AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 15:21   Link #721
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes Pilosus View Post
Ok not read up on things yet so just posting this before i do while i stil remember it properly.

In this chapter there are really 3 Points worth looking deeper into. First is the fact that it was Clare that has been looking into Rafaella and not the other way around. Second is that there is a "big mistake" that Clare has been performing. And third, the awakening of what seams to be Rafaella.

Now, personaly, the mistake element is most interesting since it seams related to a Powerup or Big Story Devolopment for Clare. There have been many theories of Teresa stil being inside of Clare holding a vast amount of Youki at her disposal, this would seam to fit the story as Clare seams to gain a huge powerup each time she seams to be "down for the count". Her devolopment as a whole now even not releasing Youki and being pretty much on Par with Miria does suggest there are alot inside of Clare stil waiting to come out. Now if we look at the powerup posibility then Soul Link is the first that comes to mind. But who would Clare Soul Link with ? Its not like Soul Linking with the possibily now awakened Rafaella seams the best choice. Clare and her Pet Abyssal One. It sounds.. a little off as the power itself would not be in Clare. The most likly and perhaps interesting posibility is a Soul Link with herself. Or more accurate a Soul link with the Teresa inside of her allowing Clare to unlock all her inner potensial, perhaps even awaken without losing her humanity, or having the weakpoint of Alicia and Beth. However if its a Story devolopment, its likly related to Rubel, and might be the information that binds Claymore for its final chapters. Any opinions on this ?
We are not sure if it is Clare who intruded in to Racilla's mind. All we know is Clare claiming that she was drawn in by Racilla while Rafaela claim Clare invaded. As to who is right, we don't know at this point. What we do know is Rene probing Racilla is the first trigger to the awakening. So Rafaela may have thought Clare intruded due to that probe.

Now, as for Clare's youki reserve. I don't think it is Teresa in her but rather Teresa's potential is inherited through her flesh. I believe Teresa is dead in body and soul. Clare did however, inherited similar potential that Teresa had through the process of claymorization user her flesh. She has yet to reach Teresa's level because she has yet to unlock all her potential.

On the subject of Soul Link. I agree with you that Clare doesn't necessarily have to link with someone else. A technique that is similar to Soul Link can be employed to exercise control over one's awakening process and youki level. I think the knowledge passed down by Rafaela, which contains much of what she knows about Soul link, will enable Clare to create or discover a technique to harness the power of awakening without losing her human mind. I don't buy the theory that Teresa is still in her so I will have disagree with that portion of your conjecture.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:36   Link #722
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

what are the odds of yagi-sensei going in direction of making clare put in control of the new awakened one? clare received raphael's memories and everything.

maybe clare will have raciella by her side and raki has priscilla by his side and when they do meet... it'll be a pretty awkward moment.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:55   Link #723
Vulcannis

One possibility for the mistake that Claire is making is that she is assuming the person she wants revenge against, Priscilla, is still alive. Raph said in the chapter that she would die once her body awakened. Maybe what's left is the yoma, influenced by the memories and personality of the departed human soul (like Zaki's case, but much stronger given the extended time and subordinate position of the yoma during the Claymore's life.) Perhaps she just means that the person that Claire wants to kill is already dead. This would require Raph to know about Claire's revenge goal though, and seems a tad underwhelming. I prefer to think it's something about the nature of hyridization itself, or at least Claire's particular situation.

Also it's interesting that Rene predicted Raciella's awakening would incinerate Duff, yet Claire seems to be dealing with it okay. Clenching her teeth and maybe just losing her cool outfit. Given Duff's specialization in armour, if Rene's prediction is accurate this says a lot about Claire and Duff's relative power levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
We are not sure if it is Clare who intruded in to Racilla's mind. All we know is Clare claiming that she was drawn in by Racilla while Rafaela claim Clare invaded. As to who is right, we don't know at this point. What we do know is Rene probing Racilla is the first trigger to the awakening. So Rafaela may have thought Clare intruded due to that probe.
In the v2 translation Raph specifically mentions the initial intrusion as being someone else, with Claire coming after. It could be that Claire was just scanning Raciella but that this was enough to trigger everything. That would explain why Claire was confused and why Raph said Claire started it.
Old 2009-06-04, 16:19   Link #724
SagaraSouske

You were right about Rafaela making that distinction that the probe was by someone else. Rafaela said that her mind was fading away until someone (Rene) touched it. Then Clare strongly stirred up the just awakened consciousness of Rafaela. But we don't know whether the awakened consciousness pulling in Clare without knowing or Clare entered Racilla's mind by herself. From the previous chapter, it seemed like Clare just lost control of herself and then showed up in front of Racilla. She may have started to influence Rafaela after getting there, but how did she get there? I would think it was Racilla reaching out to Clare with the initiation of soul link like process thus allowing Clare to enter her mind and then Rafaela used Clare's memory to build an image of herself.
Old 2009-06-04, 16:20   Link #725
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
what are the odds of yagi-sensei going in direction of making clare put in control of the new awakened one? clare received raphael's memories and everything.

maybe clare will have raciella by her side and raki has priscilla by his side and when they do meet... it'll be a pretty awkward moment.
I was always under the assumption it would turn out that way: Claire would be mommy instead of Riful and the ghosts would have their very own super-abyssal that may help fight Priscila.

I doubt it's what you say though Vullcanus as it is underwhelming. Sides', it's going to take alot more then Raph's warning to stop Claire from getting revenge. Only someone important to her like Raki has a chance.
Old 2009-06-04, 16:27   Link #726
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Only someone important to her like Raki has a chance.
hmm... i don't know. i think clare will just brush raki aside and will only be thinking of revenge when she sees priscilla. clare's has that kind of personality and loses her emotions far too easily and that's why miria sent cynthia and yuma along with her.
Old 2009-06-04, 16:35   Link #727
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
hmm... i don't know. i think clare will just brush raki aside and will only be thinking of revenge when she sees priscilla. clare's has that kind of personality and loses her emotions far too easily and that's why miria sent cynthia and yuma along with her.
I don't know....

We just have to see what Yagi does. Maybe he has a chance, he means more to her then any other person(except Teresa) right now, but Claire has dedicated her life to revenge long before she ever met him.

We just have to see which route he takes. However, if Claire does end up fighting, I always thought she'd never use Raciella, even if she has the best chance and helps. This is Claire's moment; everyone else is just likely to kill themselves perhaps even by Claire herself.
Old 2009-06-04, 16:58   Link #728
MalakTawus

No,Raki is the only one that can stop Claire's revenge.I have no doubt he'll be the one to save Claire in the end.

...and Claire vs Priscila will be a one on one.....and Raki will stop the battle.
Old 2009-06-04, 17:03   Link #729
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
No,Raki is the only one that can stop Claire's revenge.I have no doubt he'll be the one to save Claire in the end.
Perhaps; but who knows, both of them may die before the manga ends. Nobody's life is guarenteed in this manga.

I'm hoping however this whole matter is resolved....well, without the worst possible scenario chosen.
Old 2009-06-04, 17:24   Link #730
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The one thing I did like coming out of this chapter is setting up the status of Irene. I mean making note of her technique and then sending all the memories over would lead well into showing what went down. It's one of the things I've wondered about for a while. If she has hung on I have to give props for making it without any arms to speak of.

Overall wasn't really a chapter I have much to say about. The aftermath of this event should be pretty impressive though. This was an event that should really shake things up.
Old 2009-06-04, 17:54   Link #731
blacktail fox

soul seal not soul link

although most people believe that this chapter is about clare having a soul link to an entity, i believe it is something more. if you people saw the title of the chapter it says SOUL SEAL and from my experience a seal is meant to contain and retain something, while a link is just to establish a connection. from what i saw from the chapter 92 it shows raphaela giveing her all probably including her yoki and sealing it inside clare. if you all recall raphaela told clare carve everything she(raphaela) was into clare, i believe she wanted clare have her power sealed insde clare for a particular purpose, probably to rectify the mistake clare made.

once again chapter 92 is called "SOUL SEAL" everyone
Old 2009-06-04, 18:30   Link #732
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Spoiler for Mature content:
Old 2009-06-04, 18:37   Link #733
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You should make a fanfiction out of all that
Old 2009-06-04, 18:38   Link #734
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktail fox View Post
although most people believe that this chapter is about clare having a soul link to an entity, i believe it is something more. if you people saw the title of the chapter it says SOUL SEAL and from my experience a seal is meant to contain and retain something, while a link is just to establish a connection. from what i saw from the chapter 92 it shows raphaela giveing her all probably including her yoki and sealing it inside clare. if you all recall raphaela told clare carve everything she(raphaela) was into clare, i believe she wanted clare have her power sealed insde clare for a particular purpose, probably to rectify the mistake clare made.

The title of this chapter is:

"Tamashi no Kokuin"

Tamashi is Soul. Kokuin is Seal or Engraving, Carving. It is a noun. So it is more like Engraving of the Soul rather then an action like sealing the soul. The title is prob referring to Clare receiving memory from Rafaela as those memories become carvings to Clare's mind and soul.
Old 2009-06-04, 18:47   Link #735
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
what... the... heck? you lost me half way through all of it. lol but hey... if it works for ya, not a problem if it goes that way. ^^;
Old 2009-06-04, 19:11   Link #736
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktail fox View Post

Soul Seal could also refer to the Soul Sealed minds of Raphaela and Luciela being intruded upon by Clare.

After all the fight took place in a soul seal that eventually crumbled giving birth to a Super AO (whether it be Clare or Luciela/Raphaela whatever you choose to call her, I believe the letter though.)

New Topic I'm kinda confused with how much of Clare's memories Raphaela got, since she knew Clare had trained for 7 years but didn't know about Quicksword... So I can't figure out what this mistake Clare made is, because I can't make any assumption as to how much about Clare Raphaela knew. So how can any of use figure this out... Is the mistake about revenge, the Org, Partually awakening, a missed fact...
Old 2009-06-04, 19:13   Link #737
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
what... the... heck? you lost me half way through all of it. lol but hey... if it works for ya, not a problem if it goes that way. ^^;
Sorry, I was distracted by a RL conversation I was having at the same time as typing... I couldn't avoid the conversation but I was desperate to get the idea on paper (so to speak) before I lost the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You should make a fanfiction out of all that
I just might!
Old 2009-06-04, 19:41   Link #738
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
New Topic I'm kinda confused with how much of Clare's memories Raphaela got, since she knew Clare had trained for 7 years but didn't know about Quicksword... So I can't figure out what this mistake Clare made is, because I can't make any assumption as to how much about Clare Raphaela knew. So how can any of use figure this out... Is the mistake about revenge, the Org, Partually awakening, a missed fact...
We don't know - Considering how dramatic Rapahela was, I'm assuming she got all of them, every moment in her entire life. No problem with that since the new being is something new entirely, so Raciella probably won't have much but vague flashbacks about her "past life"(in this case, only Luciella)

As for the mistake, your guess is as good as mine. It can be just about anything.
Old 2009-06-05, 00:28   Link #739
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Before we start making claims about "Soul Seals" and such, it would be wise to ask Cyclone-sama if that is the proper translation for the title.
Old 2009-06-05, 00:34   Link #740
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
There is that possibility, but I hope it does not go down that direction. Miyazaki did something similar in his manga Nausicaa the Valley of the Wind . Not exactly the best part that I enjoyed.