to.

I repeat: There wasn't any hints of anything before v9 except for a fraction of a paragraph in v4. Whenever Ise was in a steamy situation, he never ever had any thoughts that hinted at Reynare or anything. Just how much he loved being in such situations.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:33   Link #31
RawHunter
Alexithymia
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
this is why i absolutely hate "source material fags" they want a carbon copy of the adaption rather than a ADAPTION that is able to fix up issues with the source material. this is one of the few rare cases where it actually is fixing things rather than fucking things up.
Indeed I agree with you maybe Some LN fans might Expect too much from "TNK" too pull off a near Perfection/Loyal to Source Materials But i do hope S3 events does not affect Vol~10 Epicness..(If its Animated)
__________________
RawHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:47   Link #32
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
this is why i absolutely hate "source material fags" they want a carbon copy of the adaption rather than a ADAPTION that is able to fix up issues with the source material. this is one of the few rare cases where it actually is fixing things rather than fucking things up. hey guys u still have ur novels so stop crying. this is a 12 episode adaption and its doing a good job at it.
only thing the anime "fixed" is Ise trauma, cause honestly im pretty sure the author just made that up for vol10.
Anyway i see the anime as just a bonus to the LN, i cant take it seriously at all, but its still nice to see some scenes animated if they didnt just skip right over them.
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:56   Link #33
Chichiryuushintei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
only thing the anime "fixed" is Ise trauma, cause honestly im pretty sure the author just made that up for vol10.
Anyway i see the anime as just a bonus to the LN, i cant take it seriously at all, but its still nice to see some scenes animated if they didnt just skip right over them.
Wait, you actually take the LN seriously? O_O
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:57   Link #34
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
God, this is going to be a miserable week in this forum.
Got that right, though that should be expected considering that there was going to be anime original content.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 13:59   Link #35
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
If it's something the LN's author worked on and approved of, I'm okay with that. In the meantime, I'm glad I started with the anime first, 'cause I'd rather not poison myself with LNs. Again.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 14:20   Link #36
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Ah man watching the people in these threads act like this is the high point of my Saturday.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 15:44   Link #37
GDK1
A little bit illusive
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Boy, that escalated quickly.
GDK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 16:10   Link #38
Malicre
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Like they care about source material at all -.-



It was in novels? No? So it's a filler.

I will just finish series after it ends... if they dind't go to anime only ending that would kill any chances for next season (if it will ever happens, let's hope it would better adaptation).
You can't argue with fanboys, don't even bother trying.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 16:15   Link #39
Chichiryuushintei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
You can't argue with fanboys, don't even bother trying.
Yeah, because the definition of filler has everything to do with personal opinion... oh wait it doesn't.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 16:37   Link #40
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Riding on Great Red head
Age: 22
Kinda backdown ...... i don`t know how to feel about this episode ..... it might get ise in jd a second time or not ..... average episode i guess
__________________
DragoMuseveni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.