AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episodes 11 & 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 8 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 02:46   Link #61
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Even if Hayate no Gotoku 2nd season is made by JC Staff, it is still based on manga series.

Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Toradora, and Hidan no Aria are all based on light novel series.

If JC Staff is going to adapt another light novel series that features a tsundere girl we can expect Rie Kugimiya to vioce that girl.
Hey Guys... Well the second season, it hasn't been decided yet, check this out:
Hidan no Aria Author: 2nd Season Needs More BD/DVDs Sales
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...-bd/dvds-sales
Old 2011-07-03, 03:01   Link #62
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was certainly an uncomfortable couple of episodes at times. I mean just standing there while Riko is getting beated and tortured. I mean sure you were about to have a showdown but still....If that was seriously about Butei Rules again I'm starting to think someone has to rewrite those things. Seems like following all those rules are a good way to get killed.
In the LN, they explained that Aria could not risk to have Riko killed. Riko is someone who can testify in favor of Kanae. And, IIRC, Kinji could not activate his HSS under those conditions.

PS: It's was a not win and half-win situation for Aria. It's either get Riko AND Vlad killed, or just Vlad.
Old 2011-07-03, 04:39   Link #63
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I have read Baka-Tsuki's translations of the light novels, so let's see if I can get the differences in the last episode:

In the novel:
1) Aria does not know about the weak spots, until Kinji tells her during the final battle.
2) Kinji fires the first shots, and demonstrates Vlad's regeneration.
3) Kinji frees Riko by stabbing Vlad with his knife, while Aria provides fire support.
4) The anime leaves out Aria's response to Vlad's genetic obsession, praising Riko's hard work at self-improvement. (Dammit, why leave out this, JC Staff!)
5) Riko never tells Kinji that Vlad's last weak point is in his chest; she knows that it is his tongue. (Why did JC Staff waste time with that mistaken attack?)
6) Riko does not pick up Aria during the flight, Kinji goes into HM from seeing her in her underwear.
7) During the final four shots, a lightning strike distracts Aria, and that is why Kinji uses Billiard Shot to correct her trajectory. Riko swoops in and nails Vlad in the tongue.
And there's still more...

Addendum:
8) Sayonaki went into Hysteria Mode before transformation. He has a sadist fetish, so he needed to torture Riko to activate HSS, which is necessary to transform to Vlad. (The anime didn't mention it, thus it seemed like Riko's torture was to attract pity to the viewers. Why Sayonaki can use Hysteria Mode is also explained in the novel)
9) Technically, Sayonaki = Vlad is false. The two are different entities, thus, when Sayonaki implicitly told Aria and Kinji that he is not Vlad, he is not a lying.
10) The vampire setting in HnA is explained, as well as the details about Vlad's weak spots.
11) The scene about the wolf in Ep10 is explained, in the anime, it was eternally buried in mystery. (Speaking of Ep10, the anime omitted ALL the details regarding EU. That was a long discussion Kinji and Jeanne had in the novel)
12) The reason why Vlad proposed that deal to Riko is deducible in the novel.
13) Vlad was squashed by his own weapon after losing strength when his weak spots are destroyed. He did not self-destruct like that in the anime.
14) Vlad is not dead. He is currently in custody.
15) They omitted the scene Kinji calming Aria down using Leopon when she got scared by thunder. (We missed out Aria's moe scene here)
Old 2011-07-03, 08:23   Link #64
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
Oh dear god, I take it them weak spots aren't weak spots after all
I certainly hope for the anime if a 2nd season comes around he stays dead.

Some of these changes I actually find myself thinking they seem ok, at least with stuff like details not being explained I can live with since obviously the anime will be tight on time for all that.
But then by the sounds of some things I would have liked to see the likes of

3) Kinji frees Riko by stabbing Vlad with his knife, while Aria provides fire support.

See now this makes alot more sense than having the 2 of them rush at Vlad for some fancy CQB but then I have to go along with thinking that Vlad is just another typical arrogant villain that looks down on others.
No matter how good Aria and Kinji are at CQB, without fire support I doubt they could do anything to Vlad yet we have Aria jumping all over him>__<
Old 2011-07-03, 10:43   Link #65
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Some of these changes I actually find myself thinking they seem ok, at least with stuff like details not being explained I can live with since obviously the anime will be tight on time for all that.
But then by the sounds of some things I would have liked to see the likes of

See now this makes alot more sense than having the 2 of them rush at Vlad for some fancy CQB but then I have to go along with thinking that Vlad is just another typical arrogant villain that looks down on others.
No matter how good Aria and Kinji are at CQB, without fire support I doubt they could do anything to Vlad yet we have Aria jumping all over him>__<
One guy doing CQB while the other provides "fire support" is just asking for a friendly fire accident, so I don't think "making sense" is the right expression... (Then again, it's an anime where people shoot at flying bullets...)
Old 2011-07-03, 12:01   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
One guy doing CQB while the other provides "fire support" is just asking for a friendly fire accident, so I don't think "making sense" is the right expression... (Then again, it's an anime where people shoot at flying bullets...)
Yea thats something but the fact that Kinji and Aria are crack shots, I'm sure avoiding FF is on the table.

I mean we had Kinji dodging bullets throughout the series, a little more wouldn't hurt.

Plus you'd only need a few selective shots from Aria to distract Vlad for a sec for Kinji to get the job done.
Old 2011-07-03, 12:05   Link #67
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Butei are not allowed to kill.

Spoilers? novel details about justice system and Vlad's weak points:
Spoiler:

Regarding how much a possible season two covers (no plot details, just length comments):
Spoiler:

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2011-07-03, 17:10   Link #68
juventas

Jesus Christ. I understand the difficulties that an anime studio has in that they must make the show seem like a stand-alone entity, but the changes they made in the entire show were incomprehensible. The best adaptation in the whole series was Shirayuki and her locking Kinji in the nurse's room. I will second, third, and fourth the dismay of novel-readers. I actually read Zero no Tsukaima after I saw the anime and have come to the conclusion: JC Staff is incompetent. I honestly hope there is not a second season, for fear it will end up like ZnT season 3.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:34   Link #69
Texas84
よろしく

There have been plenty of second seasons after poor or average DVD sales. There have been plenty of shows that did not get second seasons after very good sales numbers. Someone may have made the decision they want so many sales to do a second season but there is no hard and fast rule. Sometimes a studio just wants to do it, sometimes they just don't.

Having said that, Riko, day-um! Moar Riko!
Old 2011-07-03, 22:07   Link #70
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post
And there's still more...

Addendum:
8) Sayonaki went into Hysteria Mode before transformation. He has a sadist fetish, so he needed to torture Riko to activate HSS, which is necessary to transform to Vlad. (The anime didn't mention it, thus it seemed like Riko's torture was to attract pity to the viewers. Why Sayonaki can use Hysteria Mode is also explained in the novel)
9) Technically, Sayonaki = Vlad is false. The two are different entities, thus, when Sayonaki implicitly told Aria and Kinji that he is not Vlad, he is not a lying.
10) The vampire setting in HnA is explained, as well as the details about Vlad's weak spots.
11) The scene about the wolf in Ep10 is explained, in the anime, it was eternally buried in mystery. (Speaking of Ep10, the anime omitted ALL the details regarding EU. That was a long discussion Kinji and Jeanne had in the novel)
12) The reason why Vlad proposed that deal to Riko is deducible in the novel.
13) Vlad was squashed by his own weapon after losing strength when his weak spots are destroyed. He did not self-destruct like that in the anime.
15) They omitted the scene Kinji calming Aria down using Leopon when she got scared by thunder. (We missed out Aria's moe scene here)
To be fair though, an anime can't put in every single detail...

I wonder if a second season comes around though, how are they going to bring Vlad back...he's vital to Kanae-san's trial...and he looks rather dead in the final ep....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-07-04 at 01:28.
Old 2011-07-04, 00:15   Link #71
katsudon
Part Time Translator

who's kana? er wait..i'll look it up myself

Japanzai TL - Working!!, Listen to Papa, Mayo Chiki,Btooom, Ore No XXXXX, Maga-Tsuki, Amagami
Old 2011-07-04, 00:48   Link #72
tsunade666

they will be making an ova right? then I wonder if the ova will clear up the idea of a second season. If they decide to show the ghost then theirs a high chance for second season and if it's just a bikini centered episode just like what Aria is doing because I think she's preparing it for something. That will give less chance for 2nd season and I will probably not see badass tohyama brothers bullet storm battle.
Old 2011-07-04, 01:28   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
they will be making an ova right? then I wonder if the ova will clear up the idea of a second season. If they decide to show the ghost then theirs a high chance for second season and if it's just a bikini centered episode just like what Aria is doing because I think she's preparing it for something. That will give less chance for 2nd season and I will probably not see badass tohyama brothers bullet storm battle.
OVA? Where have you heard this?
Old 2011-07-04, 07:18   Link #74
tsunade666

extra episode on the last disc. It maybe not called an ova but a bonus episode.
Old 2011-07-04, 14:42   Link #75
Raiga
tl;dr

I loved this anime and I still don't know why. I don't care if you want to call it "so bad it's good" or whatever, but it was a lot of fun. Riko forever!
Old 2011-07-05, 06:06   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I loved this anime and I still don't know why. I don't care if you want to call it "so bad it's good" or whatever, but it was a lot of fun. Riko forever!
Who can hate Riko?
Old 2011-07-05, 07:21   Link #77
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who can hate Riko?
I didn't really like her. What Sayonaki did was kind of f*cked up, I felt bad for her then.
Old 2011-07-05, 13:46   Link #78
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

1) Sure, Dracula was a twisted fucker, but who else drooled at how much detail JC Staff put into the pork that Kinji prepared for it in Episode 11? It looked so succulent you can almost smell and taste it!!

2) That aside, that beating Dracula gave to Riko-chan is stomach-turningly painful to watch. The fact the loser implied she was sexually abused (to produce "The Fifth") made me want rip its fucking heart out and break its goddamn spine even more.

Haven't spat at my computer screen since the antics of QB from Madoka, did it again tonight at Dracula.

3) In spite of all she claims, Riko-chan isn't a bad girl after all. All considered, the poor thing is lucky to be this emotionally well adjusted after all that she went through.
Old 2011-07-06, 20:11   Link #79
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsudon View Post
who's kana? er wait..i'll look it up myself
I want to know too.

Jeanne's drawing of Vlad was pretty actuate. I know Jeanne was an awesome artist.
Old 2011-07-06, 22:08   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

2) That aside, that beating Dracula gave to Riko-chan is stomach-turningly painful to watch. The fact the loser implied she was sexually abused (to produce "The Fifth") made me want rip its fucking heart out and break its goddamn spine even more.
They removed the part where he 'offered' her to Kinji.
Closed Thread