AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-04, 09:51   Link #3661
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
And her crappy health.
Old 2012-05-04, 11:43   Link #3662
Solkiskey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qTTB5ok97o

Here's a tier list one of the top players constructed :

-TOP-
Lucifer
Battler
Bern
(Kanon)

-HIGH-
(Kanon)
Will
Eva
Erika
Dlanor
Beato
(Virgilia)

-Mid-
(Virgilia)
Ronove
Ange
Shannon
Lambda

-Low-
Rosa
Jessica
Black Battler
George
Old 2012-05-04, 12:07   Link #3663
byehello123

lol why somehow to me those 4 doesnt seem to fit in low tier at all.....
Old 2012-05-04, 12:25   Link #3664
CrimsonMoonMist

George and especially Jessica.
At least B.Battler has that whole health issue, then again, so does Bern.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:34   Link #3665
Solkiskey

The main reason B.Battler is low is simply because he's not really worth being used. And his ability is infinitely inferior to Battler's. I don't really agree with him being low tier either, I would put him Mid tier. 800 HP is also a big drawback. Bern is just way too good, that's why she's up there even though her HP sucks.

George just isn't a good character. His normals are meh, his specials are awkward, he's meter reliant (absolutely needs 2 SP for optimal damage), his metaspecial is a joke. Everything he does, another character does it better.

Jessica is... lacking. Granted, she has huge damage, but that's pretty much it. Poor mobility, gets zoned out easily, poor range. For a character that MUST get in, she barely has any tools to. Siesta/Beatrice/Virgilia/Lambda/Bern/Maybe Rosa matchups are nearly hopeless for her lol.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:41   Link #3666
Oblivion

Is the order of the characters in each tier interchangable or is that their exact order?
Old 2012-05-04, 12:44   Link #3667
Solkiskey

According to the guy who made it, it's the exact order. Virgilia is either top of mid or bottom of high, Kanon is either top high or bottom top.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:48   Link #3668
U Metal

George just has some ridiculous safe moves and ex wallkick, but other than that... he's hilariously dull and has nothing really good about him. Maybe if they switched his SP2 and Metasuper...

...Okay, that would be hilariously broken, do it.

BBattler certainly isn't that low, though. He's just a worse Battler, but that doesn't make him good because lol battler so op.

I can see Bern dropping a very small bit, though. Like... if at all, barely out of top. I might be missing something but she can't deal with pressure. And her painfully low HP keeps making me consider to stop using Bern/BBattler as a main team.

...To be honest, I would probably put George in a tier below Jessica/Rosa. Or am I missing something amazing?
Old 2012-05-04, 12:57   Link #3669
Solkiskey

George's SP2 is good IMO, combo extension and one of his main way of dealing damage.

5b2b2c6c 236236C 5b2b5c 214AB

or if you want to spice things up a little, 5b2b2c6c meta 6c 236236C 5b2b5c 214AB.

He burns meter like fuck.

Pretty low damage, too. I would also put him a tier lower than them, lol.
Old 2012-05-04, 13:49   Link #3670
U Metal

Also, just for the sake of it, I'm bad at combos, but...

Spoiler:
Will/Bern combo. I need to learn how to play Will so I can stuff another combo in there prior to the metasuper salad, and after the metasuper salad.

Unoptimal, lots of stuff I need to improve... but man, freaking Will.
Old 2012-05-04, 14:07   Link #3671
Solkiskey

Nice combo, but I don't understand why you didnt do 2b5b2c6c while Ronove was stunned with Will?
Old 2012-05-04, 14:13   Link #3672
U Metal

I intended to, but I got a bit annoyed at failing while recording a few times so I went straight for the 6c.
Old 2012-05-04, 14:17   Link #3673
Solkiskey

Fair enough. Still, MetaBoost + Will is a ridiculous combo.
Old 2012-05-05, 01:17   Link #3674
byehello123

well i can see that why george is the end tier really suits him even i too dont use him but the other 3 being low is like "how can that be" kind of impression =/
Old 2012-05-05, 02:55   Link #3675
cronnoponno

I'm still reluctant to admit that Black Battler is a lower tier than Battler, mainly because of the stupid dragon punch frames Black Battler has, as well as a far superior SP 2, the difference in their abilities is pretty inconsequential if you ask me.

Other than that, slight differences that are situational and debatable, so why would they make such a huge distance from each other in a tier list? Is it just for some HP numbers?
Old 2012-05-05, 07:24   Link #3676
Solkiskey

There is no reason to use Black Battler over Battler because :

- Black Battler's HP is ridiculously low
- Black Battler's ability is vastly inferior to Battler's, seriously. Neutral tagging with Battler is godly.
- Black Battler loses a lot of pressure options because of 236X, Battler's is much better.
- Black Battler's SP2 nerf really reduced his damage potential

Black Battler lost 600 HP, which is damn huge. It's not worth sacrificing 600 HP just for an invincible 623X and SP2.

And those are the reasons why he's so low.
Old 2012-05-05, 11:35   Link #3677
Nanashi_1337

It really makes me angry that they nerfed his 2SP. Really, they should have just nerfed the damage instead of making the last hit become like a combo finisher. That's the whole reason I preferred him over Battler, since he was kind of a Glass Cannon with that awesome super. Now he's just Glass.
Old 2012-05-05, 15:19   Link #3678
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
It really makes me angry that they nerfed his 2SP. Really, they should have just nerfed the damage instead of making the last hit become like a combo finisher. That's the whole reason I preferred him over Battler, since he was kind of a Glass Cannon with that awesome super. Now he's just Glass.
I like how everyone keeps on saying that his 2SP was nerfed, when in fact it was fixed. I still find that hilarious.

Seriously, they just added something that was supposed to be there in the first place, which was an inmediate launch after using it. All the characters in this game have at least something along those lines, if it is not a launch it (Rosa, Ange, Battler, Beatrice, Lucifer, Virgilia, Kanon, Siesta410, Ronove, Lambdadelta) is a wall bounce (Shannon, Eva-beatrice) or a knockdown (Jessica) or a non-damaging combo extender with a freeze status on the foe (George) or an OTG (Erika, Dlanor, Bernkastel)

By the way, you can still cancel the launch by doing a j.c right when the last bullet. If you wanted to work around it, like you were supposed to in the first place.
Old 2012-05-05, 19:57   Link #3679
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
Regarding George, I think that he is very good at hitting knocked foes. And I don't remenber any other character that good at this.
Old 2012-05-05, 20:41   Link #3680
cronnoponno

Um, Will?

Yes yes ''He needs a super to do it''.

Yeah but that very super.....can turn into thousands upon thousands of damage.
Closed Thread