AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 09:56   Link #2401
justsomeguy

The sword duel between Loran and Gym shows that the Moonlight Butterfly targets metal, from the way wisps of nanomachines surrounded their swords and Turn X's head unit, while not Loran who was near the head at the time. Gym just got caught up since he was between the MB and the swords at the time.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 09:59   Link #2402
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ I mean strictly speaking, a sword is technology too. That's why I said the word "technology" is so vague.

Even stuff like a stone-age club is technology.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 19:04   Link #2403
justsomeguy

I was offering clarification, that MB is attracted to metal and not just electrical devices. Loran's flight suit is undoubtedly technology, but the nanomachines didn't go for it, so maybe cloth, rubber, etc. is excluded.

Old 2010-10-21, 06:29   Link #2404
bio9205
Reborn

Strike Freedom vs Zabanya. I think this has been brought up before, but still.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 06:59   Link #2405
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Strike Freedom vs Zabanya. I think this has been brought up before, but still.
Yes it has, by me. It wasnt discussed however

I'll just make a brief analysis for now as a basis of this fight.

*Pilots - Well I'd say Kira is probably the better pilot as I don't really see anything genetically special about Lyle. He is however, backed up by TWO Haros which I assume can take on a LOT of processing. Kira has the (plot-driven) SEED mode which can probably be an advantage.

*Just a wild hunch, I'm guessing Zabanya being presumed to be a sniper type, would have the advantage of range compared to SF's weapons.

*Having taken range into account, in contrast to the last point, SF probably has more of an advantage in close range due to being better equipped with beam sabers?

*I'd say Zabanya probably has MORE raw firepower than SF which is of course, an advantage in that category.

*Defensive capabilities, SF has its beam shields which its limits havent been shown exactly, whereas Zabanya has its holster bits (a crapload of them) and I'm not sure how they'd compare defensively in comparison to beam shields.

This is all I can think of right now at the top of my head...

At the moment... I cant decide >_<
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:48   Link #2406
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
*Defensive capabilities, SF has its beam shields which its limits havent been shown exactly, whereas Zabanya has its holster bits (a crapload of them) and I'm not sure how they'd compare defensively in comparison to beam shields.
The advantage of beam shields is that they don't degrade when they are used, unless the emitter is hit. Disadvantage is that there are only two, and mounted on the arms means that their angle is limited, and cannot be used at the same time as hand-held weapons.
The advantage of the shield bits is that there are many of them and can cover the omni-directional attacks from enemy remotes. Problem is enough hits will destroy them. Zabanya will start with a better defense, but this advantage disappears if fight drags on.

Old 2010-10-26, 09:27   Link #2407
Nitramy
Umbrella that Smites Evil

Location: The home of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo City, Philippines
Send a message via AIM to Nitramy Send a message via Yahoo to Nitramy
Let's try something different.

Gundam X Divider (Jamil Neate pilots) and Crouda (Lancerow Darwell Custom) vs. Aile Strike and Aegis (Kira and Athrun pilot, respectively).

Also, for a super-special bonus round, let's have Rain Mikamura vs. Lunamaria Hawke in several scenarios.

1. In MF/MS (piloting Rising Gundam and Force Impulse, respectively)
2. Project Runway-style fashion contest
3. Mud wrestling

Heaven or Hell, Duel 1, let's rock!
Old 2010-10-29, 05:38   Link #2408
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Rain wins all three. Because she's awesome.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 12:43   Link #2409
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

With 10 more episodes to go in X, here's one:

Witz "Cool Jacket" Sou in GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster

vs.

Roybea "Ladies Man" Loy in GT-9600 Gundam Leopard
Old 2010-10-29, 13:23   Link #2410
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
With 10 more episodes to go in X, here's one:

Witz "Cool Jacket" Sou in GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster

vs.

Roybea "Ladies Man" Loy in GT-9600 Gundam Leopard
Not trying to sound like an asshole but they're both pretty incompetent Gundams, especially Airmaster (although I am quite fond of its upgrade blue color scheme). I do not recall it doing any good at all. So I guess I'll have to go with Leopard since he's got more firepower. Airmaster's got the mobility but he's got nothing going for him for offense (both melee and range).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 02:05   Link #2411
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

or how about Unicorn and Sinanju vs the Archangel with Kira, Athrun, Mu, and Andrew.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 08:22   Link #2412
LightMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post
or how about Unicorn and Sinanju vs the Archangel with Kira, Athrun, Mu, and Andrew.
>.>

You know that's...four on two right?
LightMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 12:15   Link #2413
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMaster View Post
>.>

You know that's...four on two right?
Yes I do.
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 12:56   Link #2414
justsomeguy

I think Infinite Justice would be the biggest threat by far, since it has the most melee weapons. Unicorn's Newtype barrier thing would protect it against the Dragoons (though those are computer-controlled and probably can't be hijacked as with Funnels), while its mobility allows it to dodge the heavier weapons. Without the Dragoons, Strike Freedom and Akatsuki would have to resort to closing in for melee (while under fire by Unicorn's huge beams), which they're not as good at as Infinite Justice. Sinanju is likely the second best machine for melee here, and has an advantage in reach over all of the CE mechs due to its size. No idea if it has defenses against remote weapons though. Gaia is useless in this fight and goes down first.

Old 2010-11-09, 13:46   Link #2415
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I suppose the battlefield would need to be known as well. Gaia's mostly out of its element in a space battle, but we've seen it do fairly well in space when there's objects around to maneuver through.

We also have to take into account that the Archangel is in this fight, providing support fire, and Kira's had plenty of experience in coordinating his assaults with Murrue's captaining, as Athrun and Andrew can easily tell you. Honestly I don't think it'd end well for Banagher and Full Frontal, assuming those are the pilots for the Unicorn and Sinaju in this hypothetical fight.
Old 2010-11-09, 17:08   Link #2416
justsomeguy

How good of a pilot does Banagher become? As of movie 2, he's still pretty poor. If he becomes Amuro level, then this fight is winnable, but right now it seems like Full Frontal will have to fight the Seed crew alone.

As for Gaea, not only does it have to find objects, it will also have to lure Unicorn and Sinanju close to the objects in order to be relevant. Even so, it's still lower tier than SF, IJ, and Akatsuki in pretty much everything, along with half of its arsenal only usable in quadruped mode. If no space debris is available, it's best left hanging around Archangel as mobile turret.

Old 2010-11-09, 17:11   Link #2417
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And that is of course assuming that the battlefield really is in space. If its on Earth, then the Gaia becomes that much more useful, but the Strike Freedom and Akatsuki lose access to their space-only DRAGOON weaponry.
Old 2010-11-11, 03:50   Link #2418
monster

I just want to point out that Gaia should be able to fight just as well as any other mobile suit in space in its mobile suit mode. It's the quadruped mode that takes advantage of solid ground to run on (or other objects to bounce off).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:37   Link #2419
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Umm.. How about Tallgeese VS Dendrobium Orchis. A Mobile Armor against a Mobile suit. This thread is about just mecha, while not factoring the pilots, right?
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:52   Link #2420
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, we can factor in pilots here as well. Personally I don't see how we couldn't as a lot of these machines we wouldn't know the capabilities of were it not for the pilots.