3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-23, 20:48   Link #461
gundamlover85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
No, he is indeed a cyborg. Which explains why he seemed distant/uncarring when talking about his family on the bridge.
Maybe he doesn't like talking about his family all. Or he has some kind of bad past!!!!
gundamlover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:00   Link #462
hamstar
just passing by

right now i think gundam 00 just topped my charts for most epic anime shown ever.

#1 for me used to be Code geass but....it seems that gundam 00 is much better.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:11   Link #463
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
right now i think gundam 00 just topped my charts for most epic anime shown ever.

#1 for me used to be Code geass but....it seems that gundam 00 is much better.
which part *_* . Its not a bad anime, but up untill few episode ago, it wasnt even worth watching. I think it got better from episode 16,17 on. Well all i am saying, there are many other anime that are better than this one. But yeah this is a good anime too.

P.S. You spell " existence" wrong in your sig. If you did that on purpose, then please do ignore me ^_^.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:18   Link #464
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
which part *_* . Its not a bad anime, but up untill few episode ago, it wasnt even worth watching. I think it got better from episode 16,17 on. Well all i am saying, there are many other anime that are better than this one. But yeah this is a good anime too.

P.S. You spell " existence" wrong in your sig. If you did that on purpose, then please do ignore me ^_^.
it's engrish and shouldnt look at spoilers!! Now you know exactly what will happen to you

problem with code geass is that it appeals to everyone and they do this on purpose just to get a larger fanbase. Also the show wasnt very solid until later on. It had a slow start at the beginning where 00 is solid from the start. Code geass is still a sick show too though I am very worried that s2 is going to suck hard judging from the preview.

With that being said....I dont think anyone from 00 will be as lovable as lulu from CG.
Old 2008-03-23, 21:22   Link #465
Slayerx

wow, got some Zeta in my 00 there... quite a few people getting killed off...
Lockon, Ali (though i still have my doubts), Darryl (though he was glorified redshirt), Christie, Licht, the doctor, Patrick (though some think the cockpit is still intact)... Quite a few character deaths... That's alot for two epsiodes; and most of them were in this ep... Great ep overall

I think we've seen enough protagonist deaths for this season... I think the rest got to live on to fight another day. I mean, that's kind of a theme of this ep; the dying telling the others that they must live on, never forget the dead, and to change the world...

I'm thinking we are gonna see a timeskip of several years between season's one and two... CB is pretty much wiped out in this battle and are forced to return to whatever backup HQ they have and to start rebuilding... In the few years, the GNX's become the standard for mobile suits... the world has undergone somekind of change, but not for the better; some major wars going on or something... CB in the meantime have completed the next generation of gundams(which they were already working on while the current generation were fighting)... and now the CB, along with the 3 meisters and one or 2 new ones make their return to finish what they started... Also, i rather expect Saji to become an engineer for one of the earth nations; joining CB doesn't make sense, and i don't see him becoming an ace fighter

though i wouldn't be so sure about that... i mean, the serious lack of Graham makes me think that Graham's gotta get back in there soon; as in this season will end with CB being a still existing threat that he will fight with his flag... Perhaps another sect of CB will pop up or something... eh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
hmmm... i thought the ep was "ok". I think what ruined it for me that it seems like Licht (or whatever his/it's name is) turns out to be some robot/cyborg. I can suspend belief if it adds something meaningful to the story but this adds NOTHING other than making me go WTF.
Eh, not really a stretch from what we've already seen... like the technology that can regrow limbs as the doctors said they would normally do in Loise's lost hand... and then We have Teira who's not exactly human and can somehow link to computer systems... Is robotic body parts really that much of a stretch?

My only disappointment was that Licht should have gotten more character build up leading up to the episode... that last scene was very moving, but it would have been much more moving had Licht had some build up... really, i don't even remember his name most of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Gardy
Cyborg?? Maybe that is the space suit (or what is left of it), although I thought he was part machine when I first saw that scene too. (Yeah, I could understand that WTF moment...)
If you look at it again, you can see that his flesh is on the outside of the robotic parts... Also, on his right arm you can see at his wrist, where he is missing a hand, wires coming out of the wrist
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:31   Link #466
Chase

we'll thats his opinion, my opinion on Gundam 00 is that this is certainly the best 25 episodes of a Gundam series ever. Not really that close either. To me it was much more than that last couple of episodes. Ive liked this series from the time we saw Setsuna trying to survive the opening scene of the first episode. The past episodes were build up and had meaning, without them these episode would have less impact on your emotion towards the characters themselves and your thought about the action thats taking place.

EDIT: Damn my post is late
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:32   Link #467
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
... In the few years, the GNX's become the standard for mobile suits... the world has undergone somekind of change, but not for the better; some major wars going on or something... CB in the meantime have completed the next generation of gundams(which they were already working on while the current generation were fighting)... and now the CB, along with the 3 meisters and one or 2 new ones make their return to finish what they started...
That sounds okay but if the gundam become ever more powerful than they are right now we are basically going to the insanity that is seed destiny where everyone gundam has dragoons and GN shields....not to mention special coated gundam paint that reflects beams. Oh oh oh I forgot to mention an inexhaustable GN drive so that they can be stuck in tras-am mode. I hope they keep this show believable! No more h4xx
Old 2008-03-23, 21:36   Link #468
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Spoiler for review:

Also Sunrise will do the same thing as they did in code geass. At the end of Season 1, the situation will be worse than what it was at the start, and the heroes will be hiding until they make their return to the world and fix it. And there would be a several character introduction again and awesome upgrades.

Last edited by AuditionEX; 2008-03-23 at 21:51.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:36   Link #469
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I'm thinking we are gonna see a timeskip of several years between season's one and two... CB is pretty much wiped out in this battle and are forced to return to whatever backup HQ they have and to start rebuilding... In the few years, the GNX's become the standard for mobile suits... the world has undergone somekind of change, but not for the better; some major wars going on or something... CB in the meantime have completed the next generation of gundams(which they were already working on while the current generation were fighting)... and now the CB, along with the 3 meisters and one or 2 new ones make their return to finish what they started... Also, i rather expect Saji to become an engineer for one of the earth nations; joining CB doesn't make sense, and i don't see him becoming an ace fighter
Impossible, no major war between the 3 powers will ever erupt. The solar towers are what keeps them together because they know they need each other.

And with this alliance, there's very little reason for them to break off after dealing with CB. The fact remains that a third-party faction from out of nowhere with superior technology comes in and dominates all of them. They'll defintely be keeping an eye out for anything else that would come by and threaten them.

This alliance is to stay.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:43   Link #470
Jays

Well it also looks like we are giving the meaning behind Lockon's name, or can now imply as to how he got his codename.

Bah, after I went on Wikipedia and read more about Litchy, and then watched the scene over again, dam it hit me hard.

Kudos to the Gundam 00 staff for being able to pull something like that off, simple amazing work.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:52   Link #471
MidNteJ

Hm... There is 1 MORE GN Drive, the one from the Union where he put the GN drive into the Union Flag Unit (the Captain) is he going to come in???

What happen to the guy that lost his gf and sister?? What part would he play??

Nena is no where to been seen? But Ali Sarshes already is killed by Lockon (i hope) so what part does she play?

Maybe these will come out in 2nd season :O
MidNteJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:53   Link #472
hamstar
just passing by

i love how everyone is doubtful that ali is dead.

: D
Old 2008-03-23, 21:56   Link #473
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Pretty good episode Gundam finally gets me to be emotional in the later half. Its been a while since iv seen this many deaths back to back. It had never crossed my mind that the bridge crew would be killed and not just them the doctor too. I thought the finally scene of Chris of Lechty were done well the bgm was was so appropriate for the scene as the used the same song when Saji was identifying his sisters body. I should have known their time was up especially when they started talking about how they will survive when too much emphasis is spent of scenes like usually means a death is coming.

C.B. and the U.N both have taken heavy casualties C.B. has lost 1 mesiter with Teira MIA for now and over half of its bridge crew. The U.N. may still have military might but from what i remember they had assembled the best pilots in the world to pilot the GN-X's you cant replace good pilots that easily. There are a lot of MIA's on both sides right now. Things have just got nasty but at least it has escaped for now the pitfall destiny took. From so of the symbolisms used in the past couple of episodes and the ones used for final ep its looks like this they are taking the rebirth after destruction route. If this is the case then we most likely will see a time jump when 00 returns in 6 months. Most likely we will see a world where Alejandro is probably top dog.

Im not sure about SS princess of the great russian bear but it really looks like Patrick bought it this time. That would be the greatest thing about this episode if thats true. Now Setsuna is in for the fight of his life and i dont think just the Trans Am is going to get him through this that mobile armor looks tough as hell and that GN field is not only protective it looks like it might be reflective too.

Im wondering they will leave Neena out of the last episode and have her return in the second half to show what her roll truly is. There is a reason she was left alive and i hope its not some retarded plot device like a giant mobile amour. I think the writers know better than to pull something as stupid as that. Im actually hoping she has a bigger roll to play to pay for her sins not something cheap.
Old 2008-03-23, 22:02   Link #474
gundamlover85

Are their going to be new mobile suit on the next episode?
gundamlover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 22:03   Link #475
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I found lack of the Poverty Princess screentime :/
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 22:10   Link #476
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditionEX View Post
I found lack of the Poverty Princess screentime :/
unless poverty princess can shit out gundams like freedom like some other funded pink-haired princess, she is pretty useless.
Old 2008-03-23, 22:16   Link #477
Jays

Quote:
unless poverty princess can shit out gundams like freedom like some other funded pink-haired princess, she is pretty useless.
This is sig worthy!

lmfaooooo
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 22:29   Link #478
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
i love how everyone is doubtful that ali is dead.

: D
That's because he's not dead...Well atleast my anime-intution from watching like 20 incarnations of Gundam is telling me this...Hell shonen-mecha in general...There's nothing anyone can tell me to convince me Ali is dead based on the purposeful lack of closure to the scene...Then as we've seen in various episodes thus far, the cockpit area can stay intact even when other exterior mass is destroyed...I won't even guarantee it since it's not even a thought to me whether he's survived or not...I know he has...

Still hard to swallow the fact Graham won't play a role in the endgame this season...That's about as unexpected as the myriad of other unpredictable events...To have to wait 6 months to see that GN FLAG (If at all) is kind of a bummer...I can't really see any scenario for him to interfere next ep and have it not come off as forced in some respect (Not that I wouldn't still love to see it^^)...I mean unless Setsuna just knocks Corner off of his a$$ rather quick and all that's left is Graham in ultimate mop-up duty verses Exia...Maybe that can happen, maybe the last thing we see before the credits roll is Graham trashing the Exia...But as of now I don't have much faith in that..

Full ep-analysis after work tomorrow I hope...

MORE TO COME
Old 2008-03-23, 22:35   Link #479
tarachi
Observer

So I have to wait for season 2 to see (hoping) for a Graham vs Ali "the masked guy".

I gave it an 8 (-1 with no graham) and -1 for the sudden the guy is a cyborg (revealed when he is dead -_- )
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 22:50   Link #480
wesfalcon

I really like it when Tieria is about to pull a Lockon-style shout out: "Nadleeh, mokyou nerau uts~" *get shot by mega large beam*
wesfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote