AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-05, 05:52   Link #741
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
I have a feeling that this is where Kudelia has her chance to shine. Maybe she is able to sway the commander not to side with Rustal.
From the looks of it, he was probably a plant by Rustal. So, Kudelia will have little hope there other than perhaps threatening to make a public statement of some kind.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:22   Link #742
B214

Well if the Gjallahorn members there are all Mars people, then Kudelia's words may have a significant effect on them. In that sense, the leader may very well be powerless.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:44   Link #743
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well if the Gjallahorn members there are all Mars people, then Kudelia's words may have a significant effect on them. In that sense, the leader may very well be powerless.
Gjallarhorn soldiers are rarely from Mars. Remember, Ein was only half Martian, and he could barely get anywhere and there was major prejudice against him. Full Martian you might as well forget it. All of Gjallerhorn soldiers are predominately from Earth. Everyone else is seen as lower quality. Even Gali treated Martians as beneath him in the beginning before he began to know Ein.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 06:46   Link #744
Skaddix

No Gjhallahorn is all Earth Born. Otherwise Ein wouldn't be getting crap for being half Martian.

Now maybe Kudelia can lean on dear old dad and gin up the civillians or a certain rich patron to provide some support to Tekkadan.

Glad to see Orga will be back to normal.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 07:42   Link #745
B214

We still don't know how much affect season 1 has on Gjallarhorn. Isurugi isn't Earth-born, but he's also in Gjallarhorn. So things may have changed a lot since then.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 09:18   Link #746
Irenesharda

I was at first afraid that Orga was going to disband Tekkadan when I first saw next week's PV, but listen to Dane and Hush this week, when they faced Zack with the issue that Tekkadan really is the only place for people like them, I now can't see him doing that. They are going to go forward, even if this be their last stand.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 13:50   Link #747
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
No Gjhallahorn is all Earth Born. Otherwise Ein wouldn't be getting crap for being half Martian.

Now maybe Kudelia can lean on dear old dad and gin up the civillians or a certain rich patron to provide some support to Tekkadan.

Glad to see Orga will be back to normal.
I suspect Kudelia might play the economic class card, which also affects some people outside of Mars even if Mars is the poster child of it. It might be a chance for true independence for Mars than a partial one. That might get some of the militias involved as well since there's been a huge increase in militarilization after Season 1. I don't know what support she get to master it.

I think this is what Isurugi meant about believing in McGillis' revolution and about Gaelio not knowing hardship, he ultimately knew that McGillis was one of them and they were able to form a bond that was closer than Gaelio ever did.

Not sure whether that's going to be enough to from s pure numbers perspective, probabaly not but it might make it fits the themes of economic hardship presented in this episode. About Tekkadan being the only place most of them belong, and how the whole of Mars is a representation of the issues of the current system.
Old 2017-03-05, 14:42   Link #748
Batknight

After this episode I am certain Mika is going to die by the end of this. They've been setting it up since the ending of the battle with the Mobile Armor but this episode confirmed it by hinting at that Mika and Atra totally did it. Mika is going to die by going to go berserk one last time to ensure Orga and Kudelia will create a world where child soldiers like him who only know war and fighting won't exist, and Atra giving birth to his child will be how he 'passes it on' into this new world. Mika's has sacrificed so much of himself now for Orga's and his dream that there's no place for him in this new world so there would be no point in his surviving, because he can only exist to fight now due to being totally dependent on Barbatos. Mika is now fighting to destroy the need for his own existence. It's only appropriate that it ends with his death.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 18:53   Link #749
The 48th Ronin

I wish I'm not the only one who thinks this last stand by Tekkadan will trigger a Martian Revolution.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 20:24   Link #750
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
I wish I'm not the only one who thinks this last stand by Tekkadan will trigger a Martian Revolution.
Given Kudelia's upcoming involvement and her previous symbolic role as "Maiden of the Revolution" in Season 1, seems like that's the only thing that can save Tekkadan now. The latest episode also brought up again some economic topics in regards to some of the characters, with Isurugi bringing up that as the reason why Gaelio couldn't understand McGillis, and Hush bringing it up as the reason why so many of Tekkadan's members really do feel like they belong there since there's no other place on Mars for them.
Old 2017-03-06, 04:41   Link #751
Skaddix

Well yeah I mean the only reason Kudelia has any understanding as upper classer is because she was long conned into becoming a Revolutionary.

I don't think a Martian Revolution would get far. Sure Kudelia can give some speeches but you need military power because as we have seen Rustal has Zero Problem crushing Revolutions Hard.
Old 2017-03-06, 07:19   Link #752
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Well yeah I mean the only reason Kudelia has any understanding as upper classer is because she was long conned into becoming a Revolutionary.

I don't think a Martian Revolution would get far. Sure Kudelia can give some speeches but you need military power because as we have seen Rustal has Zero Problem crushing Revolutions Hard.
Thing is Upper classes are aware of the concept of Enlightened Self Interest. Which is why they are A-OK with Mars resource independence and Dort's labor welfare. Hell all the settlements on Mars except SAU are autonomous governments.

But to the Seven Stars it is a foreign concept. Generations of Affluenza made them insensitive to the masses.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 07:21   Link #753
Skaddix

Might Makes Right is the Gjhallahorn Modus Operandi.
Old 2017-03-06, 07:58   Link #754
AlphaVi

So, this is just me, but what if maybe the sacrifice that has to be made next episode is by Kudelia. She becomes the scapegoat for Macky's revolution or some kind?

Also, about Atra... Was she really pregnant?! How old is she anyway?!
AlphaVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 08:12   Link #755
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaVi View Post
So, this is just me, but what if maybe the sacrifice that has to be made next episode is by Kudelia. She becomes the scapegoat for Macky's revolution or some kind?

Also, about Atra... Was she really pregnant?! How old is she anyway?!
Atra should be 18 or older by now.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 08:27   Link #756
Irenesharda

Quote:
I don't think she's that old. She is younger than Kudelia and Kudelia was 16 last season. So, I would have put Atra at about 15 going on 16 . So, by this season, I'd say 16 going on 17.

I don't think anyone of the kids that are Tekkadan are over 20. Eugene, Shino, Akihiro, and Orga should be the oldest somewhere between 17 and 20.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-06, 08:29   Link #757
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
16 it was a one year timeskip. Atra was 15.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:30   Link #758
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
16 it was a one year timeskip. Atra was 15.
The time skip was more than a year because at the beginning it was said that the Edmonton fiasco took place the year before last, so it's 1+ to 2 years ago. Then Merribit said a dozen episodes ago that it had been half a year since the new recruits (Hush) had joined. Add to that all those little timeskips (2-3 weeks for trips between Mars and Earth, a month after the MA incident, etc) we've been getting since then, and the least figure you'll get is that it's been more than 2 years from the series' start, more like 3 already.

So if Atra/Mika were 15, they're at least 17 now, more like even 18 or at least soon will be. According to the manga, Biscuit was about the same age as Kudelia at the beginning, that is at least 16, so all of the older guys (Orga, Eugene, Akihiro, Shino) were at least that age or older, like 17, so now they all are at the very least 18, more like 19 and some close to hitting their 20ies.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 10:51   Link #759
FerrusManus

Atra said she was ten years old when she fled the brothel, and that she met Mika six years ago. That would make her 16 at the start of Season 1.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-06, 11:07   Link #760
tdx

Quote:
Atra said she was ten years old when she fled the brothel, and that she met Mika six years ago. That would make her 16 at the start of Season 1.
I rewatched that part just now (episode 10), and Atra did say that she met the Tekkadan guys when she was 10, but she said nothing about how many years ago it took place. So no, the odds are she's younger than Kudelia (who was 16 at the beginning).
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote