AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 40.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-11, 00:59   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Nisemonogatari - Episode 06 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Nisemonogatari, Episode 06.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 10:26   Link #2
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, so I guess nothing much happens in this episode.....save the best for last!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:07   Link #3
Miraluka
Banned

Not an exciting episode and there was quality -__-.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 12:06   Link #4
larethian

Gahara did say some interesting lines, especially:
Spoiler for 6:

Last edited by larethian; 2012-02-11 at 12:18.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 12:45   Link #5
marcosv

"Remove the sexual harassment from Araragi-san, and there's nothing left, but, a flea".

I love the dialog in this show.
marcosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 13:21   Link #6
HandofFate

I liked this episode, not a lot of 'action' but the story certainly progressed.

I liked the beginning and end parts the best.
Hachikuji likes getting molested by Araragi and just acting like she hates it. I like how she seems to be the most preceptive of the girls when Araragi converses with them. Don't know how to define the types of conversations she and Araragi has.

Big middle part was okay, it seemed to drag on for a long while.

Also, Shinobu is so good! She appeared for like only 2 minutes near the end and totally stole the whole episode. Loved when she was "oh no oh no, what cruel fate forces me to obey..." XFD

I'm really looking forward to when I get to finally see how she and Araragi first met and got connected.
Old 2012-02-11, 13:32   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Hachikuji and Araragi were normal for a change. I really want to know what Hanekawa has on Senjougahara. Nice to have Shinobu help out again.
Old 2012-02-11, 13:42   Link #8
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Man, I just can't enjoy the pair's relationship upgrade while I'm bummed out about last week's teaser amounting to nothing.... >.< That weird background music to Araragi's confession didn't help...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 13:47   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was fun to watch things go strange with Hachikuji and Araragi when the sexual harassment is removed . Guess this gives him a free pass to go back to normal .

Some good moments as well with Senjougahara. Setting up the meeting with Kaiki and of course hammering out an agreement so Araragi can go with her. Does show the similarities between Araragi and his sisters. Despite things being better for them if they just stayed out of things, they can't ignore what's right in front of them. Interesting argument as well how Araragi is good against hypocrites, but his sense of right may leave him vulnerable against those who are truly evil. Just nice as well to have Araragi come out with those strong statements about loving Senjougahara. Since his sister and Senjougahara are connected to this guy he can't stay out of it.

The Shinobu parts were fun too. Definitely handy to have around though it's quite a shift from that silent mode we had in the first series.

Kind of worried as well about the connection with Hanekawa and Senjougahara. Something dangerous is going on here...
Old 2012-02-11, 14:37   Link #10
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Damn, Im sorry for those who like her but I can' stand Hanekawa. Even when she's not in an episode, she's ruining the show (for me). How dares she bullying Senjouhara ? It's rare for me to not like a character but Hanekawa is one of them.

But other than that, it was a really good episode thanks to Senjouhara, Hachikuji and of course Shinobu

Of course, the less Hanakewa, the better.

9/10.
Old 2012-02-11, 14:52   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll never stopped being amazed by Shinbou's ability to keep the show visually stimulating even in scenes where absolutely nothing happens (two people sitting at a table). This is how you direct a dialogue heavy anime.

The foreshadowing was a bit misleading at first- I thought it was alluding to her future new haircut- however her last words made it clear at least to me that her request is actually more serious than that: she wants Araragi to make her a woman. I suppose that's a better way to move on than simply cutting your hair.

Shinobu was fantastic once again. She is truly like a completely new character now. No traces of the quiet and sullen Shinobu are left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Damn, Im sorry for those who like her but I can' stand Hanekawa. Even when she's not in an episode, she's ruining the show (for me). How dares she bullying Senjouhara ? It's rare for me to not like a character but Hanekawa is one of them.
You shouldn't take everything a master troll and self-proclaimed liar says at face value. It is true that Hitagi is submissive towards her (because she feels she is superior), but I strongly doubt Tsubasa bullies her or anybody else.
Old 2012-02-11, 14:57   Link #12
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I love how Araragi and Hachikuji's relationship gets awkward when he's not molesting her. Nice call-back to his pledge from when Kanbaru gave him a taste of his own medicine.

Sejougahara was in top form. She really is a spectacular deadpan troll. I loved her parodying that leaving something unspoken between them raises death flags, even invoking the tragic keepsake trope. It's a shame the shot was so far zoomed out from her when she did all that exaggerated emoting as she described the plot device. It would probably have made a great avatar.

One of the things I've always liked about Bakemonogatari is how all of the girls in their own way feel like there's something dangerous about them. Araragi can never let his guard down with any of them. Mayoi's got so much insight into Araragi that she could probably make him dance to any tune she pleased, Senjougahara feels like she's a danger to herself and others (though most of this is probably an affectation), Rainy Devil-possessed Kanbaru went yandere for her crush, Nadeko gives off creepy obsessive brocon vibes, and Hanekawa seems to have cowed even the mighty Senjougahara behind the scenes. The vampire who literally lurks at his side seems to be the least of his concerns.

Speaking of which: Ka-ka! I love this laugh so much.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 15:02   Link #13
Richocet
Lover of Purity

This was such a nice episode. Hitagi being submissive towards Hanekawa has me thinking wht she has on her. I liked how she kept making poses while talking all serious.
It suprised me when Hachikuji refused to accept Araragi when he isnt moledting her. Their conversations are the best.
And Shinobu is the best with her ka-ka
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 15:10   Link #14
GDB

Detective Conan reference was amazing. That and Shinobu's "order" speech were the highlights of the episode.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 15:25   Link #15
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Senjougahara's body

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Solid episode. Reminded the audience again why Kaiki deserves to be punched by Karen. Loved the scene where Senjougahara walked among the office supplies, changing outfits.

Also, rare to see Araragi make such an arrogant face while talking to Senjougahara
Spoiler:
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 16:26   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You shouldn't take everything a master troll and self-proclaimed liar says at face value. It is true that Hitagi is submissive towards her (because she feels she is superior), but I strongly doubt Tsubasa bullies her or anybody else.
I'm sure you can't take everything at face value. But, we are talking about the situation between Senjougahara and the girl who liked Araragi but got beat to him. Never know what kind of issues might go on between them. May mostly be for comedic value, but....I won't discount that something might be going on either.
Old 2012-02-11, 17:00   Link #17
Clarste
Human

Good episode. We're finally starting to get a lot of dialog pay-offs from the earlier conversations. So it retroactively makes the other episodes better too (not that I had too many doubts).
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 17:05   Link #18
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Senjougahara's body
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
My giddiness for this show increases 10 fold whenever Hitagi is on screen. Her dangerous flair, along with SHAFT's flair for dramatic poses and epic pencil structures works so well. Then there is NisiOisiN's flair for creating new verbs 'Tsundering'.

The lead in with Hachikuji, the sharp Hitagi filling and the Shinobu chaser (ka ka ka) made this a great episode.

Last edited by 00Coyote; 2012-02-11 at 17:08. Reason: ka ka ka
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 19:11   Link #19
mastakilla88

But... Did he kiss her??

Spoiler:
mastakilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 20:05   Link #20
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
LOL, I am on the exactly opposite camp...

Damn, I'm sorry for those who don't like her but I love Hanekawa. Even when she's not in an episode, she's running the show (for me). Capable of disciplining Senjouhara ? It's rare for me to love a character but Hanekawa is one of them.

... and needless to say, I loved this episode too, the pace has sped up a lot, the dialogue is fresh as ever, everything falls into place.

Another thing I love with Kizu- and Nise- is that the non-linear storytelling makes the character development even more interesting to read and watch
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote