AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-03, 03:31   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 88

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 88.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Old 2009-02-03, 03:33   Link #2
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Not a bad chapter.
To think the ZACS would be powerful enough to get Isley's arm...
Old 2009-02-03, 03:38   Link #3
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Reposting my two favorite moments from the episode.

ZACS finding Isley tasty

Dietrich saving the day.
Old 2009-02-03, 03:42   Link #4
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I wonder why Isley is not running?

Maybe they will follow him to the end of the earth, but it does not look good for him.

It looks like ZCS gets stronger after eating some flesh.
Old 2009-02-03, 03:44   Link #5
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Most likely, Isley has fed enough on the people of that town that he has enough energy and has regenerated enough to fight. Boy him and those ZACS sure did decimate the place very quickly.
Old 2009-02-03, 03:56   Link #6
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Not a bad chapter.
To think the ZACS would be powerful enough to get Isley's arm...
The fighting was pretty awesome in this chapter. It kind of makes it suck that the Anime is over, because this would be nice to watch animated.
Old 2009-02-03, 03:57   Link #7
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

It seems the Zombie Claymore Strippers actually have an official name now... Abyssal Eaters? Eaters of the Abyss? Hmmm. I wonder how others will translate that to make it sound cool. The demons that eat the dwellers of the deep...

Deitrich sure knows a lot.

And good call on whoever picked out the source for these things after seeing the spoilers .

And Cyclone, I never thought it would happen, but this month I don't have to complain about waiting for the raws with the chinese scans in my face! Oh glorious day!
Old 2009-02-03, 03:59   Link #8
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Can't beat them? Create fellows which can eat them. Smart idea.

Now, all we need to do is to let a few "hounds" loose on Riful...
Old 2009-02-03, 04:13   Link #9
Newhope

Deitrich was the most intriguing part of this chapter why and how does she know so much and is it her reason her rebelling, to me the more we see her the more Miria like she becomes.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:17   Link #10
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

That's the weird thing: if she knows so much, why did she say she is loyal to the org? There is no moral high ground for the org destroying the south with those monsters. I'm not even sure if Priscilla can stop those things in her weakened state. Before, she might have if she released her energy like she did on Isley, but now...
Old 2009-02-03, 04:23   Link #11
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

These "hounds" should have been specifically designed to be "giant-slayers", so to speak. The bigger you are, the greater danger you're in.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:23   Link #12
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Are the ZACS protecting their heads? or has Isley never tried hitting their heads?

What if Dietrich knew to much, thats why she was on that Ab hunt.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:26   Link #13
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Funny if Isley never tried. He should know better than anyone else that "heads off" is probably the only way to kill someone for real in Claymore.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:31   Link #14
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Obviously these things regenerate fast, but I was thinking about how claymores have an advantage over yoma because they're faster. Could these ZACS be faster than even Isley, and that's why he doesn't immediately run? Anyway, the zacs look different when excited, less like slow moving zombies, their bodies become more sleek and curvy.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:37   Link #15
Sci-Fi

With Isley's arm gone, it's gonna be hard to escape without stopping/delaying the zombies first. Who knows if the standing still trick will work with an AB/AO. Remains to be seen if our Claymore trio is far enough away not to be tracked by the zombies. At the moment the zombies seem unstoppable.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:37   Link #16
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

:P BTW, I think the reason why the org held off on this plan until after the first generation of Claymores is that Male Zombie Claymore Strippers is just a thought that is too horrible to bare.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:39   Link #17
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
With Isley's arm gone, it's gonna be hard to escape without stopping/delaying the zombies first. Who knows if the standing still trick will work with an AB/AO. Remains to be seen if our Claymore trio is far enough away not to be tracked by the zombies. At the moment the zombies seem unstoppable.
I wonder if I'll win the which redundant big boss has to die first poll.
Old 2009-02-03, 05:12   Link #18
MalakTawus

Isley isn't stupid,i bet he isn't in real danger but probably he doesn't know how to completely kill them(and yeah,i'm betting on the head as the vital point....but you have to destroy it, not cut away from the body imo)
Old 2009-02-03, 05:15   Link #19
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

While I don't know what was Isley saying/thinking because of the lack of translation, I don't see this as a dire situation for him. The guy easily fended them off and ripped them to shreds; just not in the critical spot. It would be difficult with one arm lost but this an AO we are talking about for goodness sake!

Isley considered redundant at this point? Dunno about that but I see this chapter as a demonstration of the AE's powers and could also be a reminder of Isley's powers.

Now I really want to read the chapter translated.
Old 2009-02-03, 05:22   Link #20
Riful
Of The West

So now we know why Isley and Raki/Prissy seperated, I suppose, it would have been too dangerous for them or maybe they got seperated during a fight. This really sucks for Isley ... they will keep hunting him until the end of time ... or until he gets their heads, but that doesn't seem very easy.
Closed Thread