AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 22:18   Link #9241
bio9205
Reborn

Well, one reason why the Gadelaza wasn't replicated: It was simply too powerful. The ESF were already fighting a losing battle with ELS GN-XIVs. An army of Gadelazas? That would be way too overkill. No ending. Everyone dies. The producers couldn't let that happen, hmm?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:25   Link #9242
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So long as the 00Q showed up, the ELS were never going to win.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:27   Link #9243
bio9205
Reborn

In the first place, I doubt 00Q would make it past ELS Gadelazas. Or even allow Graham's Brave to kamikaze into their base, for that matter.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:33   Link #9244
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Spoiler for "GN-XIII and Setsuna's Flag:

Aww nuts, the GN Sword II Kai is custom made for the flag.

Spoiler for "GN-XIV:

And the "long rifle" jokes come in 3.....2.....1
Old 2010-10-13, 22:36   Link #9245
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
In the first place, I doubt 00Q would make it past ELS Gadelazas. Or even allow Graham's Brave to kamikaze into their base, for that matter.
The 00Q may have only had 5 minutes screen time, but make no mistake, it's a Twin Drive System Gundam, piloted by an Innovator. An ELS Gadelaza would of been slaughtered just like the rest.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:39   Link #9246
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The 00Q may have only had 5 minutes screen time, but make no mistake, it's a Twin Drive System Gundam, piloted by an Innovator. An ELS Gadelaza would of been slaughtered just like the rest.
Most likely. Although considering the fact that 00Q needed Graham to buy time (I forget why), its possible the 00Q could have been shot down. Also, the ELS have no idea of strategy: the 00Q's GN Field was single-directional! Why not just shoot it in the back?
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:40   Link #9247
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
An. What about an army of them? Wouldn't make sense for the ELS to just replicate one.

Oh, wait. This reminds me: Can they mass-replicate something after just assimilating ONE of its kind? I mean, they seem to have a combined hive mind of sorts.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:43   Link #9248
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
An. What about an army of them? Wouldn't make sense for the ELS to just replicate one.

Oh, wait. This reminds me: Can they mass-replicate something after just assimilating ONE of its kind? I mean, they seem to have a combined hive mind of sorts.
I don't see why they couldn't, but that begs the question of why they all didn't just turn into GN-XIVs after the first was assimilated.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:44   Link #9249
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

From what I gather, when the ESF launched a missile strike against the ELS, they deployed GN Fields, simply by learning it or something.

They seem to share whatever they assimilate.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:48   Link #9250
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
From what I gather, when the ESF launched a missile strike against the ELS, they deployed GN Fields, simply by learning it or something.

They seem to share whatever they assimilate.
Well, that means they would be able to mass-replicate Gadelazas.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:02   Link #9251
bio9205
Reborn

Oh yeah. I was looking at the pics of the HG Braves LoweGear posted in the Models thread. Was it ever mentioned how many members were there in the Solbraves squad? Was the Solbraves the only Braves squad?
Old 2010-10-13, 23:06   Link #9252
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I count five from the photo of the Brave pilots saluting.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:07   Link #9253
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Oh yeah. I was looking at the pics of the HG Braves LoweGear posted in the Models thread. Was it ever mentioned how many members were there in the Solbraves squad?
I haven't heard anything about it, but I would put the number at no greater the 20.

Quote:
Was the Solbraves the only Braves squad?
Most likely.

This is way off the current topic and quite a bit late in saying, but out of all the MS in the movie the most disappointing (so far) is Raphael. At least the 00Q is getting fleshed out in side-materials and such.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-10-13 at 23:41.
Old 2010-10-14, 00:01   Link #9254
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
It's 98.99% almost impossible, For all we know that Jupiter doesn't have the capability to suck anything into it and how the hell it can suck it's own star that's only rotating in it's orbit? =.=". ELS MUST have assimilated them because it's certainly impossible for Io and Ganymedes to be sucked in the inside of Jupiter. Don't confuse people for your false recalls, Most of those who watched the movie clearly said that ELS ASSIMILATED Io and Ganymedes. Otherwise, Your statement could be just based off from spoilers and got mixed up in your mind.
That scene only showed that Io and Ganymede was SUCKED into Jupiter, and then, the ELS planetoid comes out of Jupiter. It wasn't shown whether ELS assimilated it. The reason why Io and Ganymedes were sucked wasn't shown, but it was DEFINITELY caused by the appearance of ELS. You CAN'T assume that ELS assimilated these 2 moons, because IT WASN'T SHOWN!! Who knows if the moons were sucked into Jupiter because of ELS appearance/teleportation and not assimilation???

Last edited by wencong1356; 2010-10-14 at 01:42.
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 02:04   Link #9255
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Well given that the OOQ can quantize, and use the Raiser Sword, I wouldnt be surprised if a group of Gadelazas were taken out in one slice.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 04:19   Link #9256
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
That scene only showed that Io and Ganymede was SUCKED into Jupiter, and then, the ELS planetoid comes out of Jupiter. It wasn't shown whether ELS assimilated it. The reason why Io and Ganymedes were sucked wasn't shown, but it was DEFINITELY caused by the appearance of ELS. You CAN'T assume that ELS assimilated these 2 moons, because IT WASN'T SHOWN!! Who knows if the moons were sucked into Jupiter because of ELS appearance/teleportation and not assimilation???
An appearance is not enough for 2 MOONS to be sucked into Jupiter, Maybe it wasn't shown that ELS assimilated those 2 Moons from an angle. Like what I said, Jupiter doesn't have the capability to suck it's moon into it because if it will suck it's 2 moons then it will have a collision that can even destroy half of ELS' mother ship. And it's probably impossible for ELS to transform their mother ship into something that looked like a combined form of Jupiter's moons given that they need various specifications and we can probably guess that due to the mixed data they gathered from Jupiter's moons they transformed into it and the result is a somewhat combined form of Jupiter's moon. Like what I've said, Even a teleportation nor Jupiter's gravity on it's Great Red Spot doesn't have the capability to suck 2 moons at it at the SAME TIME because if it will do, Then the ELS' mother ship would have a collision with those 2 Moons and ELS will be certainly destroyed. A logical guess would be, ELS sucked those 2 moons from an angle that the camera wasn't able to show.

Last edited by BurningChaos; 2010-10-14 at 05:37.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 06:17   Link #9257
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
Spoiler for "GN-XIII and Setsuna's Flag:

Aww nuts, the GN Sword II Kai is custom made for the flag.
While Setsuna's custom Flag looks cool and all...isn't it ridiculously outdated? A custom GN-XIII will make more sense...
Old 2010-10-14, 06:43   Link #9258
wencong1356

Spoiler for big picture:

Source: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2010/1...w-2010_13.html
Old 2010-10-14, 06:55   Link #9259
wencong1356

Quote:
moon. Like what I've said, Even a teleportation nor Jupiter's gravity on it's Great Red Spot doesn't have the capability to suck 2 moons at it at the SAME TIME because if it will do, Then the ELS' mother ship would have a collision with those 2 Moons and ELS will be certainly destroyed. A logical guess would be, ELS sucked those 2 moons from an angle that the camera wasn't able to show.
This is alien-tech we are talking about. We can't understand it.
Old 2010-10-14, 07:00   Link #9260
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
An appearance is not enough for 2 MOONS to be sucked into Jupiter, Maybe it wasn't shown that ELS assimilated those 2 Moons from an angle. Like what I said, Jupiter doesn't have the capability to suck it's moon into it because if it will suck it's 2 moons then it will have a collision that can even destroy half of ELS' mother ship. And it's probably impossible for ELS to transform their mother ship into something that looked like a combined form of Jupiter's moons given that they need various specifications and we can probably guess that due to the mixed data they gathered from Jupiter's moons they transformed into it and the result is a somewhat combined form of Jupiter's moon. Like what I've said, Even a teleportation nor Jupiter's gravity on it's Great Red Spot doesn't have the capability to suck 2 moons at it at the SAME TIME because if it will do, Then the ELS' mother ship would have a collision with those 2 Moons and ELS will be certainly destroyed. A logical guess would be, ELS sucked those 2 moons from an angle that the camera wasn't able to show.
I second wencong's post. Clearly, the ESF only saw footages of Io and Ganymede being sucked into the Great Red Spot. I went to the movie in Singapore and saw that, so please stop hurling abuse at us. If we did confuse the movie with spoilers then fine, but we didn't, precisely.

If you think about it, they are ELS = Extraterrestrial Livingmetal Shapeshifter. It's likely that their humongous mass added on Jupiter distorted Jupiter's gravity and thus sucked those moons in.

It seems very possible that the issue here is to do with gravity, not assimilation.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie