AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-13, 01:21   Link #641
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Ep 06

OOOOooooohhh Madoka Look at this girl, how fun can she get?

AS friendly avatar to anyone who wants it

Seriously, let's look at that in slow-mo:

What a face she can make

Lan was so funny with that energy drink, guess she's still not used to Earth stuff But ah man, I was hoping to see Muginami put on that pilot suit. Madoka gets her own scene like that but not Muginami? I have to see it! I have to know! Does Muginami use a bra? How come her skirt does not allow me to see her pantsu? Is that ear muffs on her head or a very nice headband? And that belt around her beautiful waist, ah I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!!! *mangatron's brain splodes*

Next ep things are back to normal already? And what is that eel doing to my Lan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll make a sis out of her

Never mind I'm probably the most hot-blooded one around here
Oh there you are, Sumi-chan. I was wondering where you've been. I.... was the only hot-blooded one around here, but it's nice to see I'm not alone.

Quote:
*Takes all three of them home, and sets up her own Mecha Harem*
You want a Mecha Harem?

Okay, you keep the mechs, and I'll just take the three girls!

*mangatron runs.....circles around Sumi-chan sticking his tongue out in a mocking gesture*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Sorry, already claimed by yours truly.
Are you kidding? All you did was put a claim on her and then walked away. That's like placing a pre-order and then not in line for release day You gotta show your support for her! You gotta lick her, and then post about how much you love her, all without getting your post edited!

Bugger, ever since I made my fetishes known, I've been a victim of NTR. Everyone tries to preempt me on my waifu's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Was this posted about here already?
I got to have those 3 posters of the three girls. Those are..... some nice legs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Also here's the end card for this episode courtesy of 2ch.

http://i.imgur.com/ETaYM.jpg
Wow look at that Muginami

While we're on the topic of end cards, anyone have the one for the previous ep (#05)? I seemed to have missed that one....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 01:35   Link #642
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You want a Mecha Harem?

Okay, you keep the mechs, and I'll just take the three girls!

*mangatron runs.....circles around Sumi-chan sticking his tongue out in a mocking gesture*
*Uses a sea-splitting energy weapon on mangatron and takes the girls back*

Mecha pilot girl harem
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 01:51   Link #643
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Super Robot Wars time: i wonder how Madoka reacts to the Asuno family & the cast of EVOL?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 02:23   Link #644
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Are you kidding? All you did was put a claim on her and then walked away. That's like placing a pre-order and then not in line for release day You gotta show your support for her! You gotta lick her, and then post about how much you love her, all without getting your post edited!

Bugger, ever since I made my fetishes known, I've been a victim of NTR. Everyone tries to preempt me on my waifu's
Too many good shows this season, dawg.

Hard to keep up with.

I haven't even got time to watch Senki Zesshou Symphogear yet, and there's a character there I like.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 03:30   Link #645
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
*Uses a sea-splitting energy weapon on mangatron and takes the girls back*

Mecha pilot girl harem
*Arrives with a mech*

Aw, I got ninja'ed....

*Blast Sumi-chan with a energy beam and steals Madoka and puts her into mind control*

She is mine! See my avatar? My girl! Mine! *insert manical laughter here*
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 03:41   Link #646
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
*Arrives with a mech*

Aw, I got ninja'ed....

*Blast Sumi-chan with a energy beam and steals Madoka and puts her into mind control*

She is mine! See my avatar? My girl! Mine! *insert manical laughter here*
*Deflects the beam with her Vox and punches djmaca into space*

No.
Old 2012-02-13, 04:15   Link #647
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

*watches the episode*

WTF was that!!!!wat just happened!? probaly wont get any answers next wk either....
Old 2012-02-13, 04:17   Link #648
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I was kind of surprised the tone of the preview was so mundane,I mean we see something major happening at the end and it seems like the preview acts like it didn't happen

Anyone know what did that end card?

Me:Oh look Madoka,they're all fighting over you without realising you've been with me all this time and the other is a fake clone,isn't that cute?
Madoka:Maaaaaru!
Old 2012-02-13, 04:34   Link #649
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Alright better do a proper post this time :P

Kirius scored alot more points with me this ep, the way he precieves things are so lol.

And i saw plps post about wanting Modoka to grow up and i gotta say NO WAY!!! DONT YOU EVER CHANGE MODOKA!!!

I will forever look at ep 3 with modoka singing the jersy club song in the middle of the fight with pure love ^^

MODOKAXKIRIS ENDING!!
Old 2012-02-13, 05:27   Link #650
Sides

Does Muginami has a catchphrase like the other two pilots?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:37   Link #651
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Does Muginami has a catchphrase like the other two pilots?
"Villa-oniichan!!!" <3
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:39   Link #652
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
*Takes all three of them home, and sets up her own Mecha Harem*
... and poor Muginagi cries while being forcefully dragged: "Onii-chan save me from these yuri female friends"

Anyway, waifu gladiators aside out of the three sci-fi pseudo-yuri shows of this season, this is the only one that I came to appreciate, since it has some decent production values (unlike Symphogear), it's not concealing the absence of plot with rich setting build-up (unlike Mini-Skirt)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:22   Link #653
inisipis

Quote:
OOOOooooohhh Madoka Look at this girl, how fun can she get?

AS friendly avatar to anyone who wants it

Cool I'll take this

Thanks a lot.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:33   Link #654
Sumeragi
Banned

I hope there's a scene of Madoka with glasses. It would fit me, I would say.
Old 2012-02-13, 12:33   Link #655
sa547
*Author

Quoted: Kirius after drinking a sample of an energy tonic... and almost lost his lunch.
Quote:
"THIS PLANET CANNOT BE UNDERESTIMATED!"

And poor Lan...
Spoiler for Game face???:

Finally, today's endcard art (credit to Yumekichi11):
Spoiler for endcard:
Old 2012-02-13, 12:38   Link #656
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Quoted: Kirius after drinking a sample of an energy tonic... and almost lost his lunch.

And poor Lan...
Spoiler for Game face???:

Finally, today's endcard art (credit to Yumekichi11):
Spoiler for endcard:

Lipovitan and Redbull: Earth's secret weapon against aliens.
Old 2012-02-13, 12:43   Link #657
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
Lipovitan and Redbull: Earth's secret weapon against aliens.
No, Cobra!

But seriously, we really wonder what motivates Muginami to "stand by her man", even if Villajulio wants to let go of her, and so the next episode might help us examine that relationship.
Old 2012-02-13, 13:01   Link #658
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
But seriously, we really wonder what motivates Muginami to "stand by her man", even if Villajulio wants to let go of her, and so the next episode might help us examine that relationship.
As they say "Love is Blind", and judging from the preview, the two have been through a lot together. it's never easy to just let go, no matter the circumstance.
Old 2012-02-13, 15:09   Link #659
Pheonix03

I've found the past few episodes disappointing, as there has been, in my opinion, a lack of focus in the direction of the story.

In the beginning, the focus was solely on Madoka, her perceptions, her passions, and those very close to her. But now the cast has expanded greatly, and the story is going really deep into this war and the players in it; I wouldn't mind this if it was explained through Madoka's perception of it, but its not, rather the story is practically tossing Madoka aside for the more "important" players in the story. I understand this is done to have a better understanding of the story, but it just makes the anime feel much less charming and unique, in my opinion at least.

The biggest factors going into this loss of focus I'm feeling are Villa and Muginami, who have felt more like the main characters than Madoka in the last few episodes, and it doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon going by the episode 7 preview. I've got nothing against these characters (though I do find Muginami to be pretty cliche), but it feels like they're put a little too high on the pedestal; hopefully, this is just for a small story arc and focus can return to Madoka.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 18:26   Link #660
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just got caught back up with this, after watching Episodes 5 and 6 back-to-back.

I must say that I love how unpredictable this show is. It's characters and plot develops in pretty bold, creative, and unconventional ways. Makes for a fun and dynamic watch.

That being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Of course, Villa expelled and rejected Muginami for her own good. She's ultra naive and reckless. She really enjoyed her time on Earth, is hanging with girls her own age... and she was about to betray them for him.

*snip*

Villa is obviously a "good guy."
Yeah, this is the vibe I got from Villa too. It's subtle, so it's possible I'm reading more into this than what is really there, but I found it suspicious that Villa started being a complete, brutal jerk to Muginami not long after she said "I honestly wished these days could continue for the rest of my life".

I'm inclined to think that Villa intentionally played the villain there in order to force Muginami into the life that she said she wished for.

My suspicion is that Villa knows that Muginami is very loyal/faithful to him, and wouldn't leave Kiss unless forced to do so, even if doing so would lead her into a happier life. This is consistent with Muginami rushing to his defense even after the way he was (seemingly) a complete, brutal jerk to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Madoka got told!!!

Honestly, I was getting really pieced at her during the first half of the episode (which is a good thing, because we're finally seeing her character flaws!!), so I loved when Muginami said exactly what I was thinking.
I'm glad I'm not alone here. I also was actually getting a bit annoyed by Madoka's extreme impulsiveness during Episode 6. It's funny that she's named "Madoka" because her personality could hardly be any more different than a certain other famous Madoka.

But then, I actually think I prefer Lagrange's approach to the "Coming of Age" story, presuming that Rinne no Lagrange takes it where I hope it does.

Anime "Coming of Age" stories are often about a seemingly weak-willed and/or milquetoast lead character gradually growing stronger and more confident in order to resolve the conflicts of the narrative and truly "come of age". This type of "Coming of Age" story has frankly been done to death in anime, in my experience. While they can still be compelling, I think that girls like Lagrange's Madoka are closer to your typical real life young person than PMMM's Madoka or the milquetoast male leads that are all over the place in other anime shows.

Madoka is full of spice and vinegar. Full of brash assertiveness, confidence, and a "take the bull by the horns" mentality. Youthful zeal, through and through.

In my experience, more teenagers are like that than they are milquetoast, shy, wishy-washy. And what teenagers like that need isn't strength and confidence (they already have that in flying colors, not unlike the OP of this show) but rather to learn how to not jump to conclusions or take everything at face value. Also to learn the value of discretion in some cases, and diplomacy in others.

My hope is that Madoka will learn that over this anime. That her "Coming of Age" story will not be about gaining confidence and strength, but about refining and better utilizing the ample amounts of it that she already has.

Right now she's like a bull in a china shop. Hopefully she'll grow into something with more finesse, but retaining her core charm as a character.

Quote:
The way she brushed off Lan's comment about Villa was pretty awful too (if consistent with her character), but again, it highlights her flaws so it's a "good" thing.
Agreed. I literally laughed out loud when she said "The past doesn't matter!"

Quote:

EDIT: I wasn't sure whether I liked this series before. NOW though, I really like it!!
Glad you're enjoying it. This is definitely a keeper for me too.

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri