AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-05-04, 00:51   Link #4041
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
You don't poke the butt, you grab it.
There is one place to poke in a butt.......

i'll leave that to your imagination

With fenrir, prephaps vali is into furries??
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 00:57   Link #4042
Lucidrago

Well Issei has Kuroka, Koneko, and Kunou so furries aren't out of the question.

Strada was really slapping the monkey around wasn't he?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 06:37   Link #4043
Blazor 98

I'm looking forward to Life 5 translation so we can get that glimpse of Strada vs Arthur fight. It's weird that Koneko vs Kuroka's fight was overshadowed considering the volume is supposed to focus on them.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 08:25   Link #4044
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yeah their fight should have been the main fight.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 09:59   Link #4045
Lucidrago

Really Ishibumi has really been horrible about making the volume each girl's focus. Volume 22 felt way more like Issei's volume than anything else with the high-class devil promotion and him deciding to compete in the tournament. Well he's the MC but that basically just completely overshadowed Akeno. And then when Issei confesses in his match against Barakiel, we don't even see Akeno's reaction.

With Volume 23 , Asia was basically relegated to a few mentions from Dulio and one moment from Issei. And then Asia making the last shot bringing the score to 144-146. And then Issei just feels like confessing afterwards.

Ishibumi is not exactly the best when it comes to romance. While let's just get these confessions out of the way. But I feel that some of the confessions could be better well-placed.
Old 2018-05-04, 10:14   Link #4046
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Not really. The prior volumes did a good job at giving the girls focus. But it seems that he is slipping since he has to cram so many things at once.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 10:54   Link #4047
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Really Ishibumi has really been horrible about making the volume each girl's focus. Volume 22 felt way more like Issei's volume than anything else with the high-class devil promotion and him deciding to compete in the tournament. Well he's the MC but that basically just completely overshadowed Akeno. And then when Issei confesses in his match against Barakiel, we don't even see Akeno's reaction.

With Volume 23 , Asia was basically relegated to a few mentions from Dulio and one moment from Issei. And then Asia making the last shot bringing the score to 144-146. And then Issei just feels like confessing afterwards.

Ishibumi is not exactly the best when it comes to romance. While let's just get these confessions out of the way. But I feel that some of the confessions could be better well-placed.
Akeno had gotten a lot of spotlight prior vol 22 and the only thing that was lacking at that time about Akeno was Issei's confession. Sure, the confession could have been better but it was actually quite good. We got to see Akeno's reaction after the confession and that was sweet enough for me.

The same thing for Asia, i even think that vol 20 was basically her volume
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 11:07   Link #4048
Lucidrago

Well I was largely talking about the fifth arc and the confessions. Basically besides the ones who were the focus of their volumes, no one else got all that much attention in the fourth arc. While besides the power-ups not much attention was given.

Personally I believe his confession to Asia and Akeno should have happened much sooner than the fifth arc, but whatever.

And Volume 14's plot(fake Phenex Tears) didn't make any sense whatsoever.
Old 2018-05-04, 11:22   Link #4049
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Well I was largely talking about the fifth arc and the confessions. Basically besides the ones who were the focus of their volumes, no one else got all that much attention in the fourth arc. While besides the power-ups not much attention was given.

Personally I believe his confession to Asia and Akeno should have happened much sooner than the fifth arc, but whatever.

And Volume 14's plot(fake Phenex Tears) didn't make any sense whatsoever.
Because those girls (Akeno, Asia, Koneko, Rias) had gotten their focus before the fourth arc. The fourth arc was for those who hadn't got any developments like Irina, Xenovia, Ravel, and Ross, While the fifth arc is just to further their relationship.

Eh? For me all the confessions are more suitable to be done in fifth arc than the fourth arc, since Issei started becoming more concerned with his future ever since he became a high class devil.

Volume 14 wasn't that bad at all, sure the main plot was quite weak but the content itself was not that bad. We got to see Sona's tactic, Issei using his dragonoid body, Memphisto appearance, Ravel's reason for her admiration to Issei etc

Last edited by Royalknightftw; 2018-05-04 at 11:27. Reason: Add more stuff
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 11:23   Link #4050
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Akeno had gotten a lot of spotlight prior vol 22 and the only thing that was lacking at that time about Akeno was Issei's confession. Sure, the confession could have been better but it was actually quite good. We got to see Akeno's reaction after the confession and that was sweet enough for me.

The same thing for Asia, i even think that vol 20 was basically her volume
You mean what is supposed to be Issei’s volume
Old 2018-05-04, 19:10   Link #4051
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kiiro: You need me to explain what form Noman meant Ise is Maou-class in? He was overall Maou-class in Volumes 22-24, since he couldn't hold DxD G mode for more than three minutes due to which it didn't count. Based on that, what form do you think he was Maou-class in? And he was stronger than the original Maou but still considered Maou-class.

And by the way, Ise gets exhausted after firing Infinity Blaster. In the match against Baraqiel's team in Volume 22, and also in the match against Sona's team in Volume 23.5/DX4, he used Infinity Blaster in the beginning of the match to destroy the field (or most of it at least), and then in Volume 22 he fought Baraqiel sometime after that and may not have been at full power during the fight, and in Volume 23.5 he fought Saji after destroying the field which might be the reason why Saji was able to fight on par with him in hand-to-hand combat and why he took about two to three punches from a Partially Dragon Deified arm to get taken out. Although Saji also got a morale boost from his sister cheering for him.

Anyway, yeah, the confessions being in the fifth arc does make more sense since Ise was thinking about future after becoming a High-class Devil.

I want to see Rias' Professional Debut in the Rating Games. I hope we'll see it at some point. If not in Shin, then maybe in a sequel if we get one focused on Ise. And I'm also looking forward to DxD 0 (prequel about how Sirzechs and Grayfia met and fell in love, and about Sirzechs becoming a Maou), and also the sequel about 30 years later (maybe with Ise and Rias' son Ex as the MC?).
Old 2018-05-04, 21:47   Link #4052
kiiro94

Should we get a time skip after the 5th saga of the super devils?

I mean, after the tournament and the problem of Hades it would be cool to see a timeskip of the 30 years, but not focused in the children but the original characters.

Also a volume about, or at least one day inside the isolation barrier. Explaining how is their fight with the trihexa, how they turn each other, their base, who is stronger than who, are they getting stronger because in the main battle they can get stronger and release their potential.

For example Odin, if he is gonna die I can imagine Thor helping him and getting more stronger.

But what we know is that Trihexa is just sand sack, they can avoid his attacks and hit him.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 21:54   Link #4053
Lucidrago

@Osman Saji is basically Issei's parallel in this series. And that equates to him having large amounts of willpower and determination. And plus he's a dragon and dragons fight until they can't anymore. So while Issei is more powerful than Saji, Saji isn't weak to the point where he'll get instantly defeated by Issei(unless Issei uses DxD). We saw in Volume 5 how an unarmored Saji fared against Issei in Balance Breaker. Saji had one Sacred Gear and didn't even achieve Balance Breaker. Issei had one of the 13 Longinus and had achieved Balance Breaker. How long did he best Saji up before he went down?

And now Saji has 4 Sacred Gears and an armor Balance Breaker which would make it even harder even if Issei has CCQ. Even if weakened, Issei's power is still high enough to basically instantly defeat normal opponents.
Old 2018-05-05, 05:27   Link #4054
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise was severely handicapped when he fought Saji in Volume 5, so that's hardly a fair comparison. But I do agree with you. Saji can fight on par even with a full-power Ise - although he'd always lose as we've already seen. It's just that Saji's main fighting style involves using Vritra's abilities which it sounds like he didn't use against Ise in Volume 23.5. And that's my main problem with that fight aside from Ishibumi making the fight like Ise vs. Sairaorg in Volume 10 (which he even said was basically his aim). That's also another reason we don't like that fight: it's making Saji look like a Power-type and a Sairaorg. Do you understand?

I'm not saying Saji can't fight on par with Ise. The point is that he fights on par with him while making good use of Vritra's abilities. He's a Technique-type. Ddraig also said before that Vritra was a troublesome opponent because of his versatility, even though Ddraig always won when they fought. The situation between Ise and Saji is the same, but in Volume 23.5 Ishibumi seems to not have honored that since he wanted to make the fight look like Ise vs. Sairaorg in Volume 10. Saji didn't go down no matter how much Ise hit him. They traded 400 or so punches and kicks. And even after losing, Saji fainted standing up and then Ise hugged him.
Old 2018-05-05, 07:17   Link #4055
Lucidrago

A Longinus possessor who went Balance Breaker being handicapped compared to a guy with one Sacred Gear, no Balance Breaker, or no armor. That's hilarious.

Having a Longinus makes almost everything a handicap.

But basically if you have to pick someone out of the servants of the Rookie Four who can take on Issei in an extended battle as an equal, it would be between Kiba, Gasper, and Saji.

Really let's just wait until the volume is translated. But I remember that nom@n had said he read DX4 (or was it someone else) and from what he posted, he didn't think too highly of the fight.

Again we have to consider that Ishibumi did make Dulio a hand-to-hand power-type when he briefly fought Issei in Volume 23 so yeah.......
Old 2018-05-05, 07:21   Link #4056
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Do you remember the rules of the match in Volume 5? The rules put a huge amount of limitations on the Gremory peerage since they're mainly a Power-type team, and Ise was the one most affected. He really couldn't go all out. It may have been to show Rias and her team that their weaknesses can be easily exploited and to help them grow, which did work, but the match itself favored Sona's peerage too heavily because of the rules.
Old 2018-05-05, 07:29   Link #4057
Lucidrago

Do you remember that a Longinus has the power to kill gods? And the OP phenomenon known as Balance Breaker?

That power would have been more than enough to blow away even an average high-class devil. Even if holding back.
Old 2018-05-05, 07:36   Link #4058
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, you're right. But it still doesn't change the fact that that match favored Sona's peerage too heavily (even if it was meant to help Rias' peerage grow more by showing them their weaknesses).
Old 2018-05-05, 08:24   Link #4059
Lucidrago

Fist and Fangs, Absolute Demise: Ice Princess, and Slash.2 have been translated by zxzxzx.
Old 2018-05-05, 10:12   Link #4060
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Old news. They've been out since 1/5 and some of us (including me) have already read them.