Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-22, 12:28   Link #81
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
"Like, I'd totally tap that" is what she might have said if she spoke English.
Hrm, except thats not really a female expression. At least Ive never heard it
spoken by one.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 13:16   Link #82
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

... the context is wrong. 'Tap' would generally be used to mean taking money from or otherwise extort something from someone (as in tapping an oil source or so). So, it kind of comes across as her saying that she'd take him for everything he's got (that might be the case of course, not all girls are nice ).

We know what she probably meant though, so I guess it's all good in the end
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 13:26   Link #83
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Hrm, except thats not really a female expression. At least Ive never heard it
spoken by one.
I have to agree.

It's not really a female expression. I believe its urban origination comes from the expression "tap a keg" (keg of beer) ... thusly, it's a very phallic expression. "I'd tap that..." is to say you'd "insert (thrust) something into something" … I often hear men say "I’d tap that ***." in meetings I sometimes attend (against my will).

I do think it was a bit of pop culture latitude taken by the translator and it’s out of place (gender specific). Unless a girl here can honestly say they use "I’d tap that" when eyeing someone they desire...which is possible because in its most liberal interpretation, "tap" can be a generic genderless "I'd like to have sex with _________" colloquialism.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2005-12-22 at 14:22. Reason: Pronoun trouble
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 13:54   Link #84
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
"I'd tap that..." is to say you'd "insert (thrust) something into something"
Mmm... that's certainly another interpretation. I'd agree that either way it's not really a suitable expression for that girl to be saying though.
Old 2005-12-22, 14:21   Link #85
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yeah, bad choice of colloqialism. We can all agree with that. Somebody stone their editor.

Now please let it rest and give them credit for at least trying. After all... they are doing this as volunteer labor in the faint hope that they might possibly make someone happy with their fansub. If you don't like it, then don't download it. Blah, blah, blah...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 14:29   Link #86
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

/me throws a stone at the editor, but gently.

Anyway, I'm sticking with afk, thanks. That's about the only thing I've actually found to crit in any way, otherwise it's spot on and I'm enjoying their subs
Old 2005-12-22, 14:31   Link #87
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Yeah, bad choice of colloqialism. We can all agree with that. Somebody stone their editor.

Now please let it rest and give them credit for at least trying. After all... they are doing this as volunteer labor in the faint hope that they might possibly make someone happy with their fansub. If you don't like it, then don't download it. Blah, blah, blah...
Hehe, have you ever heard of the "uncanny valley"?

Things that are almost but not quite perfect inevitably get the most complaints.

So take it as high praise
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 14:34   Link #88
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:

Sorry...I wasn't picking on anyone. I'm enjoying the work as well and appreciate the effort. No ill will meant if anyone took offense.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 17:34   Link #89
Zeffy

Send a message via AIM to Zeffy Send a message via MSN to Zeffy
Episode 8 caps: http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2018749.htm

This episode is going to scare me.. Dang Weiner Dancers
http://dat.2chan.net/18/src/11352651121984fa4.gif
Zeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 18:52   Link #90
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Annoying bishie fan club? Noooo.... ;_;

Better looking than Yuki's... but the outfits... >_<
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 21:45   Link #91
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Rofl episode 8.....making this series all the more enjoyable

Spoiler for episode 8:

Arrr, I wish they show next ep sequences for the previews, just voice only makes me wanna see what next ep is, not just think about it
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 01:22   Link #92
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Sorry sorry AKF is doign a great job overall its jsut soemtimes pop culture can scar me so 0-o *L* I dont mind so much when its in that kinda setting but..eh....my brain is fried >< *L*
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 21:33   Link #93
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I wonder what would happen to Karin and Kenta in the near future.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2005-12-23 at 21:58.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 09:06   Link #94
Lambda

Whenever Winner is on screen, I think of Excel Saga. Though with Excel Saga being one of my favourite anime comedies, that isn't exactly a problem.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 13:49   Link #95
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yahagi Sayuri interview

There's a "Yahagi Sayuri support thread" on 2ch. One post linked to an interview done just as she was beginning recording on Karin.

Here is a rough translation:

You're just about to start recording Karin. How do you feel?

Yahagi Sayuri (YS): Umm, half happy and half nervous.

What were your feelings when you were given the role?

YS: “No way!!!” (laughs) I thought they were kidding me. Then during a call from the agency explaining things, I began to realize: “Oh, it's really true.” At first, it didn't feel real at all.

Tell us about the character Karin.

YS: Karin is a “blood-giving vampire,” but she's also a shy ordinary girl. Her emotions really came out in the original manga when I read it. You honestly just wanted to help her because she seemed so cute and vulnerable.

Do you have anything in common with Karin?

YS: Karin is clumsy, and I'm also a bit clumsy....(laughs) Sometimes I fall over for no reason at all. And in general I'm a pretty happy person.

And are there ways in which you're definitely not like her?

YH: Well, I don't bite people (laughs)! And I've noticed how nice Karin is to people. That isn't so much something where I'm not like her as something in her that I'd like to imitate.

Karin is your debut role. What made you want to be a voice actress?

YH: Because of my high voice, in elementary school my friends called me “Burikko” (kiddy-girl, child-like woman). It was really mortifying. But I thought: “Someday I'll get back at you.” It was in my second year of middle school (grade 8) that I first learned there was such a job as “voice actress” and wondered if I might be able to make use of the voice I had such a complex about. That challenge was my impetus to becoming a voice actress. Up until then, because I liked drawing, I wanted to be a mangaka.

A mangaka! So you liked manga and anime even then?

YH: I especially loved Sailor Moon. We used to play Sailor Moon all the time. I had no idea at all that one day I would become a voice actress myself (laughs).

What kind of voice actress do you want to become?

YH: I want to be someone who never betrays the people who watch something I do, a voice actress about whom they can say: “Yahagi Sayuri is really good in this role.”

Finally, do you have anything you want to say to people?

YH: I'm going to do my utmost to get closer and closer to Karin's feelings. I want to do everything I can to have Karin and I grow up together. Please give your support to “Karin”, everyone.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-01-30 at 16:16.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 19:21   Link #96
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Okay so the new bishie hotties name is Weiner or Winner? Haven't gotten the seventh ep yet. But ooh new bishie to add to my list along with Ren, lol.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 15:05   Link #97
misakichii

i just watched episode 8 last night before watching the last episode of hyd. well things are getting pretty hot in karin. i really thought that this time karin will finally bite usui. but that didn't happen. in episode 8 where karin and usui hid in the locker, it really made me thought that karin will finally bit usui. but sadly that didn't happen. but something else happened. something really hot happened to them. that is when they were in the locker karin...usui... they... they...ahhhh...well you'll just have to find that out for yourself. i don't want to ruin it for you. not anymore than i alreadly have.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 19:03   Link #98
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Yea i thought karin was gonna bit usui too and was hoping for it so he'd be happy for once. This seems to be more of a comedy than anything else which i really dont mind cant wait till ep 9!
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 23:38   Link #99
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Winner-kun rich boy, poshy, Engrish accent gets more remarked as episode passes by; call it his trademark.

Spoiler:

Still, I'm concerned about Anju's silent expression at the end of the episode which quite gave some uneasy feelings, by the way.

No Karin until the first week of January.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 00:16   Link #100
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Yea she was creepying me out at the end of the ep... a lot of anime wont come till the first/second week of Jan
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen