AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-30, 12:34   Link #1
Gaara.
Only God can Judge me

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara. Send a message via MSN to Gaara.
Naruto became Chuunin?

in that episode - [A-H] Naruto 103 some where in the middle he says "I was Victorious in the tournament and became a chuunin"

exact time of the word line is 13:16
Gaara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 12:36   Link #2
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

I think he said that he reached the finals dude, but I might be mistaken.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 12:40   Link #3
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara.
in that episode - [A-H] Naruto 103 some where in the middle he says "I was Victorious in the tournament and became a chuunin"

exact time of the word line is 13:16
Well he doesn't know that he didn't. They haven't announced the results at this point in the anime yet.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 12:43   Link #4
krem

bad translation?
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 12:47   Link #5
kboykb

Could be a bad translation.. or just a misunderstanding on Naruto's part..
Spoiler:
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 13:02   Link #6
ccardoso
Banned

Are you joking?
He can make rasengan and he isn't a Chuunin?
Formally I don't know, but we know he's at that level and beyond...
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 13:23   Link #7
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, it is his and his teams next level before he can become hokage. Which the 3rd hokage explained the rankings to them in an earlier episode. But, I think that he can become chuunin.

It even shows him in his chuunin outfit in various fanarts (whether they're from japanese or american related fanart sites).
Old 2004-09-30, 13:31   Link #8
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Well he doesn't know that he didn't. They haven't announced the results at this point in the anime yet.
thats what im thinking also. naruto doesnt know that he still a gennin and since he was still in the final round of the exam i can see why he would think he is one
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 14:42   Link #9
Yakushi-san

Well, I hope that Shikamaru was the only one that made Chuunin.

1: He's the only one that deserved it, for fighting smart, and with tremendous tactic-skills.
2: We'll probably get to see another Chuunin exam with Naruto and his team. Chuunin exams rock

But hey, how can they only make him Chuunin? They didn't even get to see Shino fight. He was a very good tactician too. And he had his bugs in addition.
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 14:47   Link #10
Captain_Dope

Either AH made a another translation error. But I think Naruto said he was a chuunin for two reasons, he defeated Neji in the finals and received a B-rank mission. Naruto is very selconfident and assumes that he became chuunin but he did not. He does not know yet who got and not promoted.

That must be it. I doubt the anime makers would make a big misstake like that.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 14:50   Link #11
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

executable moves have nothin to do with being a chuunin. Naruto would make a terrible chuunin. he has poor leadership skills and acts too rash most of the time.
The fact that he knows a few strongs Jutsu's wont improve that.

I think Naruto was just braggin as usual. Since the results of the chuunin exam are not disclosed yet in the anime, he has no way of knowing it.

I expected Sakura or Sasuke to tell him off, but strangely enough..they didn't
Old 2004-09-30, 15:00   Link #12
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The only one who is definatly a Chunnin is shikawhats it, the guy with the shadow skills.

Its true he beat Neji, but there was no skill involved, in truth it was nothing short of tenacity that won through. Naruto has no leadership skills at all, YET.

I kind of see the 4th as being the same at his age, and Orochimaru says that Naruto is exactly like Jiariya at that age, which is why Jiariya is teaching him. Also, Tsunade has already said that he would become Hokage, thats what brought her back and helped her get over her fear of blood enough to fight Oroch and save him.

He will become a chunnin eventually i think, but i doubt its anytime soon, as he is now he's to irresponsible. As those to examiners were talking during the exam, both Neji and Naruto didnt understand what it means to be a chunnin, only whatshisface showed the skills needed, primarily leadership and planning. All of Naruto's plans are run in and hit it till it dies hehehe

As for the Rasengen, he didnt know that during the trials, but so what. Saskue as Chidori (though aparently Rasengen is more powerful than Chidori), and then you have Neji who has equaled if not bettered Naruto on the secret moves, Kitan, and that 64 hit thing.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 15:00   Link #13
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
Well, I hope that Shikamaru was the only one that made Chuunin.

1: He's the only one that deserved it, for fighting smart, and with tremendous tactic-skills.
2: We'll probably get to see another Chuunin exam with Naruto and his team. Chuunin exams rock

But hey, how can they only make him Chuunin? They didn't even get to see Shino fight. He was a very good tactician too. And he had his bugs in addition.
While I think that Shikamaru will be the only one to be promoted I, personally, don't think that it will be because of his tactical genius. I don't think that makes any more sense than promoting the other genins for their genius bloodlines or amazing jutsu skills.
I think he will be/got (in the manga) promoted because he showed remarkable maturity in surrendering his match against Temari despite having the upper hand by the end of the match...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 15:01   Link #14
Yakushi-san

After all, Chuunins are team leaders... And Naruto is dumb on that field. Shikamaru is MUCH more suited for that title.
Spoiler:
Yakushi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 15:44   Link #15
Zek
Eyebrows...

THIS IS NOT A MANGA THREAD. DO NOT POST MANGA SPOILERS WITHOUT TAGS.

Holy crap guys. Read the rules. I can't believe some of you still haven't figured it out yet.

Anyway, as of this point in the anime the results of the Chuunin exam have not been announced. I think it was probably a poor translation on A-H's part, but it could be that Naruto just made an assumption.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 16:34   Link #16
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I've never read any manga, havent got a clue where to get it hehehe

All my thoughts come from what ive watched in the anime show. But if ultimatly Naruto does become Hokage, then he will at some point have to become a Chunnin, aswell as master over 1000 arts

But Rasengen is way cool i love the episod where he figures it out and smacks Kabuto (sp?) in the gut with it sending him flying. For a kid with no apparent skill he mastered a skill that took the 4th several years to master, in a week. I'd say that puts him up on genius level along with Saskue, just of a different kind. More like Lee i think, a Genius of Hard Work. After all Lee was able to open 5 of the 8 gates, which Kakashi states in shock that its not something that can be done through hard work.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 17:32   Link #17
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

If it isn't a translation error then it's probable that Naruto himself isn't aware that he hasn't become a chuunin yet.
Though it does clear something up that has been bothering me. Supposedly only ninjas with rank chuunin or higher can lead missions, so who's leading the mission in the current filler arc?
Though I find it highly unlikely that the anime team screw up this bad, at this point I'm feeling a bit nervous...
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 19:03   Link #18
xyrrus

I don't think it's a translation error, Naruto as much as he likes to brag about his accomplishments probably thinks he got selected because he beat Neji, Gaara and Kabuto.

But then again if you look at the whole episode, everything is all wrong. The animation team hasn't exactly been sticking to the continuity of the storyline. For example, Sasuke being there at all has already been discussed and the newest outrage of all... Sakura and her strength, so I see the animation team has the power to alter important characters. This isn't good.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 19:47   Link #19
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
THIS IS NOT A MANGA THREAD. DO NOT POST MANGA SPOILERS WITHOUT TAGS.

Holy crap guys. Read the rules. I can't believe some of you still haven't figured it out yet.

Anyway, as of this point in the anime the results of the Chuunin exam have not been announced. I think it was probably a poor translation on A-H's part, but it could be that Naruto just made an assumption.
I think you just spoiled it for people... The result of who became one was obvious. But who 'didn't' isn't obvious. The examiners said it right there" This guy is chuunin material unlike Naruto" during the SHikamaru fight or something like that.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 19:50   Link #20
ShinUmbra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
After all, Chuunins are team leaders... And Naruto is dumb on that field. Shikamaru is MUCH more suited for that title.
Spoiler:

Guys.. Naruto is a good leader. it's just that no one takes him litterally. They are to busy thinking he's dum like most of you people. Naruto's tactic's when it comes down to it are almost at shikamaru's lvl. He kept his party informed rather quickly in that battle on the boot tho ofcourse it was common knowleage as leader there is no way he could risk not telling them. When it comes down to it tho. Naruto is a good leader. He just can't lead the egotistical and the love struck members of his team. In group battle. Naruto just needs to make his own group. His clones follow his orders to the later and he will win! tactic's is somthing naruto is really good at.
ShinUmbra is offline   Reply With Quote