AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-29, 14:01   Link #1941
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
He failed when he was practicing reinforcement with Rin, but he succeeded in tracing plenty of misc stuff. If you play the fate route, after Rin hands you the lamps and you fail to reinforce them, there's an option to tell Rin you've failed. Choosing it, you go to a scene where you overhear Rin complaining about all the stuff he created in the shed, which should be impossible.
Weren't those hollow? Shirou said that he could only reproduce the outside, but the inside was completely hollow. It was on the 9th day, after fighting Caster.

Quote:
"But it's not like I can project something useful like I did just now.
I can get them looking the same on the outside, but they were all empty on the inside."
What I wonder is how can those things Shirou created still stay in the world for that long of a time. Wouldn't the world try to destroy them?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 16:20   Link #1942
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Weren't those hollow? Shirou said that he could only reproduce the outside, but the inside was completely hollow. It was on the 9th day, after fighting Caster.
That's what I mean fail--tracing is not really that easy(obviously!)

Quote:
What I wonder is how can those things Shirou created still stay in the world for that long of a time. Wouldn't the world try to destroy them?
They do disappear(get destroyed by the world) unless it gets some supply of mana to sustain it.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 17:01   Link #1943
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
EDIT: To be specific, from his sniping position roughly 3 miles away from the Fuyuuki bridge he can strike at any person on the bridge in just over one second. This distance being well within his range.
They showed off Archer's sniping ability moreso in Realta Nua.

There's a CG pic of Archer sniping Berserker. (I think)

A Broken Phantasm doesn't actually "blow up". After the explosion caused by Calabolg II, it rolled next to Shirou before vanishing.
Old 2008-05-29, 17:19   Link #1944
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
They do disappear(get destroyed by the world) unless it gets some supply of mana to sustain it.
But then how did Shirou's items stay in the world? I don't think Shirou possesses that ability [If he wasn't able to transfer prana to Saber with their Servant-Master bond, then I don't think he can transfer prana to items.], and I don't think there was anything else supplying them with prana.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 18:30   Link #1945
rastilin

Quote:
But then how did Shirou's items stay in the world? I don't think Shirou possesses that ability [If he wasn't able to transfer prana to Saber with their Servant-Master bond, then I don't think he can transfer prana to items.], and I don't think there was anything else supplying them with prana.
That's a good question, they were probably in the process of dissapearing.

Quote:
Really? I have been thinking on doing calculations on that, but I never gathered enough data to do so. Do you think you can post a link here?
Again, it's something I picked up ages ago. If the target is 3 miles away and the travel time is one second or so, that works out to 9720 miles per hour, or mach 13; roughly. Note the assumed speed here is 2.7 miles per second.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 20:43   Link #1946
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
That's a good question, they were probably in the process of dissapearing.
Probably the world only fixes things that aren't supposed to be there, so if an object traced is of ordinary, the world will destroy it in slower process?

Quote:
Again, it's something I picked up ages ago. If the target is 3 miles away and the travel time is one second or so, that works out to 9720 miles per hour, or mach 13; roughly. Note the assumed speed here is 2.7 miles per second.
That's about how you do the calculations. However I've read through that scene in UBW, though there is no saying how long did Archer's arrow take to reach...
Old 2008-05-29, 21:10   Link #1947
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Umm does all types of arrows archer uses reach the target with the same velocity??
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 23:39   Link #1948
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Umm does all types of arrows archer uses reach the target with the same velocity??
No. The Kalabolg II he used against Berserker was slower than Hrunting, since Shirou had time to react, run over, and push Saber out of the way before impact.

Then again, it was probably because he wanted to give Shirou the chance to get Saber out of the way, so he fired a slower arrow.

On the other hand, the Kalabolg II he used on Caster didn't even give her time to react even though she was miles up in the sky.
Old 2008-05-30, 00:40   Link #1949
rastilin

Quote:
Then again, it was probably because he wanted to give Shirou the chance to get Saber out of the way, so he fired a slower arrow.
It's possible, he did mention he intended to get Rin and Saber together. But I think the reason she got clear was that Shirou can sense Archer's intent. It does seem slower though because Berserker had time to turn around and strike it.

Quote:
On the other hand, the Kalabolg II he used on Caster didn't even give her time to react even though she was miles up in the sky.
Kalabolg II didn't go near caster, it cut the entire sky to pieces. Caster couldn't dodge because the area effect was so all-encompassing. It's speed probably wouldn't affect that in any way.

Quote:
That's about how you do the calculations. However I've read through that scene in UBW, though there is no saying how long did Archer's arrow take to reach...
I'm referring to the sniping scene on the bridge in Hollow Ataraxia, the sequel. Shirou's on the Fuyuuki Bridge, Archer's on a high rise in the city center. From his position he can send an arrow to the bridge in one second. Although the position is given as 3 miles away, it's likely somewhat closer, since on the map the bridge looks to be not too far away from the city center.
Old 2008-05-30, 04:41   Link #1950
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
No. The Kalabolg II he used against Berserker was slower than Hrunting, since Shirou had time to react, run over, and push Saber out of the way before impact.
Shirou ran before Archer was shooting

Quote:
I think it's more like Kalabolg II packs more damage. Archer came to the 5th HG war to kill Shirou, right?

Quote:
Caster's no fighter, so it's only natural that she couldn't react fast enough. Even Rin managed to beat her in terms of physical speed. (kung fu Rin was soooo cool...)

Quote:
It's possible, he did mention he intended to get Rin and Saber together. But I think the reason she got clear was that Shirou can sense Archer's intent. It does seem slower though because Berserker had time to turn around and strike it.
Rin and Saber?

Quote:
I'm referring to the sniping scene on the bridge in Hollow Ataraxia, the sequel. Shirou's on the Fuyuuki Bridge, Archer's on a high rise in the city center. From his position he can send an arrow to the bridge in one second. Although the position is given as 3 miles away, it's likely somewhat closer, since on the map the bridge looks to be not too far away from the city center.
Ahh--I haven't got a chance to play F/HA yet, looking forward to the translation to it...
Old 2008-05-30, 05:48   Link #1951
rastilin

Quote:
Rin and Saber?
When Rin makes Saber her servant in UBW, Archer says "I was intending for Rin to contract Saber, but now things are going out of order.". He wasn't planning to leave Rin defenseless in the grail war, he's not that stupid.
Old 2008-05-30, 06:09   Link #1952
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
When Rin makes Saber her servant in UBW, Archer says "I was intending for Rin to contract Saber, but now things are going out of order.". He wasn't planning to leave Rin defenseless in the grail war, he's not that stupid.
Ahh. I mis-understood you. I was still thinking about the vs Berserker scene in UBW and was under the impression that you said Archer wanted to get(kill) Rin & Saber together.
Old 2008-05-30, 06:13   Link #1953
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Did he intend to do that before or after rin said she want a servant saber to archer?
Old 2008-05-30, 06:45   Link #1954
rastilin

It's not mentioned, but probably from before.
Old 2008-05-30, 07:41   Link #1955
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Did he intend to do that before or after rin said she want a servant saber to archer?
Judging from the fact that Archer has the natural ability Mind's Eye which allows him to consider all sorts of possibility and strategy in a split second during combat, I think it might be possible he formed it the moment he saw Caster in the underground of the church. But the fact that Rin told him she wanted a saber class servant might be the cause of this action as well.
Old 2008-05-30, 10:09   Link #1956
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Why is everyone saying Kalabolg 2 its Caladbolg 2...

Anyway another question:

How is Saber summoned? Shirou didn't make the magic circle for her summoning right?

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Old 2008-05-30, 10:21   Link #1957
rastilin

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's spelled differently in various places. When Archer's using it against Caster in UBW, he says it with a K.

Quote:
How is Saber summoned? Shirou didn't make the magic circle for her summoning right?
The shed was his Dad's Atelier, he'd traced the circle ages ago and just put a rug over it when he wasn't using it. Shirou was inside the circle when he summoned Saber.
Old 2008-05-30, 10:51   Link #1958
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Blame the Japanese! Caladbolg is the correct spelling of the sword, though if you convert it into Japanese katagana(カラ ボグ), (Ca->カ,la->ラ, bo-> ボ lg->グ) and back into English via romanization(カ->Ka/Ga,ラ->La ボ-> Bo グ->Gu), Kalabolg is what you get...

Anyway another question:

Quote:
Quote:
The shed was his Dad's Atelier, he'd traced the circle ages ago and just put a rug over it when he wasn't using it. Shirou was inside the circle when he summoned Saber.
Actually...Saber was summoned outside of Japan...it was mentioned in Fate/Zero that Emiya(senior) summoned Saber in the main house of the Einzbern, back in Germany. The magic circle in the shed was actually just a recovery circle drawn by Saber under the supervision of Irisviel, Illya's mother. However even though it's a recovery circle it is drawn with the concept of drawing mana from the grail to the servant for faster recovery, it can be used as an (incomplete) summoning circle.
Old 2008-05-31, 05:12   Link #1959
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Another question:

Is twelve trials a passive or an active noble phantasm?

Since archer fighting technique is based on the noble phantasm he use then is it safe to say his skill is determined by that too?

How strong is a rank-d mana resistance?

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Old 2008-05-31, 06:06   Link #1960
rastilin

Quote:
Is twelve trials a passive or an active noble phantasm?
Passive

Quote:
Since archer fighting technique is based on the noble phantasm he use then is it safe to say his skill is determined by that too?
Not necessarily. He can wake the memories of a weapon to get it's skills, but by this point he has a few skills of his own. His skill is determined by his weapon in the sense that he's only trained with a few.

Quote:
How strong is a rank-d mana resistance?
It'll block Rin's Gand magic completely and weaken higher level techniques.