Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 11:23   Link #3141
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Kallen is, as of what we know, the only person to have been able to somehow, be it by surprise or not, defeat Gino. He has faught Suzaku but he has never actually fought him seriously. More likely than not, Gino is dying for a rematch, and we can see it when he talks with Luciano. The 'Silver Spoon Knight' wants to get serious, you see it in his eyes at the end of his confrontation.

Which... is likely how the Tristan gets totalled.
Is it just me or do I want Gino to go up against Xingke again for another RECKLESS FIRE! moment we got in episode 11
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:27   Link #3142
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Is it just me or do I want Gino to go up against Xingke again for another RECKLESS FIRE! moment we got in episode 11
Xing-ke is going to be busy fighting against the Galahad. Once Kallen acquires the Guren, I can almost certainly see Gino fighting her, at which point, he's likely going to be serious and trying to kill her. Which is something we don't see of him often, only once in Ep.6 when he killed Senba.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:27   Link #3143
ramadden13

Quote:
Now if that's not hax I don't know what is, now would she put up a fair fight without all of those is my question.
That's not really fair to ask. Nobody is saying that Kallen is 1,000,000% better than any of the KoR. Asking her to fight the tricked out Tristan, Mordred, and especially Lancelot in a vastly inferior frame would be suicide. Being a better pilot is not shown when you are at a serious disadvantage unless you opponents have the skills of test monkeys. Skill is really shown when all things are equal technologically. We haven’t seen any even fights, so we have no idea how they would fare. Can’t everyone just agree that Suzaku, Kallen, Anya, and Gino are all skilled pilots and leave it at that.
ramadden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:32   Link #3144
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadden13 View Post
That's not really fair to ask. Nobody is saying that Kallen is 1,000,000% better than any of the KoR. Asking her to fight the tricked out Tristan, Mordred, and especially Lancelot in a vastly inferior frame would be suicide. Being a better pilot is not shown when you are at a serious disadvantage unless you opponents have the skills of test monkeys. Skill is really shown when all things are equal technologically. We haven’t seen any even fights, so we have no idea how they would fare. Can’t everyone just agree that Suzaku, Kallen, Anya, and Gino are all skilled pilots and leave it at that.
I don't have a problem with admitting that at all its just that when any of theses discussions come on it seems everyone tends to favor Kallen in this aspect than anyone else. I mean Todou has the most skill out of all of them since he was at a disadvantage an still manage to turn the tides a bit fo Japan during the Britannia's invasion but we don't see anyone mentioning that now do we, it's always Suzaku or Kallen at the spotlight (they are major characters though) and I just want a battle between Lancelot Albion and Guren Ganesha to put an end to this rivarly.
Quote:
Xing-ke is going to be busy fighting against the Galahad. Once Kallen acquires the Guren, I can almost certainly see Gino fighting her, at which point, he's likely going to be serious and trying to kill her. Which is something we don't see of him often, only once in Ep.6 when he killed Senba.
A man can dream can't he . Anyways a serious Gino is what I like to see maybe the reason he's defending Kallen is to save her for himself later on during the battle for Japan.

Old 2008-07-28, 11:40   Link #3145
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=Olive]
A man can dream can't he . Anyways a serious Gino is what I like to see maybe the reason he's defending Kallen is to save her for himself later on during the battle for Japan.

Well, this might well be the case - he wouldn't want to risk Kallen ending up in such a state that a rematch might be impossible, or perhaps he just wants her to owe him a favor so that she has even more reason to accept an invitation to a duel from him later...

Could just be that he's being a gentleman though both his profile and his actions implies that he is not a man who enjoys tormenting the weak and/or defenseless, so...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:43   Link #3146
Var
Banned

Quote:

The reason he's helping her, if you can even call it that, is more to keep to his character. He is a gentleman, we know that much, and he does not believe in picking on defenseless people (he said the same to Senba before killing him... Senba x Gino! ). He most certainly wants a rematch, but I think his confrontation with Luciano is more about their own bad blood than Kallen. As those two were just insulting each other through that entire ordeal.

DarkLord noted the part about his profile as well, but we see it in Ep.6, as I mentioned with Senba.
Old 2008-07-28, 11:49   Link #3147
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
The reason he's helping her, if you can even call it that, is more to keep to his character. He is a gentleman, we know that much, and he does not believe in picking on defenseless people (he said the same to Senba before killing him... Senba x Gino! ). He most certainly wants a rematch, but I think his confrontation with Luciano is more about their own bad blood than Kallen. As those two were just insulting each other through that entire ordeal.

DarkLord noted the part about his profile as well, but we see it in Ep.6, as I mentioned with Senba.
So I'm guessing he has bad blood with nearly everyone from Britannia except for Suzaku and Anya is that correct, he just seem more outspoken this episode however
Old 2008-07-28, 11:55   Link #3148
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Mordred, tricked out? Throughout the series and in the new OP, it looks...well, the same.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 11:56   Link #3149
Var
Banned

Quote:
So I'm guessing he has bad blood with nearly everyone from Britannia except for Suzaku and Anya is that correct, he just seem more outspoken this episode however
Gino seems to be at odds with the Britannian system, he's not Darwinistic while the system is, but he is still incredibly loyal ot it nevertheless. It seems more that Luciano has bad blood with everyone, even the KoO didn't approve of his actions, than Gino. Gino is a gentleman and a flirt, but we've only seen him act normal/sincere around Anya, and serious around Suzaku and Luciano. Everywhere else he's been playing a facade, in my opinion.
Old 2008-07-28, 11:58   Link #3150
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Mordred, tricked out? Throughout the series and in the new OP, it looks...well, the same.
Poor Anya, being the only one who doesn't get any new knightmsare or upgrades...
Old 2008-07-28, 12:01   Link #3151
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Gino seems to be at odds with the Britannian system, he's not Darwinistic while the system is, but he is still incredibly loyal ot it nevertheless. It seems more that Luciano has bad blood with everyone, even the KoO didn't approve of his actions, than Gino. Gino is a gentleman and a flirt, but we've only seen him act normal/sincere around Anya, and serious around Suzaku and Luciano. Everywhere else he's been playing a facade, in my opinion.
He seems more playful with Suzaku more so than Anya in my opinion but it's interesting to see that even a group of highly skilled pilots serving under the same empire aren't as fond of each other to begin with and while this isn't new by any means it's good that a portion do accept one another, but I knew Lucanio would be the bastard of the group for some reason.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:03   Link #3152
Sander RX

Quote:
but I knew Lucanio would be the bastard of the group for some reason.
Cause he looks like a punk?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 12:04   Link #3153
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, if they were all fond of each other, we'd have no...well, true interactions going on between all of them.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:04   Link #3154
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
To reinforce Var's gentleman persona that Gino has, Gino did eye Kallen during Zero's chess game to try and win Suzaku to his side...in which Kallen uncomfortably looked away after taking notice.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 12:05   Link #3155
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
To reinforce Var's gentleman persona that Gino has, Gino did eye Kallen during Zero's chess game to try and win Suzaku to his side...in which Kallen uncomfortably looked away after taking notice.
Well, as I recall she did seem a bit surpised/puzzled about his action
Old 2008-07-28, 12:07   Link #3156
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
One thing to note: Gino has never spoken of Kallen by her name even though he knows it. He refers to her as the 'pilot of the guren' or 'ace of the black knights', meaning he's objectifying her as a pilot, not a person. More likely than not, he's not interested in her as a woman, but as a pilot. His actions, like his gentleman demonour around her, are just an extension of his character... that Kallen has not shown to enjoy.

Quote:
He seems more playful with Suzaku more so than Anya in my opinion but it's interesting to see that even a group of highly skilled pilots serving under the same empire aren't as fond of each other to begin with and while this isn't new by any means it's good that a portion do accept one another, but I knew Lucanio would be the bastard of the group for some reason.
I said sincere, not playful. Gino plays around with Suzaku, but he still has gotten serious with him as well. The only person Gino has actually shown any worry or concern for is Anya on two different occasions.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:12   Link #3157
bran
h e a d s h o t

actually after he said she's the guren pilot he said she's his type and waved
i think that could count as interest toward her as a woman
unlike when she met xin ke and he said you are kozuki karen the pilot of guren you people interest me (refering to the Black Knights in general not kallen in particular)

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 12:16   Link #3158
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
I don't really know what people have against Luciano. He threw a blade at Suzaku's head without even talking and refers to him as Kurugi the traitor. Instant points up in my book. He did threaten Kallen a little, but Gino quickly stepped in. So no harm done there.

Remember though this is the Kallen thread, not the Luciano thread. So its
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 12:17   Link #3159
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
actually after he said she's the guren pilot he said she's his type and waved
i think that could count as interest toward her as a woman
unlike when she met xin ke and he said you are kozuki karen the pilot of guren you people interest me (refering to the Black Knights in general not kallen in particular)
He's still objectifying her as the pilot, not as Kallen. His demenour towards her, as I said, is just part of his character. He flirts with anything with legs and breasts, but he is not interested in Kallen, he's interested in the pilot of the Guren. If Kallen were a guy, he'd likely be just as interested, he'd simply not have flirted.
Old 2008-07-28, 12:17   Link #3160
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I don't think implying rape is 'a little'.