Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-11-07, 16:15   Link #341
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
Takano found the Death Note lying around, wrote Furude's name in it and the rest was JUST AS PLANNED.

In all seriousness, I thought Takano poisoned him. But looking back it doesn't seem possible.
Ah, so it was poison. Must be some sort of undetectable poison then... Hm.
Old 2007-11-10, 03:44   Link #342
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Do Rika's parents have (known) names, and what are they if so?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 13:16   Link #343
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Do Rika's parents have (known) names, and what are they if so?
None are given on the Japanese Higurashi wiki, so it's highly unlikely.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 17:38   Link #344
Aortic

Spoiler for "Great Hinamizawa D....ster":

(Also glad to be back watching Higurashi Kai again! Minagoroshi has been some of the most epic anime I've ever seen. I think it's set a new record for number of times the hair on my arms and the back of my neck have stood up...)
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 18:14   Link #345
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You can make your own answer with matsuribayashi-hen.
Basically, there are some circumstances which prevent the disaster to happen, and that's why nothing happened in Meakashi and Watanagashi-hen
Old 2007-11-11, 16:45   Link #346
Khaos

Question

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is anywhere said, how old Keiichi, Rika, Satoko, Moin/Shion and Rena are? Or is everything open to speculation?
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 16:48   Link #347
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is anywhere said, how old Keiichi, Rika, Satoko, Moin/Shion and Rena are? Or is everything open to speculation?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=511
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:07   Link #348
vasili10

What's up minna-san? My first post here since certain topics have just flat-out pulled me in.

Even with all the anime episodes released thus far, Onikakushi Hen's still have a firm grip on me, mainly because I'm itching to know what happened outside the various hallucinations:

1. I've read people's interpretations on how Rena's encounter with Keichi went in episode 4, how instead, after kissing him she madly laughs, she probably cries or something to that effect. Anyone notice, at approximately a frame between their kiss and her laugh, that she looks like she'll let out a huge sob? Do you suppose that's evidence enough for that assumption?

2. kj1980 stated in the Q's Answered thread about Rena's baseball bat incident in her previous school in Ibaraki, how it occurred because it was implied and apparently assumed that the three guys she attacked first tried to take advantage of her. Mind if I ask, what's the source for that implication? Is it the games? The manga? Statement by Ryukishi07? Just curious. Domo arigatou.
vasili10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 23:59   Link #349
Roll

Talking about Onikakushi-hen, I have a doubt... Was all that about Rena and Mion a delusion from Keiichi? They were going to inject him for his well or bad being? What was Irie and the Yamainu doing at Keiichi's house?... Really, this arc is the only one that I didn't understand...
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:03   Link #350
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Talking about Onikakushi-hen, I have a doubt... Was all that about Rena and Mion a delusion from Keiichi? They were going to inject him for his well or bad being? What was Irie and the Yamainu doing at Keiichi's house?... Really, this arc is the only one that I didn't understand...
Spoiler for first season, episode 25:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-11-26 at 00:48. Reason: spoiler tags title changed
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:05   Link #351
Aortic

Spoiler for "roll's questions":

Though how K1 went from his encounter with the Yaimanu in the woods to waking up in his home with his classmates, rather than at the clinic, is a mystery to me?
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:51   Link #352
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasili10 View Post
2. kj1980 stated in the Q's Answered thread about Rena's baseball bat incident in her previous school in Ibaraki, how it occurred because it was implied and apparently assumed that the three guys she attacked first tried to take advantage of her. Mind if I ask, what's the source for that implication? Is it the games? The manga? Statement by Ryukishi07? Just curious. Domo arigatou.

There is no solid answer as to why she beat up her friends in Ibaraki.

The assumption above is based off the fact that Rena's "friends" didn't want to talk about the incident afterwards. That is, maybe they did do something "wrong" to incite the incident, thus they are also at "fault".

Personally, I think the following might have happened:
Spoiler for assumption:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
Though how K1 went from his encounter with the Yaimanu in the woods to waking up in his home with his classmates, rather than at the clinic, is a mystery to me?
First there's always the possibility that those two guys weren't Yamainu at all. Perhaps they are just some villagers. Considering the state that Keiichi is in, we don't know for sure if he really saw those guys in the suits, or just thought those guys showed up becuase of the white wagon incident. So, maybe he got stopped by two random villagers, and they sent him home, then Rena called Mion and Irie.

Now, if it were really Yamainu, it really doesn't matter if Keiichi is getting sent to the clinic or his own house. Reason being that Takano and Tomitake are already dead, so certain plans are in motion. Perhaps Rena catched up to them when Yaminu knocked Keiichi out, so it would only be more natural to send him home and call Irie to go check him out, just for show.

Last edited by Rias; 2007-11-12 at 02:04.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 03:09   Link #353
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHS View Post
Thank you
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 10:51   Link #354
vasili10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
There is no solid answer as to why she beat up her friends in Ibaraki.

The assumption above is based off the fact that Rena's "friends" didn't want to talk about the incident afterwards. That is, maybe they did do something "wrong" to incite the incident, thus they are also at "fault".

Personally, I think the following might have happened:
Spoiler for assumption:

Ah, interesting. So your view assumes that Ooishi's assumption of the guys being her friends was actually true; while kj1980's assessment assumed that Ooishi did guess on her friendly relationship with the guys, and turned out to be wrong.

So basically we don't know for sure, since after Ooishi agrees to tell Keichi more about Rena, he tells Keichi besides not to mention it to anyone else, that Ooishi's putting some of his own assumptions into the mix as well. And at least from the anime, she smashed the school windows (fact), the guys were injured but didn't press charges or talk afterwards (also fact), so Ooishi's assumption I'd conclude would be about the relationship. Did the anime leave out any pieces of Ooishi's disclosure to Keichi about Rena's past, or is that pretty much it?

Sugoi. Thanks Rias.
vasili10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 11:52   Link #355
Roll

Wow! Thank you all! Now Onikakushi-hen seems clearer! ^^
Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 16:11   Link #356
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
Spoiler for "Great Hinamizawa D....ster":
Based on the anime so far, it's possible to figure out the key difference, but not what specific connection it has.
Spoiler for hint:
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 03:39   Link #357
game2007

Sorry if this is common sense question or has been asked before, but I just can't resist wanting to know the truth. About the anime, do people die but then reappear alive in the next episode again and again just like that? Sort of remind me of South Park...

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with this series and is just getting into it, so I have lots of questions about it. I did watch a few episodes, and it makes me say to myself, "Hey! I thought <whoever> died already! How is he/she alive again?!"
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 04:05   Link #358
Rayneing
Trombe!

At the end of each story arc, the story kind of resets itself to a time before everyone died. Think of them as alternate universes - different possibilities that could've happened. No one is coming back to life - its just a different world where they haven't died yet.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 06:45   Link #359
game2007

Well, pretty much to same as what I think. They still come back to life, but not through magic or anything, just the story went back in time to alter things.

Has anyone ever kept track of who died how many times so far?
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 06:51   Link #360
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Well, pretty much to same as what I think. They still come back to life, but not through magic or anything, just the story went back in time to alter things.
No, it is completely different. Please, check the differences between the arcs. Obviously, many events didn't happen, because of some random factors etc. The arcs can be considered as "different dimensions" instead of rewinding.
Quote:
Has anyone ever kept track of who died how many times so far?
I don't think so, since it is quite irrelevant. The anime and the game implied that the arcs we saw are some handful samples of what really happened. Therefore, thinking of some "number of time someone died" is completely impossible to figure, and it is obviously not possible to think they are brought back to life, see the earlier point.