AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-18, 17:44   Link #61
Hav0kkx

Hope I'm not being captain obvious, but the chain around ichigo's arm is extending from his sword right?
Old 2010-08-18, 18:03   Link #62
Gin
*Artist

If Ai-chan and his cronies took Rangiku's latent Shinigami powers, then how is she a Shinigami now? Unless the thing that was taken from her was her virginity and Gin just wanted to use the Hogyoku's power to restore her hymen?
Old 2010-08-18, 18:27   Link #63
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This chapter has seriously increased Gin's chances of survival. Just read it now. What exactly was it that was taken from Rangiku? The Hogyoku? That doesn't make sense.
I'm thinking it's a chunk of her soul, or spiritual power, which was the shimmery stuff he was handing to his cronies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
If Ai-chan and his cronies took Rangiku's latent Shinigami powers, then how is she a Shinigami now? Unless the thing that was taken from her was her virginity and Gin just wanted to use the Hogyoku's power to restore her hymen?
... or that.
Old 2010-08-18, 19:28   Link #64
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

ok i was waiting like the whole anime for a full gen fight and now this? one chapter he says aizen ur dead the next one he dies and gets his arm ripped off without even doing anything and does he think after being near aizen all that time that he can kill him normally like that well im really pissed cuz i alwais had ichimaro gen 1st charecter on my anime history so im kinda mega shocked.....rly ...

actually i mean the whole manga sorry about that *

Last edited by ElvenPath; 2010-08-18 at 20:27. Reason: Double post.
Old 2010-08-18, 19:36   Link #65
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Ichigo better watch out stomping like that. Before he goes and twist his ankle like someone else just did
Old 2010-08-18, 19:38   Link #66
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
Ichigo better watch out stomping like that. Before he goes and twist his ankle like someone else just did
Haha!

Classic.
Old 2010-08-18, 19:40   Link #67
TyG3R

bleach sucks , dude. everyone knows that. it was interesting in the beginning , now is garbage.

I like the humor in Bleach , though.

I'm a big Ichimaru fan , but Kubo destroyed him too.I don't know why i should read Bleach anymore.
Old 2010-08-18, 19:42   Link #68
SeanQ

omg stupid chapter so Aizen needed someone to scare him in order to make his hogyoku complete...-_-
Old 2010-08-18, 19:46   Link #69
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyG3R View Post
bleach sucks , dude. everyone knows that. it was interesting in the beginning , now is garbage.

I like the humor in Bleach , though.

I'm a big Ichimaru fan , but Kubo destroyed him too.I don't know why i should read Bleach anymore.
I still like Bleach. This chapter was pretty good. Gin is alive, Rangiku X Gin might be cannon and Ichigo is here and next chapter is the end of the battle against Aizen. Yea Bleach had some suckish parts down the road, but Bleach is a roller coaster that people still can't wait to get on. Rather you hate it or not.
Old 2010-08-18, 19:47   Link #70
sayde

So deicide finally ends (without a deicide no less). Awesome.
And the hougyoku = Shikon Jewel--which coincidentally enough must be created via similar method to a certain philosopher stone. This rock just keeps getting more and more original.
Old 2010-08-18, 19:58   Link #71
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

so how many chapters you guys think there is left
Old 2010-08-18, 19:58   Link #72
Langus
Optimus Prime

I read this chapter twice before coming here to put my thoughts down.

Apart from Aizen being lame, since that's nothing new, the sliver of character development we got on Gin was a nice touch. I'd always liked him as a character and now I like him even more. Doing all of that for a woman? He's my kind of guy!

I have strong doubts that he's actually dead though (and not only just because this is Kubo we're talking about). He and Rangiku have a much needed reconciliation coming their way. Plus, Gin has made numerous references to himself a being a snake. Up in the ozarks (Canada) we know that the only way to really kill a snake is to decapitate it or bash its head in. So assuming Kubo is going to take that and run with it, and given that he left Gin's head/face completely untouched, I think chances are very good that this isn't the last we'll see of him.

As for Aizen's hougyoku business, it sounds like he stole Urahara's hougyoku and melded it with his own, creating one single hougyoku. I think Rangiku comes into play in a sort of round about way. It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that while Aizen's cronies were out collecting the hundreds of souls sacrificed by SS's people they came across Rangiku. I'm undecided on whether they simply stole her spirit energy or her virginity but both seem plausible to me. Though for the sake of drama, I think they found her alone and raped her just for kicks.

As for the whole Ichigo arrived and no one cares bit, I couldn't agree more. Let's just get this boring hax fight over with and move on already.
Old 2010-08-18, 20:14   Link #73
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
so how many chapters you guys think there is left
Spoiler for Bleach new arc:

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-08-18 at 20:33.
Old 2010-08-18, 20:21   Link #74
Gin
*Artist

What's that now?
Old 2010-08-18, 21:06   Link #75
sayde

Quote:
What's that now?
2nd'd. Elaborate moar please secretzfan.
Old 2010-08-18, 21:12   Link #76
james0246

Quote:
Still keeping my fingers crossed for Hiyori actually being dead though
Don't worry, it was an illusion...

---

That being said, did anyone else find the the designs in this chapter drastically different than previous chapters? The designs strongly reminded me of some of Nihei's work, especially Aizen's current form (the forehead and stoic expression, the straight eyes, etc).
Old 2010-08-18, 22:12   Link #77
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, did anyone else find the the designs in this chapter drastically different than previous chapters? The designs strongly reminded me of some of Nihei's work, especially Aizen's current form (the forehead and stoic expression, the straight eyes, etc).
Yesyesyesysyes.... yes!! Absolutely! I was thinking that about Aizen's form last chapter, but couldn't remember where I'd seen the style before. He also reminds me of Sensui from the Yu Yu Hakusho manga.

While I still think the whole Gin development seems ridiculous, I'm actually anticipating this fight. I'm not sure how Aizen could die now, but hopefully Kubo makes it an interesting fight.
Old 2010-08-18, 22:18   Link #78
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Don't worry, it was an illusion...
Hirako: Unohana-san, how is hiyori doing
Unohana: Well i thought i was doing pretty well... and then i realized it was an illusion and i've been trying to heal a pair of rocks for the past hour
Hirako:
Old 2010-08-18, 23:15   Link #79
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Chapters like this are why I don't watch the anime anymore. It no longer has the capability to render a masterpiece like this one.
Old 2010-08-18, 23:27   Link #80
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I really don't understand how this chapter was bad. I mean of course Aizen was overpowering, but what can you do. At least now it is all about to end. First 417 then 418 is it

As Tite said
Spoiler for Bleach the end:

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-08-18 at 23:41.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread