AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-11-22, 08:02   Link #58141
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Speaking of which I had a bad but interesting dream: What if Madoka was actually lesbian and tried to kidnap and violate the harem...? Leaving Ichika to realize he has only ever loved one person romantically...

...Dan.

...oh damnit. Don't go there, brain. Just do...do NOT go there...
That would be like Klein in the Kirito harem.
Old 2015-11-22, 08:03   Link #58142
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Wait till someone adds in an Otaku IS pilot. A Noriko expy with IS is the last thing we need.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 17:37   Link #58143
The 48th Ronin

Isn't Kanzashi somehow an otaku already?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 22:13   Link #58144
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Isn't Kanzashi somehow an otaku already?
not after she started drooling over ichika, i bet she want a LIASON
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 05:22   Link #58145
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
not after she started drooling over ichika, i bet she want a LIASON
Why do I have a bad feeling about that?

Other than that, you guys doing okay on your fics?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 09:23   Link #58146
SRW-Otaku

Trying to take a Nobody Dies approach to IS, and failing. Resisting the urge of giving Houki a pair of twin Zankantou and giving Rin the RyuKoOh is harder than you can ever imagine.

Old 2015-11-23, 10:07   Link #58147
The 48th Ronin

I wonder, what exactly is Shinonono-ryu? I mean, what's its signature fight maneuvers and specialties?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 02:27   Link #58148
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
I wonder, what exactly is Shinonono-ryu? I mean, what's its signature fight maneuvers and specialties?
- You mean outside of drawing your sword and beating the crudola out of everyone with the scabbard in a violent rage?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 02:54   Link #58149
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think I figured out what I really hate about Ichika after making the argument of why I think Goku and One Punch Man is better than Superman.

Literally is that I think Ichika feels more like a protagonist than as a character. By that, I mean he literally doesn't feel like he exists inside the world the writer made but instead he is a pillar upon which the world stands. His motions dictate the whole story as he serves more of a function than a piece that interacts with all the other pieces.

I was wondering if anybody can relate to this point of view.
Old 2015-11-24, 03:01   Link #58150
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Literally is that I think Ichika feels more like a protagonist than as a character.
- EG he's the faceless player-character in most Visual Novel games. Did I understand that right?

I fully agree. Not surprisign considering what Izuru normally writes.
Old 2015-11-24, 03:17   Link #58151
demino_hellsin
That one guy

More or less. It'l like he's more developed to serve that function than as an actual character to the story. Which I'm currently guessing is rubbing me the wrong way with a lot of characters.
Old 2015-11-24, 20:28   Link #58152
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
More or less. It'l like he's more developed to serve that function than as an actual character to the story. Which I'm currently guessing is rubbing me the wrong way with a lot of characters.
I know what youre feeling, demino. After playing games with main characters being proper characters like Sora no Kiseki, the pre-Z3 SRW games and even Battle Moon Wars, Im REALLY iffy against characters who are there just to be mouthpieces or something the world revolves around .Example: Kirito.
Sadly, this is what most people nowadays consider as Kewl Chractor! ,ignoring the fact that this is a lazy way creator can jew people with.

Old 2015-11-25, 11:33   Link #58153
lovetospoon73

Quote:
I think I figured out what I really hate about Ichika after making the argument of why I think Goku and One Punch Man is better than Superman.

Literally is that I think Ichika feels more like a protagonist than as a character. By that, I mean he literally doesn't feel like he exists inside the world the writer made but instead he is a pillar upon which the world stands. His motions dictate the whole story as he serves more of a function than a piece that interacts with all the other pieces.

Make sense, we all notice that when his sister, houki & the others see him incredibly injured they all go berserk & become MORE VIOLENT, even prone to kill & the fact he's the only student there with some commonsense
Old 2015-11-25, 23:25   Link #58154
Router25
World Connector. I think

in short, he's a living plot device
Old 2015-11-27, 00:11   Link #58155
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:

I know, I know. But doesn't that deny your agument week before that you hate Ichika because he is plain? "Plain" is the direct opposite of "Pillar of the World".

And, that solidifies my point that you can improve much without changing Ichika base much.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 03:21   Link #58156
demino_hellsin
That one guy

No. In fact it worsens the whole damn thing because Ichika essentially becomes some sort of faceless function. He becomes a non-character with 0 characterization. His traits come and go as per the requirement of plot which don't build upon each other. His choices in most if not all times give no nod to his previous inclinations which give us no ability to identify him as anything but as faceless mass of plot goo.
Old 2015-11-27, 14:38   Link #58157
lovetospoon73

if wonder how chifuyu & the girls would react & end up like IF ichika complely hate them now?
Old 2015-11-27, 18:34   Link #58158
Router25
World Connector. I think

I think that would be possible from the start if he was not rescued by chifuyu and began hating ISes. Though since you meant now as in chapter 8 now I think that would be the branching off from the purge arftermath wherein chronicle might have given him information to bring him to task's side plus having a deep sense of guilt about what he saw in the girl's dreams , or the death of katana (this last part can be ignored ).
Old 2015-11-28, 07:49   Link #58159
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
I think that would be possible from the start if he was not rescued by chifuyu and began hating ISes. Though since you meant now as in chapter 8 now I think that would be the branching off from the purge arftermath wherein chronicle might have given him information to bring him to task's side plus having a deep sense of guilt about what he saw in the girl's dreams , or the death of katana (this last part can be ignored ).
Why are you answering to a troll's bait?

Old 2015-11-28, 07:56   Link #58160
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Sadly, this is what most people nowadays consider as Kewl Chractor!
- Thing with characters like that is that you really need to think through what makes them that character. As previously mentioned, Ichika is pretty much like a nameless player character in a Visual Novel. You know, the kind that in an anime version of the Visual Novel inadverdently ends up a dense doofus surrounded by girls. I think part of the "doofus" character necessity is because it lets the fans actually think they have a chance with the other female characters. I haven't watched enough of SAO to say for certain that this is how Kirito is but there is definitely some degree of similarity.

(Though you could probably argue that Kirito's a bit more clued into the girls feelings than Ichika ever will be--not that it's hard to do)

The trouble is that most people trying to make a story out of 1 guy multiple girls using harem-ish storyline (not necessarily a harem story, but one involving many girls attracted tot he main character), it's way too easy for a writer to make the character either a dense doofus (how many harem anime do exactly this?), an out and out perv (Moroboshi Ataru this is your life), or some jerkass (Yes Makoto, you. As well as a lot of H-anime protagonists)?

IMHO It's actually quite difficult to write a male character that has multiple love interests that's relateable without being some sort of loser/jerk. Most anime I've seen that are based on a Visual Novel or Renai game that DOESN'T have a moronically dense main male character usually tries to not make the story a harem (with mixed results).

...now that I think about it, I can't help but think of Naze from Gundam: IBO and his harem Ship o' Love. At the very least, he's a male character with a confirmed Harem that isn't a dense moron (from what I see), is actually likeable, and has a unique character to him. EG not a cookie-cutter Harem protagonist---then again he's not the main character of that series.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest