AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-24, 18:43   Link #1641
sbh1fr

i wonder what indra thinks of isse, fight with Vidar.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 18:49   Link #1642
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ddraig told Ise he could give Crom Cruach a good fight in DxD G mode in Volume 23. Because of the time limit it was out of the question, but I think what Ddraig said could be interpreted to mean that it would've been a close fight while the form lasted and that even if Ise couldn't win, it would at least have been a draw. That also points to it being Heavenly Dragon-class. But in Volume 21 it said that the power was reduced. So if it was reduced on top of the decrease in power output from losing the power of infinity, maybe it was originally much more powerful than Heavenly Dragon-class. But it could also have been retconned. Who knows.
Being able to give Crom a good fight can be interpreted in different ways. In Volume 18, Dulio was able to fight Crom and both came out from that battle unscathed. So does that mean Dulio can rival Heavenly Dragon class.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 18:49   Link #1643
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@sbh1fr: Probably just thinking he'd like to fight Ise himself.

Edit: One post late.
@Syzorst: Ise and Crom are both Power-types. Dulio is somewhat of a Technique-type as well. And Ise and Crom both being Power-types means that if Ise can give him a good fight and they end in a draw, Ise is Heavenly Dragon-class.
Old 2018-04-24, 19:49   Link #1644
sbh1fr

about Draig materializing, if i'm allowed to speculate about it i think it's just a upgrade of powers Issei already has on his CxC mode:
"Wyvern Fairy", isse can materialise small wyverns and control them with his imagination.
we know that Draig can move his consiousness through parts of the armor and he assist isse during fights.

now if you upscale that a lot with isse in his DxD-G form with the powerup given by Amrita. it isnt wierd he can make a materialized version of Draig. though i guess maintaining its presence would be very stamina draining.
Old 2018-04-24, 19:49   Link #1645
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
@sbh1fr: Probably just thinking he'd like to fight Ise himself.

Edit: One post late.
@Syzorst: Ise and Crom are both Power-types. Dulio is somewhat of a Technique-type as well. And Ise and Crom both being Power-types means that if Ise can give him a good fight and they end in a draw, Ise is Heavenly Dragon-class.
Being a technique type shouldn't really matter in this case. Vali is a technique-type and he has to go DxD L just to fight Crom. Issei is currently Heavenly Dragon Class but I'm talking about his Psuedo DxD before he taken Armita.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 20:24   Link #1646
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@sbh1fr: Actually, Ddraig himself materializes. Not a likeness or something.

@syzorst: I meant that it could be that since Power-types focus more on power, Ise being able to give another Power-type a good fight would imply that they're at least on par with each other power-wise. Dulio is a Technique-type. Vali is a Technique-type who also has high attack power, so it's a bit different.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-04-24 at 20:41.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 21:11   Link #1647
B214

Vali is most likely a Power & Technique type.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-24, 21:24   Link #1648
sbh1fr

Quote:
@sbh1fr: Actually, Ddraig himself materializes. Not a likeness or something.
i dunno know what you mean by "likeness or something" but, i know it's Draig. i think i wasnt clear maybe. i mean the soul was Draig but the body was conjured from the armor.
in his "wyvern fairy" ability, ise can summon/materialise several small wyvern, from this i only want to take the fact of being able to conjure separate physical body.
also, Draig can move his consciousness to that separate body, we know he can move his consciousnesses since he already spent some time with albion.
if you combine these two aspects, and enhance them a little, isse would make new ability and you can get a materialized Draig...
what i think is that his existance in that form would consume isse's Stamina. that's would impose timelimit on how long he can stay materialized.
well, with the Amrita, isse power and stamina were enhanced and he became able to withstand DxD for longer.

anyway, this is just my speculations about technicality about how Draig was able to materialize. hope we can get something accurate from the novel later on.
Old 2018-04-24, 22:13   Link #1649
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Vali is most likely a Power & Technique type.
Everyone's a mix of all four types. It's just about what type a person is best at according to their role in a battle situation, their fighting style, and their abilities.

Power-types use overwhelming power to defeat their opponents. They charge head-first into battle. No tricks, no games. Just pure power. They take attacks head on by either blocking them or tanking them. And they dish out powerful attacks hoping to take their opponents out in one blow. Due to their nature they tend to have very high attack power (Xenovia, Strada), very high defense(Nero), or both(Issei, Sairaorg). They're either dishing out powerful attacks, tanking them, or both.

Technique-types use a variety of methods to fight their opponents. From coming up with complicated maneuvers, using counters, using unique abilities, etc. Technique-types have to use their brains to fight. And they rely on skill and mastery of abilities. So they are the most likely to master abilities to the tiniest detail and have very masterful control of such abilities. They can focus on fighting styles that require skill and technique like Kiba. Using unique abilities and mastering them to the utmost like Saji. Or just a mix of those.

Wizard-types use demonic power or some kind of magic to largely fight. They can use their magic and demonic power for various uses like attacking, creating barriers, creating seals, etc.

Support-types use certain abilities to support their allies from the rear. Like healing, boosting their allies' power, using collaboration techniques, using abilities that go well with your allies' abilities or combination attacks, etc.

So everyone are those types so everyone can fit into those categories. Well mostly everyone.

Vali would largely go down as a technique-type. Then his Wizard-type would be very high as well. And then his power-type would be high but not as high as his technique-type. And then his support-type would be the lowest while being somewhat slighyly above average.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 00:42   Link #1650
aw454wtr

What support abilities does vali even have? never shown any in all of his appearances so I would put vali support ability as zero

Vali seems closest to wizard type as all his fights he focuses on shooting demonic power blasts and secondly using his SG abilities
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 02:34   Link #1651
bashkim1234

If Ise become a dragon god and Vali a dragon class being , would this not mean, that both of them are going to be as powerful as Orphis?
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 03:20   Link #1652
Lucidrago

Well Vali's abilities could just combine well with his allies. Like just divide his opponents to make it easier for his allies to defeat them.

Again Vali has been referred to as a technique-type. No one's saying he can't be any of the other types but that's what he largely is. He does rely on speed and technique more than anything. It's not like a technique-type can't fire off powerful shots. But just as an example, Issei being a power-type really doesn't changes even if he can control his Dragon Shots to a certain extent.

It's hard putting some under one of these categories. But we have to think. Which one do they mostly fall back on and rely on the most. And which one can't you take away from them without entirely changing their style.

Power and Technique tend to be opposites. Which is why no one really calls someone both a Power- and Technique-type.

Really while people will try to call someone every single type, there is one that lean towards more than the others. And that they use far above the others.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 06:53   Link #1653
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vali and Sirzechs. Technique-types with very high attack power and raw power. I have my doubts on Technique- and Power-types really being completely opposite to each other because these two exist. I mean, it's not like Technique-types can't use high-power attacks at all since there are some that do have very high pure power and high attack power. They just tend to focus more on mastery and control of abilities and on ways to use said abilities. But there also Power-types that try to do that, like Ise for example.

@sbh1fr: Ise said that the materialized Ddraig looks the same as he usually does during their conversations or as he did when they first met in Ise's consciousness. And the announcer also said that he looks the same as is described in the legend. He didn't materialize using the armor, that really is what he looks like. He literally came out of the Boosted Gear. But of course his time for staying materialized is limited. And Ise can still use all of his Ddraig's power and abilities.

Edit: For the part where Apollo asked Vidar why he chose Rose:
Quote:
The ground where Aces live, Asgard. On it’s outskirts there was Vidar’s hideout.
Before him, who was drinking alcohol in hideout’s living room, appeared his friend, new Chief God of Olympus, Apollo.
Apollo took a sit in front of him and asked.
“Vidar, I heard, that you are advancing engagement…are you serious about that?”
“Nope. I have no interest in Gondul baa-san’s granddaughter.”
Replied Vidar while spinning his wineglass around.
After this Apollo quizzically asked him again.
“Then why?”
“It seems like this drunkard Valkyrie isn’t making any progress with Sekiryuutei at all. So for my part I decided to give Sekiryuutei and that Valkyrie a wakeup call.”
Hearing his real intentions, Apollo sighed.
“So it’s your own whims.”
Mischievous smile appeared on Vidar’s face.
“Because it looks like my shitty dad caused some troubles. Well, considering that noisy bunch that never shuts up about marriage and concern towards DxD, that’s for the better, don’t you think?”
“Hah”.
Apollo sneered hearing his friend’s true motives. In short, second generation Chief God volunteered for the Cupid’s role for Sekiryuutei and former Valkyrie.
“What are you sneering at?”
“Just thought that our debauchery prince has started to look like a Chief God.”
Vidar pouted after these words.
“I don’t want to hear this from you, who is always chasing after arts. …It’s because my older brother, Baldr, had ended up in isolation barrier together with my father. And here I thought about spending my life leisurely without succeeding the house. The god’s fate is incomprehensible thing.”
“However a battle is a different matter, yeah?”
Answering Apollo’s question, Vidar made a happy face while shaking ice in his wineglass.
“But of course. It would be meaningless without a fight with Sekiryuutei.”
Yes, though Vidar volunteered to be Sekiryuutei and former Valkyrie’s Cupid, in fact he’d wanted to bring down Sekiryuutei’s fury upon himself. Because he thought that it was the best way for him to be able to feel Sekiryuutei’s real power.
This god was also bewitched by Heavenly Dragons’ might.
After pouring alcohol in an empty wineglass, Vidar handed it over to Apollo.
“So you are intending to win.”
“It’s natural to win”
“But what will you do if you end up winning? Will you become engaged with her?”
If Vidar ends up winning…what will he do? This, too, piqued Apollo’s curiosity.
While drinking his alcohol, Vidar pondered pointing his gaze diagonally upwards.
“…Will find some faults with her and send her back to Sekiryuutei.”
Answered he so.
To put it simply, win or lose, he didn’t have a slightest interest in marrying her.
This man didn’t have much interest in others women.
But the opponent he laid his eyes upon can be called a true challenge.
“I see. It’s hard, for you and also for Sekiryuutei you’re toying with.”
After Apollo’s words Vidar frowned as if wondering about it.
“…So I’m like my father, Odin? I don’t want this…”
Spoiler courtesy of Le Fay on the High School DxD Universe Discord.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2018-04-25 at 08:50.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 11:05   Link #1654
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Hehe, it seems that Vidar has used his cupid bow. But I'm curious. Did he know about Ise & rose's relationship even before the meeting took place, since he stated that DxD had concers about it? Maybe he also heard a bit from Gondul & decided to push them together & have fun fighting Ise at the same time.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 11:06   Link #1655
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Actually, I also want to know how he knows. Probably from Gondul, yeah.
Old 2018-04-25, 11:25   Link #1656
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I wonder if Rose uses Mistelin against during the match? Maybe she used it to enhance her sealing technique while Ravel was able to gather a large amount of Phoenix fire to retire them?
Old 2018-04-25, 12:04   Link #1657
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

She uses it to defeat Brynhildr iirc
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 12:06   Link #1658
DragonOsman
Dragon King

After she caught her and the other four Valkyries off-guard by saying she's already kissed Ise? Poor Brynhildr.

By the way, Bennia Lover, please say here what you said on the Discord about Koneko. And help me kill the headcanon.
Old 2018-04-25, 12:10   Link #1659
kiiro94

Well just as @Lucidrago said, every single being in DxD fall under the 4 categories: Power, Technique, Support and Wizard.

He already explain the difference of each. And like he said, each being relays the most time in 1 or 2 categories.

But that doesnt mean that a Technique-Wizard type like Vali cant do a powerful attack, here Vali did a powerful attack:

Spoiler for Vali vs Loki:

Every being can gather a lot of energy (with their limits of output power) to make their strongest attack. This attack is no the usual attack that Vali does, since his attacks did not work against Loki, he needed to upgrade his power attack which we dont know what were would happened if hit Loki.

Rias, for example is a Wizard-Power user, or at least that is said, but I ser her being more a Power-Wizard type, she always throws her PoD and tries to overwhelm her opponents but even doing that her power output is weak since she lacks of mastery over her power, therefore created Extinguish Star. PoD is already a very powerful attack, IMO, the best power attack since it eliminated everything it touches so itself it is destructive.

Even If Rias didnt do big destructive attacks and just compressed the power she can destroy anything.

For that Sirzechs is said to have the second or first best technique in the underworld controlling small orbs with enough power to obliterated a satan class with ease. Just as Rias Extinguish Star to Grendel.

Sirzechs is not a Power type since he controls his orb like the palm of his hand, but he doesnt need power since his PoD is already as destructive as bigger attacks, his orb has very concentrated power. But that doesnt mean that that attack is the strongest he could do.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 12:15   Link #1660
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Basically, everyone has a specialization that they excel at. Vali is good with demonic power that is enhanced by his Sacred Gear, which he back up with good technique.

Rias is a Wizard/Power type sinces she uses her demonic power to try to overwhelm enemies. I still wonder if Akeno is Wizard/Power or Wizard/Technique type?

Last edited by Darksider555; 2018-05-18 at 12:50.