Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-25, 16:12   Link #81
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
It funny u say that herbert...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Random guess i'll throw out... Whitebeard's Jolly roger. Unknown to everyone else she spent time serving a man and part of the reason she does not want to go to war is because she will have to fight Whitebeard and risk her secret being exposed.
Quote:
Originally posted by Would?
I think Whitebeards symbol on her back would make so much sense. Think about it, who else has whitebeards symbol tatooed on his/her back? Luffy of course knows about Aces tatoo and its obscure enough
In chapter 517 the idea also came up, but Boa's back hasn't been revisited by Oda yet...
Old 2008-10-25, 16:34   Link #82
-HyugaNeji-

Please help me guys. I currently watched up to episode 375. Since i stopped reading the manga years ago, i want to know at which chapter i have to restart now?! (So that i can read the all the stuff that follows episode 275)

Thanks in advance.
Old 2008-10-25, 17:34   Link #83
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

I think the "Haoushoku haki" is the same type of haki shanks used against the sea king to protect luffy, so if only one in a million people can use that type of haki. it just happen to show how strong shanks is, there is no doubt that shanks is one of the best haki users out there, keeping in mind that he dont have a devil fruit. i am not sure its the same type of haki he used against WB crew, but however you look at it shanks is one of the strongest Pirate we seen so far. I have a feeling hancock might come to respect luffy and train him how to use haki, for some reason when luffy mentioned that he's seen the thing on hancocks back, made me believe he might know her or have met her before. well lets wait and see =]
Old 2008-10-25, 19:08   Link #84
marvelB

I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody else is talking about the ministory. Like I said before, I think it's pretty cool to see the next generation of CP9 agents in training, along with the fact that we'll most likely be introduced to the Rokushiki master(s?) who trained the current CP9. And of course, there's that one kid who looks like he may be Spandam's son....

And speaking of Spandam, I wonder if we'll ever get an update on him at all in the ministory? I highly doubt that the higher-ups of the government are too happy with him after the mess he caused at Enies Lobby (I mean, it technically WAS his fault that the place got nuked to ashes by the Buster Call in the first place)....
Old 2008-10-25, 19:52   Link #85
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji- View Post
Please help me guys. I currently watched up to episode 375. Since i stopped reading the manga years ago, i want to know at which chapter i have to restart now?! (So that i can read the all the stuff that follows episode 275)

Thanks in advance.
Start reading from Chapter 484.
Old 2008-10-25, 19:55   Link #86
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody else is talking about the ministory. Like I said before, I think it's pretty cool to see the next generation of CP9 agents in training, along with the fact that we'll most likely be introduced to the Rokushiki master(s?) who trained the current CP9. And of course, there's that one kid who looks like he may be Spandam's son....

And speaking of Spandam, I wonder if we'll ever get an update on him at all in the ministory? I highly doubt that the higher-ups of the government are too happy with him after the mess he caused at Enies Lobby (I mean, it technically WAS his fault that the place got nuked to ashes by the Buster Call in the first place)....
I wonder if the rokushiki masters are just trainers or, if they hold an actual position in the navy. That would be interesting to find out, like maybe those guys who are training the new cp9, are former leaders of cp9 themselves like Rob Lucci. And also since they're training new cp9, I wonder if the old cp9 are now out of a job.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-10-25, 21:05   Link #87
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I wonder if the rokushiki masters are just trainers or, if they hold an actual position in the navy. That would be interesting to find out, like maybe those guys who are training the new cp9, are former leaders of cp9 themselves like Rob Lucci. And also since they're training new cp9, I wonder if the old cp9 are now out of a job.

I'd guess that the Rokushiki masters would have a special position in the government that doesn't really have any sort of "official" status, very much like CP9 itself. Yes, they certainly could just be teachers, but I wouldn't put it past the government to still assign them with special missions that only they can handle, especially if they're former CP9 agents themselves. For instance, maybe they're bodyguards for Dr. Vegapunk? I always kinda figured that Sentoumaru wouldn't be the only one, after all....

And as far as the current CP9 losing their jobs go... it's hard to say at this point. It's true that the government is searching for them, but they may not actually be in that much trouble (or at least not as much trouble as Spandam, at any rate). Well, we should eventually find out what will become of their positions as the ministory progresses....
Old 2008-10-25, 22:03   Link #88
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

which kid looks like Spandam?
is it the one in the back? i'm not sure
Old 2008-10-26, 00:24   Link #89
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageaholic01 View Post
which kid looks like Spandam?
is it the one in the back? i'm not sure

I posted the picture a couple of pages back, but here it is again:

^ THAT kid, with the sunglasses. His face kinda resembles Spandam before he was forced to wear the mask....
Old 2008-10-26, 09:49   Link #90
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

After going through the posts in this thread from about page 3 or so, I occurs to me that a lot of people see Haki as being able to Negate DF powers.

Absolutely not so. Think straight: If Rayleigh was nullifying Kizaru, then Kizaru's Light Saber wouldn't have worked, right? Rayleigh would have cut right through it. Duh...

All Haki does is focus and synchronise your will with a target, or explosively launch it out at a target. Your will is a very powerful thing. And those with extremely powerful wills, apparently, according to the theme of the manga so far, inherit Haki. Luffy believes so strongly in his dream that his will is amplified, and is able to manifest itself in an attack form, due to its pure, sheer strength.

Zoro and Rayleight were simply focusing their Haki on a target, and then using their focused will to cut whatever they synchronized it with.

So: Rayleigh's will is to protect the Strawhats. His Spirit and Will are so strong that he can manifest it to others, and use it outwardly as a force. So, he consolidates his will within himself, and decides: "I'm going to cut Light"

And so he steels his will, and wills himself to cut the Light. And there we have it, after his will is channeled into his aim, he simply uses this controlled and focused will to cut Light. So Kizaru gets cut. But it DOES NOT Nullify his powers. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to use his Light Saber, like I said previously.

When it comes to people like Shanks knocking out everyone in a 20 metre radius...(OMG...) it's just unfocused, so it streams out in a burst and hits anything that has a weaker will, or Breath Energy than it. Even inanimate objects. This is proved by the fact that when Shanks was using his Haki on Whitebeards Ship, the ship itself was taking damage.

Haki has two main forms as we've seen it so far: a Focused form where it is used to interact with only ONE target, or type of target, and an Unfocused type, where it just indiscriminatel leaks out and damages anything with a weaker force of will than it. With inanimate objects, I guess their force of Will can be taken to be their level of chemical bonding.

So you'd note that only the wooden part of Whitebeard's ship was damaged by Shanks Haki. But the metal parts were not shown to be damaged, since in order to damage metal, even Shank's Haki would have had to be synchronised to "Will to cut/Damage/interact-with/Breath-and-hear-the-breath-of Metal". Zoro proved this when fighting Mr 1, in Chapter 195 when he could hear the Breath of his Metal sword under the Rocks. Then, after a small experiment where he focused his Haki on Rock, and tried to cut a tree, but couldn't, yet was able to split a rock with no problem, he then synchs with the metal of Mr 1's body and cuts him.

I hope I cleared up the whole misunderstanding that "Haki solidifies Logia users".

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-26, 15:35   Link #91
Rainbowman

If Luffy looks like he's going into gear second, I hope he finishes the sisters with a Gum Gum Cannon and use his gear third fist on Boa Hancock so that the story would move on.
Old 2008-10-26, 17:24   Link #92
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

he gon give it! dey gon take it! dey ain't gonna like it!

Im gonna guess that they plead for mercy but luffy shows none.
i can imagine

Luffy: Forgiveness? HELL NO.- woulde be pretty sweet. I always love the close up pictures of luffy's enraged face.
Old 2008-10-26, 18:42   Link #93
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
No that was just because his unique logia darkness power.
While this is certainly true, Blackbeard is most likely aware of "haki", and perhaps he may even be able to use it himself if needed too.

I don't know if it's ever been brought up, but the first time the word "haki" was ever used in One Piece was not when Shanks used it on Whitebeard's ship... no, the first person to use that word was actually none other than Blackbeard when he saw Luffy's 100 million berry poster.

He said, "I knew with that haki he has, he wouldn't be a mere 30 million berry bounty..."
Back then most readers shrugged off the word as a generic phrase for strong will, determination, etc. The word didn't come into spotlight until Shanks knocked out all those pirates on WB ship unconcious with his haki.

After becoming clear how important haki is in OP world, we can see the statement by Blackbeard all the way back in volume 25 of the manga in a diffrent light. Oda seems to excel in throwing out foreshadowing years or even a decade in advance, without us readers even being aware of it.
Old 2008-10-26, 19:15   Link #94
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
While this is certainly true, Blackbeard is most likely aware of "haki", and perhaps he may even be able to use it himself if needed too.

I don't know if it's ever been brought up, but the first time the word "haki" was ever used in One Piece was not when Shanks used it on Whitebeard's ship... no, the first person to use that word was actually none other than Blackbeard when he saw Luffy's 100 million berry poster.

He said, "I knew with that haki he has, he wouldn't be a mere 30 million berry bounty..."
Back then most readers shrugged off the word as a generic phrase for strong will, determination, etc. The word didn't come into spotlight until Shanks knocked out all those pirates on WB ship unconcious with his haki.

After becoming clear how important haki is in OP world, we can see the statement by Blackbeard all the way back in volume 25 of the manga in a diffrent light. Oda seems to excel in throwing out foreshadowing years or even a decade in advance, without us readers even being aware of it.
Wow. Thanks a lot for the insight aohige. I even just checked out the Blackbeard clip from episode 151 and he indeed does say the word "Haki". Just like you said, it really just goes to show us how clever Oda can be when writing his story. This newfound fact just all the more asserts that Blackbeard has a really good understanding of Haki and considering that he has such a strong will/ambition, I am willing to bet that he also possesses Haoshoku Haki since he is after all aspiring to become the new pirate "king", just like Luffy.
Old 2008-10-26, 19:50   Link #95
marvelB

I think I actually pointed out Blackbeard mentioning Luffy's Haki/ambition in a past thread. But yes, I noticed him mentioning it too when I checked out the raws for volume 25. I always did enjoy it when Oda has a character mention something seemingly minor yet turns it into an important plot point later in the story (case in point: The fact that Crocus joined Roger's crew so he could search for the Rumbar pirates. He actually told Luffy and co. earlier in the series that he already searched for Laboon's owners, though he didn't say he was under Gold Roger's wing at the time...).
Old 2008-10-26, 20:46   Link #96
Genius-kun
Away for a bit...
*Scanlator

Argh I just wish Luffy would get on with it and then we could get on to the big fight between the World Government and Whitebeard

But good chapter tho, never thought those sisters could hurt luffy

Old 2008-10-26, 22:05   Link #97
choco love

hey guys did you see luffy's face at the last page of the series?
he is look like his father dragon hehehe...
Old 2008-10-26, 22:46   Link #98
Lightmgl

Luffy's smile in the last panel looks exactly like Gold Roger's smile before his execution. The facial expression is exactly the same. Hell if Luffy had longer hair and a moustache and maybe more of a jawline he would be the splitting image of Roger.

I hope the writing remains consistent though. If Luffy has a power possessed by one in many millions then it would be very unlikely that once he trains it he will ever encounter anyone with his strength. It will make it quite difficult for him to find worthy enemies to fight.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:09   Link #99
Wai
Need a hand?

Yes, I noticed Luffy's facial expression too. Things should get even more interesting now... I don't think Sandersonia and Marigold will last for long from now on. What I am keen to see is Hancock showing her full battle potential.

Looking at chapter 517 where Hancock dashes around to stop Luffy from seeing her back anymore... is that "shape" on Hancock's back the crossbones of Whitebeard's mark? Or is it just the way that Oda draws shadows? Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Last edited by Wai; 2008-10-27 at 08:51.
Old 2008-10-27, 00:45   Link #100
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Yea thats pretty much what I was thinking too..Rayleigh stopped Kizaru's light kick with his own haki powers..Maybe Blackbeard somehow formed his devil fruit with haki.That can explain how he gained a power that no logia user achieved so far I know that his gravity powers are forming the grip against logia.It makes sense to pull the real thing out from their fake bodies.But I still dont understand..If its shear gravity pulling force that even pulls the logia within, why did he required to boost it with unique pulling power and why? Wouldnt he devour Ace's flames anyway? He would've become a halfgod being with full vortex logia body.Its not something that you can easily change for something and I personally think that what they've done to BB was cheap As long as we have haki for that? Maybe BB doesnt have the special haki required but still it looks like they didnt want Blackbeard to become one of those unbalanced naruto like villains.Oh well we will see anyway..We better check entire haki words we encountered so far with its new explanation
Closed Thread