AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 4 12.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 64.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 16.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-10, 20:32   Link #21
Touko-chan
Touko x Yumi forever!

She probably is adopted. In the preview she talked about a lost child, she probably feels like a replacement.
Old 2009-03-11, 12:12   Link #22
4Tran

Heh; it's broken record time again. I thought that this was another strong episode of Marimite. Highlights:

POV shifts to Noriko and Sachiko (with a bit for Yoshino). It's a very good choice because we already have a good idea of what Yumi's going through, it portrays the thoughts and feelings of the other. It's also very good for showing just how far Yumi has come.

The scene with Sachiko and Suguru was just excellent. It's too bad that Suguru is in Marimite, because he would be an awesome lead character in a different anime (Jesus-sama ga Miteru? ). As it is, the interplay between the two is simply fun to watch.

Yoshino's scene with the tea is another really good one. Subtlety can be good, and subtle scenes where it's still perfectly clear what's going on with the characters is even better. Even Yoshino has grown a lot over the course of the series, and her thoughts/actions here show just how insightful she can be, and a whole host of other chracter traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Did Suguru really just admit to liking Yumi? And not the way he likes Sachiko? That sounds like a confession.
Nah, that just plays into Suguru's different types of "like". He already said that he liked Yumi a few episodes back, so it's hardly something new. And really, who wouldn't like Yumi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
The other thing I was impressed with was that even Yoshino notices this episode how much Yumi has matured. How much more grown up she seems.
It's sort of the other way around. Yoshino is perhaps the most perceptive of all the characters, and she might be the one to notice it first. Admittedly this might be a case of not seeing the POV of the other characters, but it's likely to be a case of this kind of thing mattering to Yoshino more than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
About Yumi/Suguru. While I doubt him being "straight for Yumi", I wonder what kind of "suki" does he talk about. Is it: "I fancy her because she is irreplaceable and of great help to my favourite cousin." or "I'm confused because she looks much like her brother"; or something else entirely?
It's largely like of the "She's fun to hang around with and to tease" nature. Suguru is fond of Yumi for herself; not because of her relation to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
1. He looks almost evil, having dealt such pain to Sachiko that she avoids meeting him, but actually cares about her in his own tactless way.
2. Sachiko uses his help when convenient (car ride). He appears as supporting (is sometimes mischievous) character.
3. Not much of him here. Still flirts with both Fukuzawa siblings. Is seen as a person who want to help Yumi.
4. Continues to help Yumi, though indirectly and in ways provoking jealousy and irritation from her. Sees her as a child.
Don't know what to make from it. Maybe it'll help to understand his intentions for Yumi.
Suguru tends to act very consistently. What changes is how he's perceived by the other characters. He also has a bit of an evil streak, so that colors things somewhat. Note that he and Sei are very similar, and that's probably why they don't like each other very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by textgirl View Post
well im sort of a little diapointed in this season i was hoping to see more of yumi and sachicko and within watching the 1st and 2nd season im still having a hard time fitting touko in yumi's life the point im trying to make is if touko would stop playing games with yumi's feelings
Touko isn't conciously toying with Yumi. It's a combination of her as of yet unexplained problems, and her coping mechanism for dealing with Yumi's personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by textgirl View Post
then i would lighten up she seems be very conflicted in her personality and its a challege to watch so it has made the show very boring and unplesent to watch because i cant seem to catch toukos feelings
In this regard, you're in much the same boat as the rest of the cast. To be honest, the conflict in Touko's personality extends to herself as well - she's a nuanced characer who's caught up in events greater than she can really handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko-chan View Post
She probably is adopted. In the preview she talked about a lost child, she probably feels like a replacement.
I don't think that it would matter whether Touko is adopted or not. It's quite possible for a character to think that she was a replacement for someone else. It's a fairly common trait in real life as well.
Old 2009-03-11, 12:20   Link #23
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
It's too bad that Suguru is in Marimite, because he would be an awesome lead character in a different anime (Jesus-sama ga Miteru? )
Well, Buddha is watching too so...
Old 2009-03-11, 15:20   Link #24
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko-chan View Post
She could also have had an older sibling that died young or was stillborn.
Old 2009-03-11, 15:44   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The scene with Sachiko and Suguru was just excellent. It's too bad that Suguru is in Marimite, because he would be an awesome lead character in a different anime (Jesus-sama ga Miteru? ). As it is, the interplay between the two is simply fun to watch.
They did an intro for "Buddha-sama ga miteru", didn't they? In the second OVA special.

Quote:
Nah, that just plays into Suguru's different types of "like". He already said that he liked Yumi a few episodes back, so it's hardly something new. And really, who wouldn't like Yumi?
I'm not saying he's in love with her or anything, but the rest of the conversation makes it look like there's something... compromising about his "like" of Yumi.

Quote:
It's largely like of the "She's fun to hang around with and to tease"
If it was just "She's a good girl, so I like her", he'd have said that, and that would have been the end of it. Indeed, he semi-regretted not using that white lie.
Old 2009-03-12, 07:14   Link #26
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

What an elegant episode. Particularly that last scene where Noriko mentally ran through about a million questions she wanted to ask Yumi about Touko, but ended up asking the only one that really mattered.

It is interesting (and I'd almost say refreshing) that this episode was basically told from the point of view of Noriko and, to a lesser extent, Sachiko, but it did make Yumi unusually impervious. She's changed since the election, that's completely obvious, particularly in the scene where she was making tea with Yoshino and talked about how she wanted to be less, I guess, rushed with her relationship with Touko. It's an example of how the character development in this show is so constant, but in the back of my mind, I wasn't sure how much of this was genuine and how much was a facade. Yumi's never been one to put up a facade (she's so emotive that she's pretty much incapable of doing so ), so I'd give her the benefit of the doubt for that reason, but for her to be so less... err... concerned about Touko did seem a little strange to me. I mean, I certainly don't doubt her when she says she likes Touko, but the fact that she's not going into a fit over not understanding Touko is a big change in a pretty short amount of time. A good change, since it shows maturity, but nonetheless... I just have a lingering doubt in the back of my mind.

I really think Noriko should have been in the bouten card hunt. I mean, shouldn't the older sister get the final say anyway?
Old 2009-03-12, 14:23   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
What an elegant episode. Particularly that last scene where Noriko mentally ran through about a million questions she wanted to ask Yumi about Touko, but ended up asking the only one that really mattered.

It is interesting (and I'd almost say refreshing) that this episode was basically told from the point of view of Noriko and, to a lesser extent, Sachiko, but it did make Yumi unusually impervious. She's changed since the election, that's completely obvious, particularly in the scene where she was making tea with Yoshino and talked about how she wanted to be less, I guess, rushed with her relationship with Touko. It's an example of how the character development in this show is so constant, but in the back of my mind, I wasn't sure how much of this was genuine and how much was a facade. Yumi's never been one to put up a facade (she's so emotive that she's pretty much incapable of doing so ), so I'd give her the benefit of the doubt for that reason, but for her to be so less... err... concerned about Touko did seem a little strange to me. I mean, I certainly don't doubt her when she says she likes Touko, but the fact that she's not going into a fit over not understanding Touko is a big change in a pretty short amount of time. A good change, since it shows maturity, but nonetheless... I just have a lingering doubt in the back of my mind.

I really think Noriko should have been in the bouten card hunt. I mean, shouldn't the older sister get the final say anyway?
I agree an excellent episode i loved having so Noriko time and us the audience get to actually hear her inner thoughts. THe scene with her and Shimako was so cute and sweet my teeth were starting to hurt. Though sometimes it feels they are not as affectionate as the other roses they have this aura about the two and when it comes out you can see how much they both care for one another. Some simple as just wanting to be able to find each others cards opened up their feelings and they both gained a little bit more understanding to one another. Shimako is absolutely gorgeous when she blushes just gorgeous.

The character development in this series always amazes me. Its like watching ourselves realize something important and light bulb went off. Yumi progression with everything involving Touko has been excellent and i dont feel its been rushed. Yumi has been given much information and time to discover how she herself should handle the situation with Touko. She realized that there is no rush with Touko. She cares for and loves Touko but trying to force her own feelings on her is detrimental to them both and may even hurt their relationship. I know it seemed weird to some people why she was taking this stance but after thinking about it for over 24 hours this is what i feel Yumi has discovered. Yumi has grown and matured and this episodes shows it. Yumi looked more adult and composed than Noriko did and finally i believe Noriko is seeing Yumi as s senior sister more so than her equal.

Once Toukos secret has been reveled i believe it will progress from there. Yumi and Touko had no contact doing this episode and I feel this was done on purpose to show us what resolve Yumi has taken and what Noriko who cares very much for Touko thinks about it. Like Sorrow-K stated she ended up asking the most important question and the answer Yumi gave should sum everything. Its not a matter of how Yumi will make Touko who souer what really matters is does Yumi care about Touko and she does. Even if Touko never accepted Yumi's rosary would Yumi still love her and yes she would. When we care about someone their well being is more important than our own.

We got some good screen time between Kashiwagi-san and Sachiko even if it did take place in the bathroom . Kashiwagi was his usual self and Sachiko showed a playfulness that i really enjoyed im just trying to figure out who like Yumi more lol. Sachiko finally found out about the incident before Christmas and now she seems to be asking the same question everyone is WHY? But as Sachiko stated this is Yumi's and Touko's problem she can not interfere as much as she dying too as she wants to protect Yumi. Its been a while since we have seen Sachiko and Kashiwagi alone so i enjoyed the exchanged i wonder if we will ever see the matter about the engagement animated.

Over all a stunning episode with growth from everyone even Yoshino commented to Yumi dont grow up and leave me behind this is evidence that others are noticing Yumi's blossoming maturity which in the end will help her deal with Touko and understand her more.
Old 2009-03-12, 14:32   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Once again the Gigantea sisters are so cute together.

Also, I'm at last getting used to the idea that Youko, Sei and Eriko aren't roses any more. Don't know why that episode did it.

About the preview... Could Touko be a replacement goldfish of some kind?
Sorry about the double but i missed this and really wanted to comment on Anh Minh's post.

I think the reason why you feel that way has to do with the amazing character development. Each and every character has grown considerably since season one but before they still seem liked lost lambs in need of a Shepard. But with them maturing it sets in that Youko, Sei and Eriko are gone and these girls are every bit as a Rose as the previous ones were in their own right.

just my 2 cents.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:44   Link #29
textgirl

well as much as im not feeling this season i agree with everyone each of the girls has grown in thier own way and i think its beautiful how yumis growing it makes me wanna cry
Closed Thread