AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-15, 02:47   Link #21
chaos_animagic

Felt like it would be pretty funny if the tiny Mummy turns out to be a chibi loli girl. Hay, it happens.

Anyways, a pretty interesting and cute series to watch.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 17:19   Link #22
Nivek von Beldo

Is the Mummy male or female? or is genderless?

funny chapter.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 17:27   Link #23
Mistyclear

^According to the subtitles it’s a male...but the Japanese don’t have he/she in their language so I have no idea if it’s true.

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a mummy vs a rat. Mii is still as cute as ever though.
Another good episode.

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-01-18 at 17:55.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 18:07   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
^According to the subtitles it’s a male...
Wouldn't that make it a "daddy"?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 22:31   Link #25
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
...but the Japanese don’t have he/she in their language so I have no idea if it’s true.
A bit off topic but if there isn't a he/she in the Japanese language, then how do they differentiate the genders in their communications?

...back on topic, made a big mistake of watching this episode on public transit. I was grinning to myself like a silly idiot because of a how cute Mii-kun was...I'm sure people were wondering what the world I was watching on my phone.

I think this is the first time ever that I see a mummy as cute.

That scene where Sora explained how Mii's bandages were like his skin and glared at his friend..lol! The tables were turned and we found out that Sora was the truly scary one in the room.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 09:25   Link #26
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
A bit off topic but if there isn't a he/she in the Japanese language, then how do they differentiate the genders in their communications?
That I know of, you can still tell by other signs, like the honorifics, verbal forms etc. Then again, I don't know if all languages have genders. It's not an essential thing, and a lot of languages leave stuff to context. Compared to Italian for example, where every noun is gendered, including those of inanimate things, English is pretty mild too in that regard.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 11:51   Link #27
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Japanese has pronouns like kanojo which means both she and girlfriend and kare which means he. It's just that the Japanese language and sentence structure doesn't really require them. (I'm pretty sure I'm not explaining this right.) The person's name if known by both speakers is often used, and a lot of things tend to be inferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
That I know of, you can still tell by other signs, like the honorifics, verbal forms etc. Then again, I don't know if all languages have genders. It's not an essential thing, and a lot of languages leave stuff to context. Compared to Italian for example, where every noun is gendered, including those of inanimate things, English is pretty mild too in that regard.
Darn romance languages. I'm pretty sure French and Spanish are the same.
Old 2018-01-23, 18:54   Link #28
kuromitsu

Japanese has genders, what it doesn't have is grammatical gender. Gendered pronouns do technically exist (although "kanojo" didn't exist until Meiji times, until then "kare" was used regardless of gender, and though it's possible to write say, "anata" to make it obviously feminine it's more of a stylistic thing than something required by grammar), and there's a number of ways to make someone's gender obvious, but it's not a grammatical "thing" that is required. You can technically have an entire story told in 3rd person without ever revealing the protagonist's gender.

(My first language doesn't have grammatical gender either, nor gendered pronouns... which is why if I'm not paying attention I'm prone to misgendering people in other languges. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
English is pretty mild too in that regard.
Old English, on the other hand... Beautiful language but the damn thing is pretty much German, only much, much worse.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2018-01-23 at 19:26.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 16:17   Link #29
Nivek von Beldo

Poor Sora,having a sickness is the worst and he always put others over other people.

So the Big Sis was the one the Casket(make sense that design rather the more traditional Egyptian Sacrophagus)

Wonder how a mummy, aka an undead would get a flu, it should not have an inmune system to begin with

Umm i'm the one feels yaoi undertones, those are on the manga or is just me?

That Fucking glasses, the sterotype is becoming more moe like but was like she become a lovestruck dominatrix, what is the story behind that event?

So next chapter we meet the blue haired family and the mini Oni?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 17:47   Link #30
Mistyclear

Another episode overflowing with sweetness although there was a mix of bitterness in it as well.
I like the bonding that’s going on in this series, looking forward to more bonding in the next episodes. Looking forward to meeting the Oni.

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-01-26 at 11:35.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 21:59   Link #31
MCAL

2-3:
I'm pretty certain this show is illegal in at least 20 different countries.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 12:24   Link #32
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just as I was thinking I really liked Kaede they gave her this "lovestruck dominatrix" routine. That could wear thin.

My favorite single shot of Mii-kun was with the band-aid over his mouth as a mask. I burst out laughing at that.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 18:08   Link #33
kuromitsu

What with this and Gakuen Babysitters, it seems it's flu season in Cute Anime World...

Mii-kun soaking up the cold water and plastering himself on Sora's forehead all night was adorable. Aww, look at the tiny critter doing his best to help! (If he was a cat he'd just curl up on you and enjoy your fever... ) And the revelation that he's been shriveling up because he was crying was kind of heartbreaking. Sora, you must never ever leave him alone again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Just as I was thinking I really liked Kaede they gave her this "lovestruck dominatrix" routine. That could wear thin.
True, I hope they won't overdo it. Still, Tazuki's reaction to Kaede-sama was hilarious, so it was worth it for that alone.
Old 2018-01-31, 17:37   Link #34
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

That was pretty random. At first my gf thought it might be because the glasses too were a present from Sora's dad and had some magical property. Apparently, no, it's as inexplicable as Dragonball's Lunch .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 15:36   Link #35
videoman190

videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 18:51   Link #36
kuromitsu

OK, Mii-kun is still the cutest but Conny is also adorable. That stupid face really is something. But wow, Tazuki's household is looking at difficult times, now that there are three tsundere...
Old 2018-02-02, 11:18   Link #37
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
OK, Mii-kun is still the cutest but Conny is also adorable. That stupid face really is something. But wow, Tazuki's household is looking at difficult times, now that there are three tsundere...
I swear between this and Gakuen Babysitters, I'm going to have some strong facial muscles at the end of this season from all the grinning I've been doing.
Old 2018-02-02, 12:50   Link #38
LKK

Did I hear correctly? Was Conny quietly grunting? Awww.

I wasn't expecting him to make any sounds.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 20:58   Link #39
MCAL

Well that's one big happy tsundere family.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 11:49   Link #40
HandofFate

good blue hair imouto.

so wait...with the sister's reaction, she sure took it easily. Does everyone acknowledge this thing or is it just because of the relationship with the MC.

Cause the background characters don't believe them I guess.