AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD BorN - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 5 11.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 7.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 7.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-06-07, 07:37   Link #81
azeem40
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
I liked the episode. I actually thought that was the real Issei lol. I never expected that Loki would create a fake Ise.
azeem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 09:08   Link #82
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
My only real complaint about this episode is Rossweiss. I was completely indifferent to her in the novels since she always just kind of felt like she was there, but nothing else. Here though, she's just annoying. Holy crap girl, stop it with the "age equals the number of years I've been alone". Do you really need to say it every episode? And you realize that applies to pretty much every single person you're in the company of as well, and you're only 1-3 years older than any of them?

As for the story material itself, I'll wait to see how it plays out. Complaining now would be like reading the first chapter of a book and calling the entire thing awful, without knowing any of the plot twists or character development from later in said book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
A female that needs rescuing...sighs im so sick of that trope. done it for season 1 pls not again
So you want Gasper to be in trouble? How cruel. Because he's the only other option, since they already rescued Kiba in season 2.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 09:48   Link #83
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
They already did rescue Gasper toward the end of season 2 as well. They've been fairly equal opportunity with the distress ball.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 10:31   Link #84
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My only real complaint about this episode is Rossweiss. I was completely indifferent to her in the novels since she always just kind of felt like she was there, but nothing else. Here though, she's just annoying. Holy crap girl, stop it with the "age equals the number of years I've been alone". Do you really need to say it every episode? And you realize that applies to pretty much every single person you're in the company of as well, and you're only 1-3 years older than any of them?

As for the story material itself, I'll wait to see how it plays out. Complaining now would be like reading the first chapter of a book and calling the entire thing awful, without knowing any of the plot twists or character development from later in said book.
I agree Ross is annoying but its a necessary evil given what their aim is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So you want Gasper to be in trouble? How cruel. Because he's the only other option, since they already rescued Kiba in season 2.
The problem with the damsel in distress theme is pretty much with the exception of Kiba's arc pretty much every single arc in DxD has had a damsel in distress theme different kinds from the conventional but.

The first arc with Raynare Asia was it. The second one it can be argued Rias was that.
Holy Sword well yea Kiba. 3 powers Conference Gasper represents the "damsel" in distress. Koneko is it in the storyline with vol 5.
This last arc with diodora again its Asia. And volume 7 the one in trouble is akeno.

Now if they do it right it works but come on if you're gonna do an anime-original arc try something at least a little bit different. but as you say lets wait until its resolved.

By the way its rather hilarious that more people find it painful then excellent. But this gamble will probably make things very interesting.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 10:40   Link #85
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 32
I can see complaining about someone always needing to be rescued, but not about complaining that it's a female. Not when like 80%+ of the core cast is female, at least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 10:50   Link #86
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I can see complaining about someone always needing to be rescued, but not about complaining that it's a female. Not when like 80%+ of the core cast is female, at least.
I'm an expert at complaining about nonsense so i know. Lets face it most people felt this was NTR and it most absolutely ISN'T.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 11:10   Link #87
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I'm an expert at complaining about nonsense so i know. Lets face it most people felt this was NTR and it most absolutely ISN'T.
Thank you. People weren't paying attention obviously. Unless NTR now means sending someone to die.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 11:35   Link #88
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Can you NTR yourself?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 11:40   Link #89
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
Thank you. People weren't paying attention obviously. Unless NTR now means sending someone to die.
Dude its not even that. the amount of doujins i've seen where its called NTR incorrectly is astounding. Series have an NTR vibe if a characters with anybody outside of the main character im looking at people like NTR is when somebody steals a person from a person they're in proven relationship. Mind control isnt NTR its mind control.

People just sensitive because of the fact Rias is being used against Issei well ya know what if I was Loki or any other bad guy I'd use Rias too. lets face it they've spoken at absolute length the entire season about Rias's jealous streak and Issei's raynare issue has been a talking point for the whole season.

My one issue and i think somebody mentioned this is how come Rias didnt immediately sense something was wrong. But that another matter entirely.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 12:04   Link #90
azeem40
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Dude its not even that. the amount of doujins i've seen where its called NTR incorrectly is astounding. Series have an NTR vibe if a characters with anybody outside of the main character im looking at people like NTR is when somebody steals a person from a person they're in proven relationship. Mind control isnt NTR its mind control.

People just sensitive because of the fact Rias is being used against Issei well ya know what if I was Loki or any other bad guy I'd use Rias too. lets face it they've spoken at absolute length the entire season about Rias's jealous streak and Issei's raynare issue has been a talking point for the whole season.

My one issue and i think somebody mentioned this is how come Rias didnt immediately sense something was wrong. But that another matter entirely.
Something has to be up because she can't be that oblivious lol. Maybe the incident with the other Ise did something to her mind. She was acting pretty strange.
azeem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 12:12   Link #91
Chichiryuushintei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Dude its not even that. the amount of doujins i've seen where its called NTR incorrectly is astounding. Series have an NTR vibe if a characters with anybody outside of the main character im looking at people like NTR is when somebody steals a person from a person they're in proven relationship. Mind control isnt NTR its mind control.

People just sensitive because of the fact Rias is being used against Issei well ya know what if I was Loki or any other bad guy I'd use Rias too. lets face it they've spoken at absolute length the entire season about Rias's jealous streak and Issei's raynare issue has been a talking point for the whole season.

My one issue and i think somebody mentioned this is how come Rias didnt immediately sense something was wrong. But that another matter entirely.
Dude, it's a Magic Mindfuck by a Decieving God. I'd be more surprised if she had noticed something was up.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 12:15   Link #92
Weather
Wonder Wind
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Loki is a god of trickery, decieving and lies, if he can't fool someone... well...
__________________


Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 12:44   Link #93
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Dude, it's a Magic Mindfuck by a Decieving God. I'd be more surprised if she had noticed something was up.
I cant disagree with that but also when u consider the typical issei and the issei she saw the mannerisms should've been a huge giveaway but lets wait for next episode.
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 14:53   Link #94
Reaperherpderp
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Switch Loki fight and Rating Game - whatever i can deal
Make Fenrir a top 10 in term of strength a push over - ill get over it, but it was a joke
The way the get him out of JD, NO SONG??? - This upset me lmao
Issei and Ria's sad feelings made into a "curse" - This upset me the most and ill tell you why

Spoiler for comparing anime to LN:

So you take screen time away things that happened that you DONT SHOW for AO stuff that didnt happen so you CAN SHOW??
My main point of this is there is NO REASON to address it now regardless, AO is ok up to a point but when you have enough source to work with and ignore it in favor of AO stuff its just getting out of hand. Not to mention you already limited time to tell what you can you try and squeeze MORE from further in the story in???
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 15:18   Link #95
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Did rossweise really just repeat the same lines she said in an earlier episode. If you are gonna get screentime, can't you at least say something new???

No comment on the content. I don't have something to reference to so ill just see where it takes us
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 15:36   Link #96
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My only real complaint about this episode is Rossweiss. I was completely indifferent to her in the novels since she always just kind of felt like she was there, but nothing else. Here though, she's just annoying. Holy crap girl, stop it with the "age equals the number of years I've been alone". Do you really need to say it every episode? And you realize that applies to pretty much every single person you're in the company of as well, and you're only 1-3 years older than any of them?
Yeah so far this is my only real complaint. She has just been so annoying so far.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 17:28   Link #97
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
If there's one thing I won't tolerate including those of the hentai is NTR. Manner of fact, I can't really stand it. Talk about despicable. I just hope this doesn't happen in the High School DxD series. Issei and Rias have come too far.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2015-06-07 at 18:02.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 20:31   Link #98
kinghumanity
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
IIRC they already confirmed that the Raynare/relationship issues won't be resolved this season, which to me implies that there's another one on the way.

Also I laugh at anyone who thinks this NTR business will be successful against Issei in the long run. I mean, come on, it's not that kind of story.
source? I'm happy.
kinghumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 22:26   Link #99
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
OK, I'm sorry to say I haven't read all the way through this thread up to here, so please forgive me for that, as well as the fact that I'm still trying to find time to read the LN and haven't even finished V1 yet. However, I have to say some of what I saw in here was kind of sad. As far as I understood, the author himself set up a piece that's not in the original to add a little more meat to a conflict that some felt came a little suddenly after eight volumes of near-absence, and some people are upset and disappointed that the series has deviated from the source. All I can say about that is that if an author decides that a plot point can use some additional material then it's his decision and should not be dismissed as a useless deviation or "filler". Especially not "filler" since that means it serves no purpose at all, which is an insult to the author as well. I don't know whether he came up with this because he felt in hindsight that the plot point was lacking in buildup, because he felt that whatever buildup existed wouldn't translate well to TV, or some other reason, but I'll trust he knows what he's doing.

I fairly well enjoyed this as a whole; it's not perfect by any means, but it is a rather cool and entertaining series, even if reading this thread dampens my enjoyment somewhat. Sorry again for the above, but I got a little tired of some people's complaining. There's plenty of crappy stuff out there to complain about, and while this isn't something to load praise after praise on, it's no Isuca either. So rather than declare that this is crap because it's new, how about we wait until the new arc is over and then decide whether the author's idea was a good one or not?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 23:46   Link #100
MV5
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I fairly well enjoyed this as a whole; it's not perfect by any means, but it is a rather cool and entertaining series, even if reading this thread dampens my enjoyment somewhat. Sorry again for the above, but I got a little tired of some people's complaining. There's plenty of crappy stuff out there to complain about, and while this isn't something to load praise after praise on, it's no Isuca either. So rather than declare that this is crap because it's new, how about we wait until the new arc is over and then decide whether the author's idea was a good one or not?
Just wait till the clone gets his face smashed in by Issei. That will alleviate a lot of peoples gripe about this episode. Eh, I'm just in this for the ride and it's been pretty entertaining though there are some let downs here and there. Would I have done things differently with BorN? Absolutely, but you have to accept the limitations of having TNK adapt DxD. It is what it is.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.