Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 16:38   Link #361
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to say a pretty nice job done with the OP/ED. Not overly fancy, but solid with some nice music for both.
The thing I absolutely love about the opening how the effect that's applied here to make it look like stained glass, but how on some stills it looks like paintings you'd find on Cathedral windows (the shot of Victorique in the red dress for example). Also the attention to detail is really amazing (certian items that made it in the opening are pretty lol, but the sequence where the circle is turning behind Victorique's head and the little circles in it that are turning as well), especially on matching the tempo and music to the visuals and lyrics. The start f it is one thing, but the montage of Kujo and Victorique going to all of the different location is seriously well done.

God I love how this opening looks.

saying that making a 100 friends is a difficult goal is quite the understatement But, one always needs to aim high! (otherwise she might have him climb that mountain for real :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode talk:
Old 2011-01-10, 17:16   Link #362
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Well, the thing is I think Grevil sort of thought about the case for all of a second, gave up and ran to Victorique afterwards >_> Another problem is that Grevil (being the actual detective here) should've been the one to point out all of these holes and try and engage in an actual discussion to try and see if this theory was sound. But he didn't, and that's the real problem here.Well, not to say that I didn't know that this had at least some sort of crack theory somewhere in it , but I don't like to just say ''the solution the story gave was stupid, I can give a different solution and it'll be the same as it'' and then leave it at that. It's best to always check before making judgments.
Well, if you're familiar with detective stories you'll find lots of police officers that is useless without the detective, so this isn't anything new. But even with that, Grevil is grossly incompetent here. The problem is that - and this is what makes the case a bit weak - the case should have been solvable with the police investigation alone. Really, the lack of a second bullet in the room when there are two shots is a major obvious clue, which they fail to either realize or mention, as well as the inability to find the second bullet until after talking to Victorique. From there a simple ballistic test should be enough to pin the maid, not to mention the possibility of blood splatter near the door.
Old 2011-01-10, 17:35   Link #363
witchfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't think that your theory is illogical (it requires a higher suspension of disbelieve than Victorique's, but it could be valid) however I think that your theory is less plausible than the one she gave (i.e. the one she presented was the one most consistent with the evidence) while yours has some flaws (such as the second bullet) that make it less likely.
Personally, I don't think so. My theory does not require *that* much suspension of disbelief. It does not rely on coincidence, but on plausible assumptions. It's just that there are very many of those. Most of the reason it is a stretch is because the evidence doesn't immediately imply it. Victorique's theory relies on suspension of disbelief. But honestly, if you want a more plausible theory, a daughter-maid alliance (presumably with the help of a translator from that secret society) is a lot more easy to cover up.

Quote:
If we assume that the bullet didn't pass through the hole then that means it should still be in the door lock right? But since we do know that if they investigated into the key hole, they wont find the bullet the maid had shot, then that brings us back to square one. Now if you say that the culprit (in this case the granddaughter) then she couldn't have done it without being noticed (and also, it becomes unlikely that she even thought of that if this plan was on the fly like you assume).
I'm assuming it fell to the floor, actually. I -really- doubt the bullet can get stuck in the lock. If it can, all the better, because it will be hard to spot. So why not wait 'til the servants have left the room (obviously they wouldn't want to stay there) and then easily extract it?

As for her not being able to think about this... that much is the minimum level of suspension of disbelief for a mystery story. The culprit has to be brilliant, she has to come up with cover ups on the fly, she has to be able to fool the police officers, detectives, interrogators and lawyers. It took me around 5 minutes to think about this particular crack theory, and I would've partially failed because I didn't notice the bullet flaw at first (but even then I would've succeeded in creating a locked room). Let's assume it would've taken the daughter oh around... 30 seconds, including thinking about how to cover up all suspicions.

Quote:
Now if we do assume that the bullet passed, but like you said simply fell to the floor (in a stroke of luck) and she picked it up, we have the issue of her not being able to pick the bullet quickly due to the temperature of the bullet, and that the bullet wouldn't be intact much (it logically would shatter into several pieces in this case)
She can cover it with her shoes and shove it somewhere out of sight, and after a few minutes, when people aren't looking and it has cooled, pick it up.

Quote:
(Also, the wound is a bullet wound, knife wounds are different)
Yes, but if you stab someone with a knife and shoot him with a bullet in the same place, the 'bullet wound' pattern would be much more easily to discern.

Quote:
I noticed All I have to say about your theory about the granddaughter sending Grevil that invitation to remove him from the world is that would cause her more harm than good (she would be attracting attention again) however the one about her possibly ''rewarding'' him into joining this society is more plausible.
Hmm, that's fair. Let's go with the "rewarding him" idea.

Quote:
Having an outsider being the culprit though makes any other theory even more difficult to prove *_* I mean, they couldn't have known that the maid would shoot the door in the first place for example.
I concede. It would be difficult to prove without some sort of poison crack theory.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:54   Link #364
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Wondering what's up with the drill hair dude. He seems too damn stupid for Victorica to give him the time of day, so why does she? Boredom, perhaps? And I wonder if the reason why he won't talk to her directly is because she's a girl. Then again, maybe it's just a quirk.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:00   Link #365
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Wondering what's up with the drill hair dude. He seems too damn stupid for Victorica to give him the time of day, so why does she? Boredom, perhaps? And I wonder if the reason why he won't talk to her directly is because she's a girl. Then again, maybe it's just a quirk.
Victorica seems to be trapped in that room for some reason and got caught up with our funny-haired detective while he was searching for something in the library. Based on his limited knowledge of actually investigating things he wouldn't be able to do anything but Victorica gave him some clues to help him solve the mystery that he was investigating and eventually it became a hobby to go chat with her. Just that he either feels embarrassed having to rely on a girl, or just can't directly talk with Victorica because she has supernatural abilities? Just a thought.
Old 2011-01-11, 02:31   Link #366
Graskell
invisible man

I'm slightly confused here. Where did the "Victorique has supernatural powers" thing come from? 'cause I'm pretty sure I watched the same episode you did, but I don't remember anything overtly supernatural at all, let alone Victorique demonstrating psychic abilities or communing with the spirits.

Anyone care to enlighten me?
Old 2011-01-11, 09:36   Link #367
LKK

@ Divine_witch: Are those novel/manga spoilers? Or are they your speculations? Because if they're spoilers, then they don't belong in this thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2011-01-11 at 09:38. Reason: clarifications
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 11:30   Link #368
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Yeah, got carried away a bit,but yes, those are novel spoilers.
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:21   Link #369
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

AS is kinda super radical about spoilers. It's all good.

I wonder if the underlying murder has anything to do with the bunnies. I found the hunting dog scene in the beginning very disturbing.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:41   Link #370
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I almost died when Victorique put on that pipe for the first time. I've also taken a vow that I won't miss a single episode as long as she is smoking that pipe at least once in every episode.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 16:00   Link #371
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I almost died when Victorique put on that pipe for the first time. I've also taken a vow that I won't miss a single episode as long as she is smoking that pipe at least once in every episode.
Is she really smoking it? It seems like she just put it to her mouth to look smart (and classy)
I guess they're not allowed to show a loli (in appearance at least, I have no idea how old she is) smoking on TV.
Old 2011-01-11, 18:58   Link #372
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My thoughts exactly - there's no way she was smoking that thing. I half expected to see bubbles coming out of it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 18:59   Link #373
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i was expecting to see bubbles, though that would totally destroy the mood set for that scene. She probably just has a fake one.
Old 2011-01-11, 19:04   Link #374
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

She probably had it just so indicate that she was going into very deep thinking? We may never know the mystery.. Or that she wants to look classy
Old 2011-01-11, 19:24   Link #375
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

If you paid attention while reading the novel (for those who have), she DOES actually smoke it.

Now, if they will actually carry that over into the anime or not, who knows.
Old 2011-01-11, 19:36   Link #376
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My thoughts exactly - there's no way she was smoking that thing. I half expected to see bubbles coming out of it.
Same here. But when I later looked up some images from the light novels on danbooru, smoke is very distinctly shown coming from the pipe. ...How old is she, again?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 19:42   Link #377
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Same here. But when I later looked up some images from the light novels on danbooru, smoke is very distinctly shown coming from the pipe. ...How old is she, again?
Well.... If she is attending the same place as our male lead.. About the same age as him possibly??
Old 2011-01-11, 19:51   Link #378
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Exactly. In the novel (the very first volume, mind you), there's a part where Grevil complains about Victorique smoking at her age. She definitely actually smokes from that thing.

Must be a pretty thick coating of porcelain on that pipe, because she'd burn her fingers otherwise. XD
Old 2011-01-11, 20:13   Link #379
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I will be very, very surprised if she's allowed to smoke the pipe in the series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 00:17   Link #380
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i approve of this show. the strength is definitely her character.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen