AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 22:06   Link #801
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
It says absolutely nothing about him framing Villa, just that he has a "deep connection" with him, whatever that may mean.
They're not going to tell you he's the big bad in the series' website. For now it's just speculation.
Old 2012-02-23, 00:04   Link #802
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

no real plot yet atm but thats not surprising for a 2 part series probaly wont see the true plot unfold till ep 10.

UP THE FANSERVICE PLZ ^^
Old 2012-02-23, 03:40   Link #803
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Ok, finally catching up. It is now safe to say that this is a fantastic series with well-built character depth. Enjoy this episode yuriservice and how last few episodes focuses on Mugi and her backstory. Despite being my favorite, I was expecting her development to be much later. Glad I was proven wrong. Turns out she isn't quite as evil as I originally thought. Now I felt sorry for her tragic pass. She real deserves that bath hug from Madoka and strip beach night party from Woof after what she went through.

Strangely this series made me remembered what I used to experienced first time watching Madoka Magica
  • First, Madoka makes me think of Madoka Kaname with a bit of Sayaka personalities.
  • Muginami also reminds me of Mami because I also once thought she is evil until that happened.
Seems that a Pixiv artist read out your mind (links have NSFW adverts and/or content):

Madoka cosplaying as Madoka
Lan as HomuHomu
Muginami as... Hm, Mami.

Welcome aboard.
Old 2012-02-23, 12:03   Link #804
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Whoa, what's with the heavy Givygivio speculation the past few pages?

This series is about the girls! We will talk about nothing but the girls!

The girls!

WE

WILL

TALK

ABOUT
Spoiler for slightly nsfw. Only mangatron can click this!:

*hides*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
While there's 3 heroine skinny dipping? Thanks!
Naw, the girls were dipping in an inlet. See, I tossed you into the bay, as in, where The Island is floating around. And since you are an unknown flying object, The Island's anti-air lasers are painting you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
But where is the boob fondling gif with Muginami and Lan!?
Here it is, AS friendly and good to go.... for anyone else, anyways. I don't think you will change Rias... for the rest of your life! *runs*
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 12:07   Link #805
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
Hold on a sec! Who's that in your new avatar???
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 12:10   Link #806
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just a short comment on Villa and his attempt to kill Muginami.

It's not like he was doing that in cold-blood, guys.

He saw her mech flying furiously at him, and he probably guessed that it was because she was out for revenge. In a super robot war-zone, you have to defend yourself against a seeming attack like that. Villa probably thought 'Dang. It's either her or me now. I love that girl, but not enough to let her kill me if I can help it', and then he actually said "This is goodbye".
Old 2012-02-23, 12:15   Link #807
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
^
Hold on a sec! Who's that in your new avatar???
She's the glasses girl from Gokujo

You need to enable your visitor messages, pal :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

He saw her mech flying furiously at him, and he probably guessed that it was because she was out for revenge. In a super robot war-zone, you have to defend yourself against a seeming attack like that. Villa probably thought 'Dang. It's either her or me now. I love that girl, but not enough to let her kill me if I can help it', and then he actually said "This is goodbye".
Oh yeah, forgot to throw in my 2 cents

But that's what I'm thinking too. I really don't believe Givygivio was out to get red of her outright. I think he has a job to do, something he needs to see to it through the end. So when MugiMugi was charging at him, maybe he knew about that legend, and what it will do to the pilot, so end it all instead of seeing her life ruined by the legend. Er... I need to sleep
Old 2012-02-23, 12:30   Link #808
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
She's the glasses girl from Gokujo
I am shocked!
Why is no one subbing this?
My sources seem to have become unreliable. A rare day when bakaupdates has a sub that I can't find on toshokan or irc.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:01   Link #809
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I am shocked!
Why is no one subbing this?
My sources seem to have become unreliable. A rare day when bakaupdates has a sub that I can't find on toshokan or irc.
4 eps are subbed on nyaa
Old 2012-02-23, 23:29   Link #810
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Excuse me, but have we seen the same episode? Mugi could hardly fly the Vox at all, much less "furiously". She couldn't have been attacking him at all, even if she wanted to (which she still didn't).

Also, Villa knew very well that she had no piloting skills whatsoever, and that she couldn't have been trying to attack him. Thus - yes, he *did* try to kill her in cold blood, definitely. No point in trying to pretty-talk it all the time.

@mangatron
Lovely pics there!
Old 2012-02-24, 00:57   Link #811
bigdeath

Mangatron, your posts make me feel like I've sinned just by reading them.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 03:07   Link #812
fulingyu
ex-lurker

For awhile now, it seems that only one guy has dominated our discussions.

This guy has been romantized and villainized; held to scrutiny for his actions by some, and given a free pass by others. His every actions have been subjected to a microscope while countless WAGS (Wild Ass Guesses and Speculations) have been given for his supposed motivations. Yes, I know that WAGS are what this forum is for but I didn't realize this had become the VILLA FORUM.

And all this in an anime starring three hot young girls; a hotter older sister/cousin; and a pretty damn good sensei who is hot, very intuitive and caring, and is even hotter in a swimsuit??????

I guess everybody does love the Han-Solo-rogue-with-a-heart-of-gold type character. However, it is still too soon before we can really make a definitive yea or nay on whether Villa will ascend to this role. I will withhold my judgement until the end of the series.

Besides, there is so much more in this anime that requires - no screams out for our discussion. And not just the girlz.

Here are some things that have been intriguing to me:

The Voxes - we still know very little about them. How do they work? Madoka was able to jump start her's when Youko got her all agitated. This was after it shut down when she started to doubt herself. Strong emotions? Sheer willpower? Determination? And dare I say it - "Guts!"

Later the commander asks Youko how she got Madoka to restart the Vox and continue fighting. Youko says that she just reminded Madoka to finish what she started. However, when Youko hung up the phone with Madoka, she had a smile on her face as if she was satisfied and knew that Madoka would win the fight. Although Youko had no way of knowing that the Vox had shut down, she could see that Madoka was losing the battle. Did she know that getting Madoka riled up would get her spirits back up to fight or did she know something about the robot feeding off of emotions?

And how would an archaeologist studying ancient history know about robots in the first place? Youko promised the picture of Madoka's mother that she wouldn't let Madoka pilot a robot. She also knew exactly where to look for the Memoria on Madoka's body. When Madoka first touched the vox, she had a flashback of seeing the vox as a child underwater. Was Madoka at one time drowning as a child, made contact with the vox and it saved her? It looked like there was a light going straight up from the vox underwater. If so, Madoka may have first received the Memoria at this time. That would explain why Youko knew where to see if the Memoria had reappeared.

Lan told Madoka in the first episode that Madoka must have made a promise with the Vox in the past and that they would entrust their souls to each other and become comrades. While Lan may be speaking metaphorically, this implies that the Vox is ALIVE. And it has a conscious will if it can make a promise. After Madoka's first battle, she remarks that the color of the Vox has changed. Did it change because the Vox had "rebonded" with it's original promisee or contractor?

Madoka also tells Lan that the Vox is really easy to control (none of this "Just concentrate on walking, Shinji" stuff), which bothers Lan who has earlier issues with controlling her own Orca. Did the vox adapt to Madoka who could "only ride a bike" before?

Consider when Madoka got really pissed because Mugi told her off while she was defending the guy who tried to kill her? Madoka got so mad that it had an effect on her Vox. An overload of strong emotions and feelings? Villa must have recognized this as he calmly says "yes, that's it". Did he see this happen before? Where and when? Does it have something to do with Yurikano?

Lan might have recognized this "reaction" also as she tries to grab Madoka and stop her. Both Lan and Mugi are overcome by the reaction but we don't see what happened to Madoka the source of the reaction.

It looks like vines start growning out of Madoka's vox and then the flowers start falling like snowflakes. The flowers look like the flowers in Lan's flashback with the young Villa. Moid also must have had a feeling about what was going on as he says "impossible, it can't be". Then Moid goes outside to look at the flowers more closely. It's intersting that Youko watches Moid leave as if she suspects something is going on.

Moid catches a flower in his hand. Like a snowflake it dissolves on contact. Moid has a physical reaction to the flower and this really wipes the grin/smirk off his face. Are the flowers dangerous or toxic to human touch? Maybe just to people from Le Garite?

Moid asks himself "Is this what Villa is really after"? Did he also see this reaction before? Then Moid laughs maniacally and declares "The Rin-ne has blossomed".

Even the title of this show asks questions. It's been said earlier that Rinne could mean "circle" or "reincarnation". Circle meaning a repeat or return of things. Is that why the three Voxes were found in different parts of Earth? And weren't they all found underwater? Madoka's Vox was underwater and another was found in the Bermuda Triangle. Does this have any significance? Or is history repeating itself with the legends surrounding the Voxes?

Reincarnation means that there has to have been a death first before you can reincarnate someone or something. Reincarnate what? Yurikano? Is that what Villa is trying to do? Or something else? When Kirius first sees Earth, he remarks that it doesn't look like a planet that has already died. And then he mentions Yurikano's name. Is he talking about the Earth somehow was destroyed and reincarnated and that's how the Voxes got on Earth?

Kirius tells Madoka that he wants her to return with him to his planet because he needs her power. What power? She's just barely learning to control the Vox. Power of emotions? Power of reincarnation?

And then there's the legends about the Voxes that troubled Lan. What was so scary about the Voxes that traumatized her? Had she seen the Rin'ne blossoming before? With Yurikano maybe? Is that why whe tried to stop Madoka from doing the same thing?

In the first battle, Madoka broke through Array's AT Field, sorry, subspace field (shield). Array is shocked and says "Is this the Legend"? Then he gets all serious and whips out his beam saber. He doesn't finish his thoughts but obviously the legends have him worried also.

Since the Vox appears to feed off of human emotions and will, is it like a parasite relationship with the person? If the emotions overload, will the Vox consume it's partner/host? Could this be the legend? Did this happen to Yurikano? Didn't Lan say the the Vox and pilot would become comrades? But what if the emotions overload causing the Rin-ne to blossom?

It's clear that the blossoming caused Lan and Mugi to pass out. Maybe the blossoming is harmful to others but not the pilot? We don't know because we don't see what happened to Madoka at that time. Sure, everyone was fine afterwards, but what if the overload continued? Would it effect the pilots permanently?

So you see that there's a lot more to discuss than "Is Villa the second coming of Han Solo".

And here's one more.

Have you noticed something about the three chairs that appeared on the beach after the Rin-ne blossomed? They also appear prominently in the ending song.

Madoka's is a folding chair
Lan's is a straight back chair
Mugi's has a rounded front

Does this represent

Madoka's flexibility in life (good in all things, always cheerful)
Lan's stiffness in life (she IS the princess after all)
Mugi has rounded out after her rough life. And she has the biggest bust (rounded front) of the three.

Or am I just being perverted here?

Last edited by fulingyu; 2012-02-24 at 08:21. Reason: misspelling
fulingyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:04   Link #813
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulingyu View Post
Madoka's is a folding chair
Lan's is a straight back chair
Mugi's has a rounded front

Does this represent

Madoka's flexibility in life (good in all things, always cheerful)
Lan's stiffness in life (she IS the princess after all)
Mugi has rounded out after her rough life. And she has the biggest bust (rounded front) of the three.

Or am I just being perverted here?
You are just a pervert like the rest of us!

Come just say as the chairs represent their bust, Mugi biggest>Madoka 2nd normal > Lan "flat"(smallest of them)
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 07:54   Link #814
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It wouldn't be surprised if none of the dudes are the bad guys...

What if it's an evil stepmother or evil matriarch that is behind all the strife? In some magical girl shows... the big bad is often a female.

I think Lan, Madoka, and Muginami will resolve whatever misunderstanding there is with Villa by episode 10-12. But who knows what will happen to him? He could replace the guy the tightly squints his eyes as their leader. The girls may head into space with him.

Madoka's cousin could be the pilot of a fourth Vox unit since she's about Villa's age. Villa's team currently consists of himself and three guys who are about the same age as Madoka, Lan, and Muginami. Madoka's cousin on the team would make them match.

As for the romance angle...

Villa is the romantic hero, devilish rogue, badass space pirate. Of course, the chicks are likely to swoon over him, particularly the ones that know him personally and have idolized him.

If the main villain is a big bad witch, evil stepmom, queen bee... he's likely to become the guy they'll have to save... because he'd be a prince in distress.

I think Del betraying Villa seems more personal and I don't really think they'll go Sailor Moon with this.

Lan wll be forced to choose between her brother and Villa.

As for the chairs... it represents their personalities.

Folding chair: Madoka is a low maintenance girl. She's sporty, adaptable, doesn't wear make up, on the go. She's at home anywhere like a folding chair.

Plain metal or wooden chair: Lan is practical, smart, focused. Her chair is the type you find at the library, school, government office.

Fancy chair: Muginami has the most fancy looking designed chair. The type of chair you'd find in front of a mirror, dinner table, inside a home. Her chair looks the most expensive. The most high maintenance girl. She has the most issues and she's the girliest.

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-02-24 at 08:05.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:03   Link #815
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The guy whos always with Lan on the station is definitely evil.
You can tell because he's got slit eyes and a snakesmile at all times. Those are clear evil-indicators in anime.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 13:58   Link #816
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I am really late for the party here I don't really have anything substantial to add, just that any episode without mecha action is bound to be excellent in many ways
While even the episodes with mecha action have been excellent, I agree with you when the focus is on Madoka, Lan, and Muginami's relationship, this is were this series has truly shined!

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2012-02-24 at 22:55.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 14:40   Link #817
fulingyu
ex-lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think Del betraying Villa seems more personal and I don't really think they'll go Sailor Moon with this.

Lan wll be forced to choose between her brother and Villa.
I don't believe that it's been proven that Lan's brother ever betrayed Villa. Heck, he hasn't even been formally introduced in the anime yet.

This is supposition and still remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

As for the chairs... it represents their personalities.

Folding chair: Madoka is a low maintenance girl. She's sporty, adaptable, doesn't wear make up, on the go. She's at home anywhere like a folding chair.

Plain metal or wooden chair: Lan is practical, smart, focused. Her chair is the type you find at the library, school, government office.

Fancy chair: Muginami has the most fancy looking designed chair. The type of chair you'd find in front of a mirror, dinner table, inside a home. Her chair looks the most expensive. The most high maintenance girl. She has the most issues and she's the girliest.

High maintenance, low maintenance, has issues, practical, sporty, doesn't wear make up, looks expensive, type you find at the library.

You know, the way you describe them, it sounds MORE like notes from a guy's "little black book" on how to date these girls.
fulingyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 03:12   Link #818
justpassingby

I have been busy and dispirited by Arsenal as of lately but has this character been posted before?
Quote:
Grania (CV: Nakajima Megumi)
One of the initial member of Kiss, she is Villagiulio right hand woman and a capable front-line commander. Grania has served Villagiulio for a long time, and love and respect him.
21 years old
F/Z じゃないやで

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-02-25 at 12:35.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 03:58   Link #819
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulingyu View Post
Even the title of this show asks questions. It's been said earlier that Rinne could mean "circle" or "reincarnation". Circle meaning a repeat or return of things. Is that why the three Voxes were found in different parts of Earth? And weren't they all found underwater? Madoka's Vox was underwater and another was found in the Bermuda Triangle. Does this have any significance? Or is history repeating itself with the legends surrounding the Voxes?
Kirious called Earth the world that was destroyed. The Vox are both mythical and real to the planets of the Polyhedron.

I'm going to compare the Polyhedron to the Inner Sphere of Battletech. With competing houses and alliances.

Earth it seems was a myth to these people till recently. Think Battlestar Galactica.

They seem to believe the Vox is a destructive force. And that force probably destroyed Earth.

I'm going to guess the Polyhedron are colonies of Earth. Of a now extinct civilization.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:41   Link #820
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Mangatron, your posts make me feel like I've sinned just by reading them.
I get this reaction to just my sigs and avatars. Imagine, I can make a blank post, and it'll be enough to crush minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I have been busy and dispirited by Arsenal as of lately but has this character been posted before?

F/Z じゃないやで
An addition last week, I noticed this too, but I wasn't sure if it was posted before so I paid it no mind. It is a little difficult for me to backtrack the previous pages

Still, I gotta ask the question (again). What's with the fur? MugiMugi's coat like thing has a big fluff, GivyGivy dude chose a coat with some fur, and now this girl, got furry shoulder pads. This organization is the enemy of PETA

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri