Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-15, 10:49   Link #101
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The moment he knew he'd end up protecting Robin.

I do not regret shipping that.

Quote:
And how do we know if Robin tries to use her stomping move against a more clever opponent, said enemy wouldn't think of something like tickling her giant tootsies or setting up a trap of a million thumbtacks or something like that?
You know, that is so something I would expect to happen at one point or another. Robin gets tickled into submission. That would be.... an interesting sight...
Old 2011-09-15, 11:18   Link #102
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The major opponents for this arc seem a little random and under-developed. Random giant that took drugs, random fodder boss that OD'ed on drugs...
What's bad about random?
Old 2011-09-15, 11:18   Link #103
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Random question: when did zoro strip?
He's been shirtless for a few chapters already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And how do we know if Robin tries to use her stomping move against a more clever opponent, said enemy wouldn't think of something like tickling her giant tootsies or setting up a trap of a million thumbtacks or something like that?
Robin feels the pain experienced by every limb she makes, so just chop the giant limb off, or burn it or something painful. Why bother tickling her. Even if her actual limbs are not hurt, giving her a crippling pain will give enemies good opportunity to strike the main body.
Old 2011-09-15, 11:53   Link #104
Homura7

Btw guys, if you are interested...

Spoiler for Supernova post-time skip:

Holy shit, they all look really awesome
Old 2011-09-15, 11:54   Link #105
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post

Robin feels the pain experienced by every limb she makes, so just chop the giant limb off, or burn it or something painful. Why bother tickling her. Even if her actual limbs are not hurt, giving her a crippling pain will give enemies good opportunity to strike the main body.

I am so hoping you are a girl. Nothing against you or the fairer side of human species. But if you're a man, why hurt a hottie when you can tickle her silly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Btw guys, if you are interested...

Spoiler for Supernova post-time skip:

Holy shit, they all look really awesome

Kid seems to sport a similar scar to Zoro. And, Bonny. Can we expect her to somehow escape the WG again after being captured by Akainu?
Old 2011-09-15, 11:59   Link #106
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Kid seems to sport a similar scar to Zoro. And, Bonny. Can we expect her to somehow escape the WG again after being captured by Akainu?
Kid lost an arm, apparently, and Bonney looks like a revolutionary.
Old 2011-09-15, 12:42   Link #107
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Capone looks fatter actually...
Old 2011-09-15, 13:20   Link #108
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Kid lost an arm, apparently, and Bonney looks like a revolutionary.
Not necessarily, we've seen Kid using his DF power to coat his arm in metal, so that might be all that is. Although it would be interesting if he did lose his arm....
Old 2011-09-15, 13:37   Link #109
marvelB

Actually, about that supernova pic: Apparently, there's a chance that it's not legit, and may instead be fanart. But if that isn't real.... then all I gotta say is that whoever drew that is damn good at copying Oda's style.

Nonetheless, whether it's real or not, I've gotta say that I'm totally diggin' the post-skip Capone, Apoo, and Drake designs. Everyone else largely looks the same (though I actually kinda like Killer's goatee).....
Old 2011-09-15, 14:12   Link #110
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In all seriousness, who amongst the Fishmen can really fight against Robin? The Trio can undoubtedly beat all of them, maybe even all of them by themselves (e.g. 1 against all), but damn if Robin's powers don't also lend her the ability to take down all of the fighters as well. Consequently, I don't know if she will fight if only because she should be able to beat anyone she fights easily.
Isn't this dependant on whether or not she can simply lock joints which she can do to I'd say a very big percentage of people(like 99%) but Hyouzou being what he is has I believe a very great advantage against Robin.
If Oda is using any kinda RL biology here, I suspect Hyouzou would be able to withstand any attack since he lacks a skeleton.
For Robin she would have to first stop his swords which in her case means stopping his arms which I think she's have a hard time doing, unlike Zoro who only needs to put a stop to his swords with his own swords.
Well I'd say it would be a pretty interesting fight between Hyouzou and Robin to say the least.
Old 2011-09-15, 14:22   Link #111
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Next Chapter: Robin makes a giant fist punching Zoro out of her way and starts fighting Hyouzou saying "He came at me first".
Zoro cries in a corner.
Old 2011-09-15, 14:24   Link #112
marvelB

^Then Hyouzou tickles her giant feet with his tentacles, stabs her while she's in her giggling fit, and takes a big swig of booze as his poison handles the rest. "Wheeeee!"
Old 2011-09-15, 14:44   Link #113
Homura7

I can't wait to see how Brook trolls Ikaros squid spears XD
Old 2011-09-15, 14:47   Link #114
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Then Hyouzou tickles her giant feet with his tentacles, stabs her while she's in her giggling fit, and takes a big swig of booze as his poison handles the rest. "Wheeeee!"
Robin looks vaguely amused as she is tickled, before sprouting 32 arms (3 to hold down each limb, and one to hold each of Hyouzou's swords) and effortlessly destroys Hyouzou. And that's only if shee doesn't go for the overkill option, summoning 64 arms, or 128, or a million. Whatever the case Hyouzou is down before he can even hiccup a reply or slur an insult. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
If Oda is using any kinda RL biology here, I suspect Hyouzou would be able to withstand any attack since he lacks a skeleton.
She would be unable to really confine Hyouzou's movements (though I guess it is possible that she could attach several hands to each tentacle, then simply have the hands link up, effectively limiting his movements), but she can simply grab hold of Hyouzou's weapons. There is no real surface she can't attach a limb to (besides the ocean?), so she can easily place several hands on each of Hyouzou's "hands", and then forcibly control the movement of the swords. And, for overkill, she can attach hundreds of limbs all over his body and simply confine him under a sea of hands.

Or, the easiest solution, she can simply take away his sake/pills. .

Honestly, Oda has never went all out with Robin's powers. Why can't she simply poke out an opponents eyes by placing fingers around their eyelids? Why can't she slowly choke someone by blocking off all air by "growing" fingers and hands around/in their mouth and nose? Etc. If Oda really wanted to, he could make Robin equal to the Big Three (I agree its not quite her character to be a fighter, but the potential is obviously there).

Last edited by james0246; 2011-09-15 at 15:03.
Old 2011-09-15, 15:04   Link #115
ZeroForever

wasn't Hyouzou's established to be poisonious so robin spreading arms on him would be a terrible idea.

ingeneral though i agree with James that Robin's ability should allow her to gib most non-logia characters and is pretty much ideal anti mook. Though it was been established that her ability/arms strength can be overcome with sufficient brute force in the zombie arc.
Old 2011-09-15, 15:04   Link #116
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Robin looks vaguely amused as she is tickled, before sprouting 32 arms (3 to hold down each limb, and one to hold each of Hyouzou's swords) and effortlessly destroys Hyouzou. And that's only if shee doesn't go for the overkill option, summoning 64 arms, or 128, or a million. Whatever the case Hyouzou is down before he can even hiccup a reply or slur an insult. .

She would be unable to really confine Hyouzou's movements (though I guess it is possible that she could attach several hands to each tentacle, then simply have the hands link up, effectively limiting his movements), but she can simply grab hold of Hyouzou's weapons. There is no real surface she can't attach a limb to (besides the ocean?), so she can easily place several hands on each of Hyouzou's "hands", and then forcibly control the movement of the swords. And, for overkill, she can attach hundreds of limbs all over his body and simply confine him under a sea of hands.

Or, the easiest solution, she can simply take away his sake/pills. .

Honestly, Oda has never went all out with Robin's powers. Why can't she simply poke out an opponents eyes by placing fingers around their eyelids? Why can't she slowly choke someone by blocking off all air by "growing" fingers and hands around/in their mouth and nose? Etc. If Oda really wanted to, he could make Robin equal to the Big Three (I agree its not quite her character to be a fighter, but the potential is obviously there).
She WAS an assassin before joining the crew so imagine what she might have done during that time. She could have just mellowed out after joining the crew when it comes to killing (in other words, Oda didn't want her to look like a cold killer)
Old 2011-09-15, 15:19   Link #117
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
wasn't Hyouzou's established to be poisonious so robin spreading arms on him would be a terrible idea.
Damn you're right. I completely forgot Hyouzou was poisonious to the touch.
Old 2011-09-15, 15:29   Link #118
marvelB

Quote:

lol

Also, about Hyouzou lacking a skeleton: Wouldn't the same be true of Ikaros, as well? I mean, as a fellow invertebrate, he shouldn't have to worry about getting snapped in half, either. Also, being a squid, he should be able to blind her with ink to further lower her defenses (actually, that should be true of Hyouzou, as well.....). So however nerfed Robin's ability may or may not be shouldn't really matter since at least the cephalopod-type fish-people still have certain advantages against her......
Old 2011-09-15, 15:47   Link #119
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I think only Hyouzou tentacles lack a skeleton...the rest of him seems pretty vertebrate...
Old 2011-09-15, 16:21   Link #120
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
As I already wrote before the time skip: I expect several of them to be dead by now. If they survived the new world with their skills from two years ago, the whole training for the SH would have been unnecessary.
Your arguments make no sense, the fact the other supernovas entered the New World way before Luffy and his crew was simply because they were more prepared and enough strong to survive, as Eustass pointed out. The only exception is Bonney, but I'm pretty sure she somehow managed herself to survive.

So no, the training was essential, or else the crew would have been annihilated as soon as they went through the other half of the Grandline. No matter you don't like it, if each one of these supernovas has an important role in the future, they won't be dead, and certainly this is what makes One Piece so different from other series, its consistency, and the fact very important characters don't die unless there's a purpose behind (namely Ace and Whitebeard).
Closed Thread